Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,267 members, 7,780,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:19 PM

Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan (33970 Views)

Cost Of Building Twins 2 Bedroom Flat / Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. / Cost Of Building 2 Flat Of 3 Bedroom Each In IBADAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by micbjrex(m): 8:13pm On Feb 15, 2015
Wow......thank you all for your contributions. Please teach me more so I will handle my workers. But the issue now is I am not currently in naija to see things for myself.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by yosmen: 8:31pm On Feb 15, 2015
nothing like professionalism, its true u want to cut cost,bungalows has grade n standard just as you have phones.You have been advised on various ways,
the truth is get a trustworthy professional and negotiate a fair price.
Using quacks may lead you to spending times two.some may run away even.
Be wise as an educated fellow.
my 2cent.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 15, 2015
Regarding professionlas.

OP, the best way to save money is to be your own General Contractor and simply employ "professionals" as sub contractors. This requires work and time on your part but you'll be saving money. This requires you to be on the ground and to come up to speed on the building process. It's not really hard. Just read back in the archives and see first time builder who went into become builders in short time on here.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by bettercreature(m): 10:31pm On Feb 15, 2015
CityNG:

Please explain your reasoning behind the bolded.

Thanks.
firstly its going to cost you multiply by 4,secondly they will need to dig part of it again during plumbing and wiring,people dont really get it, you dont need german floor if its bongalow its a waste of resources,you can do it later after roofing,When i say engineers are ass-hole i mean,they charge multiply by 2 of the actual amount and they sometimes causes procastination because looking at their quotation,you would be thinking the money you have can not build you a house,they are mainly for wealthy people and politicians beside some brick-layers are better than some engineers

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
bettercreature:
firstly its going to cost you multiply by 4,secondly they will need to dig part of it again during plumbing and wiring,people dont really get it, you dont need german floor if its bongalow its a waste of resources,you can do it later after roofing,When i say engineers are ass-hole i mean,they charge multiply by 2 of the actual amount and they sometimes causes procastination because looking at their quotation,you would be thinking the money you have can not build you a house,they are mainly for wealthy people and politicians beside some brick-layer are better than some engineers

I have no opinion on Engineers. I intend to use them when necessary such as soil test, structural approvals, etc but none would be involved on my project on a daily basis.

It's going to be me and "Baba Lati the brikila" working together day in day out as the General Contractor grin

I am building a bungalow so I was curious as to what you wrote about the floor. In fact this is what I intended to do but I always like to hear others opinions.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 15, 2015
CityNG:

I have no opinion on Engineers. I intend to use them when necessary such as soil test, structural approvals, etc but none would be involved on my project on a daily basis.

It's going to be me and Baba Lati working together day in day out as the General Contractor grin

I am building a bungalow so I was curious as to what you wrote about the floor. In fact this is what I intended to do but I always like to hear others opinions.

Thanks.

O gan o! Its not nice o! At least let us chop your money small supervise your work na grin
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by abdulwastecx(m): 10:53pm On Feb 15, 2015
CityNG:
Regarding professionlas.

OP, the best way to save money is to be your own General Contractor and simply employ "professionals" as sub contractors. This requires work and time on your part but you'll be saving money. This requires you to be on the ground and to come up to speed on the building process. It's not really hard. Just read back in the archives and see first time builder who went into become builders in short time on here.

Good luck.
Honestly that is the best way to save money
in summary
1. get your survey plan by consulting a surveyor/ engineer yourself
2 get the architectural design yourself
3 get somebody to do the bill for you based on your taste and budget don't allow ur mason to give you quotations
4. get a professional engineer/builder pay him based on supervision and always negotiate with ur workers ( mason, carpenter, iron benders etc) based on bill prepared. always start negotiation with a much lower amount than the one specified
5. don't allow suppliers to supply you material, try so many suppliers and get best deal and always be around when materials are delivered to site.

Always be around

9 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by abdulwastecx(m): 11:00pm On Feb 15, 2015
bettercreature:
firstly its going to cost you multiply by 4,secondly they will need to dig part of it again during plumbing and wiring,people dont really get it, you dont need german floor if its bongalow its a waste of resources,you can do it later after roofing,When i say engineers are ass-hole i mean,they charge multiply by 2 of the actual amount and they sometimes causes procastination because looking at their quotation,you would be thinking the money you have can not build you a house,they are mainly for wealthy people and politicians beside some brick-layers are better than some engineers
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by abdulwastecx(m): 11:01pm On Feb 15, 2015
bettercreature:

you are wrong, people actually need oversite concrete popularly known as German floor.
it performed the following functions
1. help to tie together all the foundation wall
2. help to prevent moisture fromm rising from the soil beneath into the room which most time destroy floor finishes and wall paint
3. it help to create uniform level at the floor which also allow floor rendering to be minimal.

Though, a dpc of 6" with a very good mix may amounts to waste of materials/resources but a dpc of 3" with a week mix of say 1:5: 7 for a bungalow will do wonder.

9 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by abdulwastecx(m): 11:07pm On Feb 15, 2015
CityNG:

It's going to be me and Baba Lati working together day in day out as the General Contractor grin

Thanks.

please put an oversite concrete ( german floor). imagine spending millions on a house without a dpc that 200k could have done.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by yosmen: 11:37pm On Feb 15, 2015
let him do it his own way.u don't have to always defend anything. He knows what to do already.

Houses has grade and standard,na ur pocket determine.Some drive 504 some drive range rover sport,all na car.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by michaelbiz: 12:35am On Feb 16, 2015
bettercreature:

Seconded. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:46am On Feb 16, 2015
lomomike:

O gan o! Its not nice o! At least let us chop your money small supervise your work na grin

The issue of supervision is not really about money for me, mostly, but about ensuring that an extremely high quality of work is maintained.

Not saying that you can't do this but just talking in general grin

Nigerian artisans seems to cherish passing the ball and claiming "it will be corrected during finishing" embarassed
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 16, 2015
abdulwastecx:

you are wrong, people actually need oversite concrete popularly known as German floor.
it performed the following functions
1. help to tie together all the foundation wall
2. help to prevent moisture fromm rising from the soil beneath into the room which most time destroy floor finishes and wall paint
3. it help to create uniform level at the floor which also allow floor rendering to be minimal.

Though, a dpc of 6" with a very good mix may amounts to waste of materials/resources but a dpc of 3" with a week mix of say 1:5: 7 for a bungalow will do wonder.

See now this is something I didn't think about before and why it's good to always ask and learn.

Thanks.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by micbjrex(m): 1:11am On Feb 16, 2015
Thank you all. Somebody pointed out in one of the posts above that I possibly want to go cheaper. Nope I am not. I just put this thread up to learn a lot from all those that have built a similar structure before. And since I am not home now it is not out of place to double check the quote I have got. Thank you all. Please keep the teaching coming.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by mufutau55(m): 3:35am On Feb 16, 2015
CityNG:

See now this is something I didn't think about before and why it's good to always ask and learn.
Thanks.

CityNG, please do a DPC, bungalow or hut.. it's for your own good... if they break some when they are laying cables it's ok, it's not that deep to affect the DPC anyway.. But I am not building a house without DPC unless I am bankrupt. The DPC cost is not gonna kill you brother..
If people don't have money that is ok.. because my great-grand-father's house never had a DPC and it was livable but you need to see the bugs.smiley

Note: And I am talking about well constructed DPC too... like Abdulwastecx mentioned, not those just pour the sand and save cement kind of DPC.

Hajji M.

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Nobody: 4:05am On Feb 16, 2015
mufutau55:

CityNG, please do a DPC, bungalow or hut.. it's for your own good... if they break some when they are laying cables it's ok, it's not that deep to affect the DPC anyway.. But I am not building a house without DPC unless I am bankrupt. The DPC cost is not gonna kill you brother..
If people don't have money that is ok.. because my great-grand-father's house never had a DPC and it was livable but you need to see the bugs.smiley

Note: And I am talking about well constructed PDC too... like Abdulwastecx mentioned, not those just pour the sand and save cement kind of DPC.

Hajji M.

Thanks Hajji.

I would do a concrete floor of course but I thought I could do it after the mess of raising the walls.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by mufutau55(m): 4:15am On Feb 16, 2015
CityNG:

Thanks Hajji.
I would do a concrete floor of course but I thought I could do it after the mess of raising the walls.

I did one of my project like that and I did not like it, even though my Bricklayer did fill the foundation blocks with solid concrete mortar before they continue raising the wall.. but I just don't know why I keep having of that feeling that I should have just done the DPC with the foundation.
So every other project, I always make sure I do the DPC at the beginning. But nothing was structurally wrong with the one I did because of that concrete mortar filling.. I posted the pic in one of my post somewhere... may be you will come across it.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Nobody: 6:47am On Feb 16, 2015
CityNG:

The issue of supervision is not really about money for me, mostly, but about ensuring that an extremely high quality of work is maintained.

Not saying that you can't do this but just talking in general grin

Nigerian artisans seems to cherish passing the ball and claiming "it will be corrected during finishing" embarassed

Well, you're right to a good extent however, personally, I do check and recheck to ensure professionalism and perfection is attained (some folks still engage in best professional practices too). Anyone who doesn't keenly watch and ensure his workers carry out work to the satisfaction of his client is actually doing more harm to his reputation, successive works/clients because a good building is actually a self advertising work done and they speak volumes.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by micbjrex(m): 7:04pm On Feb 16, 2015
I want to do coping on my fence of 100ft x 50ft since the rain season is near. Please how much should I be looking to spend in terms of irons, woods, cement, hanger rods for barbed wire, 3 inch rods, barbed wire bundles, carpenter, mason, fixing of barbed wire. Thanks
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by bettercreature(m): 10:10pm On Feb 16, 2015
micbjrex:
I want to do coping on my fence of 100ft x 50ft since the rain season is near. Please how much should I be looking to spend in terms of irons, woods, cement, hanger rods for barbed wire, 3 inch rods, barbed wire bundles, carpenter, mason, fixing of barbed wire. Thanks
Depends how much you have with you,iron should cost you 16,000 naira with workmanship,the wood should cost you about 10k and workmanship 10k,you have to do it twice,one side and back side first and then the other side and front side,you will need about 30 block so they can pieces it to block the hole,you will need about 8bags of cement,hanger is 100naira each and you are going to need about 48pieces,the barb wire is 4500naira each and you will need about 13 bundles and the guy selling the barb wire should help you to get someone to fix the barb wire at the rate of 9000naira

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by micbjrex(m): 12:36am On Feb 17, 2015
@bettercreature. Thank you. For 2 nos of 1200mm windows, 2 nos of 2700 window, 6 nos of 600mm window, 12 nos of 1800mm window, 18 nos of 900mm door, 2 nos of 1200mm door, and 2 nos of 2700mm arc, 2 nos of 2000mm arc, 6 pillars. Please how many trips of sand and gravel and bags of cement will I need. Thanks
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:21am On Feb 17, 2015
mufutau55:

I did one of my project like that and I did not like it, even though my Bricklayer did fill the foundation blocks with solid concrete mortar before they continue raising the wall.. but I just don't know why I keep having of that feeling that I should have just done the DPC with the foundation.
So every other project, I always make sure I do the DPC at the beginning. But nothing was structurally wrong with the one I did because of that concrete mortar filling.. I posted the pic in one of my post somewhere... may be you will come across it.

Hajji M.

I have a question to ask " What is the difference between Gravel/Local /Brown Stone and Granite in casting decking and Pillars
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by sdbaba: 2:41am On Feb 17, 2015
I need a good and honest builder in Ibadan ASAP. Pls send me an email at sanya_1000@yahoo.com with your contact details.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by bettercreature(m): 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
micbjrex:
@bettercreature. Thank you. For 2 nos of 1200mm windows, 2 nos of 2700 window, 6 nos of 600mm window, 12 nos of 1800mm window, 18 nos of 900mm door, 2 nos of 1200mm door, and 2 nos of 2700mm arc, 2 nos of 2000mm arc, 6 pillars. Please how many trips of sand and gravel and bags of cement will I need. Thanks
You will need about 45bags of cement,2 sands and 5gravels,there must be ark or beam you didnt write that
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by micbjrex(m): 8:45am On Feb 18, 2015
Thanks...i want to know if galvanized zinc is good for roofing. if okay, how much will it cost of roof a building size of 21.425mx10.325m?
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by micbjrex(m): 10:09am On Feb 18, 2015
bettercreature:
You will need about 45bags of cement,2 sands and 5gravels,there must be ark or beam you didnt write that
. I wrote arc instead of ark. Thanks
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Tmex(m): 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
micbjrex:
you can reach us for your building materials. https://www.nairaland.com/1225088/reliable-supplier-buiding-materials-along
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by micbjrex(m): 7:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
How much is the following in Ibadan. 5 ton of sharp sand, 5 ton gravel, 5 ton granite, 5 ton granite, 9 inch block, 6 inch block, 5 ton soft sand, 5 ton plastering sand, 12mm iron rod, elephant cement. Thank you
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Tmex(m): 8:30am On Feb 19, 2015
micbjrex:
How much is the following in Ibadan. 5 ton of sharp sand, 5 ton gravel, 5 ton granite, 5 ton granite, 9 inch block, 6 inch block, 5 ton soft sand, 5 ton plastering sand, 12mm iron rod, elephant cement. Thank you
. The prices are as follows,
5 tonnes of sharp sand .................8000.
5 tonnes of gravel .........................17000
9 inches blocks...............................140
6 inches blocks...............................130
5 tonnes of soft sand.....................8000
5 tonnes of plastering sand ..........8000
Elephant cement .......................... 1850

we will be glad to hear from you soon.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by micbjrex(m): 3:37pm On Feb 19, 2015
@tmex.......are you a supplier? Where are u located in Ibadan?
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Tmex(m): 5:39pm On Feb 19, 2015
micbjrex:
@tmex.......are you a supplier? Where are u located in Ibadan?
yes sir,I am located in akobo,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic: The Sight And Beauty / Jarus CountryHome - A Journal / Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.