Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack (17282 Views)

No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima / Gombe Under Heavy Attack / Gombe Under Attack. Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by staggerman(m): 9:25am On Feb 14, 2015
I just got a call from a friend in Gombe state about terrorists attacking Gombe state right now. He said civilians are on the run, as well as security operatives.
I've been calling his number to hear more details but he's not picking up.

Anyone in Gombe to confirm this news?

[
b]Gombe under Boko Haram attack[/b]

Gombe, the capital of Gombe state, is under attack by Boko Haram terrorists.
The insurgents, according to witnesses from Gombe, are currently being repelled by soldiers some three kilometres away from the town.
A source from Gombe, Mallam Hassan, told PREMIUM TIMES on phone that “we’ve all rushed back to our homes now. our town is under attack; we heard that Boko Haram terrorists, in their hundreds, are trying to invade the town”.
“Everywhere is quiet now, but the sounds of shooting and explosion is deafening. We hear the soldiers are battling to stop them”.
Another resident of the town said the sect members are engaged in exchange of fire with a combined team of Nigerian military and mobile police force in Linji village, on the outskirts of Gombe.
A resident, Ahmed Hamza, told PREMIUM TIMES that some young men from Dadin Kowa town earlier informed him that the sect members ‎are attacking their town.
“We can hear sounds of gunshots from a distance and everybody has gone indoors now,” he said.
Another source who declined to be named for security reasons also said the insurgents headed towards the Army Barracks along Dadin Kowa road when the Nigerian Army troop engaged them while a detachment of mobile police officers provided back up.
The spokesperson of the Police in the state, Fwaje Atajiri, could not be reached for comments at time of this report.
The Boko Haram terrorist group has repeatedly attacked the town bombing bus stations and other locations.
Saturday’s attack is coming less than two weeks after a suicide bomber struck in the city shortly after President Goodluck Jonathan campaigned.
Mr. Jonathan was in Gombe for a rally that February 2, when a female suicide bomber struck shortly after the campaign train departed.
The female suicide bomber and a passerby died in the attack, while six persons were injured, the police said at the time.
In December, the Nigerian military said it killed 67 of the insurgents, who, in a convoy of over 30 vehicles and motorcycles, were on a mission to capture Ashaka, another Gombe town, the host community of Ashaka Cement Plant, were
The defence headquarters, which admitted losing 10 soldiers in the battle, said troops got intelligence report on their mission and laid ambush for them.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/176828-gombe-under-boko-haram-attack.html

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by XketchDesigns(m): 9:34am On Feb 14, 2015
It's true, they entered since morining.
Gun shots I swear!

In gombe town!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by ejikechibuzor(m): 9:51am On Feb 14, 2015
ya its tru. just got a call from my bro. But i strongly believe in God and our military. Gombe can never fall to boko haram. God bless the NA.

11 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by LordMecuzy(m): 9:53am On Feb 14, 2015
in God we trust

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 14, 2015
OMG!!! God help us...Strengthen the army

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 14, 2015
OMG!!! God help us...Strengthen the Nigerian army

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Ngasky(m): 9:58am On Feb 14, 2015
Never Ending things
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by staggerman(m): 10:02am On Feb 14, 2015
I just spoke with my friend again. He is a nairalander. I could hear sounds of gunshots in the background.
He reports that soldiers are on the run. Chaos everywhere
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 14, 2015
boko are rams.. what do we do to rams?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Handsomeemmy(m): 10:07am On Feb 14, 2015
staggerman:
I just spoke with my friend again. He is a nairalander. I could hear sounds of gunshots in the background.
He reports that soldiers are on the run. Chaos everywhere
Soldiers on the Run? Nawa for una ooo, so your friend that hid under his mother's bed can see soldiers running outside, the Quest to discredit the military is ripe, anyway, may God protect you all.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by jorlons(m): 10:15am On Feb 14, 2015
This is the time I wished I was in the army to roast those mofos.

Great Nigerian army come on grow some balls

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Vikkie14: 10:19am On Feb 14, 2015
Handsomeemmy:

Soldiers on the Run? Nawa for una ooo, so your friend that hid under his mother's bed can see soldiers running outside, the Quest to discredit the military is ripe, anyway, may God protect you all.
you spoke my mind. So, only soldiers dey for gombe? Where are the police? That is their job, soldiers are meant for external aggression. They are only being deployed because they police force firepower cant match that of BH technicals. So, why the media war against the military? "Soldiers are running away"--- rubbish report.
I hope the Military PR are compiling the names of journalists(foreign and local) and their so called "sources" that are waging a media war against them. We have seen traitors hell bent on defaming, demoraling, and demoting our NA. Time for the Army PR to start giving photos and videos of their missiöns in the NE theatre so all these perfidious, venal, traitorous, disloyal, deceitful, obtuse, dull, unintelligent and stewpid elements can shut the hell up Forever.
No matter the foreign(esp western) media and local "traitor" media war on Nigeria Army, they are bound to suppress and overcome. Send so many BH technicals, it will just give them the opportunity to DECIMATE them. And to unpatriotic fellows here who are blinded by polictics, and you are either in support or symphatising with Anti Military goons, God WILL DECIDE FOR YOU YOUR FATE. remember: WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND.

#GodBlessNigerianArmy

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by baybeeboi: 10:25am On Feb 14, 2015
it's okay
let the fools do their time.
The creator is watching patiently.
say no to violence
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Kennywills7(m): 10:39am On Feb 14, 2015
That guy dat says d soldiers are running is it a movie dat he is watching?
because in real life wen u hear d sound of gun shot u run to save ur life not minding who is running or not
People should stop dis war of downgrading our NA
Its not gud, it kills d moral of dis soldiers
I dont know wot d media stand to gain in dis

27 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by walemoney007(m): 10:58am On Feb 14, 2015
S.

5 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 14, 2015
This report did not say soldiers are running:

Gombe, the capital of
Gombe state, is under
attack by Boko Haram
terrorist.
The insurgents,
according to witnesses
from Gombe, are
currently being repelled
by soldiers some three
kilometres away from
the town.
A source from Gombe,
Mallam Hassan, told
PREMIUM TIMES on
phone that “we’ve all
rushed back to our
homes now. our town is
under attack; we heard
that Boko Haram
terrorists, in their
hundreds, are trying to
invade the town”.
“Everywhere is quiet
now, but the sounds of
shooting and explosion
is deafening. We hear
the soldiers are battling
to stop them”.
The Boko Haram
terrorist group has
repeatedly attacked the
town bombing bus
stations and other
locations.
Saturday’s attack is
coming less than two
weeks after a suicide
bomber struck in the
city shortly after
President Goodluck
Jonathan campaigned.
Mr. Jonathan was in
Gombe for a rally that
February 2, when a
female suicide bomber
struck shortly after the
campaign train
departed.
The female suicide
bomber and a passerby
died in the attack, while
six persons were
injured, the police said
at the time.
In December, the
Nigerian military said it
killed 67 of the
insurgents, who, in a
convoy of over 30
vehicles and
motorcycles, were on a
mission to capture
Ashaka, another Gombe
town, the host
community of Ashaka
Cement Plant, were
The defence headquarters, which
admitted losing 10 soldiers in the
battle, said troops got intelligence
report on their mission and laid
ambush for them.
Details later…

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/176828-gombe-under-boko-haram-attack.html

6 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by babs01(m): 11:02am On Feb 14, 2015
what if today is election day?

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by staggerman(m): 11:07am On Feb 14, 2015
Fighter jets are said to have been deployed in Gombe state against the terrorists.

For those screaming about soldiers running, I've seen soldiers make brave stand against enemies, and I've seen soldiers flee and pull their uniforms during militants attack in Niger delta few years ago.

3 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 11:12am On Feb 14, 2015
Jonathan's soldiers are attacking Gombe in other to give credence to his arguement about election postponment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by xest(m): 11:13am On Feb 14, 2015
There is calm now,no more gun shots again. Some ppl are returning back to there homes,but me am still on top of mountain were am hiding until everything is calm. God help us all.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by osamaBUSH(m): 11:23am On Feb 14, 2015
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
Jonathan's soldiers are attacking Gombe in other to give credence to his arguement about election postponment
which brand of noodles dey ur head

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by mastercee(m): 12:10pm On Feb 14, 2015
Six weeks they said!

We are waiting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
What can we do,other than to pray for em.

1 Like

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by jayseehe(m): 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
Counting down to 6 weeks...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by UrennaNkoli(f): 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
[size=15pt]Let's hope all these will die down soon.... Afterall, Jonathan told us to give his boko boys 6 weeks to claim as many lives as possible before he finally surrender power. Pls stay safe Gombe state.[/size]

Soon everything will be over on march 28 when change finally occur.

[size=18pt]Nigeria Will get there[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Lordseyad(m): 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
Bauer -- you copy that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Bonapart(m): 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
May God save the people of Nigeria
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Tic4tac(m): 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2015
Hmm
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Vikkie14: 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2015
Lousy element saying our soldiers are running. I dont blame them, they are carrying out the work of their paymaster(s). Godspeed Nigerian Army. Happy Valentine Nigerian Military"

3 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Bonapart(m): 12:13pm On Feb 14, 2015
Lordseyad:
Bauer -- you copy that?
bauer (actor no dey real life my brother)
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by mcdokwe(m): 12:13pm On Feb 14, 2015
We will beat them. UP NA
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by floxyluv80(f): 12:13pm On Feb 14, 2015
I pray 4 divine protection & preservation 4 all in Jesus' name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Strikes Out Forgery Suit Against Saraki, Ekweremadu / Photos From Agip Oil Pipeline Explosion That Killed 3 People In Bayelsa / Budget Scandal: APC Summons Jibrin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.