Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,504 members, 7,808,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 (15866 Views)

Man Arrested In Ogun For Raping His 13-Year-Old Sister-In-Law / Man Sets His Family On Fire In Ogun Over Property (photo) / Lover Sets His Girlfriend, Friend Ablaze (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by Sierraloaded: 2:08am On Feb 13, 2015
The Ogun State Police Command is presently searching for a bar manager, Mr. Bidemi Shittu, who allegedly poured petrol on his 13-year-old attendant, Ezekiel Emmanuel, and set him ablaze.

It was gathered that the manager took the action because the teenager reportedly stole N1,500 from him.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the incident happened in the Akoka area of Ibafo, Ogun State, on Monday, February 9.

Our correspondent gathered that the runaway suspect, Bidemi, who is married with children, was the manager of Golden Fingers Bar in the area, while Emmanuel was one of his attendants.

Our correspondent learnt that Bidemi, who had accused Emmanuel of theft on Sunday, allegedly tied the teenager’s hands and feet in a room in his bar till Monday, waiting for him to admit the offence.

It was gathered that on Monday, at about 11.30pm, Bidemi brought Emmanuel out to the front of the bar, poured petrol on the boy and set fire on him.

Our correspondent learnt that some residents, who were out at the time, rescued the victim.

They were said to have rushed Emmanuel to a private hospital in the area where he was initially treated before he was referred to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, Lagos, the following day.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the matter was reported to the Ibafo Police Division, and the policemen sealed off the bar.

However, it was gathered that the suspect, Bidemi, fled before he could be arrested.

When our correspondent got to the area on Thursday, Emmanuel’s uncle, Mr. Toyin Olayemi, said the boy was rejected by four different hospitals before he was eventually taken to LASUTH.

He said, “Emmanuel’s father is not around. He went to his hometown in Ekiti because he fell ill. On Tuesday morning when they told me about Emmanuel. I rushed to the private hospital and I saw him on the bed, severely burnt from head to abdomen.

“He was working on part-time basis in the bar, although Bidemi did not pay him any salary. Emmanuel is also learning generator repair at a workshop. I was told that the manager accused him of stealing N1,500.

“Despite pleas from neighbours that they would repay him, he waited till everyone had gone to sleep and brought out the boy and burnt his body.

“The private hospital asked us to take him away the following day. We went to about four government hospitals which rejected him before we came to LASUTH.

“Since that Tuesday, they have not allowed us to see him. They said he was still under observation. The suspect too has run away. We learnt that a policeman in the Ibafo division tipped Bidemi off to evade arrest.”

When our correspondent visited the suspect’s father, Pa Shittu, he told PUNCH Metro that the most important thing was for the victim to get well.

He said, “My wife went to check the boy in the hospital. The doctors did not allow her to see him, but they told her that he was responding to treatment. I have spent about N150,000 on his treatment.

“I have not seen Bidemi. I don’t know his whereabouts. He has refused to pick my calls. The most important thing is for the child to get well.”

When our correspondent got to the private hospital in Ibafo where Emmanuel was initially treated, the doctor said he ensured that he was in a stable condition before he was transferred.

The Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Muyiwa Adejobi, confirmed the incident.

He added that the police were intensifying efforts to arrest the suspect.

He said, “The suspect poured petrol on the boy for stealing.

He maltreated him, tied his hands and feet, and set him on fire. The boy is still in the hospital and the suspect is presently at large.

“But the police will arrest the suspect.

“This act is not only criminal, but also barbaric. We are intensifying efforts to get him and we will.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/bar-manager-sets-attendant-ablaze-for-stealing-n1-500/

pix of the bar below

Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by Sierraloaded: 2:08am On Feb 13, 2015
Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by pacesetter939: 4:03am On Feb 13, 2015
Where are the Dr. Odumakin and Prof. Chidi of the Human Right group to come to the rescue of this young man.

6 Likes

Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by dre11(m): 6:55am On Feb 13, 2015
This man is a beast that doesn't deserve to live where humans are......

He can't create a life but, he wants to destroy one just because of small change someone can spend to by plate of pepper soup

11 Likes

Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by lilmax(m): 7:18am On Feb 13, 2015
Its more than the 1500

1 Like

Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by Burger01(m): 9:55am On Feb 13, 2015
Set ablaze because of N1500 What do we do to our thieving polithievians?
Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 13, 2015
Wickedness of the 1st other
Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by eemalex(m): 9:55am On Feb 13, 2015
A killer in the making
Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by NaLaugh: 9:56am On Feb 13, 2015
Naija
Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 13, 2015
Oga o, the attendant that suppose to be in school, may be because of challenges. The guy wicked o. Infact that he was not even paying him salaries make the man devil. Some people are damn satanically devilish. Tomorrow now they will blame government for their family spiritual woes if nemesis appears in 3D.

2 Likes

Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 13, 2015
What is a 13 year old doing working in a bar?

State govt drops the ball again! angry

2 Likes

Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by Bonapart(m): 9:56am On Feb 13, 2015
Animals in human skin

1 Like

Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by yurme(m): 9:56am On Feb 13, 2015
Nawa 0

1 Like

Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by Enegod(m): 9:56am On Feb 13, 2015
A 13yr for bartending is wrong & a crime anywhere in the world

7 Likes

Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 13, 2015
uriokd:
jc
opalika18:
xzc
sauceny:
Enegod:
Ericardo7:
k

Bar men.....

The NPHCDA recomends that all of thee consume ten crates of Guiness every day.....because it is good for you....and because you are all great men!
Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by Ericardo7(m): 9:57am On Feb 13, 2015
The kids too young to be a bar attendant na
Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by sophtaf(f): 9:57am On Feb 13, 2015
Interesting
Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by afribookorg(m): 9:57am On Feb 13, 2015
AKPOS THE VAL BREAKER

------------------------------------
- 13th of Feb 2009 -
Girlfriend: Baby i love u.

Akpos: How many time will u tell me that? Don't u know too much of love is not good?

Girlfriend: But i love u.

Akpos: Oooh! So u are still saying it? It's over!

- 12th of Feb 2010 -
Girlfriend: ( just waking up) Heey! Honey i dreamt that you bought me a diamond ring on Valentines day

Akpos: Go back to sleep and wear it.

Girlfriend: Hmmmm.

Akpos: Infact how did u know i wanted to buy a diamond ring for u this val? Are u a witch? Its Over!

- 13th of Feb 2011 -
Girlfriend: Bby i need 90,000 naira for Brazilian hair so that i will look good for u on val's day.

Akpos: Haven't i told u that since Brazil won us 3-0 in 2013,i hate to hear the name Brazil? U don't have respect. It's over!

- 11th of Feb 2012 -
Girlfriend: Baby i heard the new blackberry is out.

Akpos: All blackberry's hang.

Girlfriend: This one doesn't hang.

Akpos : So im a liar abi? It's over between us!

- 13th of Feb 2013 -
Girlfriend: Baby i will need 50k for valentine's shopping pls.

Akpos: Jesus! My fone just fell into the water.

Girlfriend: But u are typing now.

Akpos: So are u trying to tell me that i don't know what im saying? Are u indirectly calling me a liar?

Girlfriend: No baby.

Akpos: No is negative and Yes is Positive. How many times have i told you not to include me in negative things? Im tired of this relationship! It's over!!

12th of Feb 2014
Girlfriend: Hey dear! Friday is valentines day.

Akpos: Are u trying to say i don't have a good memory?

Girlfriend: No baby,its not like that.

Akpos: Are u arguing with me?

Girlfriend: No naaaah, haba!

Akpos: Haba right! Its over between us!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by yungcyrus(m): 9:57am On Feb 13, 2015
wickeeeeed idiat!!!!
Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by CharlieMaria(m): 9:58am On Feb 13, 2015
In a country where life is not valued
Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by wman(m): 9:58am On Feb 13, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
All dis tins re happening in apc states, is dis d change dey kip chanting all abt? undecided

Be reasonable for once. What does APC have to do with this?

For your PC,Android and PSP games,1080p HD movies,T.V series and documentaries, check us out on https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest

1 Like

Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by wman(m): 9:59am On Feb 13, 2015
This is very sad. He deserves to be jailed. The police man that tipped him off should be jailed also.

For your PC,Android and PSP games,1080p HD movies,T.V series and documentaries, check us out on https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest

1 Like

Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by Pappyjim: 9:59am On Feb 13, 2015
I'm sure that all witches and wizards are tormenting him!
Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by condralbede(m): 9:59am On Feb 13, 2015
#Sad
Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by Tuntheycr7: 10:00am On Feb 13, 2015
He was working on part-time basis in the bar, although Bidemi did not pay him any salary. Emmanuel is also learning generator repair at a workshop. I was told that the manager accused him of stealing N1,500.

“Despite pleas from neighbours that they would repay him, he waited till everyone had gone to sleep and brought out the boy and burnt his body.

This is pure wickedness shocked shocked

Because of N1500 they have spent more than N150,000 on the poor boy.

That heartless animal must not go without been punished heavily and should be charged on attempts of murder....

The boy life can never remain the same.... cry
Wickedness and evil just runs in some people's blood.

We learnt that a policeman in the Ibafo division tipped Bidemi off to evade arrest.”

This is but another issue on its own... Naija police.. Diaris Gawd oooo

I just pray that the boy receives divine healing from God..

2 Likes

Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by geedeex2(m): 10:01am On Feb 13, 2015
This is case of common stealing
Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 13, 2015
Another APC
Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 13, 2015
All dis tins re happening in apc states, is dis d change dey kip chanting all abt? undecided

1 Like

Re: Bar Manager Sets His 13-Year Old Attendant On Fire For Allegedly Stealing N1500 by kinglekan: 10:01am On Feb 13, 2015
That Bar should be closed and the man should be found and brought to justice. Would he have burnt his own son for stealing?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Accuses Her Brother's Police Wife Of Attacking Her With Teargas (Photos) / We Only Defraud Greedy People - Suspect / Olaleye Olumide Paul Bags 18 Months Jail For Love Scam In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.