Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection (34316 Views)

How Long Could You Live Without An Internet Connection? / 5 Ways To Make Internet Connection Fast On Your Android Smartphone / How To Solve Internet Connection Problem On Modern Combat 5 Blackout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by ifenadi(m): 2:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
I have used all Gsm Internet network in the past except glo. Yesterday I decided to subscribe to glo 2.5k naira data plan and insered the SIM card in my modem and configured my APN using gloflat. At first it refuses to connect. After so many tries, it connected and when I was about to celebrate, I noticed that the connection speed is extremely slow. It barely open any website even google search. And the most annoying part is that it disconnects every 2 minutes.

I have called glo customer care and they helped me with setting on the modem and none helped. I have to subscribe to MTN data to post this message.

I am currently in Asaba, delta state and I am seeing HSPA glo with full signal in my modem. Please someone should advice me on what settings too use as this subscription is becoming useless to me
Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by mjames: 3:14pm On Feb 12, 2015
The Glo network in your area is very poor. well try H+
Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by Obaiyski(m): 3:36pm On Feb 12, 2015
Access point/APN=glosecure... Then leave username and password blank.. Now connect
Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by ifenadi(m): 4:58pm On Feb 12, 2015
Obaiyski:
Access point/APN=glosecure... Then leave username and password blank.. Now connect

I tried this setting. Now it connects instantly without several tries, but the speed is still very slow. I also noticed that it browses faster initially and slows down within seconds once the network strength changes from HSDPA to HSPA. I guess this has to with glo network strength in my area.

... Thought HSPA is a 3G network. I tire for glo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by RomanceLander(f): 5:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
Get an Etisalat Sim. .... problem solved ;DGet an Etisalat Sim. .... problem solved
Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by ifenadi(m): 7:20am On Feb 13, 2015
RomanceLander:
Get an Etisalat Sim. .... problem solved ;DGet an Etisalat Sim. .... problem solved

I have used etisalat in the past and it was terribly fast. Thier data plan is somehow expensive to me as the the only plan reasonal to me is 10gb for 10k in a month. I used it for some months and I can't afford it for now. Can you advise a cheaper reasonal plan just like 2.5k naira for 4.5gb?
Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 13, 2015
download supervpn apk,it boosts n make network stable...And set ur network on 2g only,thank me later....
Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by parrotibaba(m): 9:42am On Feb 13, 2015
mrvocalprowess:
download supervpn apk,it boosts n make network stable...And set ur network on 2g only,thank me later....
so in order for d super VPN to work ,I hv to use it in 2g mode ...also dos it require rooting?
Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
parrotibaba:
so in order for d super VPN to work ,I hv to use it in 2g mode ...also dos it require rooting?
doesn't require rooting, and no,supervpn works on 3g too,just that glo network is more stable on 2g
Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by omo17(m): 5:49pm On Feb 13, 2015
ifenadi:
I have used all Gsm Internet network in the past except glo. Yesterday I decided to subscribe to glo 2.5k naira data plan and insered the SIM card in my modem and configured my APN using gloflat. At first it refuses to connect. After so many tries, it connected and when I was about to celebrate, I noticed that the connection speed is extremely slow. It barely open any website even google search. And the most annoying part is that it disconnects every 2 minutes.

I have called glo customer care and they helped me with setting on the modem and none helped. I have to subscribe to MTN data to post this message.

I am currently in Asaba, delta state and I am seeing HSPA glo with full signal in my modem. Please someone should advice me on what settings too use as this subscription is becoming useless to me
I av to b honest with u,it is dat stupid subscribtion,initially I was browsing with d bonus given to me by glo and it browse normally, although it may take long before it connect but d browsing speed is still normal but immediately I subscribe to d 2.5k plan, it takes longer before it connect, even wen it connect d speed is just too slow. am even regretting. just continue managing it.
Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by parrotibaba(m): 6:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
mrvocalprowess:
doesn't require rooting, and no,supervpn works on 3g too,just that glo network is more stable on 2g
which one is it in play store?

Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by duwdu: 6:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
parrotibaba:

If I were you, I'd try the best rated – which happens to be #1 in this case – in the first instance.

Good luck.

P34c3
Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by amarawa: 6:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
im experiencing the same problem as the OP. let me try the supervpn. hope it works.
Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by amarawa: 6:53pm On Feb 13, 2015
Yea, very fast actually, but not hotspotting to PC. Im on 3G, my phone doesnt hv 2G.
Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 13, 2015
parrotibaba:
the first one.
Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by RapidBTS: 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2015
Get an Outdoor Antenna and A Router

Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by RapidBTS: 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2015
Get this kit

Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by RomanceLander(f): 10:41pm On Feb 13, 2015
ifenadi:

I have used etisalat in the past and it was terribly fast. Thier data plan is somehow expensive to me as the the only plan reasonal to me is 10gb for 10k in a month. I used it for some months and I can't afford it for now. Can you advise a cheaper reasonal plan just like 2.5k naira for 4.5gb?
well if u'r using android, y not try airtel 2k 4gig android plan. Or get an etisalat imei tweaked sim. A guy did that for me. 2.5gigs for 1.2k

1 Like

Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by ifenadi(m): 9:41am On Feb 14, 2015
omo17:

I av to b honest with u,it is dat stupid subscribtion,initially I was browsing with d bonus given to me by glo and it browse normally, although it may take long before it connect but d browsing speed is still normal but immediately I subscribe to d 2.5k plan, it takes longer before it connect, even wen it connect d speed is just too slow. am even regretting. just continue managing it.

I think you are right. Glo was fatse when I was browsing with credit on my phone but become snail speed immediately I susceibed for 2.5k data plane. Something is fishy abit that plan. I have since dumped the SIM card and went back to MTN
Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by Seamareggae(m): 3:04am On Mar 28, 2015
mrvocalprowess:
But U can't stream with Nigeria glo 2g network...
Abi would super vpn do any magic?
Thanks
Re: How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 28, 2015
Seamareggae:

But U can't stream with Nigeria glo 2g network...
Abi would super vpn do any magic?
Thanks
u can't

(1) (Reply)

''Keeping Cell Phones Near The Head Is Dangerous'' / My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? / MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.