Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan (47568 Views)

I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan / Obasanjo Uncovers Plot To Hand Over To Military Should Jonathan Lose / I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by 9jagistonline(m): 5:08am On Feb 12, 2015
Jonathan, in a live media chat apparently organised to douse the tension generated by the postponement of the general elections, spoke among others, the alleged plot to sack the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, insurgency and corruption.

Before and after the polls were shifted from February 14 and 28 to March 28 and April 11, there were rumours that the President and the Peoples Democratic Party were nursing a sinister plot not to hand over power.

But Jonathan told a panel of interviewers that he was not desperate to remain in power. He said such “insinuations and wrong information” were meant to discredit him by his political opponents.

He said,[b] “Let me assure Nigerians that a new government will be formed on May 29.They should not be perturbed about rumours that we are planning to send Jega on a terminal leave and other rubbish that is being circulated.

“In 2011, I said I will conduct a free and fair election and that if I lose, I will happily move on and that it should be recorded.

“Then I just concluded the late President Umaru Yar’Adua’s tenure. I said I will be happy to go if I lose. I said this nation is more important than anybody. Anyone who wants to hold the office of President and feels he is more important than the nation is not right.

“So if as of 2011, I made a commitment that if I lose I will go, it should tell you more about my stand on free and fair elections.

“But now, Nigerians have given me the opportunity to be here for four good years and so if the elections are conducted and I lose, of course, we will inaugurate a new government.

“The rumour that I will not hand over or that I am scheming to prolong my tenure are insinuations; they are not true. Those are insinuations; it is quite unfortunate that so much wrong information is floating in the system.”
[/b]
Jonathan faulted the claim by Jega that INEC was ready for the elections. He said the information given to him by security chiefs was that poor distribution of Permanent Voter Cards could have caused a security challenge in the country.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-will-hand-over-if-i-lose-says-president-jonathan/

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 12, 2015
Just passing by tongue

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by eleko1: 5:27am On Feb 12, 2015
Effect of 3 billion food in a year make Jona to be a CLUELESS man. sad. Hope say he don dey pack his load for onward delivery to OTUOKE cos BUHARI is OUR Next president from MAY 29/05/2015 cool

178 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by YoursGEJ(m): 5:33am On Feb 12, 2015
See as him dey talk like say him be better person

He said if we don't enjoy constant power by 2014, we should stone him and not vote for him, where is the light? He said Boko Haram will be history how many times? No be because of Boko Haram dem suspend elections? He said MEND was not responsible for the October 1st bomb blast, yet S. Africa found sufficient evidence to jail Henry Okah for that same crime. If I also remember correctly, this was the same man that said stealing is not corruption.

In other words, if this man tells you everything is OK, my friend run for your life. Come rain come shine, this drunkard and baboon Okupe are leaving Aso Villa. Rubbish.

221 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by madridguy(m): 5:51am On Feb 12, 2015
Goodbye GEJ, Welcome GMB.

165 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 12, 2015
Another good, uninterupted four years await you! U are not going anyway! All i see is Gej win win win!

275 Likes 29 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by simplemach(m): 6:34am On Feb 12, 2015
Joyce024:
Just passing by tongue
happy passing

10 Likes

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by AmucheJane(f): 6:39am On Feb 12, 2015
That's my president talking. GEJ till 2019.

131 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by free2ryhme: 10:14am On Feb 12, 2015
Let's maintain and stand on the valid point he has raised and play down the issue of politicians decamping because this will naturally sort itself out. The electorate can never have the dividends of democracy if we cannot have at least 2 equally strong parties such that the one in power will know that if it does not meet the yearnings of the people it will be sent packing.
You can see with a very strong opposition party,the present government is jittery and assuring us that we can as a nation subdue Boko Haram in 6weeks what we have been battling with effectively for 4years.
Take or leave it,one factor that has endeared Buhari to so many electorates today, is his consistency unlike Atiku that had to jump back and forth PDP. Decamping will naturally become unviable if we can make this Change to work.
God bless Nigeria.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by makzeze: 10:14am On Feb 12, 2015
HANDOVER QUICK JARE.

SAI BUHARI!

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 10:14am On Feb 12, 2015
Before Nko? Mtshcewwww!

9 Likes

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by iiichidodo: 10:14am On Feb 12, 2015
Jonathan fi stepdown e nu possible ca ima champion..ima good man an ih tak gud kia a de pipul,ih put chaan ina wi table,ih send a boko fi blud fiyah via champion link up a Niger an Chad weh mek safety a paramount a ting ina North east. Trains a irite,de pipul feel dey fresh air and fi put im back ina dey seat Aso rock....respeck

1 Like

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by korel9: 10:15am On Feb 12, 2015
I'm waiting for FAILbuhari (GMB) to accept to concede defeat if he loses undecided

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by sleekp1: 10:15am On Feb 12, 2015
ONLY GOD WILL REMOVE JONATHAN.

DR Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is going to be our President for a very long time, bad belle people go and die.

Meanwhile wishing all and sundry, #Goodluck in March.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 12, 2015
If the President is defeated, he has no choice but to vacate the office in May 29. There is no way he can extend his stay in office. He's on point! Sai Buhari

22 Likes

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 12, 2015
By legal and illegal means, jona will remain as d president!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by Calebosko(m): 10:15am On Feb 12, 2015
i dey cum bak for coment
Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by meshacha1: 10:16am On Feb 12, 2015
K
Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by donigspain(m): 10:16am On Feb 12, 2015
My President.

[size=28pt]FRESH AIR EVERYWHERE!!![/size]

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by Odillz: 10:17am On Feb 12, 2015
Don't worry,I will personally excort you to Otuoke if you lose

17 Likes

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by gen2briz(m): 10:17am On Feb 12, 2015
Thank you my outgoing shoeless president.
Welcome my general.
General March 4 Buhari

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by meshacha1: 10:17am On Feb 12, 2015
That's a man of simplicity with integrity, that's impressing.

Buhari will say, if he looses BLOOD will flow.
This time nah your family blood go flow if you fail again.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by Ikwokrikwo: 10:17am On Feb 12, 2015
You are going no where my good friend

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by topemirates(m): 10:17am On Feb 12, 2015
Iranu!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by KingTom(m): 10:17am On Feb 12, 2015
Ok we have heard you sir, please take Bastard Okupe and Reno Omokirikiri with you. Leave your bird FFK for us, let us feed it more seeds grin grin grin
Sai Buhari

24 Likes

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by Popemax(m): 10:17am On Feb 12, 2015
I love my President.....GEJ till 2019

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by meshacha1: 10:17am On Feb 12, 2015
I love ppl accepting there failure in good fate.
Well, you have already gotten the fame,power,money....history have endorsed you already.
If you fail either by merit or rigging ....you gat nothing much to loose.

To me seriously, if Buhari losses there will be fear and worry in the nation because we don't know what he may come up with again....This time it may not be BH
but if he should win, there will be more immorality in nation.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by alaoeri: 10:18am On Feb 12, 2015
Otuoke ppl make una inaugurate committee on welcome party for your son because he will join you as from May 29.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 12, 2015
YH, IS GOOD 4 YOU LEAVE WE NEEED FWESH AIR
I HAVE DECIDED TO VOTE 4 GMB grin

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book / Troops Repelled Attack In Pulka And Bitta(photos) / Peter Obi: 'Obidient' Rally In Bauchi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.