Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives - Family (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives (266343 Views)

Before you Interfere In Any Marital Scuffle. / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 5:17am On Jun 02, 2015
babyosisi:

I almost killed azubuike early this morning wallahi
Lol.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Bibol(f): 5:48am On Jun 02, 2015
ClassicQueen:
Hi all....nice thread ive been reading the pages for days now though i am not yet through. please i have an issue...

i will be meeting my Fiancee mum next Month for the first time he is frm south west and i am from South-south. I have spent five years of my life in the west i did my higher institution here and i stay in Lagos working but i understand Yoruba more than i can speak. He has told me alot about his mum and i know she dosnt understand English well but i am really looking forward to meeting her...i must confess i am shy and nervous at the same time i dunno how to go about it. I have met all his siblings just his mum i am yet to meet. The family seems nice they all love me i just hope the mum will love me too.

Please i want the women in the house to lecture me abit about the dos and dont, my dress code, behaviour, etc. smiley when i finally meet his mum.

Yes i know ppl from the west like respect a lot grin wink wink wink. Thanks

A gown should solve the dress code problem, don't stress it. Like someone said, its advisable you kneel down to greet her, usually a good mother in law will even lift you up before you reach the ground. Mine did. As for it not being a part of your culture, I do understand but doing it won't hurt and remember that once you marry a man, you marry into his family, his culture and every other thing that comes with him

If you can't buy her a fabric, you can get beverage or fruits. Just don't overdo it and be sure its something you can sustain as time goes on. Pack up your dishes when you finish eating and try to feel free. You will be fine
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 02, 2015
Thank you all for the advice... wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Leonidas1: 9:03am On Jun 02, 2015
i have a husband suit but i need a wife material
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by An0nimus: 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2015
veave:
Chai!

Ojigijigijigi....

Madam Efemenaxy biko take it easy, some are celibate others are fasting... grin grin grin
This post killed me gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by FOR1234(f): 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
arried women in d house.....please how do u cope with house chores,nursing ur baby, building a career, ur job and business......whoops all the aforementioned are sometimes killing,mostimes am on d move all day, gat to wake up as earlier as possible to prepare meal for my family and rush out again before 8am only to come back and resume home work.......d idea of getting a maid is out cos we have decided no third party.....is anyone in my shoes....how do u cope cos dis is affecting my family
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by bukatyne(f): 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
FOR1234:
arried women in d house.....please how do u cope with house chores,nursing ur baby, building a career, ur job and business......whoops all the aforementioned are sometimes killing,mostimes am on d move all day, gat to wake up as earlier as possible to prepare meal for my family and rush out again before 8am only to come back and resume home work.......d idea of getting a maid is out cos we have decided no third party.....is anyone in my shoes....how do u cope cos dis is affecting my family

What about your husband?

3 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by FOR1234(f): 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
bukatyne:

What about your husband?
. My husband.....he is fine....he helps with the baby only sometimes
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by bukatyne(f): 2:47pm On Jun 02, 2015
FOR1234:
. My husband.....he is fine....he helps with the baby only sometimes

Ok
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by bukatyne(f): 2:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
FOR1234:
married women in d house.....please how do u cope with house chores,nursing ur baby, building a career, ur job and business......whoops all the aforementioned are sometimes killing,mostimes am on d move all day, gat to wake up as earlier as possible to prepare meal for my family and rush out again before 8am only to come back and resume home work.......d idea of getting a maid is out cos we have decided no third party.....is anyone in my shoes....how do u cope cos dis is affecting my family

For your post,

You have job, do business, build career, chores and nurse you child and your husband seems not to be the helping type.

1. Job: What kind of job do you do? What is the distance between your house to work? Do you work weekends?

2. Business: What type of business is it? Can you combine with work e.g. selling stuffs...? Can it run without you? e.g. having a shop etc. or do you have to actively involved in it e.g. handcrafts?

3. Building career: What do you mean by this? Gaining experience in your job should already be a major way of building your career; do you mean certifications? Is your job different from your career path (e.g. you got a job randomly when searching; our Naija na wa)

4. Chores: Can you cook in bulk and store in the freezer? Get a washing machine to ease washing. Since you both are not open to a live-in maid, can you have someone clean maybe twice weekly?

5. Child: Does he/she go to the crèche? Is your work baby friendly? Do you have a nanny who comes daily?

Would like answers to the question

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2015
Herzumpther:
shocked shocked shocked

Wow.
Me tooo, was so surprised reading she's almost 20years in marriage. . We still be learners oo grin grin grin

The comments on that page fit make person rape her husband.. This thread just got sweeter grin

5 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
FOR1234:

Super woman. The Lord is your muscle.

I'll say, I'm having it pretty easy. My mum and MIL take turns to come care for our son. And I must say, they do an AMAZING job! They also help with breakfast and dinner sometimes. I do mostly bulk cooking which is usually fourth nightly.

We also hired a part time domestic help. She comes in thrice a week, does all the cleaning, washing, shopping, errands etc while keeping mama company too. grin

I do think you should look at available options to reduce your stress level so one doesn't pack up when needed most.

7 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Me tooo, was so surprised reading she's almost 20years in marriage. . We still be learners oo grin grin grin

The comments on that page fit make person rape her husband.. This thread just got sweeter grin
Honestly lol. I was almost pushed to taste but..... Chai cheesy

20 years, I'm still very surprise.

Ma'am EfemenaXY, when I grow up I will want to be like you.

2 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by adesbreath: 5:51pm On Jun 02, 2015
I don't know how to create a new handle... Pls can someone put me through.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by gleatz: 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2015
adesbreath:
I don't know how to create a new handle... Pls can someone put me through.

Simply open a new email address, then click on join nairaland, register with the new handle u ve got in mind with the new email adress since notification wud be sent to the email adrex. Then you are good to go.
Hope I was able to help

2 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by thorpido(m): 7:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
FOR1234:
Lady,if you have a husband who doesn't help much around the house,there is no way you won't need a help.
If you don't want a live-in househelp then get people who would come in to do the housecleaning.Also try to do bulk buying and cooking of food so your husband just does the warming.He should be able to take care of that.

Don't breakdown by trying to be a superwoman.

*you forgot to add that you still have to do bedroom service.

9 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Ngokafor(f): 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
FOR1234:

...oh dear!!!...this is too much!..

..how on earth do you think you can cope with nursing a baby,cooking and doing the chores,and trying to build a business/career...ALL ALONE without help?...no paid help or even relations to help out..

....apart from cooking in bulk and all that,getting a help that would clean the house at least thrice a week would suffice.
..Dont burn yourself out trying to be a superwoman,as you have observed,your tactics aint working and your home is suffering.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Shiningmama(f): 11:03am On Jun 03, 2015
fem29:

My dear, I applaud you Oo. I know how hard it is to leave your hubby in Nigeria, specially if he threatens to take your kids. I pray you are able to flourish under such negative circumstances. Try to make yourself happy despite such circumstances. Get some self help books, at least you know where you stand which is very important. Take your kids out, meet up with friends sometimes, go to the cinema, gym, country club etc, never cheat though. Just look forward to when your kids are a lot more grown and he cannot keep them away form you. If things have not improved by then you can leave him and who knows if you can still find love. Be happy, live and love your life, you only have 1, hugs

Thanks dear, God bless you real God.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2015
Shiningmama:

Thanks dear, God bless you real God.

Ur welcome hun, keep your head up, God bless
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
thorpido:
Lady,if you have a husband who doesn't help much around the house,there is no way you won't need a help.
If you don't want a live-in househelp then get people who would come in to do the housecleaning.Also try to do bulk buying and cooking of food so your husband just does the warming.He should be able to take care of that.

Don't breakdown by trying to be a superwoman.

*you forgot to add that you still have to do bedroom service.

The problem is, is there light to preserve cooked food for more than 1 day. Do they have a generator and fuel that can carry freezer.

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by thorpido(m): 2:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
fem29:

The problem is, is there light to preserve cooked food for more than 1 day. Do they have a generator and fuel that can carry freezer.
They should get a deep freezer if they can afford it.The deep freezer can keep food for days.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
thorpido:
They should get a deep freezer if they can afford it.The deep freezer can keep food for days.

Yes they probably have a deep freezer but Is there electricity

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by thorpido(m): 3:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
fem29:

Yes they probably have a deep freezer but Is there electricity
It shouldn't be so bad that they wouldn't have light once in three days.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by iwatch: 3:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
EfemenaXY:

This is so immature.

Learn to keep certain things private. Whatever happens outside Nairaland should remain firmly outside nland.
sorry if you see it that way but I don't see it as such. Abeg i dey fear my head biko. someone who has nothing to hide should have at least cleared himself with a much simpler reply. Since, he didn't honor the question, then it's not my fault. I wonder why one person would create an account without any prior into. I didn't feel comfortable that's why.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 3:33am On Jun 04, 2015
And madampinkoko deactivates
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by babygirlfl: 3:46am On Jun 04, 2015
Babymama1:
Hmm

Ohh No. Madampinkoko you have to come back pls.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by cococandy(f): 4:07am On Jun 04, 2015
Babymama1:
Hmm
really? angry

Na wa.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 04, 2015
cococandy:
really? angry
Na wa.
NL isn't for life. People have been leaving here everyday
Deactivation ain't that serious a deal.

3 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Wendy80(f): 8:19pm On Jun 05, 2015
EfemenaXY

Chai kim broke internet, Efe has destroyed it grin
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by veave(f): 9:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
As i dey so my body dey hot like fire. Anybody wey do anyhow e go shock. I go show am anyhow. Before you change am for me, I go change am for you 10 times. If you try nonsense you go collect. Mtchwwwww. Fear no dey catch you? My type of people dey una village? So make I chop your sh.iii.t becos sey na husband i dey fine. You never see anything, you dey look me like gentle geh because i dey sing for church. Just try yourself first. Try am.

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
veave:
As i dey so my body dey hot like fire. Anybody wey do anyhow e go shock. I go show am anyhow. Before you change am for me, I go change am for you 10 times. If you try nonsense you go collect. Mtchwwwww. Fear no dey catch you? My type of people dey una village? So make I chop your sh.iii.t becos sey na husband i dey fine. You never see anything, you dey look me like gentle geh because i dey sing for church. Just try yourself first. Try am.

Shuuuu! Who collect your chin chin na? grin
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by coogaluta(f): 10:08pm On Jun 05, 2015
veave:

Bro. Jeremiah is in trouble cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (121) (Reply)

Boys Night Out Discussions / My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.