Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Happy Valentine From Me To All - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Happy Valentine From Me To All (13072 Views)

Wishing Family Section Nairalanders A Happy Valentine! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2015
DollyParton1:

LMAO..... I gat nothing to say no more.

Gatts shake that thang to that...you know the bad boy gatts keep ya body screamin'... muthaphuckin' rude boy that's good to you, with street credibility. Better join the troop. tongue

Let Eve and A.Keys ride out...with the real one, Cle "Bone" Sloan. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNI8XFEAyI0
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by yetseyi(f): 6:55pm On Feb 15, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. I grew up in the Church, and I know the Bible inside out. Just left when I turned 19, and outgrew a lot of extras in there. However, whenever I go to Church for any activity - the old me always come out. Or whenever I'm at my parent's house. I know all the worship/praise songs, and whatever they do in there. grin

Lmao@ these folks worship "likes" and they always want people to fit into their vacuous and illogical thought process. I'm not that guy - I just wanna chat shiit and keep it moving. But if anyone says something I deem logical without ad hominems, then I can stress my brain and debate the person.

The sane and logical folks used to be in the politics, foreign, and culture sections (my old playgrounds) back in the day, but they all left. grin

I don't even look for trouble...I just say my piece while grinning. More time they always quote me, or spam my handle in stupid shiit. And where I'm from, you gotta handle ya business like Flavour Flav's clock - esp. where there are no rules. grin I just handle my business and smack them with that George Foreman right hand, or Mayweather's left hook - that's the PeckNizzy way. grin

I am quite interested in the 1st paragraph any particular reason why you left? Thats if you care to share.

There are still some sane threads in family section and about 3 sane threads I know in religion section (all these threads are discussion threads anyway) I have also seen about 1or 2 in foreign. Then there are some handles that have earned my respect.

okay then. I know some peeps can be so troublesome though.

I hope the OP of this thread wont be vexed.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
yetseyi:

I am quite interested in the 1st paragraph any particular reason why you left? Thats if you care to share.

There are still some sane threads in family section and about 3 sane threads I know in religion section (all these threads are discussion threads anyway) I have also seen about 1or 2 in foreign. Then there are some handles that have earned my respect.

okay then. I know some peeps can be so troublesome though.

I hope the OP of this thread wont be vexed.

You're going to get me in trouble for this lol. Let me just say I don't have any problem whatsoever with religious folks...as long as it works for them, and they don't get judgemental based on that premise. I was raised in it, with a family still deeply rooted in it - save for my brother and I. And though, I seldom speak about it - I've got a perfect understanding of everything. Even Islam as well to an extent lol.

Life is all about growth. And as we grow mentally (especially those with high cognitive reasoning), with urge for a full understanding of everything happening around us. We tend to ask questions - and discern things for what they're. I basically just got to a stage where I understood religion for what it's for - moral guidance and spirituality to fill a vacuum that exist in our hearts. Then as I got older and became a black man, and a representation of who I'm and how the world sees me - I went deeper.

I looked at the black Churches vis-a-vis our communities. And we have got so many of them. However, rather than add value to these communities where their members are from, all they do exploit folks - in exchange for faith and hope, without giving anything back in return. We've heard this message of faith and hope for like 500 years now, how come nothing has changed? How about start giving back to these communities, and stop selling folks a dream? Even the traditional Churches have done a lot and they still do a lot. How come our own Churches aren't doing that? I went to Catholic and Anglican schools - the legacy of traditional Churches.

Then when you look at the image as well...you just have to ask questions cos whoever controls the image, controls the mind. And we've got images in all these religions that don't represent us - yet we question why we're the most effed up race of people. Folks just attach too much to religion and make it more complex than it's. You don't need religion to have a relationship with God, cos if you believe in the most high, he's omnipresent inside you. All you've to do is find a way that works for you, to speak to him.

OP, we're just keeping ya thread alive in the spirit of St. Valentine. grin
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by yetseyi(f): 8:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
@sir shymexx . I have read your response, i m quite sleepy now cant type much. Would definitely respond robustly by tomorrow. have a good night
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 8:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
SirShymexx:

Gatts shake that thang to that...you know the bad boy gatts keep ya body screamin'... muthaphuckin' rude boy that's good to you, with street credibility. Better join the troop. tongue

Let Eve and A.Keys ride out...with the real one, Cle "Bone" Sloan. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNI8XFEAyI0

Oh SirShymex, the Ijebu Duke, I am beginning to see some patterns in ur choices of music this evening.
You wanna talk about it? tongue
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 10:05pm On Feb 15, 2015
yetseyi:
@sir shymexx . I have read your response, i m quite sleepy now cant type much. Would definitely respond robustly by tomorrow. have a good night

Alright, Sis.

Nyt nyt.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 10:11pm On Feb 15, 2015
DollyParton1:

Oh SirShymex, the Ijebu Duke, I am beginning to see some patterns in ur choices of music this evening.
You wanna talk about it? tongue

Why are you so smart, Egba meet Osun chic? tongue

Applying osmotic pressure mixed with Avogadro's law never produces patterns, does it, Doc? grin

Err, it seems this Ondo nyggah, Wale, has something to say. undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQMMI8itli8
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 10:31pm On Feb 15, 2015
SirShymexx:

Why are you so smart, Egba meet Osun chic? tongue

Applying osmotic pressure mixed with Avogadro's law never produces patterns, does it, Doc? grin

Err, it seems this Ondo nyggah, Wale, has something to say. undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQMMI8itli8

It all comes down to the badonkadonk innit. Aint no one filling up tanks. Aint nobody driving no benz.

Meanwhile, Avogadro's law states that, "equal volumes of all gases, at the same temperature and pressure, have the same number of molecules".
For a given mass of an ideal gas, the volume and amount (moles) of the gas are directly proportional if the temperature and pressure are constant.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 10:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
DollyParton1:

It all comes down to the badonkadonk innit. Aint no one filling up tanks. Aint nobody driving no benz.

Meanwhile, Avogadro's law states that, "equal volumes of all gases, at the same temperature and pressure, have the same number of molecules".
For a given mass of an ideal gas, the volume and amount (moles) of the gas are directly proportional if the temperature and pressure are constant.

@bold - never that. Though I allude to that a lot, it's just a form of appreciation for the quintessential physical attributes associated with black women. grin tongue Gatts look beyond that...you're a smart ar.se. tongue

Err, now apply osmotic pressure via a semi-permeable membrane to that law. Avogadro was a genius, man. Chemistry was one of my favourite subjects in School - too bad I ditched medical sciences for IT. sad

Let's just keep in the noughties with this: Amerie and LL Cool J (I'm nuts lol).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSeygKgXElo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 11:18pm On Feb 15, 2015
cry
SirShymexx:

@bold - never that. Though I allude to that a lot, it's just a form of appreciation for the quintessential physical attributes associated with black women. grin tongue Gatts look beyond that...you're a smart ar.se. tongue

Err, now apply osmotic pressure via a semi-permeable membrane to that law. Avogadro was a genius, man. Chemistry was one of my favourite subjects in School - too bad I ditched medical sciences for IT. sad

Let's just keep in the noughties with this: Amerie and LL Cool J (I'm nuts lol).

Oh how I hate chemistry. I still do not know how I had an A in my WAEC. But I enjoyed medicinal chemistry in med school.

Osmotic pressure across a semi-permeable membrane; molecules moves from a region of higher concentration to a region of lower concentration.

And yes u are very nuts.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 12:00am On Feb 16, 2015
DollyParton1:
cry
Oh how I hate chemistry. I still do not know how I had an A in my WAEC. But I enjoyed medicinal chemistry in med school.

Osmotic pressure across a semi-permeable membrane; molecules moves from a region of higher concentration to a region of lower concentration.

And yes u are very nuts.

Lmao...now you see why you should've known me all ya life cos I was a straight A student in Mathematics, Sciences, and Technology. Heck, I had a personal formula/method for organic compounds, esp. IUPAC nomenclature. Three of my sisters are in the medical sciences field - and I gave them the blueprint. grin

Nice...now, we're getting somewhere. I bet you can feel what's moving from the higher concentration, to the lower concentration in ya heart/soul - via the semi-permeable front you're putting on. lipsrsealed tongue Osmosis! - and big ups to Avogadro, man.

Err, I think Akon has a soundtrack to why I'm nuts fi yuh, girlie....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWA5hJl4Dv0
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 12:45am On Feb 16, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lmao...now you see why you should've known me all ya life cos I was a straight A student in Mathematics, Sciences, and Technology. Heck, I had a personal formula/method for organic compounds, esp. IUPAC nomenclature. Three of my sisters are in the medical sciences field - and I gave them the blueprint. grin

Nice...now, we're getting somewhere. I bet you can feel what's moving from the higher concentration, to the lower concentration in ya heart/soul - via the semi-permeable front you're putting on. lipsrsealed tongue Osmosis! - and big ups to Avogadro, man.

Err, I think Akon has a soundtrack to why I'm nuts fi yuh, girlie....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWA5hJl4Dv0

I had As in all my science courses. I just dint enjoy chemistry while in high school. Now mathematics and physics are those subjects that I could solve any problems from them in my dreams. Thanks to my dad.

Three words: You got skills!!!!
Doff my hat for your scientific approach. AVOGADRO will be very proud of you. But there is no semi-permeable membrane nowhere. What u see here is a tinted glass wall. tongue tongue

if u post any more musical videos, imma have to shoot u.
Stop derailing threads.
Anyhoo.... good night. Gotta sleep.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 1:10am On Feb 16, 2015
DollyParton1:

I had As in all my science courses. I just dint enjoy chemistry while in high school. Now mathematics and physics are those subjects that I could solve any problems from them in my dreams. Thanks to my dad.

Three words: You got skills!!!!
Doff my hat for your scientific approach. AVOGADRO will be very proud of you. But there is no semi-permeable membrane nowhere. What u see here is a tinted glass wall. tongue tongue

if u post any more musical videos, imma have to shoot u.
Stop derailing threads.
Anyhoo.... good night. Gotta sleep.

Lol. It's nothing serious, just trying to g-check ya mettle in Sciences on the surface, while messing around with the videos. That ain't my skills - you'll probably get the skills one-day when I'm serious. And with the skills, it's going to be straight diffusion, with no osmotic pressure and semi-permeable membrane.grin tongue

Nice chatting to you, though. It somewhat evoked memories of my school days when I was that shy but very naughty and popular guy. Darn! I remember my kickers crepz, man. Memories of when men were boys before life happened and we all became sinners. grin

Imma have to hit my playlist now and listen to classic tunes from back then, with e-cig in my mouth, while I watch time fly and sleep off.

Nyt nyt...but I gotta leave you with one of my favourite tunes ever - shoot me. tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfRNRymrv9k
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by Madeu(m): 2:32pm On Feb 16, 2015
SirShymexx:

Thanks for sharing!!!!!
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 4:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. It's nothing serious, just trying to g-check ya mettle in Sciences on the surface, while messing around with the videos. That ain't my skills - you'll probably get the skills one-day when I'm serious. And with the skills, it's going to be straight diffusion, with no osmotic pressure and semi-permeable membrane.grin tongue

Nice chatting to you, though. It somewhat evoked memories of my school days when I was that shy but very naughty and popular guy. Darn! I remember my kickers crepz, man. Memories of when men were boys before life happened and we all became sinners. grin

Imma have to hit my playlist now and listen to classic tunes from back then, with e-cig in my mouth, while I watch time fly and sleep off.

Nyt nyt...but I gotta leave you with one of my favourite tunes ever - shoot me. tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfRNRymrv9k
I won't shoot you because the song just brought back great memories. I will let it slide. tongue tonguetongue
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
DollyParton1:

I won't shoot you because the song just brought back great memories. I will let it slide. tongue tonguetongue

Slide through where? undecided

I'll serenade you again when I get home tonight...be ready.

And we might move to a lot of Archimedes and Sir Isaac Newton tonight. tongue
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by yetseyi(f): 5:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
SirShymexx:

You're going to get me in trouble for this lol. Let me just say I don't have any problem whatsoever with religious folks...as long as it works for them, and they don't get judgemental based on that premise. I was raised in it, with a family still deeply rooted in it - save for my brother and I. And though, I seldom speak about it - I've got a perfect understanding of everything. Even Islam as well to an extent lol.

Life is all about growth. And as we grow mentally (especially those with high cognitive reasoning), with urge for a full understanding of everything happening around us. We tend to ask questions - and discern things for what they're. I basically just got to a stage where I understood religion for what it's for - moral guidance and spirituality to fill a vacuum that exist in our hearts. Then as I got older and became a black man, and a representation of who I'm and how the world sees me - I went deeper.

I looked at the black Churches vis-a-vis our communities. And we have got so many of them. However, rather than add value to these communities where their members are from, all they do exploit folks - in exchange for faith and hope, without giving anything back in return. We've heard this message of faith and hope for like 500 years now, how come nothing has changed? How about start giving back to these communities, and stop selling folks a dream? Even the traditional Churches have done a lot and they still do a lot. How come our own Churches aren't doing that? I went to Catholic and Anglican schools - the legacy of traditional Churches.

Then when you look at the image as well...you just have to ask questions cos whoever controls the image, controls the mind. And we've got images in all these religions that don't represent us - yet we question why we're the most effed up race of people. Folks just attach too much to religion and make it more complex than it's. You don't need religion to have a relationship with God, cos if you believe in the most high, he's omnipresent inside you. All you've to do is find a way that works for you, to speak to him.

OP, we're just keeping ya thread alive in the spirit of St. Valentine. grin

You wont get into any trouble bro smiley

Well the message of faith and hope is still real bro. Anyway I understand that theres a lot of exploitation going on in the church but then there are still churches doing the right things.

"You dont need religion to get to God " hmm It depends on how you define religion though.

I guess i will still talk more on this if permitted smiley
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 11:34pm On Feb 16, 2015
yetseyi:

You wont get into any trouble bro smiley

Well the message of faith and hope is still real bro. Anyway I understand that theres a lot of exploitation going on in the church but then there are still churches doing the right things.

"You dont need religion to get to God " hmm It depends on how you define religion though.

I guess i will still talk more on this if permitted smiley

Lol. I just don't like discussing religion with religious folks with linear thought process (not you) cos to them, everything that isn't about their religion has to be the devil. Hence I said, "I don't want to get in trouble."

Err, I don't know I'll call "faith and hope" as being "real" since both are based on abstract things and in religion, they're dependent on the supernatural. They're like dreams. However, I don't have problems with folks who base their existence on both. I just have a problem with folks who exploit folks and peddle them as a "gift" and those who make both the basis for relations - and the thought process that whoever disagrees with them has to be of the devil.

The planet is too big for everyone to be one time...outlook will always vary. Hence even within Christianity, there are different denominations...with different approaches. Then you've got the tree where Christianity branched out from (Abrahamic religions) also divided into three: Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. And there were so many religions way before Christianity started out about 2000years ago...just as there are so many religions today. Most folks from the far east ideology (Japan, China, India etc.) aren't even Christians.

Religion was created for moral guidance, brother/nation(hood), and spirituality. But God dwells in us all...even without religion. I think Jesus answered that in Luke 17:20-21, when he was speaking to the Pharisees.

Luke 17:20-21:

20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; [i]21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”[/i]

^^^I believe that's self-explanatory, Sis.

Regardless, I admire the fact that you're religious since it works for you, but humanity is bigger than religion. And that's what I think folks (especially black people) need to be more cognizant of. Religion shouldn't define us - our heart should.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 11:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. I just don't like discussing religion with religious folks with linear thought process (not you) cos to them, everything that isn't about their religion has to be the devil. Hence I said, "I don't want to get in trouble."

Err, I don't know I'll call "faith and hope" as being "real" since both are based on abstract things and in religion, they're dependent on the supernatural. They're like dreams. However, I don't have problems with folks who base their existence on both. I just have a problem with folks who exploit folks and peddle them as a "gift" and those who make both the basis for relations - and the thought process that whoever disagrees with them has to be of the devil.

The planet is too big for everyone to be one time...outlook will always vary. Hence even within Christianity, there are different denominations...with different approaches. Then you've got the tree where Christianity branched out from (Abrahamic religions) also divided into three: Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. And there were so many religions way before Christianity started out about 2000years ago...just as there are so many religions today. Most folks from the far east ideology (Japan, China, India etc.) aren't even Christians.

Religion was created for moral guidance, brother/nation(hood), and spirituality. But God dwells in us all...even without religion. I think Jesus answered that in Luke 17:20-21, when he was speaking to the Pharisees.

20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; [i]21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”[/i]

Regardless, I admire the fact that you're religious since it works for you, but humanity is bigger than religion. And that's what I think folks (especially black people) need to be more cognizant of. Religion shouldn't define us - our heart should.

So what are you? Agnostic? Theist?
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 12:18am On Feb 17, 2015
DollyParton1:

So what are you? Agnostic? Theist?

Technically a "Christian" and will always be.

But I was black before anything - and that will always take prominence over everything else. grin

So, when am I going to see that pretty face you keep alluding to? tongue
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by Nobody: 5:11am On Feb 17, 2015
SirShymexx:

But I was black before anything - and that will always take prominence over everything else. grin

*coughs* what's happening here ?? grin grin
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by yetseyi(f): 6:30am On Feb 17, 2015
SirShymexx:

loool @ linear thought process someone had accused me of that and I was shocked , we were talking science research, I gave my opinion and she said that's the problem I have with you guys you think in one direction and then started almost bashing but since she is my supervisor I just had to watch her talk . She subtly insulted me indirectly and I was wondering what the problem was. Mind you she's also a christian but I guess she saw me as an 'extreme ' christian. For days I was shocked at the outburst.

Said the short story above to make you aware that 'religious' people are also being judged unnecessarily, some make it a habit of always referring to what you claim to believe in even when the matter of discourse is quite far apart from your religious status.

I hope you would re-visit your views stated in the first part of the 2nd paragraph in the nearest future.

That aside I am always careful with the word 'religious' because I know one can be religious without even having a relationship with God which the 3 religions you listed are all about.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 11:46am On Feb 17, 2015
SirShymexx:

"Technically a Christian". Dint know such phrase existed until now.

This is what happens when u live in a society where skin colour is the determining factor in almost everything. I can relate though. I wasn't conscious of my skin colour until I left the shores of Nigeria.

I never alluded to no pretty face. When are u gonna reveal your shadow at least?
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 4:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
DollyParton1:

"Technically a Christian". Dint know such phrase existed until now.

This is what happens when u live in a society where skin colour is the determining factor in almost everything. I can relate though. I wasn't conscious of my skin colour until I left the shores of Nigeria.

I never alluded to no pretty face. When are u gonna reveal your shadow at least?

Technically a Christian basically means: I was born and raised in it, and it's the nucleus of the morals that I know...and subsconsciously, Christian ethics govern how I lead my life. That's basically all I know and what's part and parcel of existence. However, that doesn't negate my disagreement with all the extras associated with it...and the problems I have with the black Church. Ditto the crimes Christianity has committed against my race. If it were easy to shake off, I would've done that time ago...but nothing out there is interesting for me right now.

In as much as that comes with the territory, I wasn't even alluding to that. I just think we're the only race of people who have this overbearing attitude and excessiveness over religions that have no origin whatsoever in our race. Even those who created those religions don't take them that seriously anymore, save for Arabs and Islam. So, my point is that: when dealing with a black person, religion will always be the last thing on my mind...and I'll always relate to them, before giving two fvcks about whatever religion(s) they're part of.

So, ya face looks like a minger, no? loool. My shadow is out there...and can't you see folks chasing it all the time on the forum? looool
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
yetseyi:

loool @ linear thought process someone had accused me of that and I was shocked , we were talking science research, I gave my opinion and she said that's the problem I have with you guys you think in one direction and then started almost bashing but since she is my supervisor I just had to watch her talk . She subtly insulted me indirectly and I was wondering what the problem was. Mind you she's also a christian but I guess she saw me as an 'extreme ' christian. For days I was shocked at the outburst.

Said the short story above to make you aware that 'religious' people are also being judged unnecessarily, some make it a habit of always referring to what you claim to believe in even when the matter of discourse is quite far apart from your religious status.

I hope you would re-visit your views stated in the first part of the 2nd paragraph in the nearest future.

That aside I am always careful with the word 'religious' because I know one can be religious without even having a relationship with God which the 3 religions you listed are all about.

Lmao @ ya supervisor getting mad at you. She needs to allow it, she can be getting mad at an Ijebu princess lool. But really and truly, it can be somewhat draining when dealing with folks who look at things from just one perspective. It kind of limit ya knowledge scope cos most folks lwho're like that always get lost when you take them out of their comfort zone...and getting ya message across to them would get difficult and similar to talking to a table. That's why critical analysis is part of the Uni curriculum out here to prepare folks on how to broaden their knowledge scope/horizon.

I honestly don't think folks judge religious folks for what they believe in - the critique has more to do with the overbearing attitude of most religious zealots. If they practise the religion(s) without putting it in everyone's face, most folks woudn't care. However, a lot of religious folks are just a tad bit sanctimonious and that's what irks most people. Then you have got the extremists...and atheist nutters as well. Religious zealots and atheists are like two sides to the same coin - I can deal with both groups. Anyway, I like how you carry yourself and the fact that you're not judgemental...I respect that. I've got sisters and that's also how they carry themselves, despite being super-Christians.

Err, I don't really want to get too deep into it, but I'd say once you get deeper into the history of Christianity and Islam - the beginning, to the dark ages, to the renaissance, slavery, and today - you will get a better picture of everything I'm alluding to. You can start from the Egyptian book of the dead; to Emperor Constantine's Council of Nicea 325AD and how it ushered in the birth of modern Christianity with the new testament; to the dark ages; to the European renaissance with Charlemagne and the Christian crusaders; to the beginning of trans-atlantic and trans-sahara slavery of black people by both Christianity and Islam respectively; to the break-away of Anglican Diocese from the Roman Catholic Church and the origin of King James Bible; to the rise of all the other denominations in Christianity etc.. I'll just stop there for now, time to apply brake lol.

Regardless, I respect you for who you're and the most important thing is about spreading love and doing our best possible to make humanity better. Love is the answer, and humanity needs a lot of it, without being judgemental with religion as a premise to show love. God is love and the easiest way to have relationship with God is by showing love cos God dwells in everyone. Love ya neighbour as thyself and be ya brother's keeper.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
SirShymexx:

Technically a Christian basically means: I was born and raised in it, and it's the nucleus of the morals that I know...and subsconsciously, Christian ethics govern how I lead my life. That's basically all I know and what's part and parcel of existence. However, that doesn't negate my disagreement with all the extras associated with it...and the problems I have with the black Church. Ditto the crimes Christianity has committed against my race. If it were easy to shake off, I would've done that time ago...but nothing out there is interesting for me right now.

I always look at it as individual personalities. Yes, there were so many rotten characters in the church then, and there are still now. I view Christianity as a personal journey between one and God. That said, not everyone you find in the church or associated with the church are for the church. Not every Christian has a deep understanding of what it is required to be one.

In as much as that comes with the territory, I wasn't even alluding to that. I just think we're the only race of people who have this overbearing attitude and excessiveness over religions that have no origin whatsoever in our race. Even those who created those religions don't take them that seriously anymore, save for Arabs and Islam. So, my point is that: when dealing with a black person, religion will always be the last thing on my mind...and I'll always relate to them, before giving two fvcks about whatever religion(s) they're part of.
Same as my earlier point. I see no difference in anyone on religious basis. Only two of my close friends are Christian, and I enjoy it that way. As long as I get along well with someone, and the person is upright, I don't care about what religious camp they belong to.

So, ya face looks like a minger, no? loool. My shadow is out there...and can't you see folks chasing it all the time on the forum? looool
Oh yeah!! Ginger Minger. I don't chase shadows.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 12:36am On Feb 18, 2015
DollyParton1:

I always look at it as individual personalities. Yes, there were so many rotten characters in the church then, and there are still now. I view Christianity as a personal journey between one and God. That said, not everyone you find in the church or associated with the church are for the church. Not every Christian has a deep understanding of what it is required to be one.

Lol @ many rotten characters in the Church. Isn't that where they all go for "salvation" and to become "born again?" I just never understood what being "born again" is all about since it's almost impossible to exist without committing a sin, in 24hours. That's just the reality. Life's about survival of the fittest and that principle fosters all kinds of imperfections that will make you show ya imperfections - and go against the commandments. Then you've got daily activities in this world (most are sinful in Christendom) that we all partake in daily.

The journey between an individual and God starts with that person and his/her subconscious self - then relations with other people and the community. The Church is just there to provide guidance. We need to focus more on knowledge of self.

Same as my earlier point. I see no difference in anyone on religious basis. Only two of my close friends are Christian, and I enjoy it that way. As long as I get along well with someone, and the person is upright, I don't care about what religious camp they belong to.

Nice. I like that. We're human beings first before religion. And that's the most important thing.

Oh yeah!! Ginger Minger. I don't chase shadows.

Lol @ ginger minger. grin Don't tell me you have got freckles as well - cray! Anyway, as long as the badonkadonk can bounce like it's got hydraulics...and the belly is flat, with the whole package looking proportionate - then everything else might become inconsequential. Gospel according to Bishop Don "Magic" Juan. Can someone say, 'Church'? tongue

Friends don't chase the shadow of the brother to night - they get the real one. The shadow is for paigons and pagans cos they always act like they know, but they don't know. The son of man, and the rose that grew outta concrete is too complicated for modern humanoids. grin
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 1:19am On Feb 18, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol @ many rotten characters in the Church. Isn't that where they all go for "salvation" and to become "born again?" I just never understood what being "born again" is all about since it's almost impossible to exist without committing a sin, in 24hours. That's just the reality. Life's about survival of the fittest and that principle fosters all kinds of imperfections that will make you show ya imperfections - and go against the commandments. Then you've got daily activities in this world (most are sinful in Christendom) that we all partake in daily.

The journey between an individual and God starts with that person and his/her subconscious self - then relations with other people and the community. The Church is just there to provide guidance. We need to focus more on knowledge of self.

They go to church for Salvation and they refused to be changed. Salvation is an active process. Being born again means to strive to be perfect, while having in mind that u can't be on your own. It is normal to sin, but just that when u err, u quickly ask God for forgiveness. But then there are many hypocritical born again out there who go around judging people. As a Christian, pne should study the life of Christ and follow his example along with the greatest commandment that says "Love your neighbour as thyself". Being a Christian is deeper than what it seems to be.

Nice. I like that. We're human beings first before religion. And that's the most important thing.
We are all equally loved by God.

. Lol @ ginger minger. grin Don't tell me you have got freckles as well - cray! Anyway, as long as the badonkadonk can bounce like it's got hydraulics...and the belly is flat, with the whole package looking proportionate - then everything else might become inconsequential. Gospel according to Bishop Don "Magic" Juan. Can someone say, 'Church'? tongue

Friends don't chase the shadow of the brother to night - they get the real one. The shadow is for paigons and pagans cos they always act like they know, but they don't know. The son of man, and the rose that grew outta concrete is too complicated for modern humanoids. grin

I have pimples like gravel. I have like 4 spare tyres in my abs region. Plus boobsies the size of lime. And a5s the size of 6 water melons. The a5s does not bounce, its harder than rock.
You act like some mysterious book that can't be unravelled........
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 2:09am On Feb 18, 2015
DollyParton1:

They go to church for Salvation and they refused to be changed. Salvation is an active process. Being born again means to strive to be perfect, while having in mind that u can't be on your own. It is normal to sin, but just that when u err, u quickly ask God for forgiveness. But then there are many hypocritical born again out there who go around judging people. As a Christian, pne should study the life of Christ and follow his example along with the greatest commandment that says "Love your neighbour as thyself". Being a Christian is deeper than what it seems to be.

I hear that. However, I thought being "born again" is a single process, and after that, you'll continue to exude perfection for the rest of ya life? Or is it possible to keep getting "born again" every single day, after exhibiting the imperfection that's part and parcel of what makes us all human - and what can be called "sinful" according to Christianity? And won't that be redundant?

Additionally, can anyone ever be perfect? And is it possible to be Christ-like in the real sense of it cos Jesus Christ was perfection personified...he was supernatural in human form (I won't get deeper than that).

Moreover, is Christianity that deep - or modern Churches (Pentecostal and other denominations not part of the traditional Churches) made it more complex than what it actually is, and what it was created for? The simplicity of the religion is exhibited in traditional Churches every Sunday...and exemplified by their mode of worship.

We are all equally loved by God.

The most high loves us all, hence he created us in his image - shalom! cool

I have pimples like gravel. I have like 4 spare tyres in my abs region. Plus boobsies the size of lime. And a5s the size of 6 water melons. The a5s does not bounce, its harder than rock.
You act like some mysterious book that can't be unravelled.

Darn!! That's a lot of cheese fat...and ti.ts the size of lime won't be handful. tongue Gatts make that badonkadonk bounce, man - or imma put some hydraulics on it. grin

Nah, I'm not mysterious...I'm just a simple and private guy like Al Haymon the ghost. Unraveling me isn't that difficult as long as there's loyalty. Solitude is sometimes the best thing...and like Don DeLillo said, "“I'm not reclusive at all - just private.” tongue
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 12:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
SirShymexx:

I hear that. However, I thought being "born again" is a single process, and after that, you'll continue to exude perfection for the rest of ya life? Or is it possible to keep getting "born again" every single day, after exhibiting the imperfection that's part and parcel of what makes us all human - and what can be called "sinful" according to Christianity? And won't that be redundant?

Additionally, can anyone ever be perfect? And is it possible to be Christ-like in the real sense of it cos Jesus Christ was perfection personified...he was supernatural in human form (I won't get deeper than that).

Moreover, is Christianity that deep - or modern Churches (Pentecostal and other denominations not part of the traditional Churches) made it more complex than what it actually is, and what it was created for? The simplicity of the religion is exhibited in traditional Churches every Sunday...and exemplified by their mode of worship.

The most high loves us all, hence he created us in his image - shalom! cool

Darn!! That's a lot of cheese fat...and ti.ts the size of lime won't be handful. tongue Gatts make that badonkadonk bounce, man - or imma put some hydraulics on it. grin

Nah, I'm not mysterious...I'm just a simple and private guy like Al Haymon the ghost. Unraveling me isn't that difficult as long as there's loyalty. Solitude is sometimes the best thing...and like Don DeLillo said, "“I'm not reclusive at all - just private.” tongue

There are so many doctrines on being born again.
My belief: You get born again only once. No one expect you to be sinless. Once you commit any, acknowledge it and ask for forgiveness immediately. I believe procrastinating the asking for forgiveness brings a wedge between one and God, because God loves sinners but He hates sin. Salvation is what one has to keep working for. one does not simply sit and fold arms and say they are save.
Philippians 2:12 says "Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear."

There is also something called backsliding. Thats when a born again loses his salvation because he or she has depart from the path they are supposed to toll. Such peope do not get born-again again. What they simply do is re dedication, I.e giving their life back to Christ When they realize their state of salvatIon.

Hebrews 4:15 says "This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin"
Hebrews 12:2 says "We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne."
Christians are expected to act like Christ in all ways. Remember that the word Christians was first coined in Antioch because they saw the likeness of Christ in the disciples. Hence the term Christian which means little Christ. No one is expected to be Christ Himself.Christians are just expected to have resemblance of Him in all they do.
Christ Himself understands our weaknesses, cos he has been through the same while in human form. He knows knows how hard it is for us, He sympathises with us. But He expects us to do our best. We grow daily in our sojourn. Therefore each day as a genuine Christian brings one closer to becoming like Christ But not being Christ. And we do this by focusing on Christ.

WHEW!!!!!
I feel like I just did some bible study or something. grin grin

I said u ACT mysterious. Not that you are mysterious. But you have like a million personalities or something. like someone with Multiple personality disorder. tongue tongue gringrin
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
DollyParton1:

There are so many doctrines on being born again.
My belief: You get born again only once. No one expect you to be sinless. Once you commit any, acknowledge it and ask for forgiveness immediately. I believe procrastinating the asking for forgiveness brings a wedge between one and God, because God loves sinners but He hates sin. Salvation is what one has to keep working for. one does not simply sit and fold arms and say they are save.
Philippians 2:12 says "Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear."

Lol. You get "born again" then do what you can't run away from, which commit sin, then it's back to square one...and another "born again" process. And you keep doing that over and over again. Redundancy. I understand what's it's about in Pentecostalism - just want to show you how redundant it's. That's why traditional Churches which laid the foundation for Christianity are different - they don't do the redundant "born again" thing. Anyway, this is part of the extras I was alluding to. grin

There is also something called backsliding. Thats when a born again loses his salvation because he or she has depart from the path they are supposed to toll. Such peope do not get born-again again. What they simply do is re dedication, I.e giving their life back to Christ When they realize their state of salvatIon.

Err, what's the difference between "giving their lives back to Christ" and being "born again"? Aren't both basically the same thing? Bear in mind that you're talking to a guy with some knowledge of theology - someone who got baptised and used to be a worker in the teenagers/Children's classes. grin

Hebrews 4:15 says "This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin"
Hebrews 12:2 says "We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne."
Christians are expected to act like Christ in all ways. Remember that the word Christians was first coined in Antioch because they saw the likeness of Christ in the disciples. Hence the term Christian which means little Christ. No one is expected to be Christ Himself.Christians are just expected to have resemblance of Him in all they do.
Christ Himself understands our weaknesses, cos he has been through the same while in human form. He knows knows how hard it is for us, He sympathises with us. But He expects us to do our best. We grow daily in our sojourn. Therefore each day as a genuine Christian brings one closer to becoming like Christ But not being Christ. And we do this by focusing on Christ.

Jesus Christ was a supernatural being in human flesh according to the Bible. The reality is that no one can be like him - you can only emulate certain morals he preached about. You can't even be like the next person cos we're all different. That's the reality. And no matter how sanctimonious and/or holier-than-thou you act, it's impossible to go for 24hours without committing a sin.

Anyway, I'll leave it there...just showing you that a lot of things don't add up, hence all the Pastors who have mastered the religion exploit gullible folks cos they know they won't pay for anything - no repercussions whatsoever. And wherever there's no repercussions, anything goes. I don't even care about them - I just want to see them give back to the communities they keep exploiting to enrich themselves.

I said u ACT mysterious. Not that you are mysterious. But you have like a million personalities or something. like someone with Multiple personality disorder. tongue tongue gringrin

Lol. Only a robot acts one way, or fake people cos they're acting a script...hence they're always predictable. And this is the internet where you just post based on whatever mood you're in, and the energy you receive - so it's normal to always see different shades from real people. My life is a mystery and I'm the most complicated nyggah you'll ever meet - the realness. grin
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 5:40pm On Feb 18, 2015
Justfollowit,

I see you're slowly but surely turning into into an Islam fanatic. tongue

Come in here, let me see what you know about the history of Islam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Engagement List / Men Who Suffer In Silence / I Used Charm To Marry My Husband!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.