Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? (47784 Views)

The Son My Late Dad Had Out Of Wedlock Locked My Mum Out Of Our House, Pls Advis / Thread For Born Out Of Wedlock Nlers / Can You Marry A Lady That Gave Birth Out Of Wedlock? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by idu1(m): 9:10pm On Feb 15, 2015
UnknownT:
Sorry I don't have any idea of what the law says concerning the issue but just know that I just added another liike to your profile picture! I hope that helps?!!!! cry
cry
some people for this nigeria sef.... Make I just shake my di.ck for u.... Look at what u just typed... Loool
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by treach(m): 9:11pm On Feb 15, 2015
My dear, turn to God. If ur able to make money, when u go to d father and ask forgiveness, u will be restored back to glory. Don't Hate but Love. Let God fight d battle for you.. Regards...
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by GentleBenEsq: 9:13pm On Feb 15, 2015
Pls my dear, let me advice u frm d legal point. If u r convinced that he's d fada of ur child and d DNA can testify to dat, den look for Legal Aids Lawyers to help u out. Dey do probono cases (free)Or beta still go to welfare. I wud hv luv to help but my office duties will not permit me.

2 Likes

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by sheguy(m): 9:15pm On Feb 15, 2015
aguiyi:

sorry dear, you've been through a lot sha.

just move on , if he truly loves you like you had thought, he would come for you. but if the love is not there, i advice you move on. if you guys were married and he died, what would you have done.

I luv dis statement!!!! God bless ur brain.
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by free2ryhme: 9:15pm On Feb 15, 2015
dominion247:
Does anybody know what the Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? I am left to raise a child alone without any income. I lost my job when I was pregnant with the baby. I moved in with my baby daddy when I was 3 months pregnant due to pressure from my immediate family, we lived together till I gave birth. After the baby was born, he chased me out of the house of which I borrowed him money to rent. I ve moved back into my family house with the baby. He has not paid me back the money I borrowed him and he is not assisting me in anyway to raise the child. I want to take this up with the law but I cannot afford the fee I may be charged and I am also worried I might not win the case because we are not married. Please I need your candid opinions

Hope u have receipts of of every transactions u had as evidence
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by 100Cents: 9:16pm On Feb 15, 2015
Ask them in Law school
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by delpee(f): 9:18pm On Feb 15, 2015
Visit the Office of the Public Defender if you are in Lagos. Check for their office addresses online. They will advice and handle the case. It's basically a Legal Aid office set up by Lagos State to assist the poor/less privileged.

1 Like

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by azeezya2007: 9:18pm On Feb 15, 2015
You can also post his email address and phone Number on nairaland so forum members can advise him on what to do

1 Like

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by lovepraise(f): 9:20pm On Feb 15, 2015
Pray to God for deliverance for him and u repent sincerely God will help u
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by UnknownT: 9:25pm On Feb 15, 2015
idu1:
some people for this nigeria sef.... Make I just shake my di.ck for u.... Look at what u just typed... Loool
loool! What do u want me to type before? You want me to embarrass myself with a family law I am ignorant of/about? cry cry
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:28pm On Feb 15, 2015
Hmm! Forget the law.... I don't believe in our judicial system.... It won't be easy...,but get a job, take care of the child, move on with life. *Trust me on this one.

1 Like

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by skirmish: 9:28pm On Feb 15, 2015
I have problem with men who father children they are not ready to take care of.

Report his sorry ass to a child welfare office close to you. If he has the means to take care of the baby, he'll be forced to pay for the child's maintenance and it will cost you nothing!

It is obvious you don't know about this. Ask around, please, that child does not have to suffer because of your ignorance.
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by ACM10: 9:29pm On Feb 15, 2015
Provided you can prove that the accused is your baby's biological father. Then your problem is half solved. Baby born out of wedlock are granted the same right as the baby born within a family. Nigerian law granted them that protection.
If your baby's daddy is rich, then your problem is 99% solved. Just get a competent lawyer and the father will be forced to pay monthly child support. Please ignore those that are trying to discourage you. It can be done here in Nigeria. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Bitojoe(m): 9:30pm On Feb 15, 2015
dominion247:
lol re u kidding me? I can send u his picture

no wonder he chase you out.hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by fredoooooo: 9:32pm On Feb 15, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I need color of d house, wich kind motor hin dey ryt & d color, how hin dey physically(short or tall, fat or slim). Infact, giv me beta description of him so d tonda no go miss target..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Bitojoe(m): 9:34pm On Feb 15, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Hmm! Forget the law.... I don't believe in our judicial system.... It won't be easy...,but get a job, take care of the child, move on with life. *Trust me on this one.

kudos,i never know that there are women on nairaland who have brain like you.
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by kizzo360: 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2015
@dominion just walk into the nearest local government Secretariat, there is a unit called walfare unit, report the case and they will take it up from there, they will fight for you. They are conversant with such cases, it not a new occurrence in lagos state or Nigeria. Take care and be strong for your baby.

1 Like

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Duquesa(f): 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2015
Under Section 42 (2) ofthe 1999 Constitution its says no Citizen of Nigeria shall be discriminated on the bases of his birth. U have a strong case in the family court. U cant get compensation for yourself but u can achive upkeep for ur baby.

1 Like

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Gynacologist(m): 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2015
Tgold1:
shake my d*ck
ur dick again?
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by tellwisdom: 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2015
I know sey na ur bad behaviour make am pursue you comot for house wey u claim sey u rent. angry
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by highbeeola(m): 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
locate an agency all dis social worker would help out there is an office @ sabo yaba birell
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by kilmix: 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2015
Dear Dominion247,
After carefully reading your story, I wanted to give you the best possible Legal advice and action to take.
But on a second thought, I decided to go through your previous threads and found out that you have posted similar story on the 20th October, 2014. I hereby refer you to the following https://www.nairaland.com/1957808/nairalanders-ordeal.

From the above link, you portrayed a similar story, but claimed it was not you but someone else.

It is on this premise I'll urge you to desist from painting unnecessary attention-seeking stories here.

But if your story is true, then I'll give you free Legal advice.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by victorazy(m): 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Talking to myself " why didn't I study law? " cry cry cry

OP, I feel for you.......I pray you get a good lawyer who will help out without collecting any charges. Some men are just wicked and very annoying.

Judging from one ear.
Do u know her attitude?
How can a man just woke up and chase u out of the house!
That's what u see when ur parents doesn't support ur marriage!
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2015
I am a lawyer but I am always careful about giving legal advice on such emotional family issues without hearing a little from the other side.

I would advice you seek out his parents, pastors, respected friends or a counsellor to intervene to restore both of you and regularize the marriage.

For the sake of your innocent little child, I will not incite you to anything trashy cos it will not help matters in any way.

The man has committed no offence under Nigerian law. You are both not legally married and you have not accused him of rape which led to the pregnancy. You both had voluntary sex among consenting adults so I assume you were very much aware of the consequences of unprotected sex with someone who is not your legally married husband.

I am very willing to offer you free legal service in your case but limited to compelling your baby daddy to arbritration discussions to agree on child custody, alimony for maintenance of the child or regularizing the marriage.

If you are interested, contact me on 08058775690, 0802430820 or mail to: rocktrustsolicitors@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by rossychik(f): 9:50pm On Feb 15, 2015
I don't knw what d says abt dis but I can tell u look 4 somtin doin take care of d child nd try not 2 put d child u 4 adoption because u don't knw if u can hav another.

As 4 d man time shall tell.......
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by LadyAmaka(f): 9:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
My dear your priority now should be getting something doing to take care of yourself and your child. Make sure you have evidence that you loaned that nuisance money and forget it till you have come around to teach the nit-wit the bitter lesson of his life. Concerning the paternity of that child, it depends on where you are from which is why I love my people because a man who did not marry you is not the father of your child and it is tradition which is decided in customary court, Bleep western court, this is Africa with our ways of life. When the child grows and asks of the so called error of a father, tell the child the truth and allow him decide what he want.
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by queensmith: 9:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
omg. . . . . .'why didn't you use postinor' and 'find another man'?? Seriously? 'if he loves you he will help you'?

smh - it's shameful.

@op I really hope you get the right legal advice - maybe if you google child support in Nigeria or so you'll find a starting point at least. Also there should be independent organisations or charities that can help you with little or no charge.

The borrowed money (which he owes and should pay) aside, you do need to try and find a way to support yourself and your child. Sounds like your babies daddy isn't one to be relied on. I know employment is hard back home, you really have to start assuming you will be solely responsible. I pray you get the help you need I really feel for you.
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by qeemus: 9:54pm On Feb 15, 2015
Bastard | Define Bastard at Dictionary.com

a person born of unmarried parents; an illegitimate child. 2. Slang. a vicious, despicable, or thoroughly disliked person:.

Bastardry - Bastardize - Bastard file - Bastard-saw

dictionary.reference.com/../bastard
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by KanwuliaJara: 9:54pm On Feb 15, 2015
When you decided to CARRY BELLE, you for tink all dis wan na!
HABA!
Like ma mama dey tell us:
If woman carry belle born, na she get the pickin.
Man na SPERM-DONOR only!
Simple! kiss

*case dismissed*
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:54pm On Feb 15, 2015
simplemach:
must u attribute it to 'some men' why not just provide just the advice she asked for and leave the mem to rest.
Yes, I must attribute it to some men
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2015
queensmith:
omg. . . . . .'why didn't you use postinor' and 'find another man'?? Seriously? 'if he loves you he will help you'?

smh - it's shameful.

@op I really hope you get the right legal advice - maybe if you google child support in Nigeria or so you'll find a starting point at least. Also there should be independent organisations or charities that can help you with little or no charge.

The borrowed money (which he owes and should pay) aside, you do need to try and find a way to support yourself and your child. Sounds like your babies daddy isn't one to be relied on. I know employment is hard back home, you really have to start assuming you will be solely responsible. I pray you get the help you need I really feel for you.

*Screaming*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Queensmith?? Like the queensmith??!!!!!!!

Girrrl!!! You have been missed! Hope you're back for real! What an awesome surprise cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by enomakos(m): 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2015
[quote
author=BeeBeeOoh post=30695827] I need color of d house, wich kind
motor hin dey ryt & d color, how hin dey physically(short or tall,
fat or slim). Infact, giv me beta description of him so d tonda no go
miss target..[/quote]oversabi wetin concern you?no let that thunder strike you instead

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? / Nigerian Identical Twin Grandmas Slay In Matching Outfits (Photos) / Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.