Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,482 members, 7,781,441 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:27 PM

Coscharis Motors Attempted To Bribe Pastor Bakare With Rolls Royce Phantom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coscharis Motors Attempted To Bribe Pastor Bakare With Rolls Royce Phantom (536 Views)

What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare / Coscharis Motors Attempted To Bribe Pastor Bakare With Rolls Royce Phantom / Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coscharis Motors Attempted To Bribe Pastor Bakare With Rolls Royce Phantom by adeyemik: 4:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
Cosmas Maduka, whose auto dealership, Coscharis Motors, was involved in a shady car purchase deal by former Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah, apparently tried to offer Pastor Tunde Bakare of the Latter Rain Assembly a Rolls Royce Phantom during the pastor’s 60th birthday celebration, SaharaReporters has learnt. Coscharis Motors had presented invoices to the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) claiming to have supplied two bulletproof BMW cars for the use of Ms. Oduah at the cost of $800,000 per car.

Mr. Bakare, a fiery pastor who was a former vice presidential running mate of Muhammadu Buhari, told his congregation in Lagos that he woke up early one day during the commissioning of a new branch of his church to find the expensive luxury car at his doorsteps.

He said he rejected the gift, stating that his interest was in good governance, adding that it would have been unconscionable to accept the car while a majority of Nigerians continue to wallow in abject poverty.

In his talk to his congregation, Mr. Bakare described the rebuffed car gift as well as the luxurious nature of the Rolls Royce Phantom. “I was sitting at home one day and they brought in a brand new 2015 Rolls-Royce into my house. My 60th birthday was coming,” he said. “I looked at it, kai! This is awkward. When you open your car, your door goes this way, its own door goes that way. It clears the way so that there is nothing blocking your way.

“I saw a button. They said, ‘It is an umbrella, sir. It is on every door in case it is raining, you just push it and the umbrella comes out.’ I said: Na wa o. Then I said: Oya, leave this place.

“Where is the road that I will ride it upon? My heart is not in things like this. I asked my son to take a photograph of the brand new car as a proof,” the pastor stated.

SaharaReporters confirmed from a source close to Mr. Bakare that the car came from Coscharis Motors. However, we could not ascertain whether it was an attempted gift from Mr. Maduka or whether someone else had paid the dealership to purchase the Roll Royce for the pastor.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/02/03/coscharis-motors-attempted-bribe-pastor-bakare-rolls-royce-phantom
Re: Coscharis Motors Attempted To Bribe Pastor Bakare With Rolls Royce Phantom by slimfit1(m): 5:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
If he collect that one now true where is the good road to enjoy this car. Some pastors will tell us it is the blessing of God. Pastor carry go jare I'm sure we have a better car in heaven.
Re: Coscharis Motors Attempted To Bribe Pastor Bakare With Rolls Royce Phantom by menix(m): 5:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
Laughz in greek..
Bribe him 4 wat..
Of wat relevance is My loved Tunde Bakare to Nigerian politics...

Soon dey wuld say Oga Seun turns down Menix gift cous of d below

GEJ till Nairaland starts paying us for logging in...

(1) (Reply)

FG Urges Vigilance As Boko Haram Recruits Move Into Camps / What You Dont Know About NORTH / 2015: Oba Of Lagos Denies Endorsing Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.