Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

ṢANGÓ - One of the 401 Mispercieved ÍRUNMO̩LẸ Force - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ṢANGÓ - One of the 401 Mispercieved ÍRUNMO̩LẸ Force (2588 Views)

By Fire By Force / East Africa's Top Special Force / Orúkọ Àwọn Ọmọba Méjìlá Tí Ń Du Àpèrí Ọọ̀ni Ilé-ifẹ̀ Lẹ́hìn Ìpapòdà Ọba Síjúadé (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ṢANGÓ - One of the 401 Mispercieved ÍRUNMO̩LẸ Force by ghostofsparta(m): 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2015
[size=38pt]- ṢANGÓ - [/size]
[size=16pt]ONE OF THE 401 MISPERCEIVED ÍRUNMO̩LẸs[/size]

On Facebook, an atheist posted the picture below which had a caption that mocked Christianity by equating their central figure with 'Thor' - the God of Thunder in Norse mythology. I felt compelled to write the following explanation below:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-G-ze0pylGZc/VNs0ppW8PsI/AAAAAAAAAMc/gjkgdl1KDCo/s1600/thor.jpg[/img]
There is one more important Irunmo̩le̩ among the 401 Oris̩as called 'S̩angó' whom my people in their scholarly bid to correspond S̩angó
with the Norse-Greco-Roman concept of a god-of-this-and-that unknowingly misinterpreted S̩angó as the Yoruban equivalent of a god of thunder like they have Thor, Zeus etc. FALSEHOOD!!!!

S̩angó the Oris̩a is different but much often mistaken with S̩angó the Alafin (Alafin is a kingship title specific to the mid-ancient Ọyo̩s tribes), both of whom I maintain are neither a God of Thunder. It's a misnomer.

S̩angó is actually an attainable force of nature that encompasses all things that pertains to retribution, vengeance and justice, a force of reckoning which my ancient Yoruba ancestors personified into the deity S̩angó as once attained by an Alafin known as JAKUTA. This divinistic force of revenge and justice called S̩angó manifest itself as thunder and lightening while the Alafin who once assumed it is reputed to mouth out fiery flames when he is in a state of aggravation.

Likewise, in a bid to side-lock ours with European mythological concept is the popular misconception of 'Ogun'. I maintain that Ogun is another prominent force of nature personified into a deity to preside over matters of warfare and all things metallic. Ogun manifest its essence in all the various forms of technology, from the electro-mechanical to the metaphysical based ones whose efficacy I investigate scientifically as researcher.

NB: In Yoruba cosmogony Ogun also played an important part in the making of Eniyan (Humans) and has an higher ranking to S̩angó. S̩angó force can be neutralized when tasked on a retributive or theft recovery mission by S̩angó mystagogues while Ogun is an extra-dangerous force if when charged on a similar tasks is irreversible.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-ThM9ZlVWCjo/VNtWzACAu4I/AAAAAAAAAMs/OCx_Slt8N8M/s1600/ose-shangoo.jpg[/img]
The object in the image above is an ordinary carving that may seem like a cultural artifact to any skeptic but when energized through an esoteric process by the S̩angó mystagogues becomes a powerful tools to which S̩angó manifestation as thunder and lightening can be wield. It is called an Osè S̩angó which is quite similar to the mythical mallet 'Mjölnir' used by Thor of the Norse mythology which is still just as mythical as it can be because nothing extra-ordinary to prove about it their today. Hence, reason why I argue Indo-European-Asiatic myths are derived from ours over thousands of years. Few authors such 'Naiwoh Osahon' who wrote 'God Is Black' stressed this fact.

Everyone should please take note that it is wrong to underscore our Yoruba belief systems as 'Myths' or 'Mythology' because by the definition of myths - they are neither true or false, but tales, fables and legends that are rich in plot, intrigues, morals, lessons etc which are peculiar to specific cultures of the world whereas ours here are far more than that in the sense that any of our 400 Oris̩as from the Irunmo̩le̩-401 can be what I call CONTACTIVATED upon a given task or request or simply put 'the energization of a natural force in order to yield a given result which ofcourse depending on the task each of the 400 Oris̩as are departmentalized into within the Yoruba pantheon.

I am not trying to convert anyone to my polytheistic believe system of Ifa - Orisha way of life. I am just trying to educate those who might have heard one or two things concerning this subject but get it twisted or confused.

Thanks for reading.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ṢANGÓ - One of the 401 Mispercieved ÍRUNMO̩LẸ Force by GuyFawkes: 4:53pm On Feb 11, 2015
Brilliant piece.
Re: ṢANGÓ - One of the 401 Mispercieved ÍRUNMO̩LẸ Force by ghostofsparta(m): 12:37am On Feb 12, 2015
GuyFawkes:
Brilliant piece.

Kindly do share this.
Re: ṢANGÓ - One of the 401 Mispercieved ÍRUNMO̩LẸ Force by 2prexios: 12:06pm On Feb 12, 2015
I have read your first-ever thread on Yoruba history in years. I am Sango descent (omo Ose) and I believe in retributive justice. In as much as you have copied this from somewhere and dump it here without any intellectual imput of your own in the story, I will like to read your imput before I comment, trust me, you wont forget my comment in a hurry. It will stick like 'Stockholms Syndrome'.
Re: ṢANGÓ - One of the 401 Mispercieved ÍRUNMO̩LẸ Force by ghostofsparta(m): 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2015
2prexios:
I have read your first-ever thread on Yoruba history in years. I am Sango descent (omo Ose) and I believe in retributive justice. In as much as you have copied this from somewhere and dump it here without any intellectual imput of your own in the story, I will like to read your imput before I comment, trust me, you wont forget my comment in a hurry. It will stick like 'Stockholms Syndrome'.

You wan kill me with laff

My brother presumption is a bad thing o, your only saw the Source and concluded I must have plagiarized it there.

Check the website on my profile.

You will realize that I 'Amos Nonyu' is the owner of that blog and this researched piece which I originally intend to express on a book I'm still penning was brought out of me due to some atheist post on Facebook.

I only put the Source there to drive traffic to my blog.

Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: ṢANGÓ - One of the 401 Mispercieved ÍRUNMO̩LẸ Force by 2prexios: 5:05pm On Feb 12, 2015
ghostofsparta:

You wan kill me with laff

My brother presumption is a bad thing o, your only saw the Source and concluded I must have plagiarized it there.

Check the website on my profile.

You will realize that I 'Amos Nonyu' is the owner of that blog and this researched piece which I originally intend to express on a book I'm still penning was brought out of me due to some atheist post on Facebook.

I only put the Source there to drive traffic to my blog.

Cheers.
I was spoiling for war initially. But since this is ur personal effort, I rather shealth my sworld. I respect intellectual efforts of my peers, so much, cos its always a rare fountain to sip from. I'm upset when nagging against me won't just stop. Cheers bro.
Re: ṢANGÓ - One of the 401 Mispercieved ÍRUNMO̩LẸ Force by jargonzboi(m): 1:32pm On May 17, 2015
narcissism much.

People always fail to look at the bigger picture.

If One Central Force controls the universe what stops a manifestation in several forms.

Why must it be always about us?
Why can't we learn from the Mayans?
Re: ṢANGÓ - One of the 401 Mispercieved ÍRUNMO̩LẸ Force by ghostofsparta(m): 4:15pm On May 17, 2015
jargonzboi:
narcissism much.

People always fail to look at the bigger picture.

If One Central Force controls the universe what stops a manifestation in several forms.

Why must it be always about us?
Why can't we learn from the Mayans?
Narcissism how ?

That one central force has a name of commanding and it's within the circumspect of those who are strongly in touch with their ancestral believe system (ABORISA ways) in Kotu-Ojire. But, unfortunately being aware of this, and the idea that it can be employ to assert themselves among other unique race/ethnic groups of the world continues to elude them, except when it comes to rendering it for those who can reward them in exchange of having a sub of the sub of the sub of the sub of the sub of that ultimate central force used on their behalf for most of the time - selfish and malicious purposes.

And as for the Mayans, we can't learn anything from them for they brought about their own destruction. At least that's what history and archaeological evidence tells us, though through the viewfinder of Eurocentricism.

(1) (Reply)

Is Osu Still In Vogue? / Ewi / What Are The Highest Paying Translation Languages In The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.