Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,594 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council (23330 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban / Benin Kingdom Vs Yoruba Race: Why Oba Of Benin Is Number One, By Odia Ofeimun / Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by ammanison1: 6:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
The Oba of Benin, Oba Erediauwa, has dismissed the rumour that he had passed on.

The speculation on the monarch’s demise had gone viral on the Internet on Friday morning.

The rumour also intensified with the claim that the Oba did not personally receive President Goodluck Jonathan, during his February 4 presidential rally in Benin, the Edo State capital‎.

But the Benin Traditional Council, told our correspondent on Friday evening that it was a mere speculation, which had been on for over six months and lacked truth.

The Secretary to the council, Mr. Frank Irabor, explained that it was the responsibility of the council to issue a formal statement, if such a development did occur.

He said, “They have been peddling that rumour for more than a year now, because the Oba has not been coming out.

“If there is anything like that, there is usually a statement from the palace or from the Benin Traditional Council.”

Although the spokesperson did not specify whether or not the Oba was hale and hearty, he said that inability of the President Jonathan to see the monarch, when he visited the palace, did not give credence to his rumoured death.

“The fact that he has not been coming out, even when the President came last week, does not mean that there is anything like that‎.”

“I don’t bother about rumours. I believe in getting information from the authentic source. For more than six months, they have been carrying the rumour,” he added.

http://www.punchng.com/news/oba-of-benin-is-alive-traditional-council/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by SeverusSnape(m): 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2015
What?! shocked
Apostle suleiman's prophesy at risk.
Thank goodness I didn't believe the news.

9 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by temitemi1(m): 6:51pm On Feb 13, 2015
Make everybody take back their RIP ooo! Dem talk sey baba still dey enjoy benin breeze oooo!!!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Fatban(m): 6:52pm On Feb 13, 2015
I just hope I wont come back here again to sey RIP o.I still dey wait for doyin okupe's side of d story

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by ChinemeOkpan: 6:54pm On Feb 13, 2015
That is how these bloggers spread false news.

Long live the Great Oba of Benin

9 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by dgr8truth(m): 6:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
I don tell am RIP before. Ok since them say he never die, RIP in advance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by kessluvall(f): 7:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
Thank God.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Misogynist2014(m): 7:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
Bad news.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Sijo01(f): 7:01pm On Feb 13, 2015
Oba ghato okpere, iseeeeeeeeee.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by brightology3: 7:01pm On Feb 13, 2015
Apostle johnson suleman prophercy comes 2 mind.

Anyway it is well.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by englishmart(m): 7:01pm On Feb 13, 2015
something close to death must have happened to him to deserve such rumours

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by kekakuz(m): 7:02pm On Feb 13, 2015
that's how they carried rumors around say $40billion dey miss mshewwwww

all this useless APC people self

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by DrPrickson: 7:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
Wonderful. After posting RIP finish.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Patangela: 7:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
Na wao
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by oluwafemi113(m): 7:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
I was here
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Odunharry(m): 7:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
Thank God.......GOD WIN

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
Oba gha tok pe e! Ise!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by azimibraun: 7:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
Doyin never talk o! FFK never ask for death certificate o! I dey wait for them.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by kelnas(m): 7:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
There is always a little fact in every rumor being spread about!!!!. Who do we trust?
But according to the tradition of Benin kingdom, only the palace official has the legal right to pronounce de Oba dead. For now the Oba of Benin still lives.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by jamoskky(m): 7:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
He should add Iku Babayeye to His title. Long live Oba of Benin.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by meshacha1: 7:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
I never hear say em Don die b4 more or less saying he is life.
Abeg e get when em been die?

Anyway I wish him long life.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Aigbebemen1(m): 7:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
Na so oba first take dey stay inside b4? Make una just tell us d truth abi he go evil forest?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by sparkleRed(f): 7:07pm On Feb 13, 2015
Since wen I dey 300level na I'm dem don dey kill d Oba 4 social network dey come...make una allow d Oba die @ God's appointed tym eee

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Onozboy(m): 7:07pm On Feb 13, 2015
E nr consine me
grin
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Lindx93(f): 7:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
Live video of oba disclosing the rumour or adonbilivit

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by haymoney01(m): 7:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
Fatban:
I just hope I wont come back here again to sey RIP o.I still dey wait for doyin okupe's side of d story
I prefer lai mohammed. Dat okupe can lie 4 africa
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
[size=20pt]CRAMJONES IS ABOUT TO SACKED, KINDLY COMMENT AND LIKE HIS POST TO SAVE CRAMJONES

LET US SAVE CRAMJONES![/size]

-CRAMJONES

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by moderatorr1: 7:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
prophet suleminan has been a fore front of them rumours
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by demelza: 7:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
Nairaland has lost its credibility.
Fake news everywhere
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Eluwilussit(m): 7:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
30 days things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How to know a genuine babalawo / Dallas Has Officially Declared October 7, 2023 As Yoruba Festival Day / 15 Weird Laws Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.