Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,071 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:25 AM

Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs (50735 Views)

The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria / Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome / Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Lennylinconlee(m): 8:44am On Feb 13, 2015
tessyg2:
my dear 2.2 is different from 2.2 , a 2.2 graduate from my school university of Ibadan is like a first class graduate of most states university, because bfor u will even have the 2.2 from ui, u must read to die.

Falacy..........we dey talk A...he dey talk another tin.........who told u dat...hv u been to all other universities?

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by hawk05(m): 8:52am On Feb 13, 2015
tessyg2:
my dear 2.2 is different from 2.2 , a 2.2 graduate from my school university of Ibadan is like a first class graduate of most states university, because bfor u will even have the 2.2 from ui, u must read to die.
UI ke? Try OAU and/or UNILORIN.. U go knw d difrnt btw grasshopper and cocoroach.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 13, 2015
Whether 2.2 or nt, The secret is "THE SECRET"...
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by frekyfrik(f): 9:04am On Feb 13, 2015
G12:
Abeg, you guys should just stop all these degree and class of degree talk already. It's annoying! After putting all efforts to graduate with good grades in order to be distinguished, up till now 2.1 has not fetched any good job.

Back then, I had this female friend from another dept. who was on the verge of graduating with a 3rd class. I started studying with her so she could be motivated. She finally graduated with a low 2.2 and now she is working. Her uncle is a minister, but now "she dey hardly pick my call again sef".

I know of another mate who graduated with a 3rd class, but now working with a big oil company(I dunno know her position sha).

"No be by 2.1 or 1st class o"(but then, whatever that is worth doing at all is worth doing well - one of my mantras).

I made a decision never to "struggle" for job again after I almost lost my life last year, when I was going for an aptitude test in Lagos(EY).

Robbers and other people with bad intentions go on a mission and come back successfully, why should my life be endangered when I had no evil intention, but was only trying to take advantage of an opportunity that would have better my life.

I have always gone an extra mile just to be outstanding in all that I do. Right now, I think it's high time for God to prove himself. I have surrendered unto him because, right now, it seems my strength can't help me no more.

N:B I am not a big fan of typing, I just decided to bare my mind for once. So please, pardon all my blunders.

The God that did it for me, will do it for you! Keep your faith alive and never, even for one second, ponder on the lies of the devil that there are no jobs in this country or you need to know somebody to get it. Believe that every day, people are getting great jobs! Believe that wherever God wants you to be, he will divinely connect you and take you there. Lift your eyes from around you and look above you absolutely and the God whose eyes searcheth to and fro the entire world, will choose the right person to use to get you to where he wants you to be. That is how mine came.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by buzzcypha(m): 9:09am On Feb 13, 2015
[color=#990000][/color some pple who came out with 2.2 deserve 2.1 and some with 2.1 deserve 1.1, the school and lecturers ended up frustrating them.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by topearos(m): 9:23am On Feb 13, 2015
My testimony will manifest soon. You will all be a living witness.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 13, 2015
tessyg2:
Park well jhoor. What arrant nonsense . Stop given yourself false hopes. First class is first class even if it is from a community university.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Stylaay(m): 9:42am On Feb 13, 2015
Mstcheew we place too emphasis on paper qualification in my office there are so many third class graduates that outperform 2.1 graduates for engineering though it boils down to what u know and not what u brandish on a piece of paper. There is even a diploma holder I know of that will give graduates a run for their money in my same organization
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by JaykayKindness(f): 9:44am On Feb 13, 2015
Hi pals,am desperately in need of i.t space: any vacancy in delta? sad
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by adahgold(m): 9:46am On Feb 13, 2015
Grade should not be an issue but it should be on wat u no,I have seen several 1st class graduate dat have nothing up stairs. Just be smart,pray n finally get connection.
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Femistico(m): 9:50am On Feb 13, 2015
braindamage:
Wrong. 2.2 is 2.2 . I know U.I is well respected, and a whole lot of universities. Our Last born @ home had a post UTME score of 79(Medicine & Surgery), and the cut-off was 80. Her name came out in the third batch of Admission. But it does not change the fact that 2.2 is 2.2. Thank You
wetin concern us with ur last born wey get admission for UI with pume score of 79 and his name coming out in third batch. how does dat affect this topic of 2.2 issue...nairalanders diverting thread since 1751 B.C

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by klbakare(m): 10:07am On Feb 13, 2015
braindamage:
Wrong. 2.2 is 2.2 . I know U.I is well respected, and a whole lot of universities. Our Last born @ home had a post UTME score of 79(Medicine & Surgery), and the cut-off was 80. Her name came out in the third batch of Admission. But it does not change the fact that 2.2 is 2.2. Thank You
Wetin kon concern 2.2 wit ur last born at home that just got admission to study medicine.ogbeni kip d announcement to ur self and don't digress frm d topic.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by oyinaboderin(f): 10:34am On Feb 13, 2015
[quote author=ebpius1 post=30681929]. Abeg o dis grammar correct?. ".... Which university did you graduated from? ". And u were saying sis Oyin had bad expression. Lesson: Learn to be humb

From the look of things its so obvious she is still in school, i pray she finish with good grades and den when she searches for job and and cant find one she would remember the comment she made now, thank God the wise ones can read and understand, she doesn't knw as he dey go.
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by yetundefadeyi(f): 10:38am On Feb 13, 2015
Hello FRIENDS,
PRESS THE RIGHT BUTTON, grin
WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT? grin
A JOB OR A CAREER grin

WHO SAYS YOU CANNOT GET A WORTHWHILE CAREER IN ANY ORGANIZATIONS grin OF YOUR CHOICE WITH YOUR 2.2, THIRD CLASS OR PASS?

WHO SAYS YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE UNIVERSITY TO BE ON A WELL DESERVED SPOT?

PLANNING ON FURTHERING TO HND?

PLANNING ON DOING YOUR MASTERS?

INVEST IN A CAREER, NOT IN QUALIFICATIONS

GET A FUTURE, NOT A JOB

DO NOT LOOK FOR JOBS, LET JOBS LOOK FOR YOU(CAREER)....

DO NEBOSH IGC TODAY!

Atlantic Solutions Limited is offering the REAL NEBOSH Level 3 International General Certificate for #230,000 including fantastic lunch and refreshments. The first five people from this platform to register gets NEBOSH for #200,000
THIS IS REAL NEBOSH with very comprehensive trainings and practicals leaving you at the end of the course an expert and not a quack.
Guaranteed 99.9% pass, no REPEAT.

This is an opportunity that should not be traded! TELL your friend to tell their friends' friend about it! Paint a future or help someone paint a FUTURE. Hurry while it lasts till the end of the month! Grab the opportunity with both hands! you can also pay instal mentally. Classes start on the 16th–27th Mar., 2015.

Call or text 08182020857 for more details.
BBM: 534A1F42
info@atlanticsolutions-nl.com
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Managers, supervisors, graduates both employed and unemployed, students and individuals giving them the skills and know-how to fulfill their health and safety responsibilities in any country and in any kind of organization. Also suitable for those embarking on a career in health and safety.

.....I do not want a job, I want a career
Safety is priceless, training is key.

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Poddy(m): 10:40am On Feb 13, 2015
G12:
Abeg, you guys should just stop all these degree and class of degree talk already. It's annoying! After putting all efforts to graduate with good grades in order to be distinguished, up till now 2.1 has not fetched any good job.

Back then, I had this female friend from another dept. who was on the verge of graduating with a 3rd class. I started studying with her so she could be motivated. She finally graduated with a low 2.2 and now she is working. Her uncle is a minister, but now "she dey hardly pick my call again sef".

I know of another mate who graduated with a 3rd class, but now working with a big oil company(I dunno know her position sha).

"No be by 2.1 or 1st class o"(but then, whatever that is worth doing at all is worth doing well - one of my mantras).

I made a decision never to "struggle" for job again after I almost lost my life last year, when I was going for an aptitude test in Lagos(EY).

Robbers and other people with bad intentions go on a mission and come back successfully, why should my life be endangered when I had no evil intention, but was only trying to take advantage of an opportunity that would have better my life.

I have always gone an extra mile just to be outstanding in all that I do. Right now, I think it's high time for God to prove himself. I have surrendered unto him because, right now, it seems my strength can't help me no more.

N:B I am not a big fan of typing, I just decided to bare my mind for once. So please, pardon all my blunders.
inspires me
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Kentnickole(m): 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2015
routerjude:
Ok o! If u like dont study hard...

Do you think those that "eventually" graduated wt 2.2 didnt study hard? Is not all by studying hard. The OP was one of the best in his class during his varsity days.
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Kentnickole(m): 1:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
Alcatraz001:

E no go bettter for u.Idiat!!!

Bros please apologize to him wink
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Kentnickole(m): 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2015
12go:
Graduated with a 2.2 and working with LM Ericsson. It is surely of God that shows mercy and not of him runs or wills.

Wow! The one at V.I. close to Eko hotel?
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Kentnickole(m): 1:22pm On Feb 13, 2015
buzzcypha:
[color=#990000][/color some pple who came out with 2.2 deserve 2.1 and some with 2.1 deserve 1.1, the school and lecturers ended up frustrating them.

It pains me so very much dear...
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Kentnickole(m): 1:25pm On Feb 13, 2015
JaykayKindness:
Hi pals,am desperately in need of i.t space: any vacancy in delta? sad

Whats ur course of study?
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by seagullbabz(m): 1:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
OgologoDimkpa:
We have a lot of 2.2 graduates working in various Buisness unit of uac. However, 1st class and 2.1 are strictly for Mgt Trainees.

Not true

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by lapdancer2015(m): 2:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
I made a 2.2 in Geology couple of years back and today i work for SLB as a regional manager outside Nigeria. Your grade on leaving school most times doea not limit what you can achieve, you can only limit your self.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2015
I graduated with a 2.2 from university, however i am moving up my young career in the IT division of Banks. I have worked for 2banks post NYSC.

Ideally, i consider myself a 2.1 material which gives me enough confidence to defend myself where necessary. I have had people ask me if i graduated with a 2.1 or first class when dey see my projects in these banks.

Yes there is a challenge for people that graduated with 2.2, but i must say i have been favored by God, not connection thingy. Just do your best and be ontop of your game. 2.2 is no excuse not to know your onions.

my journey to 2.2 was a long one as i had 5 carryovers in my first semester yr 1 in university. ever since then, i resolved to clear all and graduate with a 2.1 at least. though i tried my best, i actually graduated with a 3.46 CGPA which is 0.4 less than the 2.1 mark.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by gechyy2(f): 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
God makes all tins beautiful at his own time....2.2 is just a tin of the paper...it is God that gives jobs because he owns everytin and of course he won't ask if u have a 2.I or 2.2 befor he gives u a job...just pray for patience and study more,read widely and work hard...our beautiful day will come cos I'm still waiting for mine..
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by opendo21(m): 7:59pm On Feb 13, 2015
The story of a 2:2 graduate. My experience. I graduated with worst kind of 2:2 you could ever get. Closing CGPA was 3.49. I mean it was a nightmare, "Just give me an A in my project defence instead of this B that seems to have no value" I cried. "Where do I start from?" No connections, No money. It still remains the darkest day of my life. I was reading a motivational book a friend left in my room the previous day and it helped lift my morale. I made up my mind to make the best of the situation. So I started developing myself. Although I studied mathematics, I found accounting interesting and easy. I started with the ATS exams during my youth corps but along the way I got bored so after ATS3 I decided I wanted to make more use of my Mathematical skills, someone told me I should try being an actuary and it turned out it was exactly what I was looking for. After my youth service, the job search began, 15 months, no job, I was later called up by Lagos state to teach Mathematics to secondary school students but that didn't stop me from continuing my professional studies. Fortunately was called up by an insurance company who learnt of my exam success and wanted me to join them as an analyst. Today I am the most paid analyst in my company and i'm still hoping to develop myself further. God is key to your every attainment in life. Just hold on to him, develop new skills. Who knows, you might not need a job at the end of the day. Coz sometimes, you get tired of 9-5 in lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by shrimati(m): 9:32pm On Feb 13, 2015
[quote author=Obi1kenobi post=30677480]I'll never advise any student in any university to disregard his studies and say "na God" or "na by connection" if you graduate. Of course you can still make it to the top inspite of your class of degree. But if you're looking for a white collar job in a multi-national and you have anything less than a 2:1, you're going to be a very frustrated person in the modern labour market climate. The overwhelming majority of those companies won't even shortlist you in any open recruitment process. Ur problem is not because u had 2:1 but u fail to move on and instead wallow in self pity.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by braindamage(m): 9:52pm On Feb 13, 2015
klbakare:

Wetin kon concern 2.2 wit ur last born at home that just got admission to study medicine.ogbeni kip d announcement to ur self and don't digress frm d topic.
..Maybe you should read that post again. I think I was fair to that topic
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by braindamage(m): 9:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
Femistico:

wetin concern us with ur last born wey get admission for UI with pume score of 79 and his name coming out in third batch. how does dat affect this topic of 2.2 issue...nairalanders diverting thread since 1751 B.C
..Sad comprehension of my post. I stayed with the topic in all I wrote
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Tiffae: 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
tessyg2:
LMAO..,You 're on long thing..
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by chibic(m): 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
G12:

and why are they all women?

The 1st story you told.....if you and a woman are marketers who were given the same target,do you think you'll possibly do better than her? Especially in todays world where bottom power is turning the heads of people who are in the position of employing graduates?

Let me tell you...where a friend of mine works (an outfit that developes estate)..s.a new girl was brought there and the girl knows nothing.the babes behaves any how she likes and she collects more money than the old workers.she's almost on the verge of mounting a position where she'll be in control of some of her male colleagues.why? Because she dey ynash oga's brother.
There are very intelligent women out there who are fit to compete with their male counterparts but MAJORITY of them are helped out by bottom power.I compete with males and not women who may get some undeserved favors atimes.
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Nobody: 4:24am On Feb 14, 2015
braindamage:

Out of content anyway..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test / Beta Age Consult Interview / Lady In Tears After Reducing Her Age To Get A Job She Qualified For With Her Rea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.