Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? (36543 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' / Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by AmbroHoldings: 1:39pm On Feb 13, 2015
iceberylin:
Cause we try to get lots of cash....

BRoke marriage aint cool...

The hausa man that marries young ends up having more than one wife, the yoruba man that marries at 25 mostly end up having financial issues and will have a broken home (most yoruba familes come from broken home scroll your contacts and count) that's why it's best to marry when you are financially stable "finance is the best form of romance"

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by shineeye: 2:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
igbo men are so romantic They show real love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhek9R3c6TY
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by walozanga(m): 2:10pm On Feb 13, 2015
[quote author=kaybiel2u post=30669114]the igbos like money pass their life. so dy dnt cnsida marriage as their no1 priority[/quote

BE TRUTHFUL TO YOURSELF.. who no like money for Nigeria. We are hard working people not that we like money pass our life. Example..... We Nogo fit turn bokoharam with the whole money in the world. Check the tribes in Nigeria that are in that boko haram club of terrorist . Yoruba and Hausa full there. WHY? Because of lil change

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by shineeye: 2:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
AmbroHoldings:

The hausa man that marries young ends up having more than one wife, the yoruba man that marries at 25 mostly end up having financial issues and will have a broken home (most yoruba familes come from broken home scroll your contacts and count) that's why it's best to marry when you are financially stable "finance is the best form of romance"
you are right igbo men got it right when it comes in marriage and bringing up children in a rich home..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by RomanceLander(f): 8:24am On Feb 14, 2015
spacefreak:

Mba. Kedu ka ime? smiley

Adi m mma, happy lovers day
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by chiomzy25(f): 12:57pm On Feb 14, 2015
DEagle1:
I have discovered that Ibo guys marry much later than thier counterparts of other tribes in Naija. Take for instance an average Hausa Man gets married very early even as a teenager. At 25 a Yoruba guy is already considering settling down and something similar applies to other tribes except the Ibos. At 35 Ikechukwu is happily single ; still posting Chioma his girlfriend. This trend has in turn affected their ladies. Why not? They must wait for Obinna to propose nah. Little wonder some of them has 'menopausal' marriages. Why is this a peculiar trend for Ibo men? Any benefits?
because they want to take care of their family. happy val to all Igbo dudes in the house. love u all

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by free2ryhme: 11:36pm On Feb 14, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Brah,you can't afford Badosky. tongue

becos she hot like pepper grin grin
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Sookul: 11:53pm On Feb 14, 2015
Malawian:

abeg control where your hand dey land o grin grin
lol. oga she no tell me about you oh , she tell me say na only me get.
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Sookul: 11:57pm On Feb 14, 2015
bigname90:

Wat has marriage gott to do wit fool at forty did u suck breast milk wen u were born
what Is this maggot saying? Is the owner of that phone aware that you have it?
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Nobody: 1:41am On Feb 15, 2015
The Op. Should have asked any question regarding the ibos as they would use that opportunity to vent their frustrations on their perceived enemies--The yorubas.

Ibos should know that the yorubas don't hate them because we hve very important things to worry ourselves about.

God bless us all.
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Nobody: 1:42am On Feb 15, 2015
The Op Should not have asked any question regarding the ibos as they would use that opportunity to vent their frustrations on their perceived enemies--The yorubas.

Ibos should know that the yorubas don't hate them because we hve very important things to worry ourselves about.

God bless us all.
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by bigname90(m): 9:47am On Feb 25, 2015
Sookul:
what Is this maggot saying? Is the owner of that phone aware that you have it?

U re not actually sokul afterall cos you are full of shiit
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 12, 2015
sokera:
why would you say adultery is allowed in yoruba culture? you must be thinking from your Anus , let us face the fact , it is level of poverty in Africa or Nigeria that will make a man marry late. you need to travel around the world and get expose. Marry late wont stop the level of Poverty in any country. the fact is alot of things went wrong from the background of the igbo people . If you father marry late because he wanted to make lot of money to care for you , educate you they at age 23-25 you should have got a good job , same goes to the woman you want to marry. that mentality of getting married late those not solve anything about poverty ... abi no bi bendown select una dey come sell for lagos? abi Gala for holdup ...

You are right,am thinking from my anus.
You are also right about traveling around the world,that's why I'm in Canada now.

Mumu_square

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 12, 2015
Aystarz:

Kai! All these from a lady? Excuse me but there aint nuffin ladylike about your bursts out here.
Well, here u are justifying why igbo boys should marry late, and that's fair enough (at least u have ur tribesmen 's back) but don't come here to complain about Ifeanyi, Chimbueze or Obi not marrying u when U're inching close to menopause
The irony here is that my Igbo boys leave all their single 30plus women for other tribes to take in. Yes! Many igbo ladies I know married to the Yorubas are way into their 30s. Go figure!

Okay
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 12, 2015
dayosaurus:

I guess otedola's wife is not well fed going buy your dumb analogy. adulterers?? maybe that alameiseigha's wife from imo state is also yoruba?. to lazy to work? I've never heard something more stupid. ethnic chauvinist like you don't go far in life n always die young.

pleas get a brain

Don't worry you'll live longer .
Ewu kambia!
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Drilz(f): 11:50pm On Mar 14, 2015
Making money n marry a younger woman doesnt guarantee a happy marriage. Yeaa its true majority of igbo married pple arent poor but a few of them make happy ever after. I know a few igbo ladies arnd me wt rich husbands, unhappy homes and they r cheating on their spouse like crazy cos the guy is too bossy, he has little or no time for his wife, he feels d money n the big house is enough, then the lady goes ahead n find solace in another man. Being rich doesnt mean u r matured enough for marriage
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 14, 2020
Setaje:
You guys are talking rubbish. Why must you be so rich before u marry. If not that the country is bad ideally at 25-28, guys should have settled down. Well most igbo men I know at 50, their first child will be 10 years. Is that life?. You won't understand until u are 60 and u are still paying school fees for a child in secondary school. Must you guys be so so rich before getting married? It doesn't make sense. Stop justifying rubbish. What is wrong is wrong. I don't expect u people to understand now till u see your mates who started early relaxing at age 60 while u are still training a child in school.

U r talking in rubbish
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Nobody: 1:53am On Jun 14, 2020
Becos Igbo wedding is an avenue for investment to their glutton relatives. Very expensive WEDDING kilode!
that why there is no room for the lady to mess around with other men like other tribes women do because cheap product attracts many buyer

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Landlord Has Taken Over My Wife....... Husband cries out / Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.