Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,760 members, 7,806,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Apologise To Jonathan If You Have Any Honour - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apologise To Jonathan If You Have Any Honour (4677 Views)

Tinubu Must Apologise To Dino - Kogi Women (Photos) / Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF / Tinubu - 'Hold Jonathan If Anything Happens To Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apologise To Jonathan If You Have Any Honour by pluto04(m): 2:03am On Feb 13, 2015
1. The PWC audit was a whitewash. The report has no credibility. They are not wizards and will only be able to audit information presented to them. If nothing is presented to them, they will find nothing. The people they were auditing were left in post to cover their tracks while the whistle-blower has been sacked. They will still find nothing. It is a no brainer. The surprise would have been if they found something. So nobody need apologize to GEJ. He needs to apologize to us for running the most corrupt government in the history of Nigeria, sacking whistle-blowers while leaving officials accused of corruption to cover their tracks and then audit themselves. Which leaves us with the suspicion that the fraud was perpetuated on-behalf of GEJ.

2. NigerDelta (whatever that means) or Ijaw has no oil. The oil belongs to Nigeria. That is what the Nigeria constitution says. If the Ijaw are not happy with that, they have 3 choices:
a. Get their legislooters to agree with other legislooters from other part of Nigeria to change the consititution
b. Declare secession and get Tompolo, Bayloaf and Askari to get ready to use their private armies
c. Relocate to Cameroon, Central African Republic or the Atlantic Ocean!

RevDesmondJuju:

In a sane country you will not be depending on other people's oil wealth

Lazy taju, try and understand the oil is not yours to concern yourselves over.
Re: Apologise To Jonathan If You Have Any Honour by Nobody: 4:10am On Feb 13, 2015
pluto04:
1. The PWC audit was a whitewash. The report has no credibility. They are not wizards and will only be able to audit information presented to them. If nothing is presented to them, they will find nothing. The people they were auditing were left in post to cover their tracks while the whistle-blower has been sacked. They will still find nothing. It is a no brainer. The surprise would have been if they found something. So nobody need apologize to GEJ. He needs to apologize to us for running the most corrupt government in the history of Nigeria, sacking whistle-blowers while leaving officials accused of corruption to cover their tracks and then audit themselves. Which leaves us with the suspicion that the fraud was perpetuated on-behalf of GEJ.

2. NigerDelta (whatever that means) or Ijaw has no oil. The oil belongs to Nigeria. That is what the Nigeria constitution says. If the Ijaw are not happy with that, they have 3 choices:
a. Get their legislooters to agree with other legislooters from other part of Nigeria to change the consititution
b. Declare secession and get Tompolo, Bayloaf and Askari to get ready to use their private armies
c. Relocate to Cameroon, Central African Republic or the Atlantic Ocean!

keep deceiving yourself
Re: Apologise To Jonathan If You Have Any Honour by mkmyers45(m): 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2015
najoke:

I dey laugh......Integrity my a$$

PwC fined $25 million for role in terrorist-state money-laundering

http://nypost.com/2014/08/18/pricewaterhousecoopers-fined-25-million-for-role-in-terrorist-state-money-laundering/

[/size]

[color=#000000]Nigerians should demand for a refund from PWC.
why is this GOVT always romancing with crminials

PWC has an integrity to maintain. They are one of the top 4 auditing firms worldwide

Show me any top 4 auditing firm that hasnt had its fair share of controversy
Re: Apologise To Jonathan If You Have Any Honour by VolvoS60(m): 10:09pm On Feb 13, 2015
While some people on here have no other goals but filthy partisan politicking, the rest of us have to live with the results of the failure of their paymasters. Across the tiers of government. Across the levels of government. And across their morally bankrupt parties too. angry

Has the PwC report been released to the public? Or only selected highlights? Are Nigerians not sensible enough to read the Report and make up their minds?

There was a KPMG audit of this same cobras nest called NNPC in 2010. The report was never made public although leaked versions of the Report found their way into circulation. To this day, I am not aware of any action taken by the Jonathan administration on that Report. Should I have faith that things will be different this time?

Did these two audit reports come to the same conclusion? Is there a systemic problem in the NNPC? Only a transparent disclosure of the full Reports from 2010 and 2015 will allow Nigerians to determine if their interests have been protected or thwarted by the federal government and its agencies.

Nigerians deserve nothing less than full disclosure. Or maybe they don't. angry Maybe they and their children should continue to pay the price for their apathy and refusal to hold their leaders accountable.

You get what you pay for. angry In a few weeks we will see if Nigerians have suffered enough and wish to take control of their destinies. Time will tell...
Re: Apologise To Jonathan If You Have Any Honour by VolvoS60(m): 11:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
keyremotes:
Ken Agala wrote:

PriceWaterHouseCoopers is amongst the BIG FOUR audit companies in the world with world class expertise, INTEGRITY and professionalism .
From a whopping $49 billion dollars, the PriceWater House Cooper forensic audit report of our oil industry has clearly stated that only $1.4 billion dollars hasn't been remitted to the federation account.

The NNPC has said that the $1.48 billion was NEVER in dispute, as it was made up of statutory payments, such as signature bonus, taxes and royalties, which are statutory payments that come with assets acquisition. The corporation stated that the delay in payment was due to the reconciliation processes between the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) and NNPC.

Today this story is muffled by the Nigerian Press and Nigerian social media youths who only loves anything that will paint their country in bad light just because they don't like Jonathan.

Have you ever been accused of theft when you were innocent before?

SHAME ON YOU IF YOU EVER INSULTED JONATHAN FOR STEALING 40 BILLION DOLLARS.
IF YOU HAVE ANY HONOUR, APOLOGISE TO JONATHAN OPENLY AND ASK GOD TO FORGIVE YOU.

Nature never deals kindly with those who bear false witness against others.
''He that digs a pit shall fall into it"
..and I say a big Amen!

^^^^
The report has finally been released to the public.

It looks like you are going to have to eat your words. angry

Let the thread have your comments.

2 Likes

Re: Apologise To Jonathan If You Have Any Honour by VolvoS60(m): 11:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
jdilight:
I have always maintained my support for President Jonathan because he is a transparent man who every thief want to paint black to look like them.

All the allegations of stolen billions are gradually being led to rest.

Can APC led government allow external auditors look into their affairs as Goodluck has done.

Last word

Our press are a shameful bunch of people for not sensitizing the public of this great injustice on the president.

At least the world need to know that there are a few good Nigerians (Join Goodluck in being a good Nigerian).

For those who always say "may God manage your life the way goodluck is managing Nigeria?". May God manage your life the way Buhari managed Nigeria.

^^^^
Do you still stand by your story?

1 Like

Re: Apologise To Jonathan If You Have Any Honour by adebisicutie: 11:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
The report have revealed that things are just as bad as we suspected maybe even worse. The one who should apologize is you angry

1 Like

Re: Apologise To Jonathan If You Have Any Honour by VolvoS60(m): 11:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
IGBOSON1:
It's quite sad really!

Right from when Sanusi first made the accusation in 2013, the usual suspects that have nothing but hate and contempt for GEJ practically went to town on the issue, heaping abuse and curses on the poor mans head......Okonjo-Iweala and Allison-Madueke got their own fair share as well!!

Now the issue has been addressed by a world-renowned audit firm and the major 'suspects' cleared, it's gone all quiet.....you don't hear kpim from them! This is the nature of ethno-religious inspired partisan-politics in this country......giving a dog a bad name in order to hang it!

^^^^
As Robert Nesta Marley crooned so many years ago...

Time alone... Oh time will tell...think you're in heaven but you're living in hell...

Sir, do you stand by your story above in the light of what the report has brought to the attention of ordinary Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Apologise To Jonathan If You Have Any Honour by mrmetoo1: 11:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
Does this person still want us to apologize??

1 Like

Re: Apologise To Jonathan If You Have Any Honour by VolvoS60(m): 11:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Well in your case it appears you like having the last word just for the heck of it because you've made no point at all!......You're just waffling!!

Now just who exactly did you want removed from office while the audit was on: is it GEJ; the minister of petroleum; the minster of finance; the new head of NNPC who met the issue unfolding on his appointment; just who?

I asked you a question on which audit firm you lot would have been happy with since you say Pricewaterhousecoopers (PWC) are questionable and can't be relied on not to be compromised.....i'm yet to get a response!

On your own question which you say i couldn't answer: you may just as well ask for the entire directors and management of NNPC and the ministry of petroleum to be removed from office because there's no way of knowing who and who is involved! If you had any knowledge of accounting procedures and due process, you'd realize all the auditors need is a knowledge of such procedures and processes in accounting and book-keeping, and then request for the documents involved! PWC didn't inform us of any obstacles placed in their way or any documents missing......unless of course you heard of any, in which case you're free to share such info' with the rest of us!

On your last paragraph: i asked you whether you questioned the appointment of PWC when it was initially made based on the dirt you dug up on them after they presented their findings which weren't to your liking!? Of course i know you can easily go back to past posts of yours and edit them to make it look like you actually did protest at the time; but nonetheless i'm still interested to see it/them so provide a link here.....i don't have the time to be trawling through your past posts for obvious reasons!

In any case, GEJ, the ministry of petroleum, the finance ministry and NNPC have all been vindicated so this argument of anyone being removed or not is just academic! If you have a problem with PWC, you can take it up with the United Nations or whoever else is the international finance watchdog!

Cheers! smiley

^^^^
Hindsight is a truly awful thing.

1 Like

Re: Apologise To Jonathan If You Have Any Honour by saintopus(m): 11:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^You guys are persistent in your hate-filled campaign aren't you!?

So the audit firm was fined for the malfeasance of a handful of employees....now tell me which internationally-renowned audit firm the federal gov't should have contracted that would have satisfied you! You do realize that dirt can be found on almost all financial institutions if you dig well enough into their past?

I'm sure the very people that fined them also have the power to withdraw their certificate to practice if the felt they were so compromised to the extent of not being able to audit firms anymore!

Do not be very surprise if they say "AlphaBeta " an audit firm owned by Tinubu to be more credible than PwC!!!
Dont say I didnt tell you!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) / Photos From The Burial Of OCHA Brigade Commandant Who Died In A Fatal Accident. / 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.