Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives - Family (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives (266381 Views)

Before you Interfere In Any Marital Scuffle. / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
@thorpido,u seem very reserved.
Love ur prof.
Ur wife is one lucky lady.

I just posted about my flatmate cheesy
It's not a laughing matter cos she normally complain with all seriousness. Infact at times she will break down and cry.
She happened to be d first daughter and in school. So hubby is giving her money, her dad too.
If her mum says she wanna visit her,d man will tell her she is on her own o cheesy
That will not stop my inlaw from giving me my monthly allowance grin
Meanwhile during omugwo,papa is no where to be found. After buying omugwo thing for mama,u must buy his own else he will sieze mama own. grin cheesy cheesy
What a man! cheesy
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Onegai(f): 12:43am On Mar 06, 2015
Preternatura1:
Thank you a great deal.

The truth is that, we are not so alike, I do know that there are few things we like in common however.

He thinks I'm "too oyiboish/buttyish" and I sometimes think he is not exposed enough, I have tried to win him over to my side and to be truthful, somethings did change but I'm still not satisfied. I know it may sound silly adding such thing to the list of what I consider important in choosing a life partner but I've not been able to shake this feeling and believe me, it has been there for a long time, I just didn't know we'd get this far as this is a relationship I started when I still considered myself 'a girl experimenting', now marriage talks has come up and it's like I'm realizing, I've always wanted to end up with someone like myself.

I just don't want to lose a good man, so I'm wondering if something like this is too flimsy. Thank you for your time, I really appreciate.

I will encourage you to break up with him.

Ehhhh you'll most likely regret it but at least you'll learn beautifully from the experience, lol.

oya shall I be frank? Please answer the following:
Is your dad/mum a lifetime member of Ikoyi club? If they Google your last name, does something pop up? Do your parents own real estate somewhere in UK (preferably St John's wood)? How many times have you or your family flown 1st class on BA? Where's the Riding school in Lagos located and when did any of your brothers start playing polo? Do you have tickets to MUSON concerts on standby? If you get married tomorrow, will you be assured of at least N1mil in gifts from your own family?

If no to all those answers, you are not a "butty" you are a mere Nigerian girl who has filled her mind with Instagram, Bella Naija and Linda Ikeji's vulgar excesses. And sweetie, all them posh boys, they don't marry middle class girls. So you better go give yourself lots of brain or just break up with what sounds like a man who cares about you (who isn't perfect).

Sorry if I sound harsh but the unrealistic and materialistic expectation I see in Naija society is irritating. Particularly when I watch men and women make life decisions based on it.

Now if you had told me "I don't like this or that in his character" that's great. That's important. But you are not that much further up the social ladder than he (most people attract and marry from their social class) and you feel you deserve Mr. Cream-Wannabe-Proposal-in-Dubai because you are wearing fine dresses and fixing "brazilian".

Just break up with him already. sigh.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 1:59am On Mar 06, 2015
@MarvelousGod,thank you.Believe me when I say i'm the one who is lucky to have him.

Preternatura1,
Please permit me to address you..
While he's a good guy,he may not be right for you still.What strikes your fancy may be totally different from what gets me going.In every long term se xual relationship,things may dull after a while and it would take more effort to reach those levels of excitement that were reached at one minute in those days.
I've looked at your reasons and though they are not very tangible to me,they are very serious to you and i respect that.It's now left for you to decide.What is it he finds oyiboish about you?Do you consider him to be a bush man?Is it that his dressing is not up to par?Or is it a string of bad english (I is coming,i am spoking to you sort of thing?).There's no point being with someone you are ashamed of.It will weigh the relationship down.I normally prefer people to marry within or above their 'percieved' class to avoid he's not posh enough for me tales.

By exposure,what do you mean?He hasn't seen the world?He grew up in the village?He doesn't know how to drink from a champagne glass or hold cutlery?He doesn't know how to swish the wine in his mouth first before swallowing?

Why i'm asking is that most of these things can be remedied,they are fixable.If it's an issue for you that it hasn't been ingrained from childhood,it's fine.You are the one the shoe is pinching.

However,in the greater scheme of things and as you get older,you may find that these things don't really matter.Posh won't pay the bills,posh won't help around the house,exposure won't hold you and kiss you at night,exposure won't buy you flowers just because...
It's a good,kind reliable loving man who will.
I believe that you will find a man suited to your taste though. Nothing wrong in what you want,just make sure your priorities are in order.

My DH as he was then many people would have rejected.Strong non handsome face,just that general strong look.Then he had an accident that caused one of his legs to be about half an inch shorter than the other and a spine that's damaged to some extent.Now with this picture i presented,the first thought is to tear race abi? cheesy. I didn't.He has kind eyes,and such beautiful hands.I fell in love with his character and his hands.They are beautiful,i just don't know how to explain it.
Yea,upon his slight disability he smoked and drank o.I said i wouldn't marry a smoker,he quit.For over 5 years now,he hasn't smoked and he detests smoking.We share a beer or wine at home,he doesn't do the toxic every evening beer again.
My point is that it pays sometimes to look beyond what's infront of you.You may be shocked at the potential a not so 'hot' person has inside.I have noticed that people who are not so aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, work harder on their personality and refine their character(my opinion).
DH too had etiquette issues,not a power dresser etc.All it takes is a youtube video and practice.Enter a shop with crisp beautiful shirts and trousers and start dressing him up to your taste.Spend hours scouring magazines on men's fashion to find colour combinations?
You can be whatever you want to be with hardwork,team effort and determination.
Please make sure that if/when you leave him,you'll be 100% regret free even if you see a picture of him on a yatch.

NB. I can afford to be a tyrant with crazy opinions & get away with doing many things because of the temperament of the man i'm married to.So,no one should really listen to me abeg.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by happysisi: 3:45am On Mar 06, 2015
You have said it all especially looking at how we started.

[quote author=Floodgater post=31343114][/quote]
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:41am On Mar 06, 2015
Onegai:

I will encourage you to break up with him.

Ehhhh you'll most likely regret it but at least you'll learn beautifully from the experience, lol.

oya shall I be frank? Please answer the following:
Is your dad/mum a lifetime member of Ikoyi club? If they Google your last name, does something pop up? Do your parents own real estate somewhere in UK (preferably St John's wood)? How many times have you or your family flown 1st class on BA? Where's the Riding school in Lagos located and when did any of your brothers start playing polo? Do you have tickets to MUSON concerts on standby? If you get married tomorrow, will you be assured of at least N1mil in gifts from your own family?

If no to all those answers, you are not a "butty" you are a mere Nigerian girl who has filled her mind with Instagram, Bella Naija and Linda Ikeji's vulgar excesses. And sweetie, all them posh boys, they don't marry middle class girls. So you better go give yourself lots of brain or just break up with what sounds like a man who cares about you (who isn't perfect).

Sorry if I sound harsh but the unrealistic and materialistic expectation I see in Naija society is irritating. Particularly when I watch men and women make life decisions based on it.

Now if you had told me "I don't like this or that in his character" that's great. That's important. But you are not that much further up the social ladder than he (most people attract and marry from their social class) and you feel you deserve Mr. Cream-Wannabe-Proposal-in-Dubai because you are wearing fine dresses and fixing "brazilian".

Just break up with him already. sigh.

That was harsh

9 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:46am On Mar 06, 2015
Madampinkolo:
@MarvelousGod,thank you.Believe me when I say i'm the one who is lucky to have him.

Preternatura1,
Please permit me to address you..
While he's a good guy,he may not be right for you still.What strikes your fancy may be totally different from what gets me going.In every long term se xual relationship,things may dull after a while and it would take more effort to reach those levels of excitement that were reached at one minute in those days.
I've looked at your reasons and though they are not very tangible to me,they are very serious to you and i respect that.It's now left for you to decide.What is it he finds oyiboish about you?Do you consider him to be a bush man?Is it that his dressing is not up to par?Or is it a string of bad english (I is coming,i am spoking to you sort of thing?).There's no point being with someone you are ashamed of.It will weigh the relationship down.I normally prefer people to marry within or above their 'percieved' class to avoid he's not posh enough for me tales.

By exposure,what do you mean?He hasn't seen the world?He grew up in the village?He doesn't know how to drink from a champagne glass or hold cutlery?He doesn't know how to swish the wine in his mouth first before swallowing?

Why i'm asking is that most of these things can be remedied,they are fixable.If it's an issue for you that it hasn't been ingrained from childhood,it's fine.You are the one the shoe is pinching.

However,in the greater scheme of things and as you get older,you may find that these things don't really matter.Posh won't pay the bills,posh won't help around the house,exposure won't hold you and kiss you at night,exposure won't buy you flowers just because...
It's a good,kind reliable loving man who will.
I believe that you will find a man suited to your taste though. Nothing wrong in what you want,just make sure your priorities are in order.

My DH as he was then many people would have rejected.Strong non handsome face,just that general strong look.Then he had an accident that caused one of his legs to be about half an inch shorter than the other and a spine that's damaged to some extent.Now with this picture i presented,the first thought is to tear race abi? cheesy. I didn't.He has kind eyes,and such beautiful hands.I fell in love with his character and his hands.They are beautiful,i just don't know how to explain it.
Yea,upon his slight disability he smoked and drank o.I said i wouldn't marry a smoker,he quit.For over 5 years now,he hasn't smoked and he detests smoking.We share a beer or wine at home,he doesn't do the toxic every evening beer again.
My point is that it pays sometimes to look beyond what's infront of you.You may be shocked at the potential a not so 'hot' person has inside.I have noticed that people who are not so aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, work harder on their personality and refine their character(my opinion).
DH too had etiquette issues,not a power dresser etc.All it takes is a youtube video and practice.Enter a shop with crisp beautiful shirts and trousers and start dressing him up to your taste.Spend hours scouring magazines on men's fashion to find colour combinations?
You can be whatever you want to be with hardwork,team effort and determination.
Please make sure that if/when you leave him,you'll be 100% regret free even if you see a picture of him on a yatch.

NB. I can afford to be a tyrant with crazy opinions & get away with doing many things because of the temperament of the man i'm married to.So,no one should really listen to me abeg.

My dear there are some people that you meet and you can't get past some issues o
I spoke about my ex fiancé that was chewing his food chakam chakam chakam at a function and my spirit left the union ozugbo grin
Well other things too

If she is not feeling the man,they are not married yet,she should move on and find another so she doesn't end up resenting the husband.

4 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by baby8: 8:26am On Mar 06, 2015
Babyosisi,
What u have shared made me comment,
I guess no one is unlovable, it might just take energy, time, patience, will, prayer and lots more.

look forward to reading more experiences from u.
Thanks
God bless u and ur family

6 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Onegai(f): 8:41am On Mar 06, 2015
babyosisi:

That was harsh

That was tough love. I've heard complaints like hers from a few women and I wonder if they are looking in the mirror. One of them is pushing 40 still telling herself this. Meanwhile she's dating married men! One of my bros ex broke up with him in her 30s because even though he was what would be considered a Lagos big boy, he'd rather die than write a cheque for some chick's Dubai trip. She traded a man who will take care of her and her kids and do his best not to cheat for someone who will send her enough fancy gifts. Guess who wants to come back now? I've seen those glamorous lives upclose and most are not pretty, but on social media they won't show that.

I get it, particularly if you live in Lagos and are into social media. You really will be affected by it all. But you have to be honest with yourself.

The poster sounds unsatisfied with this man merely because she feels and I quote "he's not the caliber of man I thought I'd end up with". Honey if he wasn't, you would have been out the door in a month, not have gotten to know him, kiss him, go out on dates, accept gifts, sleep with him and dated him for 3 yrs.

A person is not defined by how she/he holds a fork but by the words that come out of his heart.

Don't worry, she can write off everything I said. She doesn't need me to convince her, but hopefully someone else whom is feeling equally unsatisfied and cannot put a finger on why will wake up and smell the coffee. Btw this feeling affects men too. I have a male friend I call "chairman of the assistant boyfriend association of nigeria" because of how he kept breaking up with nice girls who adored him, in constant search of that yellow Catholic Igbo princess from a nice home. And those girls always use him as a back-up. Sigh.

14 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 06, 2015
Good Morning House. Love you all kiss

Osisi thanks for sharing your inlaw story. We will be MIL's too one day and Ive learnt from this.

I want to encourage someone this morning

Good Strong Marriages do not immediately start that way. Its takes time, It takes commitment, It takes sweat and tears, It takes you sometimes being right but having to choose to just let it go for peace and sanity at that point.

It takes you having to leave your comfort zone and even leaving behind some of your ideas, attitude and outlook towards certain things.

Sometimes you have to prove yourself over and over to him before it finally clicks and this is the bit where people find the hardest

The first year we got married. Mothers day came and went and not even a happy mothers day greeting from him. I spoke to him about it and he replied without catching breath that I wasnt his mother. The thing really pained me that day.

It took time for him to realise that I was not just a wife but also a mother, friend, sister and everything else too to him. I had to prove it to him. Now you wont beleive that its the same mouth that uttered those words years ago lipsrsealed

You also have to prove that you are mature, and that he can confide in you his weaknesses and you wont throw it in his face in an argument

You have to prove it to him that you are wise and not just a beautiful face

You have to prove it to him that he can trust you to hold the fort in his absence or when he needs your support.

You have to prove it to him that you wont hurt him

All this can take years and a simple statement said in anger can jeopadise the hard work and push him back into hs shell

Genrally speaking, men are not "talkers" especially about their innermost feelings

Men have ego and that ego can be very fragile too.

The best thing that a woman can do for herself is to get her man to totally trust her with his heart and to have his listening ear . . . Its not easy, but once you secure that position the rest of the ride is much easier.

It takes time and if you are not quite there, dont worry. Keep on working at it and you will get there and you will see a man who totally strives towards making you happy, because you make him happy too.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by bukatyne(f): 9:14am On Mar 06, 2015
chaircover:
Good Morning House. Love you all kiss

Osisi thanks for sharing your inlaw story. We will be MIL's too one day and Ive learnt from this.

I want to encourage someone this morning

Good Strong Marriages do not immediately start that way. Its takes time, It takes commitment, It takes sweat and tears, It takes you sometimes being right but having to choose to just let it go for peace and sanity at that point.

It takes you having to leave your comfort zone and even leaving behind some of your ideas, attitude and outlook towards certain things.

Sometimes you have to prove yourself over and over to him before it finally clicks and this is the bit where people find the hardest

The first year we got married. Mothers day came and went and not even a happy mothers day greeting from him. I spoke to him about it and he replied without catching breath that I wasnt his mother. The thing really pained me that day.

It took time for him to realise that I was not just a wife but also a mother, friend, sister and everything else too to him. I had to prove it to him. Now you wont beleive that its the same mouth that uttered those words years ago lipsrsealed

You also have to prove that you are mature, and that he can confide in you his weaknesses and you wont throw it in his face in an argument

You have to prove it to him that you are wise and not just a beautiful face

You have to prove it to him that he can trust you to hold the fort in his absence or when he needs your support.

You have to prove it to him that you wont hurt him

All this can take years and a simple statement said in anger can jeopadise the hard work and push him back into hs shell

Genrally speaking, men are not "talkers" especially about their innermost feelings

Men have ego and that ego can be very fragile too.

The best thing that a woman can do for herself is to get her man to totally trust her with his heart and to have his listening ear . . . Its not easy, but once you secure that position the rest of the ride is much easier.

It takes time and if you are not quite there, dont worry. Keep on working at it and you will get there and you will see a man who totally strives towards making you happy, because you make him happy too.

It goes both ways else the marriage would be a burden on the wife

On a second thought, why should people marry those they do not intend to listen to

4 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by bukatyne(f): 9:18am On Mar 06, 2015
thorpido:
Except for a few men, men generally step back when their children marry. It's the women who want to get involved. I guess it's the attachment they have towards their sons and the feeling that one small girl has now taken his attention.

I think it is because they were miserable in their marriages and took their sons as their second husbands tongue

Believe me when I say 99% of these terrible MILs would expect their daughters' husbands to do the very same things they are not happy their sons are doing

If it is not wickedness at worst or hypocrisy at best, I do not know what it is. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by soopamom: 9:23am On Mar 06, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by soopamom: 9:23am On Mar 06, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by happysisi: 9:25am On Mar 06, 2015
Gbam! It takes two Ppl for marriage to work. He also has to prove a lot of things to me.

Either the event of things, I have come to have a different view that might not be do for him but that has come to be my conclusion cuz of past events

bukatyne:

On a second thought, why should people marry those they do not intend to listen to

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 06, 2015
bukatyne:

Yes it goes both ways
It takes two to tango
My words are to ladies becasue this thread is for them.

8 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by thorpido(m): 9:35am On Mar 06, 2015
moca:
@thorpido,u seem very reserved.
Love ur prof.
Ur wife is one lucky lady.

I just posted about my flatmate cheesy
It's not a laughing matter cos she normally complain with all seriousness. Infact at times she will break down and cry.
She happened to be d first daughter and in school. So hubby is giving her money, her dad too.
If her mum says she wanna visit her,d man will tell her she is on her own o cheesy
That will not stop my inlaw from giving me my monthly allowance grin
Meanwhile during omugwo,papa is no where to be found. After buying omugwo thing for mama,u must buy his own else he will sieze mama own. grin cheesy cheesy
What a man! cheesy
A few men are like that.My wife's uncle is a bit like that.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by bukatyne(f): 9:39am On Mar 06, 2015
chaircover:

Yes it goes both ways
It takes two to tango
My words are to ladies becasue this thread is for them.

Some guys are peeping tongue and are learning too

The thread has metamorphosed from a thread for wives to a thread for marriage

Women have heard they have to do it all for years so the message on marriage should be balanced.

It takes two to build the marriage while it takes only one person to destroy it.

If the wives are the best in the world with husbands who are not ready to lift a finger, the wives soon become depleted emotionally and the center gives way.

The reason it seems effortless to do all is because our husbands are doing their best too and filling us emotionally.

The advice of everyone play their part and leave the other one does not really work in marriage.

It is well

4 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by bukatyne(f): 9:40am On Mar 06, 2015
happysisi:
Gbam! It takes two Ppl for marriage to work. He also has to prove a lot of things to me.

Either the event of things, I have come to have a different view that might not be do for him but that has come to be my conclusion cuz of past events

@bold: True
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 06, 2015
bukatyne:

Some guys are peeping tongue and are learning too

The thread has metamorphosed from a thread for wives to a thread for marriage

Women have heard they have to do it all for years so the message on marriage should be balanced.

It takes two to build the marriage while it takes only one person to destroy it.

If the wives are the best in the world with husbands who are not ready to lift a finger, the wives soon become depleted emotionally and the center gives way.

The reason it seems effortless to do all is because our husbands are doing their best too and filling us emotionally.

The advice of everyone play their part and leave the other one does not really work in marriage.

It is well

There are over 50 pages on this thread
Some posts will speak to the men, some will speak to the women & some will speak to both sexes
We all have different styles.
I choose to speak to women because that is where my experience lies.
My hubby will be in a better position to speak to men.
Most of the marriage seminars Ive attended there are 2 speakers . .a male and a female. Both speak from different points of views and experiences.
My last sentence on my long post that you quoted sums up my overall thoughts on the matter. it does take 2

Everyone should do the right thing ie respect, communicate and treat the other person as they will like to be treated and things should fall into place.

8 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 06, 2015
I have been following this thread from the beginning and some of the experiences are like answers to some situations I am facing or have faced. I want to thank you babyosisi, mutter, chaircover, madampinkolo, and all of you that have shared your stories, believe me, I have been refreshing this page for the past one week for updates.
Like Preternatura1 I am unmarried and I USED to think like her, I perceived my self in a certain class and thereby wouldn't be caught dead dating someone that didn't meet up. if my then boyfriend didn't meet up to standard, I would hide him from my friends, cos I didn't want to "fall my hand". I dated men whom I felt belonged within and above my social class, with their charming tongues, flashy cars, suave demeanours. Most of the time, I realized that they were either engaged, married, players, cheats, had very big egos or had little respect for me. Then I met my fiancé. He was different from the kind of man I would normally be seen with. I wasn't attracted t him at all. We met at his office so I had to be civil with him but that was far as I could take it, or so I thought. He changed me with his love. he had challenges with tenses, at first I couldn't bear it. me that won essay competitions, me that my colleagues call to proof read their e-mails before they send it, but then I began to correct him, he would send me a text with a wrongly spelt word, I would reply and correct the spelling, he would get it right the next time. the things I saw as issues initially became non issues like the issue of his bad breath, I went online for solutions and one day I bought him Euthymol toothpaste and a new brush without telling him why. a week later the bad breath disappeared. he is the kindest man I have ever met. he has taught me that you should be with a man that respects you, loves you, can share his 1 naira with you, has a relationship with God. He made me to start going to church , made me stop wearing revealing clothes, made me stop buying impulsively. I used to think cooking for a man was crap but now I see myself searching for new recipes every weekend. he has made a better person. We are saving up for our wedding later this year while working and praying towards better Jobs. So my dear Preternatura1 please look for the qualities that matter, does he keep to his word, do you trust him when he is alone? what is his relationship with God Like? does he respect women? is he willing to share his income even if you are not actively contributing? If I had left my man initially because of a perceived difference in social strata, I would still be bed hopping with guys that do not have my interests at heart. You could be lucky to find a man who is well to do and genuine without a trail of clingy exes but think through and through for the things that really matter. those people you are trying to impress with a sophisticated man will not be there to wipe snot off ur nose when ur sick, rub ur back when u hv cramps, make u a meal when ur too tired to make one, gossip with you, understand when u tell him u don't want to have s*x even when he wants to. experience has taught me that money and class will not give me all these, love, respect and kindness will.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by FOREXMARTS: 10:47am On Mar 06, 2015
Good morning all, anyone seen Herzie lately? What's up with her popsy and leks. Babyosisi i salute you this morning.

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 06, 2015
[quote author=Preternatura1 post=31335193][/quote] Sometimes people love the outside only to find that the inside that matters is nothing worthy, other times the outside may be less than expectation but great inside and sometimes the outside and inside meets the expectation. I had to go over your posts to be sure of your problem, i saw that you started on the wrong footing, you probably didnt set out for this, but you "used" the man to pass time. This is why it is said; dont get into a relationship with someone you cant marry. Imagine a guy accepted to date you for 3years with the mind of not really serious all these time you are fallen in love. The innocent bad is that you'v been jerked into reality and how serious what you were kidding with by the talk of marriage. If you had wanted anything serious with him, you would have seen he was not your calibre and not dated him or ended it earlier. I am not holding it against you because of your age, you may or may not regret ending up with this man. What you feel for him now is not enough to marry him and it may not be your fault, that a man is good is not a guarantee to be loved by any woman, that is why some good men's love are not returned for they were married out of pity or selfishness of not missing a good man. What is most important is the man that meet your standard of good and not the world's. However, the possible loopholes that may not exist though are your age/naivety, you have not open your heart to love him wholly. Sometimes when we get things not up to our taste, yet has pontentials, love for it may cause us to invest on it to desired taste and the end product is the energy that helps to this. To clear all doubt and possible future regret, tell him to give you 2-3months to think on the proposal, during this time ex-communicate and see if there is any feeling for him or of missing him, so that you can start it rightly but if non, then you clearly arent into him and its not your fault. But does he have this time to spare you?

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by CoCoLav(f): 11:53am On Mar 06, 2015
MzStunner:
I have been following this thread from the beginning and some of the experiences are like answers to some situations I am facing or have faced. I want to thank you babyosisi, mutter, chaircover, madampinkolo, and all of you that have shared your stories, believe me, I have been refreshing this page for the past one week for updates.
Like Preternatura1 I am unmarried and I USED to think like her, I perceived my self in a certain class and thereby wouldn't be caught dead dating someone that didn't meet up. if my then boyfriend didn't meet up to standard, I would hide him from my friends, cos I didn't want to "fall my hand". I dated men whom I felt belonged within and above my social class, with their charming tongues, flashy cars, suave demeanours. Most of the time, I realized that they were either engaged, married, players, cheats, had very big egos or had little respect for me. Then I met my fiancé. He was different from the kind of man I would normally be seen with. I wasn't attracted t him at all. We met at his office so I had to be civil with him but that was far as I could take it, or so I thought. He changed me with his love. he had challenges with tenses, at first I couldn't bear it. me that won essay competitions, me that my colleagues call to proof read their e-mails before they send it, but then I began to correct him, he would send me a text with a wrongly spelt word, I would reply and correct the spelling, he would get it right the next time. the things I saw as issues initially became non issues like the issue of his bad breath, I went online for solutions and one day I bought him Euthymol toothpaste and a new brush without telling him why. a week later the bad breath disappeared. he is the kindest man I have ever met. he has taught me that you should be with a man that respects you, loves you, can share his 1 naira with you, has a relationship with God. He made me to start going to church , made me stop wearing revealing clothes, made me stop buying impulsively. I used to think cooking for a man was crap but now I see myself searching for new recipes every weekend. he has made a better person. We are saving up for our wedding later this year while working and praying towards better Jobs. So my dear Preternatura1 please look for the qualities that matter, does he keep to his word, do you trust him when he is alone? what is his relationship with God Like? does he respect women? is he willing to share his income even if you are not actively contributing? If I had left my man initially because of a perceived difference in social strata, I would still be bed hopping with guys that do not have my interests at heart. You could be lucky to find a man who is well to do and genuine without a trail of clingy exes but think through and through for the things that really matter. those people you are trying to impress with a sophisticated man will not be there to wipe snot off ur nose when ur sick, rub ur back when u hv cramps, make u a meal when ur too tired to make one, gossip with you, understand when u tell him u don't want to have s*x even when he wants to. experience has taught me that money and class will not give me all these, love, respect and kindness will.

Wow! Your posts reminds me of my sister. When her husband approached her, her answer was No before he even started talking because she felt he was not her class. My dad had to talk to her and advise her, told her he would prefer she marries a man who is still 'struggling' than a made man. Told her all the issues she had with him could be solved including the dressing thing. Today they are married and she chooses his clothes, all the things she felt were major issues have been forgotten and as far as I can tell she is happy.

3 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 06, 2015
I like your post a million times
I wish there was a way I could laminate this post and distribute it to all the girls out there judging the worth of a man by the length of the Brazilian he can buy.
You’ve said it all

Daughters generally speaking are their dads Princesses.
Therefore pick a man that will uphold your royalty and who will treat you like the Queen that you are.

Like you, I met a few frogs before I met my prince.
No friend will be there to wipe your tears or even accommodate you if God forbid one ends up in an abusive marriage.
The same friends will be worried to accommodate you so that you don’t steal their own husbands now that you are single again.
The day you fight, the first thing that these friends that you were trying to impress back in the day will call you is dalemosu.

MzStunner:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
CoCoLav:

Wow! Your posts reminds me of my sister. When her husband approached her, her answer was No before he even started talking because she felt he was not her class. My dad had to talk to her and advise her, told her he would prefer she marries a man who is still 'struggling' than a made man. Told her all the issues she had with him could be solved including the dressing thing. Today they are married and she chooses his clothes, all the things she felt were major issues have been forgotten and as far as I can tell she is happy.

This is one of the things I was saying earlier
When a man feels safe enough in his “nakeednesss “ (generally speaking) in front of you, and trusts you not to shame him, you can get him to do almost anything.

A good man will want to make you happy, and even if it means you choosing his clothes and his aftershave or whatever it takes, he wont mind one bit. It depends on how one approaches the issue.

3 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by deuce7(m): 12:11pm On Mar 06, 2015
chaircover:

This is one of the things I was saying earlier
When a man feels safe enough in his “nakeednesss “ (generally speaking) in front of you, and trusts you not to shame him, you can get him to do almost anything.

A good man will want to make you happy, and even if it means you choosing his clothes and his aftershave or whatever it takes, he wont mind one bit. It depends on how one approaches the issue.
I wish someone with see this and understand it.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by deuce7(m): 12:17pm On Mar 06, 2015
chaircover:
I like your post a million times
I wish there was a way I could laminate this post and distribute it to all the girls out there judging the worth of a man by the length of the Brazilian he can buy.
You’ve said it all

Daughters generally speaking are their dads Princesses.
Therefore pick a man that will uphold your royalty and who will treat you like the Queen that you are.

Like you, I met a few frogs before I met my prince.
No friend will be there to wipe your tears or even accommodate you if God forbid one ends up in an abusive marriage.
The same friends will be worried to accommodate you so that you don’t steal their own husbands now that you are single again.
The day you fight, the first thing that these friends that you were trying to impress back in the day will call you is dalemosu.

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by CoCoLav(f): 12:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
deuce7:

I wish someone with see this and understand it.

Seen

Understood cheesy tongue

2 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by thorpido(m): 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2015
MzStunner:
Good one young lady.Unfortunately,a lot of single ladies do not see this while searching.The things that really matter on the long run are the deeper things you mentioned;respect,love for God and you,trust,does he keep his word,is he kind e.t.c
It took you some experiences of getting it wrong before you got it right but unfortunately,some ladies do not before they eventually take the plunge.

3 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 06, 2015
bukatyne:

It is nice you appreciate the shoes Some ladies walk in

Why it is majorly MILs that are terrible is unfathomable to me.

The stuff she complains her son does, she would be very glad a man did same for her daughter

The saddest part is that some of these MILs were just in the shoes of the DILs some years back meaning that some of us reading this will grow up to be one of these MILs
God help us
I already told myself that I will do my own omugwo from a hotel room when the time comes and any signs of issues I will hop into the rental car and head to the airport.

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
MzStunner:

This thread Was started to teach and advice younger women,it has also been a learning experience for me
I always believed in falling head over heels with the one but obviously that's not always the case
You and Ujujoan's have taught me differently
Personally I am attracted to very intelligent men and would be totally turned off by a man that spoke wrong grammar but now you have taught me that sometimes that is not enough to write off a good man.
Thanks for sharing
This is so sweet
I wish you well in your eventual union
This is starting excellently

So my dear Preternatura1 please look for the qualities that matter, does he keep to his word, do you trust him when he is alone? what is his relationship with God Like? does he respect women? is he willing to share his income even if you are not actively contributing? If I had left my man initially because of a perceived difference in social strata, I would still be bed hopping with guys that do not have my interests at heart.

This is powerful!!

2 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 06, 2015
Is it ok to marry somone you don't love ? Sometimes you end a relationship with a guy and you just don't see yourself loving another same way even after few years have past.

Is it possible to love in marriage?

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (121) (Reply)

Boys Night Out Discussions / My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.