Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,803 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Girl 24, Electrocuted While Pinging In The Bath Tub - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Girl 24, Electrocuted While Pinging In The Bath Tub (890 Views)

Why Birds Don't Get Electrocuted When They Climb Electric Cables / Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl 24, Electrocuted While Pinging In The Bath Tub by ethylene: 3:59am On Feb 13, 2015
Evgenia Sviridenko, 24, was pinging on her blackberry phone while relaxing on her bathtub until she misteakenly dropped her phone. Evgenia was sharing the apartment with 23 year-old Yaroslav Dubinina, who reported the incident.

Yaroslav told police:

“I noticed that she had been gone a while, and when I couldn't raise her I opened the door and saw her floating on the water looking pale. I saw her phone which was on charge at the bottom of the bath. Her body was still shaking from the shock.”

Miss Sviridenko’s death comes days after another Russian girl, aged 16, died after taking her charging iPhone into a shower.

In August, Chinese media reported a teenager was electrocuted when she plugged her iPhone into an unofficial charger.The victim was Wu Weyuan, 18, a student from Korla, in Xinjiang province, western China.She was found by her sister, who noticed a burning smell when she came home from work.

Apple and blackberry has previously released statements on there websites warning users of the dangers of cheap unofficial chargers.
Re: Girl 24, Electrocuted While Pinging In The Bath Tub by Wuuworld(m): 4:30am On Feb 13, 2015
Some girls must be crazy.....Apple and Blackberry taking away soul's since the time of cain and Abel.
Re: Girl 24, Electrocuted While Pinging In The Bath Tub by Cutehector(m): 5:34am On Feb 13, 2015
My ppo die due to lack of knowledge
Re: Girl 24, Electrocuted While Pinging In The Bath Tub by SirHouloo(m): 5:45am On Feb 13, 2015
Keep on pinging in the Lord.....
Re: Girl 24, Electrocuted While Pinging In The Bath Tub by enoqueen: 5:55am On Feb 13, 2015
hmmmm!

thank God for the light situation in Nigeria.
Re: Girl 24, Electrocuted While Pinging In The Bath Tub by estyvino(m): 6:41am On Feb 13, 2015
enoqueen:
hmmmm!

thank God for the light situation in Nigeria.
Person never see light charge phone for office, come be say na house come even enter bathtub dey charge. No be for we country naija
Re: Girl 24, Electrocuted While Pinging In The Bath Tub by dominique(f): 10:28pm On Feb 14, 2015
That's why it's dangerous to put an electric outlet in a bathroom. But couldn't the charging wait till bath is over ni? RIP to the dead sha
Re: Girl 24, Electrocuted While Pinging In The Bath Tub by Nobody: 2:46am On Feb 15, 2015
Patience is so important. RIP.
Re: Girl 24, Electrocuted While Pinging In The Bath Tub by j4sure(m): 10:48am On Feb 16, 2015
Eeyah PING TO HEAVEN> 1000 ways to die

(1) (Reply)

Nike Starts Mass-producing Self-lacing Sneakers / Galaxy S9 Price / Man Left Confused After Seeing This Rare Type Of Fish In Rivers State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.