Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,308 members, 7,780,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:52 PM

The Lie That Is Gaza - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Lie That Is Gaza (1861 Views)

Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy / Why Are The Arab Countries Mute On Gaza-israel War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lie That Is Gaza by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 03, 2009
Humanitarian crisis?

Yeah . . . if this is a "refugee camp" then i bet all the people in Ajegunle would love to move there.

big wheel in Gaza city

Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by Bastage: 10:39am On Jan 04, 2009
Media lead us to believe that Gaza is a prison camp where people are living a miserable existence and starving to death.
It's lies.

Khaled Abdel Shaafi, director the United Nations Development Program (December 15th, 2008):

"There is a large surplus of fruit and vegetables [in Gaza]. The vast majority of people here aren't wanting for food. Reports of children suffering from malnutrition are exaggerations. This is not a humanitarian crisis, it's a political crisis, but it's not a humanitarian crisis. People aren't starving."

Rafah, on the border with Egypt, always was regarded as the poorest of Gaza's towns. Not any more. Today, its dusty market is packed with products and with shoppers.

Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by Bastage: 11:38am On Jan 04, 2009
The latest BBC report on Gaza.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7810334.stm

Eyewitness: 'We live with worry'

BBC journalist and Gaza resident Hamada Abu Qammar reports from Gaza as Israeli ground forces clash with Hamas fighters:

There is a constant din of warfare
Last night where I live, in the central part of the Gaza Strip, we could hear bombing, artillery fire and also shooting from helicopters.
I was watching from the top of my brother's house. It was terrifying. I also went out into the streets in our area. It was virtually empty of people.
We are worried about air strikes, particularly because the Israelis have warned a family near us that they are planning to destroy their house.
People here were shocked, panicked and terrified from the first air strikes a week ago.
I have been trying to stop my children crying. I try to keep them playing, I am with them now. I just want them to ignore what's going on around them. They slept some of the night, but the sounds of the bombardment keep waking them up.

Now here's the deal.
Israeli civilians have been suffering from the same thing for years. The big difference is that they get no warning from Hamas that a rocket is heading for them and they never warrant a story on the front page of the BBC.
But this goes to show just how biased Western media is. Where are the news reports about the effects the constant Hamas barrages have on Israeli children? Where are the news reports about how they spend most of their lives below ground in bomb shelters cowering from Hamas rockets? Where are the news reports about the thousands of kids who have been diagnosed with psychological problems because they live in daily fear or Hamas rockets?
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by RichyBlacK(m): 11:58am On Jan 04, 2009
Bunch of Zionists jumping over themselves to show us how benevolent the occupiers have been to the subjugated!
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by Bastage: 12:05pm On Jan 04, 2009
Cry all you want Jew-hater.

The facts speak for themselves.
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by ashik(f): 12:07pm On Jan 04, 2009
kfblnkb nnh fkkfog kgurhitowijn knmdfjgosdg kgjfiojg0fijg lkngjsoisa kfngoijrj nbofiiofre bnfoj
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by RichyBlacK(m): 12:34pm On Jan 04, 2009
Bastage:

Cry all you want Jew-hater.

The facts speak for themselves.

Pally how far? grin

I love Jews! Some even say my ethnic group are of Jewish stock. I have Jewish friends too. I've date a Jewish babe in the past. Kosher food is not bad at all.

I despise Zionists!

Go do some reading, I know it's hard for people like you, but try. You may learn the difference between a Jew and a Zionist.

Jews are good people but all Zionists are evil!
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 04, 2009
People talk about the disproportionate Israeli response. What then would have been a proportionate response? Hamas has been firing rockets indiscriminately into civilian areas in Israel, where over half a million Israeli civilians live, and without warning. Would it have been a proportionate response for Israel to fire rockets indiscriminately into Gaza, without regard to the lives of the civilians? Israel's tactics are obviously intended to target Hamas militants and this is why warnings are given before surgical strikes are carried out. It just so happens that the Gaza people have allowed Hamas militants to position themselves amongst them.

Hamas has lost the support of all people who think rationally. It should surprise no one that Hosni Mubarak has bluntly refused to open the Egyptian border because this could be interpreted as aiding Hamas. On Christmas day alone, Hamas fired 70 rockets into southern Israeli towns and cities. Lets stop this nonsense. The two-state solution is the best chance of a negotiated settlement. Fatah, who are themselves Israels enemy have accepted this solution. Hamas is being unreasonable and they deserve every single Israeli bomb that lands on their heads. It is just so unfortunate for the people of Gaza, but sadly this is the price they must pay for having supported Hamas in the first place.
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by RichyBlacK(m): 12:59pm On Jan 04, 2009
anengiyefa:

People talk about the disproportionate Israeli response. What then would have been a proportionate response? Hamas has been firing rockets indiscriminately into civilian areas in Israel, where over half a million Israeli civilians live, and without warning. Would it have been a proportionate response for Israel to fire rockets indiscriminately into Gaza, without regard to the lives of the civilians? Israel's tactics are obviously intended to target Hamas militants and this is why warnings are given before surgical strikes are carried out. It just so happens that the Gaza people have allowed Hamas militants to position themselves amongst them.

Hamas has lost the support of all people who think rationally. It should surprise no one that Hosni Mubarak has bluntly refused to open the Egyptian border because this could be interpreted as aiding Hamas. On Christmas day alone, Hamas fired 70 rockets into southern Israeli towns and cities. Lets stop this nonsense. The two-state solution is the best chance of a negotiated settlement. Fatah, who are themselves Israels enemy have accepted this solution. Hamas is being unreasonable and they deserve every single Israeli bomb that lands on their heads. It is just so unfortunate for the people of Gaza, but sadly this is the price they must pay for having supported Hamas in the first place.

For supporting Hamas, those civilians must die! Good point.
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2009
RichyBlacK:

They are casualties of a war that would not be taking place at all, had they not elected the extremist Hamas. People need to learn that extremism is not acceptable in today's world. Moderation and compromise are the order of the day. Lessons need to be learnt!
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by Riskie(f): 2:10pm On Jan 04, 2009
Let someone come and occupy your land and see if you will doting over a fariswheel and a bunch of vegetables. There is no Israel. There is occupied PALESTINE! People in Palestine don't have enough medicine, food and other amenities, children and women are being killed and you want them to be jumping up and down for a "big wheel". You people are just a bunch of overzealous Christians who lick the asscracks of the Jews you so admire as your religion is nothing but a mimicked watered down version of Judaism. Of course you will point out foolish things like this in a bid to make he situation seem less important. Had it been that Gaza was mainly being lived in by Christians you people wouldn't be talking like this and for sure the world would have done more to stop the genocide that the "Israelis" are inflicting on the Palestinians. What Hitler did to them they want to do to other. Miserable human beings!
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by olabowale(m): 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2009
@DavidDylan: « on: Yesterday at 08:56:07 PM »

Humanitarian crisis?

Yeah . . . if this is a "refugee camp" then i bet all the people in Ajegunle would love to move there.

big wheel in Gaza city

I guess the Warsaw ghettoes and the likes, and the wearing of armband carry the word "Juderen", is not "disallowing" the Jews before 2nd WW to live their full potential then? I wonder if we can't blame the Zionists for what the Palestinians have suffered, all around the world, since the 1940s, can we blame the Nazis for the suffering of European Jewry before they led by the zionist wing of their heritage invaded "Palestines?"

Please, aburo quote me on it. I only use what an old situation to compare what is a current but similar situation. For me both suffering experiences are evil. The Jews in the hands of the Nazis for their differences, mainly their being successful during the general difficulty suffered by the whole society.

The Palestinians in the hands of the Zionists for their differences, mainly their being from a different branch, even though the older branch, of the same family tree, hence their not being Jewish in religion as well. Or is their a palestinian blood who is jewish? We know there are some who are christians, and even atheists. Could anyone of them be religious Jew and be palestistian?
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by RichyBlacK(m): 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2009
anengiyefa:

They are casualties of a war that would not be taking place at all, had they not elected the extremist Hamas. People need to learn that extremism is not acceptable in today's world. Moderation and compromise are the order of the day. Lessons need to be learnt!

I agree with you on that, however, Israeli policies have made Hamas to adopt tactics that may be called "extremist". Do you recall when Apartheid South Africa tormented Blacks so much that the ANC had to resort to "extremist" methods? Recall also the US Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s, when some Black leaders, like Malcolm X advocated "extremist" tactics. How about the Black Panthers and the Weather Underground?

When you push people to the wall they tend to react "extremely", all in a bid to survive. We saw in WW II, when he Japanese carried out "suicide bombing" missions (kamikaze operations) against US destroyers. This does not imply that all "extremist" actions result from the need to survive. Some forms of extremism are ideological, political, religious or racial.

Hamas is responding to the highhandedness of the Israelis. An example, before this conflict and throughout most of the six-month ceasefire, Israel adopted a policy of blockading Gaza (mark the word blockade) by land and sea. This blockade restricted essential supplies into Gaza and hurt the Palestinian populace. Israel stated that its objective in blockading Gaza was to make the Palestinian people turn against Hamas. Why punish an entire population because you don't like the political party of their choice? Obviously, that strategy failed to turn the people against Hamas.

Hamas is not a terrorist organization, but a "Palestinian Sunni paramilitary organization and political party which holds a majority of seats in the elected legislative council of the Palestinian National Authority."

Hamas is not the first group that will have both a paramilitary/military unit as well as a political wing. The ANC in South Africa and the IRA in Ireland are two other examples. The United States considers Hamas a terrorist group but not the IRA, talk of double standards! In the 1980s the US designated the ANC a terrorist organization because they were fighting Apartheid in South Africa. Terms like "terrorist" are political terms used to discredit groups fighting against the injustice perpetuated by Western powers.
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 04, 2009
RichyBlacK:

I agree with you on that, however, Israeli policies have made Hamas to adopt tactics that may be called "extremist". Do you recall when Apartheid South Africa tormented Blacks so much that the ANC had to resort to "extremist" methods? Recall also the US Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s, when some Black leaders, like Malcolm X advocated "extremist" tactics. How about the Black Panthers and the Weather Underground?

None of the above achieved victory through violence or 'extremist' tactics. At the end of the day, the round table discussion/negotiation offers the best chance of a peaceful and satisfactory outcome for all involved. My grouse is with Hamas obstinate and consistent refusal to see reason. A mouse cannot fight with a lion and expect to win. If the intention in pursuing the use of force in its strugge was to win sympathy, well this has failed worfully and Hamas leaders need to make a reality check. Hamas is on the wrong here, and they know it. They know that Fatah's Palestinian Authority will dominate any new Palestinian state created through the proposed peace process and this is why they resist it so desperately. Pointless really, because they will lose, and I dont even expect any of Hamas leaders to come away from this confict with their lives.
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by olabowale(m): 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2009
@anengiyefa; « #9 on: Today at 01:23:40 PM »  

Quote from: RichyBlacK on Today at 12:59:02 PM

What home are you from in 9ja, my man. I do not want to talk about your tribe or your extended family. They should not be taking the blame for your blind mind. Just imagine yourself alone, along with your clones, in thinking. I will send my passes (whoever they are) to bomb you, or invade you and take your house from you, except the toilet! The toilet is the only place that they will allow you and your clones to live.

Of course by passes have usage of other toilets in the house and can come at anytime and use the one you live in! The whole neighborhood will support my passes, and you can be told who should be your leader. And if we dont like who you elect as your mouthpiece because he will not beg my passes for crumbs, then we will turn the water off, the light off, and make sure that you can't even open the window to cool down your part of the house, the toilet in the heat.

This is a microcosm of what the Zionist Israel has done to the Palestinians. I hope you are alright with it, and hope you can accept to go through the same experience as similarly described. If you can take it, others may not be willing to take it. One of the founding father's of American revolution proclaimed to the English "Give me Liberty (freedom of being self, without encrouchment) of give me death! The determination of the founding fathers was the only ingredient needed to win against all odds.

South Africa's Apartheid was defeated, in time because of consistent determination. The world, soon will see what the zionist Israel is. Give it sometime. Soon enough though. It will be tomorrow, because those who have lived 100 years see every year they have lived as a mere yesterday. Soon enough 50 years will be here. Israel may not survive that long!

I have read from some of the ardent supporters of Israel, on Nairaland. These people maybe post Nigerian Civil war or not, it is not issue here. But the same people have displayed permanent hatred for Awolowo. Rightfully so. I do not like Awolowo and what he stood for, either. However, their hatred of Awolowo was because of their Igboness, and not anything else. Or are they hating Awolowo because of his yorubaness or their non-Igboness. We must not forget the civil war lasted only for 30 months.

Can we blame The Palestinians for their dislikes of Ariel Sharon and all Zionists like him? The war on the Palestinian people started prior to the creation of the state of Israel and has not stopped since. Further, as a good example, could there have been an Igbo person in Igboland during the war who sincerely wholeheartedly loved the people on the other side? This is the case of what we should also expect from the palestinian Gazan and or Westbankers and for the most part the Palestinians in diospora, especially those in refugee camps, in the nations of Middleeast.

I remembered the Igbo Yoruba language broadcaster lady, who was born like many in the West. She was born, raised and was at UI, when the war broke. She was engaged to be married to the eldest of the Omowon's of Ibadan Water Corportion football team fame. She was no Igbo woman, except by her bloodline. Yet she loved Igboland and its people more. Unfortunately, she died before the war, and the future husband did not marry until the mid 1970s.

My point here is this; echoing other people of good conscience, here on Nairaland, put religion aside, should we expect any less from the palestinians not to put up a continuous resistance, reminding the world what an unjust observers we all are, turning a blind eye to or supporting Zionist Israel to carry out her modern ethnic or subethnic cleansing?

The palestinians are different in look, in dialect from Jordanians. The Arabs know each other's specific heritage by their looks and tongues.
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 04, 2009
@olabowale:

Thanks for your observations. This is not personal, therefore in my humble opinion, my personal history bears no relevance to what is being discussed here, and frankly I don't give a monkeys about yours either!

Having vented my venom, let me start by saying that nothing you said in your lengthy rant points the way forward for the Palestinian people who you claim to care about so much. This violence is not about the Palestinian people, and I am not a supporter of Israel. I am an advocate of good judgement and common sense, attributes which evidently are absent in the minds of the leaders of Hamas, who in my view are the instigators of the violence in Gaza today; regardless of the history of the broader conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.

Putting up a continuous resistance to your opponent can also be achieved through dialogue and intelligent negotiation, as the much wiser Fatah have proved. But of course, someone like you who still refers to African ethnic groups as 'tribes' will probably not have the capacity to think along those lines.

Let Hamas continue fighting until they have all been killed, and let us see whether in the end, it is not discussion and negotiation that will bring out the long elusive peace between Isareal and Palestine. Nothing more to be said here!
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by muhsin(m): 5:22pm On Jan 04, 2009
I wonder what one on this earth is thinking? Check yourself, spiritually, if you lack an ounce of pity for these poor Palestinians. I darned well know that even if I was not a Muslim I would definitely have pity and sympathy upon these people. May God curse the culprit, amin! May He curse the zionist.
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2009
muhsin:

I wonder what one on this earth is thinking? Check yourself, spiritually, if you lack an ounce of pity for these poor Palestinians. I darned well know that even if I was not a Muslim I would definitely have pity and sympathy upon these people. May God curse the culprit, amin! May He curse the zionist.

Is it pity or sympathy that will solve the problem? Rather than staying rooted in one spot spinning around like a ballerina, criticising the oppressor and pitying the oppressed, should it not be the sensible thing to be actively looking for a way out of the crisis and a way to change the situation? If you agree that the situation should be changed, then why would you agree that by shooting rockets indiscriminately into Israel, Hamas have made the right choice, knowing fully well that Israel would not take such action lying down?

The leaders of Hamas have demonstrated an alarming lack of insight and foresight! It is only when they appear to the rest of the world to be thinking and acting reasonably, that they will win support and sympathy. My sympathy is for the innocent Gaza civilians whom Hamas have duped in pursuance of their own selfish objectives.
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by muhsin(m): 5:57pm On Jan 04, 2009
@anengiyefa

You certainly are one of those who are succumbed by Israel or rather western propaganda.

But the truth is; Hamas should show any sort of resistance, even if it means an end to their breath.

Any way, what do you supposed them to be doing? Fold their arm or raise white flags while IDF juggernaut are bombarding their territory? C'mon, wake up from that slumber. I swear if it were you, you will instantly retaliate and that means anything, I mean anything (firing less effective rocket, for example).
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 04, 2009
muhsin:

@anengiyefa

You certainly are one of those who are succumbed by Israel or rather western propaganda.

But the truth is; Hamas should show any sort of resistance, even if it means an end to their breath.

Any way, what do you supposed them to be doing? Fold their arm or raise white flags while IDF juggernaut are bombarding their territory? C'mon, wake up from that slumber. I swear if it were you, you will instantly retaliate and that means anything, I mean anything (firing less effective rocket, for example).

Don't be ridiculous! Fatah in Ramallah are not just folding their arms and waving white flags! They are actively engaged in an optimistic sounding peace-process, which promotes a two-state solution to the conflict; a solution that was articulated at a conference held in Annapolis in November 2007 which was attended by most major players of the international community, and even the Arab League nations. At this conference Palestinian President, Fatah's Mahmoud Abbas and then Israeli PM Erhud Olmert were both present. This is the sort of level Hamas should be operating on, not shooting rockets at innocent Israeli civilians. I am a dispassionate observer of the conflict. My view is not influenced by sentiment. I can see clearly where Hamas has gone wrong and if they insist on pursuing their currennt course of action, they will lose very badly and all Hamas will end up dead!
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by muhsin(m): 7:07pm On Jan 04, 2009
anengiyefa:

Don't be ridiculous! Fatah in Ramallah are not just folding their arms and waving white flags! They are actively engaged in an optimistic sounding peace-process, which promotes a two-state solution to the conflict; a solution that was articulated at a conference held in Annapolis in November 2007 which was attended by most major players of the international community, and even the Arab League nations. At this conference Palestinian President, Fatah's Mahmoud Abbas and then Israeli PM Erhud Olmert were both present. This is the sort of level Hamas should be operating on, not shooting rockets at innocent Israeli civilians. I am a dispassionate observer of the conflict. My view is not influenced by sentiment. I can see clearly where Hamas has gone wrong and if they insist on pursuing their currennt course of action, they will lose very badly and all Hamas will end up dead!

I don't know who among us nearly goes silly? But I think it's you. Sorry, no offense.

Can't you remember for how long Israel fought Fatah as well.

Any way, let me ask you a question; who first triggers that ongoing fighting between Hamas and Israel?
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 04, 2009
Fatah-controlled West Bank is not being bombed. Hamas-controlled Gaza is! Fatah sees the advantages of negotiating a peaceful settlement of this long lasting conflict between Israel and the Palestinians. Hamas does not! Make your own mind up!

I really do not wish to continue this conversation with someone who obviously is not current with events, because I am deriving no pleasure from it. Go and read newspapers and listen to news channels on TV. Sorry to disappoint you sir.
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by sleekp1: 9:56pm On Jan 04, 2009
anengiyefa:

Fatah-controlled West Bank is not being bombed. Hamas-controlled Gaza is! Fatah sees the advantages of negotiating a peaceful settlement of this long lasting conflict between Israel and the Palestinians. Hamas does not! Make your own mind up!

They may not be bombing the West Bank but they haven't given the "West Banker's" freedom or have they?
You would think they would have given the Palestinians their land considering Fatah has done everything Israel asked of it?
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 04, 2009
sleek_p:

They may not be bombing the West Bank but they haven't given the "West Banker's" freedom or have they?
You would think they would have given the Palestinians their land considering Fatah has done everything Israel asked of it?

The proposed solution is for two states, not three. Without Gaza on board, no progress can be made. So you see, Hamas is the culprit, standing in the way of a peaceful resolution.
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 04, 2009
Another LYING jew-hater on the loose. grin

Riskie:

Let someone come and occupy your land and see if you will doting over a fariswheel and a bunch of vegetables.

There is NOT ONE JEW in the entire Gaza so just who is "occupying" their land? These hypocrites werent exactly crying about "occupation" for the 19yrs that Gaza was a bonafide part of Egypt were they?

Oh, the feriswheel and abundant food in Gaza puts a big lie to all those telling us Gazans are "starving".

Riskie:

There is no Israel.

That is the goal of islam but unfortunately we know from history that Israel has existed for close to 3000 yrs. On the flipside . . . there was NEVER any aran nation called palestine ever.

Riskie:

There is occupied PALESTINE!

shouting doesnt make it true. Why is it that "occupied palestine" did not become an issue until 1988? Why is it that the "nakba" that was supposed to have taken place in 1948 was NEVER celebrated until the early 90s? The "palestinians" suffered from collective amnesia?

The "occupied palestine" propaganda is simply a new islamic tool to destroy Israel. For as long as that nation lives . . . it makes Mohammad's prophecy a lie.

Riskie:

People in Palestine don't have enough medicine, food and other amenities

But they have close to over 3000 Grad long range rockets, Katyusha rockets . . . Rayyan had enough money to build a 4 storey house with 4 wives and 12 children. Gaza has an American university, an islamic university and close to 21 hrs electricity every single day. They use gas stoves and drive high-end cars . . . pls can someone "occupy" Nigeria so we too can enjoy all these amenities?

Riskie:

children and women are being killed

38 people (mostly women and children) were slaughtered in Baghdad today . . . no whinning from the islamic world.
2 million mostly women and children have preished in Darfur . . . no whinning from you or ur fellow islamists.

HAMAS pays for rocketing Israel and suddenly you all "love" children and women? Pls we are tired of your well-worn hypocrisy.

Move over pallywood.

Riskie:

You people are just a bunch of overzealous Christians who lick the asscracks of the Jews you so admire as your religion is nothing but a mimicked watered down version of Judaism.

You people are just a bunch of fanatical muslims who lick the asscracks of your arab masters you so admire as your religion is nothing but a violent death cult plagiarised from Judaism.

Care to tell me why ALL but one of ur "prophets" are jews?

Care to tell us why all of a sudden Jerusalem acquired important status in Islam ONLY from 1967?

Riskie:

Had it been that Gaza was mainly being lived in by Christians you people wouldn't be talking like this and for sure the world would have done more to stop the genocide that the "Israelis" are inflicting on the Palestinians.

If Gaza had been peopled by christians alone it would long have become a part of mainstream Israel because we wont be seeking grad rockets to shell Sderot and Ashdod like your suicidal arab brothers.
The world hasnt exactly done anything to stop the genocide in Darfur, Congo and Zimbabwe have they? What of the genocide in Rwanda? What did the world do?

There is no "genocide" in Gaza . . . 502 dead with 97% of them being islamic terrorists isnt genocide idiot!

Riskie:

What Hitler did to them they want to do to other. Miserable human beings!

The same unjustified anti-semitism that your own islamic "prophet" espoused on his death bed. I'm shocked you even called them humans . . . i thot u were raised to see them as apes and pigs.

Funny enough . . . the islamic world was a strong supporter of Hitler.
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 04, 2009
muhsin:

your "sympathy", like those of the vituperating arabs and muslims, is pretentiously one-sided. Where was this sympathy when 2973 innocent Americans perished on 9-11? where is this sympathy in Zimbabwe, Congo, Darfur?

Are you alsoo "sympathetic" towards the 38 who perished to a suicide bomber in Baghdad today?

don't bother asking your "god" to "curse" the culprit. the quran and hadiths are already replete with curses for the jews and christians so what is new? Why so much anger at 6 million people that you would curse them? Are you this angry at the Nigerian government that has mortgaged your future?
When you see so much misplaced anger you know that this has nothing to do with "sympathy" but a pathological religious-motivated hatred for the jews.
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by RichyBlacK(m): 1:05am On Jan 05, 2009
davidylan:

your "sympathy", like those of the vituperating arabs and muslims, is pretentiously one-sided. Where was this sympathy when 4000 innocent Americans perished on 9-11? where is this sympathy in Zimbabwe, Congo, Darfur?

At this rate, this man's flexible relationship with the truth will surely push 2,975 to 10,000 - we're at 4,000 now!
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by olabowale(m): 1:09am On Jan 05, 2009
@anengiyefa: « #15 on: Yesterday at 04:37:20 PM »  

@olabowale:

Thanks for your observations. This is not personal, therefore in my humble opinion, my personal history bears no relevance to what is being discussed here, and frankly I don't give a monkeys about yours either!

Thanks man. Thats exactly how I feel about you.

Having vented my venom, let me start by saying that nothing you said in your lengthy rant points the way forward for the Palestinian people who you claim to care about so much. This violence is not about the Palestinian people, and I am not a supporter of Israel. I am an advocate of good judgement and common sense, attributes which evidently are absent in the minds of the leaders of Hamas, who in my view are the instigators of the violence in Gaza today; regardless of the history of the broader conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.

In college, I met many palestinians. They are smart people. They studied all branches of engineering. I can only hope that they are patient, get seriously organized. Then meet the Zionists in a once and fall battle after they have formed enough supports in alliances with people around the world. You see, I know the Zionists, from their history. They are cowards and will not be able to fight, long enough. And it does not matter who supports them, as long as the palestinians are determined to free themselves from under the yoke of the evil empire of Zionists, while the palestinians trust The Creator!

Putting up a continuous resistance to your opponent can also be achieved through dialogue and intelligent negotiation, as the much wiser Fatah have proved. But of course, someone like you who still refers to African ethnic groups as 'tribes' will probably not have the capacity to think along those lines.

Thats if your opponents see you as viable people worth respecting. Unlike when they think you are not even human and they make every effort to dehumanize you. And please know tht I am not ashamed to say that i belong to a tribe of people; the Yorubas. Call it ethnic group, if you are okay with it. The point still remain that "thou tribes and tongue may differ, in brotherhood we stand." I thought if you get the essence of my message, considering that you now use a different national anthem than what I used.

Let Hamas continue fighting until they have all been killed, and let us see whether in the end, it is not discussion and negotiation that will bring out the long elusive peace between Isareal and Palestine. Nothing more to be said here!

If after Steve Biko and co died in 1976, and the blacks did not continue their struggle against Apartheid, I wonder if Randolph Robinson's Trans-African organization in D. C. will even lobby any institution to seek divestment from South African business partners? The continuous struggle was the singular ingredients that brought about the fall of Apartheid. It was the rallying cry.

The Zionists are even worse than the Apaetheid Afrikaans. They think that they have a right to a land that is Palestine. T
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 05, 2009
RichyBlacK:

At this rate, this man's flexible relationship with the truth will surely push 2,975 to 10,000 - we're at 4,000 now!

ah thanks for the correction of the error.
Any other untruths you can point to will be helpful . . . resident hypocrite.
The official 2973 death toll is still a good 4 times the number killed in Gaza after 9 days of war . . . yay for "genocide" or is it "massacre".

@ olabowale . . . do you always strive to be confusing in your articles?
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by TayoD1(m): 2:10am On Jan 05, 2009
@RichyBlack,

Every sane person knows that elections have consequences.  Americans had the chance in the last election to elect a man who believes that America should totally withdraw from world affiars and retreat into her borders. Americans chose not to do so. The election of Bush was followed by consequences just as the elction of Obama will.

The Palestines were fully aware of Hamas' intolerance of Isreal and its intentions to fight Isreal till Isreal is no more. Palestinians knew this and voted them in. Why should they be spared of the consequences of their actions? Have you not learned that what a man sows he will reap? Palestinians sowed the wind by voting Hamas, I am not surprised that they are now reaping the whirlwind.
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by RichyBlacK(m): 2:36am On Jan 05, 2009
Tayo-D:

@RichyBlack,
Every sane person knows that elections have consequences.  Americans had the chance in the last election to elect a man who believes that America should totally withdraw from world affiars and retreat into her borders. Americans chose not to do so. The election of Bush was followed by consequences just as the elction of Obama will.

The Palestines were fully aware of Hamas' intolerance of Isreal and[b] its intentions to fight Isreal till Isreal is no more[/b]. Palestinians knew this and voted them in. Why should they be spared of the consequences of their actions? Have you not learned that what a man sows he will reap? Palestinians sowed the wind by voting Hamas, I am not surprised that they are now reaping the whirlwind.

Hamas is a resistance movement (resisting the illegal and brutal occupation of Israel) similar to the Mandela-led ANC (of course labeled a terrorist organization by the US). There is no evidence that the official policy of Hamas is "fight Isreal till Isreal is no more". Show me! That is total BS, and is what pro-Zionist governments want people to believe. Hamas supports the two-state solution.

Hamas won the 2006 elections against Fatah (also labeled a terrorist organization by pro-Zionist governments). As far as your likes are concerned, all Palestinians are terrorists. Hamas, terrorist; Fatah terrorist. Who do you want to deal with? No wonder the deadlock!

The Palestinian people have every right to vote for whatever political party they want. Isn't that democracy? Israel recognizes Hamas and Hamas recognizes Israel! They both do deals, enter treaties, and have agreements and disagreements.
Re: The Lie That Is Gaza by ono(m): 2:53am On Jan 05, 2009
Richyblack hates Zionists??

I've done some reading up myself on this Jews/Palestinians/Zionists/Arabs and lately Persians (Iran) stuff. Some of the contributions in here have been quite enlightening and helpful. I've also watched some News reports on Aljazeera and other Islamic networks to help gain first hand understanding of what the issues are with Israel.

With the much I've read, I want to conclude that it's intolerance on the part of Israel's neighbours that is the major cause of friction in that part of the world. And why this intolerance? They perceive Israel as an occupation on ''their'' lands, and that Israel is some sort of ''anomaly'' in their area. There also seems to be some ''religious'' undertones in all of the barrage of attacks on Israel. That also underscores the intolerance clause raised earlier on. For example, the Hamas groups, presently in control of the Gaza strip, simply wants the complete destruction of Israel (they don't care if we have Jews or Zionists or anything) for no sane reason! They call the Israelis ''unbelievers'' and for them, they don't deserve to live. I simply can't understand their intolerance of Israel.  Sometimes I wonder how Israel will be treated if it's a 100% islamic country.

In all these, Israel have survived all these attacks on them over the past sixty years since they were declared a sovereign state in 1948. They're even stronger for it, while their enemies have remained perpetually weaker. What's suprising is the ''feeble'' attempts by their enemies to wipe them out. All I see is protests on the streets, burning of flags, unco-ordinated attacks - including launching of rag tag ''rockets'' on civilians living in Israel and other noise here and there! All these smacks of cowardice. Why not come out in the open and fight the Israelis? If they're really sure they want to wipe Israel off, they should face them head on!

I really think Israel has done a lot to live in peace with their neigbours. They simply just don't want the Israelis. And this definately cannot help matters. I can only pray that these people understand the language of peace and love for others, so that we can all live in peace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sophistication In The First Lady / Read The Worst Obituary Written For A Dead Mother By Her Kids / (photos) Russia Submarine Bombs ISIS 1500 Miles Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.