Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? (5000 Views)

DID PASTOR ADEBOYE INTENTIONALLY DID THIS TO JONATHAN? SEE PICS / Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To President Jonathan? / Pastor Adeboye Changes Profile Picture To Jonathan, Cover Photo To Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by amzee(m): 12:05pm On Feb 11, 2015
Am not against anybody before some people will start calling me names.
Does blessing one with Right or Left hand really matter how a prayer will be answered?

From what those who should know
are saying, left hand "blessing" is
always one-kind one-kind . Lol...
...when it's time for him to release
"blessings" for APC's Yemi
Osinbajo, he used his right hand.
Smh!

1 Like

Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by chaberry(m): 12:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
Ok
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by kestolove95(m): 12:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
Why kneelin down for human like u?..is he God?...

3 Likes

Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by economia: 12:17pm On Feb 11, 2015
amzee:
Am not against anybody before some people will start calling me names.
Does blessing one with Right or Left hand really matter how a prayer will be answered?

From what those who should know
are saying, left hand "blessing" is
always one-kind one-kind . Lol...
...when it's time for him to release
"blessings" for APC's Yemi
Osinbajo, he used his right hand.
Smh!
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by clevvermind(m): 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2015
kestolove95:
it is just a sign of respect to God's servant. Nothing more.

3 Likes

Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by leshluap(m): 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2015
OP, nawa 4u o

1 Like

Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by Sanchez01: 12:48pm On Feb 11, 2015
kestolove95:
Are you a Muslim? Only Muslims think this way. Moreso, I have Muslim friends who say the same thing about kneeling in prayers before pastors.

1 Like

Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by kestolove95(m): 12:56pm On Feb 11, 2015
Sanchez01:

Are you a Muslim? Only Muslims think this way. Moreso, I have Muslim friends who say the same thing about kneeling in prayers before pastors.
sanchez..am a muslim,seriuxli I will like if u educate me on dix...nd if it is stated anywia in d bible..cox if u kneel for man of God what will u do for God?

3 Likes

Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by kestolove95(m): 12:57pm On Feb 11, 2015
clevvermind:
it is just a sign of respect to God's servant. Nothing more.
ok
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by Sanchez01: 1:09pm On Feb 11, 2015
kestolove95:
sanchez..am a muslim,seriuxli I will like if u educate me on dix...nd if it is stated anywia in d bible..cox if u kneel for man of God what will u do for God?
[b]
I would have loved to threat this here but we both know this is the politics section. Regardless, lemme try...

In Christendom, pastors are seen as vessels used by God. Hence, when a TRUE pastor prophesies, he does so based on guidance and revelation. The same way their curses are more effective when they're uttered because we believe them to be oracles of God. Hence, when I kneel before a man of God/Pastor in the course of prayer it implies that I'm not kneeling before such pastor but I respect the call of God on him and I realize that he is a vessel used by God.

Conclusively, kneeling does not mean I see myself below such pastor but recognize that there's something greater in such person that makes him stand out, and that is the anointing; God's call on them.

Scriptural Reference:

Philippians 2:9-11
For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
[/b]

12 Likes

Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by shadelek(m): 1:23pm On Feb 11, 2015
Be it left hand blessing or right hand blessing, blessing na blessing.

1 Like

Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by bennyrazz: 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2015
it matters alot. Let me show you something in the book of Genesis 48 when Israel aka Jacob blessed the sons of Joseph
8 When Israel saw the sons of Joseph, he asked, “Who are these?”

9 “They are the sons God has given me here,” Joseph said to his father.

Then Israel said, “Bring them to me so I may bless them.”

10 Now Israel’s eyes were failing because of old age, and he could hardly see. So Joseph brought his sons close to him, and his father kissed them and embraced them.

11 Israel said to Joseph, “I never expected to see your face again, and now God has allowed me to see your children too.”

12 Then Joseph removed them from Israel’s knees and bowed down with his face to the ground.

13 And Joseph took both of them, Ephraim on his right toward Israel’s left hand and Manasseh on his left toward Israel’s right hand, and brought them close to him.
14 But Israel reached out his right hand and put it on Ephraim’s head, though he was the younger, and crossing his arms, he put his left hand on Manasseh’s head, even though Manasseh was the firstborn.
if you notice here, joseph brought the first born towards the right hand of Israel so that he would use his right hand to bless his firstborn while he uses his left hand to bless his second born but Israel crossed his hands to use his left hands to bless the first born, while he used his right hand to bless the second born. So what Papa Adeboye did here is not a coincidence.
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by amzee(m): 1:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
shadelek:
It matters alot.
Can you use your Left hand to shake your boss @ work?
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by dre11(m): 1:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
He never intended to do it...

He was led by the spirit and he had to follows its dictate

Mtcheww
Nah everything una dey read meaning to

5 Likes

Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by Lilimax(f): 1:57pm On Feb 11, 2015
kestolove95:
He was in God's presence.
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by elantraceey(f): 2:04pm On Feb 11, 2015
Nigerians always reading meaning to irrelevant things.
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by xxxoladevoxxx(m): 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
Sanchez01:

There are Yoruba moslems abi, dont dey lie on the floor when greeting an elder

3 Likes

Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by hayoakins(m): 2:08pm On Feb 11, 2015
God wants CHANGE.

The voice of man is the voice of GOD
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by georgecso(m): 2:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
hmm
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by Sanchez01: 2:14pm On Feb 11, 2015
xxxoladevoxxx:

There are Yoruba moslems abi, dont dey lie on the floor when greeting an elder
True, I was born and bred and I'm still living in the S/W but I think I understand Kestolove95's point; he was referring to the idea of kneeling before a pastor. To him, he believes the people kneeling are doing it for the pastors. And about the Yorubas, it's expected that their males prostrate before an elder. This is regarded as a sign of respect. Whereas what is needed elsewhere is only to greet an elder in your dialect without bending or prostrating. Cultures differ and they're not in any way affiliated with religion.
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by enoqueen: 2:15pm On Feb 11, 2015
Baba knows the usefulness of right hand cos he also knows that jona usually bite the finger that fed him.
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by darksuit(m): 2:36pm On Feb 11, 2015
;DWell, the GEJ case shows us that the microphone is of more importance than jona
As if to say depart from here u thieving scallywag.
Speculations though!
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by Here2BustnScrew: 2:39pm On Feb 11, 2015
dre11:

He never intended to do it...

He was led by the spirit and he had to follows its detate

Mtcheww
Nah everything una dey read meaning to
please which spirit?
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by dre11(m): 3:04pm On Feb 11, 2015
Here2BustnScrew:

please which spirit?

Go to redemption camp and ask him
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by stepo707: 3:26pm On Feb 11, 2015
Nigerians always reading meaning to everything.nawao
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by kassano22(m): 3:38pm On Feb 11, 2015
i keep wondering what has religion got to do with politics? Remember jjesus said his kingdom is not part of this world why then should pastors endorse political candidates?that is sheer hipocrisy.there work is to preach the word and not looking for politicians to pray for
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by thaoriginator: 4:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
kestolove95:
Don't mind the clueless dumbo! He should get a clue from Osinbajo
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by agabusta: 4:04pm On Feb 11, 2015
shadelek:

I have once listened to Baba Adeboye's advise that one should be on the right hand side during a pastoral blessing.
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by jsunex(m): 4:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
kestolove95:

When u talk lik ds for jus kneeling wat do u say abt those that pray in the name of their poster nkan no longer in Almighty God's name e.g the God of pastor chukudi bless dem...

1 Like

Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
ALWAYS TRYING TO BRING SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING
undecided
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by size40: 4:52pm On Feb 11, 2015
GEJ does not even deserve the blessing of any man of God.
Re: Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? by oluyemisee(f): 7:52pm On Feb 11, 2015
kestolove95:
don't u kneel for ur moda and fada?are they God?mtcheeeeeeew

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Is Sick. / As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... / Fayemi Presents N129.9bn Budget For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.