Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,577 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE - Education (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE (180833 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
who has seen his/her result in MHSS how was the performance?? I'm so anxious
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by adejo007(m): 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
Pls, who has seen his/her result in biochem; any gist about general performance ? Thanks in advance.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by lopzy(f): 1:53am On Nov 20, 2015
A
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by jideissa: 7:45am On Nov 20, 2015
good a.m house.they called me from pg school yesterday that i should come and rectify some things on my form along with one of my friends.but what baffles me was that some people also made the same mistake but were not called.i do not know what is happening to unilag.though we've corrected it.

1 Like

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by braine(m): 8:06am On Nov 20, 2015
jideissa:
good a.m house.they called me from pg school yesterday that i should come and rectify some things on my form along with one of my friends.but what baffles me was that some people also made the same mistake but were not called.i do not know what is happening to unilag.though we've corrected it.

I think you've been favoured already. Congrats in advance.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by jideissa: 8:14am On Nov 20, 2015
@braine,i hope so
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by ibadanfinest(m): 8:58am On Nov 20, 2015
jideissa:

Abeg what mistake exactly o plus what dept.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by jideissa: 9:21am On Nov 20, 2015
@ibadan finest,the dept is arts and social sciences education(M.ED Economics Edu). on d applcatn form,where there is academic qualificatn,instead of puting B.SC ED ECONS We typed b.sc ed arts and soc sci edu.but initially when we filled the form,econs was not there.we only saw arts and soc sci edu.that wad why we chose it.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Prec1ous(m): 10:57am On Nov 20, 2015
[b]Been a student in any Nigerian institution is not easy especially when you have no support or your allowance is never enough, trust me, i have been there before and i know how it feels.

I have been there and i know how it feels, so i complied this post which comprises of all the business me and friends engaged in to live well and better during our university days.

This post will open your mind to simple businesses you can start at your campus irrespective of your location of finance with little or no capital to earn money and live well and better.

SAY NO to Armed robbery, prostitution, stealing, Cultism and other negative social vices.

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO READ THE POST (it has no worth in money and you are lucky to see it)
[size=13pt]
Amazing ways to make money as a Nigerian undergraduate student both online and offline in any Institution[/size]
[/b]
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2015
I called a lecturer in the department I applied to. She told me results have been sent to the PG school for addition of other marks such as class of degree, professional membership, work experience etc. She also said it is difficult to tell me if I made the cut-off or not as she couldnt tell how many more marks the PG school will add to my score. Hopefully, the list should be out by next month.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by braine(m): 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
I called a lecturer in the department I applied to. She told me results have been sent to the PG school for addition of other marks such as class of degree, professional membership, work experience etc. She also said it is difficult to tell me if I made the cut-off or not as she couldnt tell how many more marks the PG school will add to my score. Hopefully, the list should be out by next month.

Far away next month! angry
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
braine:

Far away next month! angry
Yes braine......last year's list also came out mid December. But it's quite unfortunate for Unilag. The major sharp practices will be from the PG school. That is where results of favorite applicants will be inflated to meet cut-offs.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by ibadanfinest(m): 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2015
Nawa o, I was told first batch of admission will be the third week of December. They should release our result o. I just pray I make it to the admission list o because the economics entrance exam na sth else o.

2 Likes

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by lopzy(f): 6:25pm On Nov 20, 2015
Does that mean that if couldn't view some of your uploaded files while registering it might affect your mark
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by ibadanfinest(m): 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2015
lopzy:
Does that mean that if couldn't view some of your uploaded files while registering it might affect your mark

I don't think there is need to view uploaded document, u strongly believe its uncalled for.
Your application will be checked, they will only look at the grade you fill and use it to award mark.

Proper screening will be done via registration.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Muyiclue2: 7:46pm On Nov 20, 2015
Can one use certificate instead of transcript if one is not a Unilag graduate. l need answer pls!
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by mtor: 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2015
Muyiclue2:
Can one use certificate instead of transcript if one is not a Unilag graduate. l need answer pls!
Yes
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 11:26am On Nov 23, 2015
its show time guys!!!
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by braine(m): 11:31am On Nov 23, 2015
kalan:
its show time guys!!!

I like the sound of that. grin Whats up?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by lopzy(f): 11:50am On Nov 23, 2015
Which show plsw
kalan:
its show time guys!!!
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2015
kalan:
its show time guys!!!

Results out?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by jideissa: 12:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
mr kalan,waiting
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2015
ibadanfinest:

That's why some multi national firms will call us unemployable. Its not their fault but that of our educational system thats full of corruption even when u don't want to participate in corruption, u will be encouraged. Just like when aspirant don't meet cut off, they start asking, ' do you know somebody that can help'.

Hi Ibadanfinest.

You opened a jar for discussion in your submission above and i will like us to rub minds.

I think we should look at it this way. What is the purpose of cut-off marks?
to eliminate the crowd? right.
that does not mean those people did not pass the exams. they were screen out because there is no space for everyone.

At this point, other criteria comes in to help you. how you go about it its your prerogative.
Apart from your intelligence there are other resources that helps you successful in life.

Have you not seen some first class who you take tutorials in your undergrad days and they still score higher than you?
I know so many first class that you are sure you are better than, but they made first class and you did not.

how come?

Other resources at play.

Lets take Unilag for example, 40% is the pass mark for all admission both UTME and PG, its in the school constitution document.
if you score below that mark, even the president of Nigeria cannot help you.

if a dept has 200 applicants and the school has space for 75 people naturally they will use cut-off to eliminate.
Now, they wont pick all 75 from merit(cut-off) they may pick about 90%, say 65. the rest 10 people will come from below the cut-off marks but above 40%.

so dont be surprise if the cut-off is 61% and somebody with 43% is admitted while somebody with 59% is not.
Both 43% and 59% passed the exams and are qualified for admission, but the 43% candidate has other resources to help him
get the admission which he employed.

Is it fair?

That is subjective. Life is not and will never be fair.
Even God says, Jacob I love and Esau I hate while they were still in their mother womb.

Let personalize this, if you hear there is any good thing somewhere, who will you call first?
your friends and family, right?

Does that mean others (who are not f&f) wont like such good things? they will, but you didnt contact them. you went first to F&F

why?

we tend to help those we know first, its human nature.
so the school, even from its secondary school admission (ISL) gives some slots for F&F that scored above 40%. note not all.

In summary, knowing someone that will help you is a good thing, if you are qualified to be helped.
everyone needs someone in some point in your life to introduce you or push you to success.

a child needs the mother
Buhari needed a Tinubu
Jesus needed John the baptist

BUT the issue here is ARE YOU QUALIFY TO BE HELPED?
or to put it bluntly, DID YOU PASS THE EXAMS?

and if the person scored above 40%, whether you like it or not the school says the person passed albeit did not meet the cut-off.

Hope this will get some people thinking now.

that is why the bible says, the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong but time and chance (opportunities) happen to them.

In the eyes of the UNILAG LAW 40% and 70% are the same.

As I will always say, First Class does not mean you come first to class.

Hope it helps

1 Like

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 12:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
lopzy:
Which show plsw

Results + Admission list

yes the results are ready and many people already checked theirs and some happy others not smiling.
but some marks will still be added as the results are raw marks.

so expect good news any time T.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 12:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
kalan:

Hi Ibadanfinest.

You opened a jar for discussion in your submission above and i will like us to rub minds.

I think we should look at it this way. What is the purpose of cut-off marks?
to eliminate the crowd? right.
that does not mean those people did not pass the exams. they were screen out because there is no space for everyone.

At this point, other criteria comes in to help you. how you go about it its your prerogative.
Apart from your intelligence there are other resources that helps you successful in life.

Have you not seen some first class who you take tutorials in your undergrad days and they still score higher than you?
I know so many first class that you are sure you are better than, but they made first class and you did not.

how come?

Other resources at play.

Lets take Unilag for example, 40% is the pass mark for all admission both UTME and PG, its in the school constitution document.
if you score below that mark, even the president of Nigeria cannot help you.

if a dept has 200 applicants and the school has space for 75 people naturally they will use cut-off to eliminate.
Now, they wont pick all 75 from merit(cut-off) they may pick about 90%, say 65. the rest 10 people will come from below the cut-off marks but above 40%.

so dont be surprise if the cut-off is 61% and somebody with 43% is admitted while somebody with 59% is not.
Both 43% and 59% passed the exams and are qualified for admission, but the 43% candidate has other resources to help him
get the admission which he employed.

Is it fair?

That is subjective. Life is not and will never be fair.
Even God says, Jacob I love and Esau I hate while they were still in their mother womb.

Let personalize this, if you hear there is any good thing somewhere, who will you call first?
your friends and family, right?

Does that mean others (who are not f&f) wont like such good things? they will, but you didnt contact them. you went first to F&F

why?

we tend to help those we know first, its human nature.
so the school, even from its secondary school admission (ISL) gives some slots for F&F that scored above 40%. note not all.

In summary, knowing someone that will help you is a good thing, if you are qualified to be helped.
everyone needs someone in some point in your life to introduce you or push you to success.

a child needs the mother
Buhari needed a Tinubu
Jesus needed John the baptist

BUT the issue here is ARE YOU QUALIFY TO BE HELPED?
or to put it bluntly, DID YOU PASS THE EXAMS?

and if the person scored above 40%, whether you like it or not the school says the person passed albeit did not meet the cut-off.

Hope this will get some people thinking now.

that is why the bible says, the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong but time and chance (opportunities) happen to them.

In the eyes of the UNILAG LAW 40% and 70% are the same.

As I will always say, First Class does not mean you come first to class.

Hope it helps

Brilliant piece. Meanwhile, are you a karid entity? grin Also, can you render any help as regards checking scores?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by mtor: 12:31pm On Nov 23, 2015
Mr Kalan has been very blunt and truthful....

Ps: I think releasing admission list with Scores might be a good change explains the longer delay.

Success to you guys may you be favored
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by dondec(m): 3:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
[/quote][quote author=kalan post=30630727]Currently We Have Past Q&A For the Following Set of MASTERS/PROFESSIONAL Courses FOR UNILAG MASTERS 2015/2016 ENTRANCE EXAMS.

Below for you to download and read on your PC, BB, IPAD, LAPTOPS, SAMSUNG, IPHONE, TECNO, HUAWEI, INFINITY AND LUMIA PHONES,

Or you may print it out if you so desire.

WE STOCK SOFT AND HARD COPIES FOR YOUR DELIGHT.

REQUEST YOUR COPY OR CALL NOW. SEE DETAILS BELOW.

CURRENT AVAILABLE UNILAG MASTER/PG COURSES FOR 2015/2016 ENTRANCE EXAMS ARE:

1. MBA P/T, F/T and Executive

2. Masters in Managerial Psychology (MMP)

3. M.Sc. Political Science & Occasional

4. Master of Public Administration (MPA)

5. M.Sc. & P.G.D Mass Communication

6. Master in Transport Management and Planning (MTMP)

7. M.Sc. & PGD Economics

8. PGD & M.A. English

9. Master of Project Management (MPM)

10. M.Sc. Estate Management

11. Master of Facilities Management (MFM)

12. Master in Public and International Affairs (MPIA)

13. M.Sc. Marketing

14. M.Sc. Management

15. M.Sc. Operations Research

16. M.Sc. Production Management & Organizational Behaviour

17. PGD Finance and M.Sc. Finance

18. Masters in Development Finance (MDF)

19. M.Sc. Accounting and PGD Accounting

20. M.Sc. Industrial Relations & Personnel Management (IRPM)

21. Master of Industrial & Labour Relations

22. M.Sc. Actuarial Science

23. M.Sc. Risk Management & Insurance

24. M.Sc. Insurance

25. Masters in Employment & Labour Studies (MELS)

26. Masters in Public Health (MPH)

27. M.Sc. Electrical Engineering

28. M.Sc. CHEMICAL Engineering

29. M.Sc. Systems Engineering

30. Master Risk Management MRM

31. M.Sc. LLM

32. M.Sc. CHEMISTRY

33. M.Sc. ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY

34. M.Sc. CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT

35. M.Sc. BUILDING

36. M.Sc. ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY

37. Master Of Education (M.Ed.) Educational Administration and Planning

38. Master Of Education (M.Ed.) Educational Foundation

39. Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)

40. Master Of Education (M.Ed.) Adult Education

41. Masters of Science (M.Sc) in Mechanical Engineering

42. Masters of Science (M.Sc) in Cell Biology and Genetics

43. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD.) in Cell Biology and Genetics

44. Masters of Science (M.Sc) in Microbiology

45. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD.) in Cell Biology and Genetics

46. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD.) in Building Services

47. Msc Statistics

48. Msc/Pgd Economics

49. Msc/Pgd Mathematics

50. Masters in Process Engineering MPE

51. Msc/Pgd GEOPHYSICS

52. Masters in APPLIED GEOPHYSICS (MAG)

53. Msc GEOLOGY

54. Masters in APPLIED GEOPHYSICS (MAG)

55. Master of Science in Risk Management and Insurance

56. MSC in Psychology

57. Master of Science in Psychology (Occasional)

58. (M.Sc.) in Surveying and Geoinformatics

59. Master of Geographic Information System MGIS

60. Master of Geoinformatics Information Technology MGIT

61. (M.Sc.) in PHYSICS

62. Master in ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT MEM

63. M.Sc. in ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICOLOGY & POLLUTION MANAGEMENT

64. Master in DIPLOMACY and STRATEGIC STUDIES MDSS

65. Master in International Relations and STRATEGIC STUDIES - MISS

66. Msc in Public Health (MPH)

67. M.A. in History and Strategic studies

68. Msc in CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY

69. Msc In SURVEYING AND GEOINFORMATICS

70. Msc Sociology

71. Msc Biochemistry

72. Msc Anatomy

73. Msc Physiology

DOWNLOAD YOUR COPY FROM THE SITE BELOW OR CALL THE NUMBER ON THE SITE FOR ENQUIRIES

http://careerplusonline.net/unilagpostgraduatepastquestionsanswers

for all your Unilag PG past questions and answers download and enquire about Tuition fees for all depts

FORMS ARE OUT AND STARTED SELLING SINCE JUNE 8TH TO END JULY 31ST.

Do not waste your Form fees N22,500, Do something about it today

All the best.
Hi kalan.

i graduated with a 2:2, BSc Animal and environmental biology. currently i work in a bank, and so, i am considering doing a Masters in banking and finance, or an MBA, or go in line with my course of study in the university and study Msc environmental sciences or toxicology and pollution management. please what is your opinion ?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by ibadanfinest(m): 3:27pm On Nov 23, 2015
Mr Kalan, Nice pix. But whats bad is bad. There is whats called merit which I believe should be encouraged more while other factors be it F and F should constitute a lower percentage. Its almost equal in Unilag.

Mtor.

Result shud be out before admission list. Our result should not stay this long. If it were out at the appropriate time, peopl would have moved on.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by ABDamola(m): 3:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
[quote author=kalan post=40317241]its show time guys!!![/quote
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by mtor: 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2015
ibadanfinest:

Mtor.

Result shud be out before admission list. Our result should not stay this long. If it were out at the appropriate time, peopl would have moved on.
That was the system before and it might still be done but let me say that you will still complain and will not be able to move on
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by mtor: 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2015
k

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (109) (Reply)

Oou 2015/2016 Admission / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / LASPOTECH CHAT ROOM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.