Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,012 members, 7,799,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Tolerate: A Caricature Of Jesus - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tolerate: A Caricature Of Jesus (477 Views)

The Caricature Of A Lonely Heart (A Novel By Shoefreak) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tolerate: A Caricature Of Jesus by Kevdee4reel(m): 7:21pm On Feb 14, 2015
First, Open link to see distorted Image of Jesus

http://olisakevin..com/2015/02/tolerate-caticature-of-jesus.html?m=1

I came across this picture online. A caricature of Jesus Christ, the son of God. A God. My God.

I didn't attack, I didn't antagonise, I didn't kill. My disregard to incite any type of reprisal doesn't mean I show headlessness to my religion, I love my religion. I tolerate.

After the Charlie Hebdo incident in France weeks ago, we witnessed report of violence, killings and churches burnt in Niger. This isn't the first time such spiral of inferno, from someone in Europe, has spread across continents with loss of lives in Africa.

Killing is never simultaneously equivocal to defamation of religious characters. It must stop. I think some fundamental issues in Islam must be addressed. This is the truth many are afraid to say.

The pathetic reality is that people will be people. Defamation of religious characters may never cease. Some people lack a deep grip of the dexterity, composition and importance of religion to the religious; yet, we must tolerate their insolence. Tolerate.

Regardless of religion, and the different degrees of sensitivity, we must learn to swallow rants meted out to obscure our religion, not kill, antagonise or attack. Tolerate.

Religion is often regarded to as an opium of the people but I indulge us to learn to overcome the toxicity of such opium and learn to develop resistance. Tolerate.

I hope that somehow, we may find a way to live in peace, love and tolerance regardless of the recalcitrant insolence, jab and aspersions directed at our beliefs; whatever our beliefs, agnostic, theist or atheist.Tolerate.

The sensitivity of any religion should never be an excuse to kill. Tolerate.

People, respect religion.
People, respect lives.
People, tolerate.
Bless.

@olis123kel

http://olisakevin..com/2015/02/tolerate-caticature-of-jesus.html?m=1

Kindly open the link to see the distorted image of a Jesus

(1) (Reply)

2015 Nairaland Pen-man Writing Collaboration / Lets Start Over / Writing Fiction: 10 Ways To Keep Readers Hooked [1]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.