Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,807 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? (3598 Views)

Vacancy For 3rd Class Graduates Or Graduates With A Pass. / Could This Be True ( UBA) / Finally God Have Done It For Me Wit A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by kingsleyugo41(m): 10:35am On Feb 13, 2015
Can this be true? Some one told me dat a friend of mine back in school,who graduate whit a pass from unizik in electronic and computer engineering is now working whit shell nigeria without any other certification.
Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by Ronie24(f): 10:46am On Feb 13, 2015
Hard to believe tho bt in a country like Nigeria, anytin is possible

5 Likes

Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by prelinctus: 10:51am On Feb 13, 2015
Have you forgotten that this is Nigeria? Nawa to you o.
Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by madmadu(m): 11:23am On Feb 13, 2015
e no go pass connection
Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 13, 2015
DEY DIA NA. NO BE FOR NAIJA?
NA WHO KNOW PERSON WEY SABI PERSON FOR GOVERNMENT DEY GET BETTER JOB O

BUT WAIT O, DID I JUST READ 'PASS'? THATS REALLY SERIOUS shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by obinna002: 12:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
Na contact things, that's Naija for you
Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by Iyowuski: 1:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
so because d guy graduate with a pass make him no work for better place again?
comot eye for people mata o if not u go wound o

thanks
see u same time same station

11 Likes

Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by Awelechukwu16(f): 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2015
Impossible to you, Very possible with God. You don't know the kind of Grace he/she carries. Only pray and believe.

6 Likes

Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by Humblebloke(m): 2:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
Itz very possible....
Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by afanide: 3:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
kingsleyugo41:
Can this be true? Some one told me dat a friend of mine back in school,who graduate whit a pass from unizik in electronic and computer engineering is now working whit shell nigeria without any other certification.

Maybe u re one of those that believes so much in Certificate.

Life is more than that Paper called Certificate.

U re Probably surprised because u came out with a better grade and u re one of dose dat wrote him off in life.

There are two Categories of graduates:
¤those that didnt knw y dey went to skool
¤those that went to study.

6 Likes

Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by bolafez(m): 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
its very possible bro, after school, ur field knowledge would be needed most
what's the essence of being a first class graduate in Elec./elcet that cant fix a ceiling fan with low driving motor ....Firstclass is very good thou
Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by kloride(m): 3:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
It is not unlikely,God factor is paramount in whatever one does in life. You're probably expecting he/she to turn out a begger? Lol! Life is worth more than class of grades though one can't argue against having a good grade out of school. Bottomline,never underestimate people in life until he/she is no more again

1 Like

Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by jpphilips(m): 3:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
kingsleyugo41:

It must be Shell Rwanda not Shell Nigeria, anyway, your friend can contest for the president of Nigeria, he is still very qualified.
Buhari no be so? grin grin
Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 13, 2015
You guys should stop deceiving yourself, except you have a very strong connection with the top most management or you are ready to be employed as a gateman, technician or a clerk, there is no way a big multinational oil and Gas company like Shell would employ you with just a pass with no added certifications

FriedPlantain

7 Likes

Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by kloride(m): 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2015
FriedPlantain:
You guys should stop deceiving yourself, except you have a very strong connection with the top most management or you are ready to be employed as a gateman or clerk, there is no way a big multinational oil and Gas company like Shell would employ you with just a pass with no added certifications

FriedPlantain

This must be a joke! I know of a classmate with a pass and he now works with an A-list oil and gas servicing company without any added qualification,he did not even stayed up to two months at home after service year. 2010 till date,he's a bigboy now. I don't want to go into details. God factor is paramount. Shikena!

4 Likes

Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
kloride:

This must be a joke! I know of a classmate with a pass and he now works with an A-list oil and gas servicing company without any added qualification,he did not even stayed up to two months at home after service year. 2010 till date,he's a bigboy now. I don't want to go into details. God factor is paramount. Shikena!
we are still saying the same thing bro; all still boils down to connection and how well he networks himself.
Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by armadeo(m): 5:02pm On Feb 13, 2015
Paper certificate is the dearth if this country.

I personally know a guy who graduated with 3rd class and earns a lot more than mist of us his friends now. he was a born hustler and knew how to get results which his boss is interested in not some piece of paper.

So dude its very possible for result oriented firms.

1 Like

Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by obitryce(m): 5:18pm On Feb 13, 2015
Bros in response to your question, it is very possible & doesn't have to be through connections as some people believe. What you need to understand first & foremost is that when it it comes to jobs that requires practical skills/knowledge such as engineering, electrical, mechanical, Instrumentation etc. Those with practical experience are mostly favored despite what ever degree he/she might posses cus one it saves the company time/money to start giving a fresher (inexperienced) orientation,training etc and gets the job done immediately. Also note that in the jobs i mentioned there are no rooms for trial & error cus this might lead to unwanted expenses & waste of precious man hours.
Shell like you mentioned employs a lot of personnel either through indirect (contractors) or direct labour (shell). They both are classified as shell staffs but the difference is that most privileges given to direct employed shell staffs are not given to those employed by contractors. The summary is that your friend could be working for shell but might not be a direct staff & as per his pass degree, he might have gone ahead to acquire some additional skills which is what the company where looking for + God's favor i rest my case...

3 Likes

Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by EmmySparky(m): 5:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
kingsleyugo41:
its very possible... A girl from unizik that studied geology with a pass works with chevron now...baba its all about connection o...this country is for the fittest

1 Like

Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by obyrich(m): 5:52pm On Feb 13, 2015
bolafez:
its very possible bro, after school, ur field knowledge would be needed most
what's the essence of being a first class graduate in Elec./elcet that cant fix a ceiling fan with low driving motor ....Firstclass is very good thou
There is a big difference between a civil engineer, a mason and a building technologists! A mechanical engineer who designs turbines is not a failure if he cannot fix his automobile. That's the job of a mechanic.

1 Like

Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by tayoast(m): 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2015
Working in Shell, as what?

Messenger? Gate man? Just asking o
Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by Iyowuski: 7:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
obitryce:
Bros in response to your question, it is very possible & doesn't have to be through connections as some people believe. What you need to understand first & foremost is that when it it comes to jobs that requires practical skills/knowledge such as engineering, electrical, mechanical, Instrumentation etc. Those with practical experience are mostly favored despite what ever degree he/she might posses cus one it saves the company time/money to start giving a fresher (inexperienced) orientation,training etc and gets the job done immediately. Also note that in the jobs i mentioned there are no rooms for trial & error cus this might lead to unwanted expenses & waste of precious man hours.
Shell like you mentioned employs a lot of personnel either through indirect (contractors) or direct labour (shell). They both are classified as shell staffs but the difference is that most privileges given to direct employed shell staffs are not given to those employed by contractors. The summary is that your friend could be working for shell but might not be a direct staff & as per his pass degree, he might have gone ahead to acquire some additional skills which is what the company where looking for + God's favor i rest my case...

u don talk everything...
Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by calaway: 7:07pm On Feb 13, 2015
kingsleyugo41:
[size=20pt]
THAT IS WHAT BUHARI'S NIGERIA IS ALL ABOUT. A MAN WHO DID NOT COMPLETE SECONDARY SCHOOL JOINED THE NIGERIAN ARMY AS AN OFFICER!!! HA ONLY IN NIGERIA.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by samuelson06(m): 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2015
FriedPlantain:
we are still saying the same thing bro; all still boils down to connection and how well he networks himself.

grin

So in essence, networking with God is most important. Do you agree?
Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by kenkristoph(m): 5:14am On Feb 14, 2015
obitryce:
This is the best comment here...you've said it all...it's possible it might even be working as a technician sef which doesn't necessarily require a Bsc.
Re: Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? by undefeated(m): 9:49am On Feb 14, 2015
very possible, it could be community slot

(1) (Reply)

GNI Life Interview!!! / Graduate Trainee At The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) / Lorache Consulting Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.