Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago (30828 Views)

Cheating Nigerian Wife Threatens A Man Who Said Men Should Do DNA Test / Oyinbo Man And His Nigerian Wife In Lovely Photo / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by ArewaSweetheart(f): 5:42pm On Feb 14, 2015
ileobatojo:

Yeah, this really breaks my heart. Really. I mean, how can my life possibly go on now that I know you don't like me?

Lol, really hilarious response cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 14, 2015
CFCfan:

He would likely get more than that, even though it wasn't premeditated murder.

His lawyer should have fought to make his charge a manslaughter by accepting he did it but didn't plan to
Why all the blatant lies
That may make the judge and jury angry

1 Like

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 14, 2015
cold:
I honestly can't judge the hubby's action. Trying to walk a mile in his shoes. If i discover my only child of 20 years turns out not to be my biological child,it would take some major restraint not to do something mental. Don't even want to think about it. Reason why i must always insist on a dna from birth. You never can tell
Way to go Sire. Women you've got the memo. If this is what it'll take to put the fear of God in you and keep y'all reigned in, then so be it. Tired of all these nonsense.
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2015
Fulaman198:

In America most likely, being a Nigerian doesn't help his case either.
His foreign accent may be helpful because most Americans regard folks that speak proper English with a foreign accent.
However, the likes of the NAACP and other Black interest groups won't make a big deal out of his case because of his status as an immigrant, not an African-American. Most if these Black civil rights' groups are more concerned about the plight of AAs - the direct descendants of slaves.
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 14, 2015
babyosisi:

His lawyer should have fought to make his charge a manslaughter by accepting he did it but didn't plan to
Why all the blatant lies
Exactly. Sometimes, lawyers lose the plot when it comes to tactics.
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 14, 2015
CFCfan:

Exactly. Sometimes, lawyers lose the plot when it comes to tactics.

Nothing against your colleagues,his lawyer is Nigeria too
Maybe an Oyibo would have told him point blank to plead guilty to a lesser charge
A woman is soaked in blood on her bed and a bloody bat and bloody knife in the corner and they want people to believe it was a heart attack?
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
babyosisi:

Nothing against your colleagues,his lawyer is Nigeria too
Anyway, if the defendant is convicted, he could get a new defense team to file an appeal. Then, his new defense team could argue that their client should have been convicted of manslaughter which could carry a much lighter sentence.
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by freecocoa(f): 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2015
In as much as I don't encourage or support violence, I don't know what I'd have done if I was this man.

Like how can some women be so evil?

2 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 14, 2015
tpiah11:
Babyosisi is really keeping tabs on this family.
grin grin
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by cap28: 6:53pm On Feb 14, 2015
babyosisi:

Below is the newspaper story I read when this case came out
Friendly ,outgoing and hardworking family man with no record of domestic violence
So I have no clue where your story is coming from
If he beat his wife his neighbors would know
Confrontational cam mean anything,you argue with a neighbor who let his dog into your yard,or ask them to stop their kids from walking on your lawn,that could be termed confrontation.

The fact that he had no record of domestic abuse with the police does not mean that he was not abusing his wife behind closed doors. Victims of domestic abuse are known to keep the abuse secret for years as many feel embarrassed to let third parties know that their picture perfect marriage is just a pretense.

It is possible for a woman to be physically abused without neighbours knowing , a slap or kick given randomly behind closed doors may not necessarily escalate into a full blown beating which would attract the attention of neighbours.

I read about this story on a website for Nigerians in the US and a few people commenting knew the couple and attested that the man was very abusive towards her, they also stated that his story about her cheating was made up in order to get him to avoid the death penalty, (penalty for first degree murder in the state of Florida) when I find the link i'll post it for you.

6 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
cap28:

The fact that he had no record of domestic abuse with the police does not mean that he was not abusing his wife behind closed doors. Victims of domestic abuse are known to keep the abuse secret for years as many feel embarrassed to let third parties know that their picture perfect marriage is just a pretense.

It is possible for a woman to be physically abused without neighbours knowing , a slap or kick given randomly behind closed doors may not necessarily escalate into a full blown beating which would attract the attention of neighbours.

I read about this story on a website for Nigerians in the US and a few people commenting knew the couple and attested that the man was very abusive towards her, they also stated that his story about her cheating was made up in order to get him to avoid the death penalty, (penalty for first degree murder in the state of Florida) when I find the link i'll post it for you.

The bold is pretty correct and is a fact...... cool

4 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by tpiah99: 7:09pm On Feb 14, 2015
babyosisi:
Hopefully these neighbors will testify to his true character and help his sentencing
What he did was very wrong but I believe he deserves a lighter sentence
10 years max IMHO

Who are you referring to?
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by cap28: 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2015
babyosisi:

Why all the blatant lies

He had the option of taking his family friend's advice and going to a hotel to "cool down" but instead he went back to the house knowing full well that she would be there and that an altercation was likely to ensue.

Upon reaching the house an argument ensued, did he walk away? No, he stayed and bashed her over the head with a baseball bat and then stabbed her several times - does that sound like his actions were not premeditated?

4 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by cococandy(f): 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2015
HerexG:

You appear intelligible to me, far above the average Naija babe
thank you smiley

2 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by soulglo: 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2015
babyosisi:

But nne if you hear the full gist,the woman did him wrong
The man found out their only child and son was fathered by her lover in Nigeria that she had kept in touch with for all 20 years and she was planning to leave him for the man.
A respectable pharmacist,the man snapped

So what? He can blame his culture that insist on a woman having a baby before you marry her. He obviously is unable to father a child but in Ngeria it is always a woman's issue. There's no excuse to kill someone. He could have moved on but he chose to kill her instead. He should rot in jail.

4 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 14, 2015
soulglo:

So what? He can blame his culture that insist on a woman having a baby before you marry her.
He obviously is unable to father a child but in Ngeria it is always a woman's issue. There's no excuse to kill someone. He could have moved on but he chose to kill her instead. He should rot in jail.

Is that a Yoruba culture?
Really?
Never heard that.i thought it was personal to people not cultural
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by soulglo: 7:51pm On Feb 14, 2015
babyosisi:

Is that a Yoruba culture?
Really?
Never heard that.i thought it was personal to people not cultural

I know many Yoruba people in the US who have gone that route. I think it's certain parts. I can't speak for all Yorubas
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by cap28: 8:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
[b] United States Based Nigerian Men Are Killing Their Wives: A Case Study

Written by Ken Agu
Monday, 12 July 2010 05:55
Case 1: Barely a month ago , the internet was abuzz with the story of a Nigerian Pharmacist who killed his wife. Olufemi Oladapo Ademoye, 52, ran out of his house at 8615 Villa Largo Drive in north Tampa at 9:50 a.m. and asked a neighbor to call 911. He said his wife, Juliet Ademoye, had a heart attack, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. But when deputies and rescue crews arrived, they found that the master bedroom and bathroom were covered in blood. Deputies also determined that an aluminum baseball bat was covered with her blood. Juliet Ademoye, 53, was pronounced dead by Hillsborough County Fire Rescue.

Before that was Michael Iheme.

Case 2: On Thursday, July 24, 2008, a 50-year old Nigerian man Michael Collins Iheme shot and killed his 28-year old estranged wife, Anthonia Iheme. Iheme reportedly placed an emergency call to the police after allegedly killing his wife. He was quoted as having told policemen on arrival at the scene of the murder that he had “killed the woman that messed my life up, a woman that destroyed me.”

Eye witnesses said Anthonia was shot as she left work at the Sholom Home West, an assisted-living centre.

Iheme fired at the vehicle. Anthonia’s car then lurched forward, clipped a van, jumped a kerb and rolled down a hill into a fence. Iheme was said to have followed the car down the hill and fired more shots at the car.
When Iheme was arrested at the scene, a semi-automatic handgun was found near his car, police said. The police also found a gun permit inside the car.

Police also said that an hour and a half before the shooting, Iheme went to the day-care centre for their children and left a new emergency contact information, “in case something happened today.”

Case 3: A Nigerian woman was found murdered in a Burtonsville, Maryland, U.S. home she lived with her husband Chidiebere Omenihu and three children. Police responding to a report of an unconscious woman, found the lifeless body of 36-year-old Chidiebere Omenihu Ochulo around 2:30 a.m at their home. There was no sign of her 41-year-old husband, Kelechi Charles Emeruwa and their three children. Mr. Emeruwa was seen washing a blood stained knife according to unconfirmed reports. He was believed to have fled the city with the children.

Police on failing to locate Mr. Emeruwa and the children at their home, commenced a manhunt for the suspect and issued an Amber Alert on the missing children. Amber Alert is a U.S. voluntary partnership program between law-enforcement agencies, broadcasters, and transportation agencies to activate an urgent bulletin in the most serious child-abduction cases. Broadcasters use the Emergency Alert System (EAS) to air a description of the abducted child and suspected abductor.

Police arrested the suspect, 41-year-old Kelechi Charles Emeruwa, on a first-degree murder warrant in the death of his wife. The children were unharmed and taken into custody by police.

Case 4: Mr. Theophilius Ojukwu who is now serving a life sentence in Texas for killing his wife Melvina , allegedly fled to a hotel in Mesquite, a Texan city, with his four children, and called police informing them of the incident. Mr. Ojukwu was arrested that evening and remanded in custody at Lew Sterrett Justice Center.
[/b]

http://intimateviolencedeathnews..co.uk/2010/07/tampa-fl-united-states-based-nigerian.html
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by cap28: 8:37pm On Feb 14, 2015
Apparently he wasn't such a good neighbour after all, he is accused of behaving in a threatening way by his white neighbours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZazrhmQ1ktM

1 Like

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Notyourb1tch(f): 8:51pm On Feb 14, 2015
It's the kids I pity the most. Their lives will never be the same again smdh
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
cap28:
Apparently he wasn't such a good neighbour after all, he is accused of behaving in a threatening way by his white neighbours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZazrhmQ1ktM

l know it can be disheartening to be in his kind of situation but he should have taken to his friends advice by not going back home, wife dead and him on 25years sentence, what a terrible situation .......l feel for the son.... angry
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 14, 2015
ArewaSweetheart:

Lol, really hilarious response cheesy

My dear, you just have to toy with these types instead of bothering with their tripe. Imagine someone supporting the bludgeoning to death of a (non criminal) woman trying to talk to me about empathy.

5 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by cap28: 9:19pm On Feb 14, 2015
shinejackie:

l know it can be disheartening to be in his kind of situation but he should have taken to his friends advice by not going back home, wife dead and him on 25years sentence, what a terrible situation .......l feel for the son.... angry

His neighbours say he had difficulty controlling his temper, therefore he should have done everything humanly possible to keep from going to the house until he had got his anger under control.

He is likely to spend the rest of his life in prison as the 25 year sentence is the minimum that he is likely to get.

Very sad - I feel for the teenage son.
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 14, 2015
cap28:

His neighbours say he had difficulty controlling his temper, therefore he should have done everything humanly possible to keep from going to the house until he had got his anger under control.

He is likely to spend the rest of his life in prison as the 25 year sentence is the minimum that he is likely to get.

Very sad - I feel for the teenage son.

That is really pathetic, what the wife did was wrong but 2wrongs does not make a right,like you said and other posters, he should have not gone back home,l am sure he will be regretting his actions now... 25years x 365 = 9,125days behind bars... angry
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by tpiah99: 9:37pm On Feb 14, 2015
if babyosisi has her way, he'll be out in ten years or less.

and ripe for marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Fulaman198(m): 10:41pm On Feb 14, 2015
CFCfan:

His foreign accent may be helpful because most Americans regard folks that speak proper English with a foreign accent.
However, the likes of the NAACP and other Black interest groups won't make a big deal out of his case because of his status as an immigrant, not an African-American. Most if these Black civil rights' groups are more concerned about the plight of AAs - the direct descendants of slaves.

I don't know about that man, the NAACP stood by the Fulani guy, Amadou Diallo's parents when he was murdered for no reason in 1999/2000.

2 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by HerexG(m): 12:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
kiss
cococandy:
thank you smiley

You are welcome dear kiss
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Moana(f): 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
He should have pleaded guilty if its really true that she made him raise another men's child.
He was gonna get a lesser sentence, what did he gain from pleading not guilty and lying about the way she died? undecided he was looking for the harsh sentence for himself

1 Like

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
cap28:

Very true.

Studies on domestic abuse reveal that the following traits in men indicate that they are likely to go on to become physically abusive to their wives or girlfriends:

jealousy
controlling behaviour
wanting to commit to a relationship without getting to know the person properly
unrealistic expectations
isolation of the victim
blaming the victim for their problems
hypersensitive attitude
not showing compassion or empathy to children or any vulnerable group
forcing the victim to have s.ex when the victim is not in the mood
being verbally abusive
Jekyll and Hyde personality type
Oga oo, you are wrong with the "jealousy" and " wanting to commit without getting to know the person" part of your post.
True lovers exhibit some level of jealousy. Though some people pretend they are not jealous, it is only those with multiple partners or who ain't really into their partners that ain't jealous.

Thank you!
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by cap28: 4:36pm On Feb 15, 2015
donpeey22:
Oga oo, you are wrong with the "jealousy" and " wanting to commit without getting to know the person" part of your post.
True lovers exhibit some level of jealousy. Though some people pretend they are not jealous, it is only those with multiple partners or who ain't really into their partners that ain't jealous.

Thank you!

Maybe I should have expanded a bit more on the jealousy point and I agree that everyone shows some degree of jealousy when they care for someone. I am actually talking about irrational and extreme jealousy that usually leads to violence. Men who exhibit this kind of behaviour do so not out of love but out of their need to control their victim , so their motivation is very selfish.
Also men who rush into marrying women they barely know are not usually doing it out of love as you can not love someone you do not know, they are usually doing it for an ulterior motive that is likely to only become known to the victim when it might be too late or too embarrassing for the victim to back out of the relationship.

4 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by cap28: 11:08pm On Feb 15, 2015
[b]Latest on how Nigerian pharmacist killed wife in Florida
♦ Wife's face was battered with baseball bat
♦ Victim's family allege long history of domestic abuse.
♦ Plus details of hubby's family secrets

By Wasiu Sodeinde and Olusesan Ekisola

More facts are now emerging on the family secret history of the Nigerian pharmacist, Olufemi Ademoye who allegedly beat his wife of 18 years to death with baseball bat on June 16 in Tampa Bay, Florida.

A family member of the deceased wife who pleaded for anonymity, told African Outlook that the accused killer may have been haunted by a dark family secret of domestic violence.

The source revealed that the alleged killer had two older brothers who lived in Nigeria. "The first wife of his first brother ran away from her matrimonial home because of incessant battering by her husband while another brother of his was killed by his wife during a fight" the source said, adding that the wife of the deceased brother hit him on the head with a television set in self defence during a domestic fight.

The source also alleged that the accused husband was well known for beating his late wife, Mrs Juliet Lanre Ademoye even during simple arguments.

"Lanre told us (family members) that she was terrified of living with her husband and she moved out of the family house and went to Nigeria sometime early this year" the source hinted, while adding that the late wife did not want to come back to the United States but for the immigration interview she had.

"She was scheduled to attend an immigration interview in the US, that was why she came back" the source said, hinting also that the wife had lived in the US for 17 years as a political refugee. "She had filed for asylum and had come to regularize her papers when she met her untimely death " the source added.

Commenting on the allegation of infidelity labeled against the deceased wife by the family friends who had earlier broken the story to African Outlook, the source said that the allegations were baseless.

"The man is paranoid about people having an affair with his wife, he does not even trust his own friends around his wife. He is very domineering, jealous and highly insecure" the family member added.

On whether the paternity of the only son of the marriage was ever in doubt , the source hinted that the alleged killer went for the DNA test of the son about four years ago "but the result was inconclusive" he said, adding that there was no truth in the African Outlook's earlier story that the pharmacist was not the biological father of the son whom the source claimed is 16 years old, not 17 as earlier reported by the African Outlook.

The source also stated further that the house in which the family lived had been broken into. " I drove past the crime scene yesterday, I saw that the house has been broken into" the source added, hinting that the Odunikan (the wife's) family had decided to give the late Mrs. Ademoye a befitting burial on August 7 in California.

When asked to comment on whether any member of the wife's family had had the opportunity to talk to the accused, the source who was at the court hearing in Florida last Thursday stated that the accused person did not show up at his first hearing " I thought he would show up and I told the police they should let me see him and ask why he could be so heartless as to batter my sister's face beyond recognition with a baseball bat" the source lamented urging that the accused deserved the capital punishment for his action.

African Outlook tried in vain to get family members of the accused or his lawyer to comment on the matter. The cousin of the accused, one Babatunde Ademoye of London who claimed that he spent Christmas with the couple in Tampa in 2003, refused to respond to our emails but he did post a message on his Facebook page on July 14 that says it all 'Anger and rage can really bring disaster and destruction, just realized this.' he wrote.
[/b]

http://www.africanoutlookonline.com/index.php/crime/609-560

1 Like

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by soulglo: 11:59pm On Feb 15, 2015
It seems even when these women leave their lives are still in danger. One of them was already divorced and he hunted her down. This lady was already on her way out. She should have lodged in a hotel. The one who got killed last year had lived out of town in school. It was when she came back she was murdered. I hope mothers are watching these threads closely. The atmosphere you choose to remain in and raise your children is their foundation for the future. I also know of families where every single man beats their wives. It really is a learned behavior in most cases

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Need A Strong Advice Concerning My Sister Who Maltreated My Wife / Video Of Nigerian Woman Expressing Her Joy As She Becomes A Mrs / Mrs. Bernadette Chidi has been found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.