Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives - Family (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives (266436 Views)

Before you Interfere In Any Marital Scuffle. / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 26, 2015
urchbarbie:
Chai. Nne. Been secretly waiting n hoping to hear d best of news from d sunday ish. Herz! Its high time u let lekan go. As Babyosisi said once, dere is no 1 particular man for u. Just hapu d tots of lekan, am sure someday uld look back n smile
That will be a difficult thing to do dear. cry cry

Biko hold me, I'm not happy at all.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2015
Let's not spoil this beautiful thread please.. there's no hard and fast rule to what a man/woman should do in a marriage, whatever suits each family....

3 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by urchbarbie(f): 4:28pm On Feb 26, 2015
Pls dont make me cry ;(((((<<herz>>wink)))
pls just tink of it as d best ok. Av got a frnd who her dad also refused her first intended. She cried loads. Today she is married to a better man, not just financially sound, he is responsible n more emotionally tuned to her.
Take is dat God is keeping u for someone better
Herzumpther:

cry
Herzumpther:

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
And finally he decided to talk after a long silence since Sunday. He is still saying No.

Cc: babyosisi
Bukatyne
Cococandy
Moca
Formarts...........

This is just 4 days,don't give up on Lekan .what were your dad's exact words
What does your mom say?
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
babyosisi:

This is just 4 days,don't give up on Lekan
What does your mom say?
Mum said I should relax. She said I should know that my father won't marry my husband for me and dad has lived his life so I should learn to live mine. She just kept telling me to stop crying and relax, that my father will come around with time.

Dad said he is just not comfortable with Yoruba people. I also called my uncle and he said dad is not in the position to choose for me and lakes looks and sounded genuine so I should stop crying and relax.

3 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 26, 2015
urchbarbie:
pls just tink of it as d best ok. Av got a frnd who her dad also refused her first intended. She cried loads. Today she is married to a better man, not just financially sound, he is responsible n more emotionally tuned to her.
Take is dat God is keeping u for someone better cry
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2015
urchbarbie:
Take is dat God is keeping u for someone better cry
Nne how will I start to even forget lakes? That's one impossible mission I can't accomplish.

No lakes, no Igbo man I swear. cry

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by urchbarbie(f): 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2015
Kai! Dis one strong o. Am sure u av put it in prayers. If its going to be mrs herz Lekan, God wld find a way for u nne. Dont cry inu?
Herzumpther:
Nne how will I start to even forget lakes? That's one impossible mission I can't accomplish.

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
Mum said I should relax. She said I should know that my father won't marry my husband for me and dad has lived his life so I should learn to live mine. She just kept telling me to stop crying and relax, that my father will come around with time.

Dad said he is just not comfortable with Yoruba people. I also called my uncle and he said dad is not in the position to choose for me and lakes looks and sounded genuine so I should stop crying and relax.

I agree with them
Let me ask you
Is Lekan ready to walk you down the aisle soon?
How soon
When does he hope you folks get married if all went as planned
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2015
urchbarbie:
Kai! Dis one strong o. Am sure u av put it in prayers. If its going to be mrs herz Lekan, God wld find a way for u nne. Dont cry inu?
The name fits me well o......OK I've heard you... That is if its possible to stop crying.

2 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2015
babyosisi:

I agree with them
Let me ask you
Is Lekan ready to walk you down the aisle soon?
How soon
When does he hope you folks get married if all went as planned
August.....once we complete our marriage course. We are yet to start but he wants it for august and catholic marriage course last for 6 months.

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 26, 2015
Herzumpther:

Aaaaah baby girl I've been waiting for the good news. Look at the positive you have your mum's support and uncle so listen to them and stay positive. I believe your dad will allow this union once he realises you are serious. Let the dust settle and have patience hun. Nothing worth having comes easy. I have a feeling your being tested. Your dad is testing your man and god is testing your love for him. Good things are coming. Be happy and stay positive. Your happiness is in my prayers. < Air hug>

4 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by johnjon: 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
Lmao
Comedy
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
August.....once we complete our marriage course. We are yet to start but he wants it for august and catholic marriage course last for 6 months.

You need to talk to your dad
Not now,not when you are emotional
what were his exact words when he spoke and what was your response
Your response is very critical
You need to give the right responses
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 26, 2015
Dimples192:

Aaaaah baby girl I've been waiting for the good news. Look at the positive you have your mum's support and uncle so listen to them and stay positive. I believe your dad will allow this union once he realises you are serious. Let the dust settle and have patience hun. Nothing worth having comes easy. I have a feeling your being tested. Your dad is testing your man and god is testing your love for him. Good things are coming. Be happy and stay positive. Your happiness is in my prayers. < Air hug>
Thanks dear. I pray dad changes his mind because we can't wait to became Mr and Mrs o. Just yesterday lakes called me his heartbeat. cry my mother talked about testing too but I was too busy crying to even hear her out. My daddy is hurting me real bad. cry
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 26, 2015
Even me sef don begin fall for Lekan kwa
Maybe I should start calling azubuike Lekan

4 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 26, 2015
babyosisi:

You need to talk to your dad
Not now,not when you are emotional
what were his exact words when he spoke and what was your response
Your response is very critical
You need to give the right responses
His exact words were Herz you can't marry that man because I'm not comfortable with the Yoruba's. I didn't say anything, I just left the room.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
His exact words were Herz you can't marry that man because I'm not comfortable with the Yoruba's. I didn't say anything, I just left the room.

Does your father listen to your priest?
You may have to go with Lekan and meet the priest
My fears in all this is that Lekan may resent your dad and rightly so for putting him through all this in the event you end up married down the line and that won't be good.
I advise you moderate the information you give Lekan
Not a word for word account of what your dad says,words can be painful
Don't demonize dad before him either

3 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by cococandy(f): 5:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
And finally he decided to talk after a long silence since Sunday. He is still saying No.

Cc: babyosisi
Bukatyne
Cococandy
Moca
Formarts...........
embarassed
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2015
babyosisi:

Does your father listen to your priest?
You may have to go with Lekan and meet the priest
My fears in all this is that Lekan may resent your dad and rightly so for putting him through all this and that won't be good.
Hmmm. He listens to his father a lot. Tomorrow we will go see my priest. Lakes is traving on Sunday and yes I'm standing firm, I'm not going to give this up.

3 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
Thanks dear. I pray dad changes his mind because we can't wait to became Mr and Mrs o. Just yesterday lakes called me his heartbeat. cry my mother talked about testing too but I was too busy crying to even hear her out. My daddy is hurting me real bad. cry
He is not babe trust me he's teaching you a lesson in love! You are very blessed to have such an amazing dad. He wants the best for you. This is a test for hubby cause daddy knows men talk and now he's waiting for action from this man. Your father sounds like a man's man so hubby has to man up and convince this man he is worthy of his princess. This is training him in how important you are and trust me once he gets you he won't mistreat you because he'll remember this lesson. Please let your dad do his thing. If hubby is worthy then it will be. Amen. Girl you got me all emosh grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by urchbarbie(f): 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2015
Nwanyi aaaaa ehn. Kai? Kedu ebe a muru gi? Ure just so funny. Sometimes i wonder if dere is a dull moment with u. Kpo ya lekan esp when u guys r in d throes of passion ma hu onweghi dwn in nigeria via bluetooth. Lolx
babyosisi:
Even me sef don begin fall for Lekan kwa
Maybe I should start calling azubuike Lekan

3 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by johnjon: 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2015
Herzumpther:

I don't get this. So your dad doesn't want you to marry a yoruba guy but he lives in a yoruba state. In short he is a tribalist and we don't need people like him in our land. If he hates yoruba people that much, he should move back to his village. Shikena

3 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
Hmmm. He listens to his father a lot. Tomorrow we will go see my priest. Lakes is traving on Sunday and yes I'm standing firm, I'm not going to give this up.

You have many positives
Go with Lekan and see the priest
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 26, 2015
Dimples192:

He is not babe trust me he's teaching you a lesson in love! You are very blessed to have such an amazing dad. He wants the best for you. This is a test for hubby cause daddy knows men talk and now he's waiting for action from this man. Your father sounds like a man's man so hubby has to man up and convince this man he is worthy of his princess. This is training him in how important you are and trust me once he gets you he won't mistreat you because he'll remember this lesson. Please let your dad do his thing. If hubby is worthy then it will be. Amen. Girl you got me all emosh grin
All this test for marriage? Is marriage this difficult? I will never forget all this till I die I tell you and even after marriage it won't leave my heart. To get married is hard o. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2015
babyosisi:

You have many positives
Go with Lekan and see the priest
OK. Thanks ma'am.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 26, 2015
johnjon:

I don't get this. So your dad doesn't want you to marry a yoruba guy but he lives in a yoruba state. In short he is a tribalist and we don't need people like him in our land. If he hates yoruba people that much, he should move back to his village. Shikena

I live in America and wouldn't want my child to marry an American but a Nigerian
What is wrong in that?
I should also move?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by urchbarbie(f): 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
Now, u just stop right dere. Dont start with calling someones dad names. He is only protecting his dota. Wat does living in d west av to do with dis issue? Na yoruba man born d pickin for am? Be mindful of wat u say dear
johnjon:

5 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
All this test for marriage? Is marriage this difficult? I will never forget all this till I die I tell you and even after marriage it won't leave my heart. To get married is hard o. shocked

Some don't start off rosy especially where a family member says no

Before we continue,how about lekan's parents
How do they feel about you?
Have you met them yet?
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
babyosisi:

Some don't start off rosy especially where a family member says no

Before we continue,how about lekan's parents
How do they feel about you?
Have you met them yet?
Yes I've met them and they don't have a problem with me at all. If all works well I will be the second deltan that will be going into their family. He has just one sister and we are very good too. His mum calls me from her base once in a while. The last time she called was on Tuesday when I went out with lakes and she was just all about a wedding gown she saw and will like me to use for my wedding... OK now I'm smiling here. smiley they treat me like them already and lakes has refuse to tell his parent and sister what's going on because he believes we will scale through all this.

2 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 26, 2015
Herzumpther:

It should be hard hun. Won't we reading the same stories on this thread from women who's Prince charming turned into Lucifer? Your father in his own way is trying to save you from that. In his own special way he is protecting you. This is your time to shine hun. It sounds like you turn into a lil girl when you speak to him about this for example walking out when he said no. You need to open lines of communications on this topic. Take your dad out to dinner and have a father and daughter day and really speak from your heart. Take him out of his comfort zone. Have you met hubbys family? Your dad needs reassurance for your wellbeing. It's not about the tribe for him alone it's more about your safety.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (121) (Reply)

Boys Night Out Discussions / My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.