Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo (2434 Views)

Corper Advises Men To Go For Secondary School Girls Because They're Naive / Which Would You Prefer When You Get Married? PHOTO! / How Sex With A Stranger Almost Cost Me My Life On Xmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by barryzkween(f): 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2015
The past year has been a whirlwind for Ashley McIntyre and Danny Robinson -- a kidney donor and kidney transplant patient, respectively, who started the year as strangers and finished it as fiancés.
Ashley first heard about Danny from her mom, who had learned about his tragic story on a local Louisville, Kentucky radio show. Danny was a 25-year-old electrician working full-time while undergoing 12 hours of dialysis a week to manage an inflammatory kidney disease called IgA nephropathy. He needed a transplant, but none of his family members were a match.

"He lost his father to brain cancer in 2012 and their house burnt down on Christmas Day in 2011," Ashley told The Huffington Post. "It was just one thing after the other. Hearing all of that and knowing he was only 25 was a lot for anybody."
When asked what compelled her to make such a sacrifice for a stranger, she simply said,

"I took the whole process very seriously -- I did my research and everything. But to me, as long as the doctor said I was fine and I was going to be fine and that it would work for Danny, it was like, why not give up a kidney to
someone who needs it?"

Ashley and Danny were a match throughout each step of the pre-transplant testing. She told HuffPost Weddings that she had been adamant about not meeting Danny and his family until the surgery seemed like a sure thing; up until that point, she had been primarily corresponding with his mom. So in March 2014, they finally met face-to-face with their families at The Cheesecake Factory.
"I was extremely nervous -- over-the-top nervous," Ashley said of their first encounter.

"But as soon as we sat down and started talking, it was like immediately I just felt like I had known him forever. Everything his mom had told me up until that point was true -- about him being a truly good human being, just a good person all the way around. My dad was very taken aback about how put together he was. He said he could tell he was a genuine person."

On April 17, 2014, Ashley and Danny went in for surgery at the University of Kentucky Albert B. Chandler Hospital in Lexington. Both procedures were successful -- the transplant surgeon told The Courier-Journal that there were no complications in either operation.

But it wasn't until after the transplant that Ashley and Danny's bond turned into a romantic one. Ashley cites a Memorial Day Weekend barbecue as the turning point in their relationship.

"It was really clear early on that this was 'it,'" she told The Courier-Journal.
On Christmas Day 2014, Danny proposed to Ashley in front of his family. She said 'yes,' and the pair is expecting their first child together -- a baby girl they've named Berkli -- in June.

"It still doesn't register to me," Ashley said about the crazy year they've had. "Before all of this [attention], we don't really think about our situation. We just live our daily lives. So to relive it all is kind of surreal, but it's awesome."

More pictures here: http://kweeninspirations..com/2015/02/awww-this-woman-donated-her-kidney-to.html

Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
Good for them...
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Maamin(m): 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
Which of you NL ladies can donate your kidney to your Boyfriend? grin

1 Like

Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by mirexxx(f): 6:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
Maamin:
chai! when there is love sha lol grin

what if after donating he dumps her!!

its all for love sha lols cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 12, 2015
Nairaland babes, babes of nairaland....

How many times did I call you girls? LEARN!!!

2 Likes

Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 12, 2015
grin
Maamin:

Many grin

The question should be how many NL boyfriends can donate to their girlfriends. grin
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 12, 2015
I see nothing but true love on the lady heart. The guy will be the greatest fool, if he does anything to hurt the one who once save her from the mess he would hav entered.
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Maamin(m): 6:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
mirexxx:
chai! when there is love sha lol grin

what if after donating he dumps her!!

its all for love sha lols cheesy

Hahahaha...imagine him bleeping another girl with your kidney. grin
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Maamin(m): 6:40pm On Feb 12, 2015
miraclewonder:
grin

Many grin

The question should be how many NL boyfriends can donate to their girlfriends. grin

Lol...I can do that, but is just that..i might end up taking my kidney back with a knife if she dares try to leave me.. grin
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by mirexxx(f): 6:42pm On Feb 12, 2015
Maamin:

lolz cheesy
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
tongue tongue tongue
Maamin:

Lol...I can do that, but is just that..i might end up taking my kidney back with a knife if she dares try to leave me.. grin

Lol. Nl babes are not like that naa. They will love you forever. tongue tongue
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by ifex370(m): 6:58pm On Feb 12, 2015
miraclewonder:
grin

Many grin

lipsrsealed
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Maamin(m): 7:09pm On Feb 12, 2015
miraclewonder:
tongue tongue tongue

Lol. Nl babes are not like that naa. They will love you forever. tongue tongue

My dear speak for yourself O! kiss
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Sabadon(m): 7:13pm On Feb 12, 2015
a clear case of wat God has joined together
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by ligopedro: 8:39pm On Feb 12, 2015
Maamin:

And she go collect her kidney back.. Lobatan
Moreso this kind tin no go fit happen for naija, i no fit allow my sister sef coz after a year him fit talk say him pastor say dem no sey compatible.. Kidney eyaf gone
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Maamin(m): 9:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
ligopedro:

And she go collect her kidney back.. Lobatan
Moreso this kind tin no go fit happen for naija, i no fit allow my sister sef coz after a year him fit talk say him pastor say dem no sey compatible.. Kidney eyaf gone

grin na to tell am say pastor say make u collect ur kidney back na
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
This is the definition of true love! smiley

Somebody please get me a handkerchief! ;( ;( ;(
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 12, 2015
This life z all bout GIVE N TAKE kiss
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by SELENAqueensy(f): 11:06pm On Feb 12, 2015
I can't do it, except its for my mum
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by yemstok(m): 11:06pm On Feb 12, 2015
I was soo confident this didn't happen in Nigeria before opening this thread.
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 12, 2015
Such kind of lady cannot be seen here in Nigeria, NEVA!
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by OGeeKush(m): 11:19pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 12, 2015
.....in life u don't chose who u love
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Fkforyou(m): 12:14am On Feb 13, 2015
True definition of selflessness......The truth is that there are people Like this everywhere, even in Nigeria ,although they are very rare. Sometimes it might be that the most underated person who might poses this quality instead of the overzealous religious fanatic.
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Adesam09(m): 12:16am On Feb 13, 2015
People are awesome..
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by LewisO: 12:30am On Feb 13, 2015
Very unfortunate, Nigerian ladies can never do this for a stranger, not even for there husband. undecided
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Sugarpeaches(f): 12:40am On Feb 13, 2015
Maamin:

I can
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Maamin(m): 6:54am On Feb 13, 2015
Sugarpeaches:

I can

Easier said than done grin
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Aypoppin(m): 7:37am On Feb 13, 2015
Na dere p b dat
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by Sugarpeaches(f): 8:17am On Feb 13, 2015
Easier said than done grin[/quote]

Try me! cheesy
Re: Aww! This Lady Donated Her Kidney To A Stranger,now They're Gettin Married!photo by dudesexy1111(m): 8:46am On Feb 13, 2015
Naija girls ... Oyo grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Are The Biggest Liars In Africa- Yvonne Nelson / SHY GUYS; The Endangered Specie / Should He Forgive Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.