Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,381 members, 7,808,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Happy Valentine From Me To All - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Happy Valentine From Me To All (13071 Views)

Wishing Family Section Nairalanders A Happy Valentine! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 10:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
Ogbeche77:
Beats and melody before anything else.. Fela proved that over and over..
Fela played in Berlin in 1978 to Eastern Germans who really don't understand a word of English, not to talk of pidgin English.. He also filled ground in Glastonbury in '84..
90% of Fela's music were in pidgin

Yes, the Glastonbury show was apparently epic. He was the first African to perform there (Dbanj also performed there a few years ago)...and there's no concert on this planet greater than Glastonbury.

Fela Kuti the legend! cool

1 Like

Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 11:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
DollyParton1:

Well, your skill is giving you false idea bro.

Lol. When the beat goes down, it's gonna be a good beat like Fela's drum. grin tongue

Yea, Ogunkoya is a typical Ijebu name, so there is 95% chance that he is ijebu.
So what airport are you planning on buying? tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

That's what's up. We've always been the cutest by ratio - apart from those dark skinned hinterland Yoruba folks lol. TY Ogunkoya is definitely going places - proud of that guy, man. And he's super intelligent and educated as well. He has a degree in Engineering from the prestigious Imperial College.

Dont know about those names, the only Dabiri I have heard of is Abike Dabiri and she is from Ikorodu, but then Ikorodu people are believed to have migrated from Ijebu land. I have never heard of Demuren before, are you a Demuren? tongue tongue tongue

Who's Abike Dabiri? Nah, Ikorodu folks didn't migrate there - the place has always been part of Ijebu Kingdom, ditto most parts of the Islands in Lagos that isn't Eko - all the way to Epe.

I can't put my last name on here lol. But I know a few Demurens and they're all Ijebus.

Nigerians know how great that man was, well maybe except the indomie generations.
My mom used to tell me so many tales about the Ransome-Kuti family. Thats one great family.
My parents listened to Ebenezer Obey and Sunny Ade, hence my love for them.
But basically, I love more of serene musical instrumentals.
Should try some Fela again, this time with an open mind, maybe I would feel something.

This is my favourite Fela tune here - just check out the saxophone, the percussion, and the sync of the sound and rhythm. Legendary!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQBC5URoF0s
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 1:40am On Feb 28, 2015
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by Missy89(f): 4:12am On Feb 28, 2015
SirShymexx:
Missy89

Check out this tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwZNL7QVJjE

Not bad. Is this what you are into now?
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 9:24am On Feb 28, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. When the beat goes down, it's gonna be a good beat like Fela's drum. grin tongue

That's what's up. We've always been the cutest by ratio - apart from those dark skinned hinterland Yoruba folks lol. TY Ogunkoya is definitely going places - proud of that guy, man. And he's super intelligent and educated as well. He has a degree in Engineering from the prestigious Imperial College.

Who's Abike Dabiri? Nah, Ikorodu folks didn't migrate there - the place has always been part of Ijebu Kingdom, ditto most parts of the Islands in Lagos that isn't Eko - all the way to Epe.

I can't put my last name on here lol. But I know a few Demurens and they're all Ijebus.

This is my favourite Fela tune here - just check out the saxophone, the percussion, and the sync of the sound and rhythm. Legendary!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQBC5URoF0s

I wouldn't look at that Ty twice if I saw him in a neutral place or something. There is something effeminate about him . undecided
Abike Dabiri was a broadcaster on NTA. She used her platform to draw attention to masses suffering from poverty and injustice. She was compassionate on TV. She is now a politician representing Ikorodu constituency.
Now thats one beat of Fela I fit mess with. Lol....
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 12:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
Missy89:

Not bad. Is this what you are into now?

I'm into a lot of genres of music - that's an old skool soul by Ben E. King. Anyway, my first love and greatest love of all, will always be hip-hop(rap), especially G-funk from the West Coast. You need to get into hip-hop, and let me show you the spiritual side of it, while we puff puff pass the zoobie. What do you think? tongue

Anyway, check out this tune. It's called "garage"(the fast one 4x4) and it's from the UK. And we dance to it in a cool way, with two fingers - coolest dance ever out of London Town. This tune used to be huge out here in 2008 - with everyone going bonkers in the club. Nothing special, I just want to know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTsHWzvJWDQ
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2015
DollyParton1:

I wouldn't look at that Ty twice if I saw him in a neutral place or something. There is something effeminate about him . undecided
Abike Dabiri was a broadcaster on NTA. She used her platform to draw attention to masses suffering from poverty and injustice. She was compassionate on TV. She is now a politician representing Ikorodu constituency.
Now thats one beat of Fela I fit mess with. Lol....

Yes, he does look androgynous and somewhat like the negro version of Justin Bieber. When he hits 40 and he's out of the modelling world, he definitely need to grow a mustache like his pops and get that proper male swagger back. But I don't think he's into black chics - he looks like the type who loves his snow bunnies. grin

Darn!! You sure love 'em looking masculine, rugged, and rough, no? - I like that. With all that badonkadonk, who else can handle all that apart from rough riders? tongue

Nice - I'll be on the look-out for the woman. Ikorodu women seem to have the juice. Lola Alakija and now this one. When next I hit naija, I need to check the place out - those are la familia right there. Last time I was in Lagos, I was on the Island. Went to Epe once, and was on the mainland twice. The mainland has to be hell on earth but I still hit some hoods like a hood moped to puff on that sticky zoot with my cousin, running around in vest and shorts. I defo need to hit other parts of Lagos.

Also, check out this next tune from the legendary catalogue of the great Fela Kuti - legend. You should learn a thing or two from this one. tongue The drums, man - greatness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSVhz1laO5w
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 1:33am On Mar 01, 2015
SirShymexx:

Yes, he does look androgynous and somewhat like the negro version of Justin Bieber. When he hits 40 and he's out of the modelling world, he definitely need to grow a mustache like his pops and get that proper male swagger back. But I don't think he's into black chics - he looks like the type who loves his snow bunnies. grin
Bottom line, don't flatter yourself girl, he wont even look at you once.......

Darn!! You sure love 'em looking masculine, rugged, and rough, no? - I like that. With all that badonkadonk, who else can handle all that apart from rough riders? tongue
Masculine, yeah. Rugged and rough? No. I like em smooth and dark like chocolate. wink wink

Nice - I'll be on the look-out for the woman. Ikorodu women seem to have the juice. Lola Alakija and now this one. When next I hit naija, I need to check the place out - those are la familia right there. Last time I was in Lagos, I was on the Island. Went to Epe once, and was on the mainland twice. The mainland has to be hell on earth but I still hit some hoods like a hood moped to puff on that sticky zoot with my cousin, running around in vest and shorts. I defo need to hit other parts of Lagos.
So you checked out the Kalakuta Republic?
Also, check out this next tune from the legendary catalogue of the great Fela Kuti - legend. You should learn a thing or two from this one. tongue The drums, man - greatness.
I dont know.... someone needs to break and analyze the beat for me... cant go past 3mins on any Fela's music.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 2:33am On Mar 01, 2015
DollyParton1:

Bottom line, don't flatter yourself girl, he wont even look at you once.......

Lol. When did I become a girl? grin

Masculine, yeah. Rugged and rough? No. I like em smooth and dark like chocolate. wink wink
So, no love for light-skinned nyygahs, no? Well, the Poles done use all their slots. tongue

So you checked out the Kalakuta Republic?

Not yet.

I dont know.... someone needs to break and analyze the beat for me... cant go past 3mins on any Fela's music.

I shall break it down for you when I see you. But you gotta to twerk and shake that thang like Fela's dancers.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 8:55am On Mar 01, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. When did I become a girl? grin
no bro. I meant that's what your post implied. Just reading in between the lines.

So, no love for light-skinned nyygahs, no? Well, the Poles done use all their slots. tongue
There is enough love to go round. cheesy cheesy

Not yet.

I shall break it down for you when IF I see you. But you gotta to twerk and shake that thang like Fela's dancers.
Fixed.
You just gotta talk about twerking innit?
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 1:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
DollyParton1:

no bro. I meant that's what your post implied. Just reading in between the lines.

Lol. Yous crazy! grin

There is enough love to go round. cheesy cheesy

Then show light-skinned nyggahs some love. I'm not dark-skinned yano? I'm also not light-skinned. I'm caramel - something like Nas' completion. So, where is the love?

Fixed.
You just gotta talk about twerking innit?

Yes, that's what real African do, and should do lol. I remember growing up, and every time we go to naija parties - it's always about naija women shaking their badonkadonks to African sounds and drums - showing off their natural gifts, while being proud of the unique gifts of black women. But these days, it's all about dancing azonto, skelewu and all those crippled dance. That shiit ain't flee, man. grin We need to bring the old school African women back! cool

Do you know Shina Peters? - that was a legend dem times there. His music used to kill naija parties, I tell ya. I still clown around with my dargs about the legend of Shina Peters. grin
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 11:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Yous crazy! grin
Then show light-skinned nyggahs some love. I'm not dark-skinned yano? I'm also not light-skinned. I'm caramel - something like Nas' completion. So, where is the love?
Told ya, there is enough love to go around. Moreover, we are all equal in Gods eyes. But not in my eyes tongue tongue tongue. The sight of a dark-skinned-looking-like-Taye-Diggs man, gives me 0rgasm. grin grin grin grin

Yes, that's what real African do, and should do lol. I remember growing up, and every time we go to naija parties - it's always about naija women shaking their badonkadonks to African sounds and drums - showing off their natural gifts, while being proud of the unique gifts of black women. But these days, it's all about dancing azonto, skelewu and all those crippled dance. That shiit ain't flee, man. grin We need to bring the old school African women back! cool

Do you know Shina Peters? - that was a legend dem times there. His music used to kill naija parties, I tell ya. I still clown around with my dargs about the legend of Shina Peters. grin
He is an Egba son ya know. I still listen to Sir Shina Peters when ever I want that nostalgic feeling of my childhood . While the moms and dads were moving to Sunny Ade and Obey's beat at parties, we kids were twerking to Shina Peters and Dayo Kujore on the side.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 12:06am On Mar 02, 2015
DollyParton1:

Told ya, there is enough love to go around. Moreover, we are all equal in Gods eyes. But not in my eyes tongue tongue tongue. The sight of a dark-skinned-looking-like-Taye-Diggs man, gives me 0rgasm. grin grin grin grin

Lol. Don't worry, I shall give you something far better than 0rgasm - make you squirt like a muthaphucka. grin I'm crazy, yo. I take dark-skinned nyggahs chics...so it's nothing and you'll get got with ease. tongue

He is an Egba son ya know. I still listen to Sir Shina Peters when ever I want that nostalgic feeling of my childhood . While the moms and dads were moving to Sunny Ade and Obey's beat at parties, we kids were twerking to Shina Peters and Dayo Kujore on the side.

I never knew he's Egba but his music was heavy at naija parties out here back in the day. Shina Peters was the shiznit.

Anyway, can you shake it and dance like those Yoruba women? grin
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 12:15am On Mar 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Don't worry, I shall give you something far better than 0rgasm - make you squirt like a muthaphucka. grin I'm crazy, yo. I take dark-skinned nyggahs chics...so it's nothing and you'll get got with ease. tongue
I never knew he's Egba but his music was heavy at naija parties out here back in the day. Shina Peters was the shiznit.

Anyway, can you shake it and dance like those Yoruba women? grin

Thats how my momma taught me to move.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 12:17am On Mar 02, 2015
DollyParton1:

Thats how my momma taught me to move.

Lol. Darn! Show me what momma gave ya...I'm ya patient now, Doc. Dolly! tongue grin

Let me see what you got again - where the pics at? tongue
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 12:23am On Mar 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Darn! Show me what momma gave ya...I'm ya patient now, Doc. Dolly! tongue grin

Let me see what you got again - where the pics at? tongue

Momma told me to keep what she gave me. Aint no showing the world.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 12:27am On Mar 02, 2015
DollyParton1:

Momma told me to keep what she gave me. Aint no showing the world.

Lol. You know momma never said that.

This is what she said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtUVQei3nX4
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 1:36am On Mar 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. You know momma never said that.

This is what she said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtUVQei3nX4

Aint no way momma gonn say that cos momma dont snoop like dogg
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 1:52am On Mar 02, 2015
DollyParton1:

Aint no way momma gonn say that cos momma dont snoop like dogg

Lol. Momma gotta listen to dad - and dad's home now, so drop it like it's hot. tongue

Daddy's home, home for you, and I know you've been waiting for me all day -----it's time to play------I'll get you hoooot. lipsrsealed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD8mxge6kek
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 1:54am On Mar 02, 2015
Err, I'm gone for a week after today - see you next week, Dr. Dolly.

Holz is callin'.

Let me leave you with one of my favourite tunes ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVucWRs-eWA
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 7:33am On Mar 02, 2015
Alrighty... enjoy your holz.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by DollyParton1(f): 8:55am On Mar 02, 2015
By the way Sirshymexx, you going to the belly of the beast for holidays? tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by yetseyi(f): 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
SirShymexx:

I'm enjoying ya debate with dolly, never knew you had this in you lol.

Anyway, what is the average Ijebu chic like? I haven't met that many, apart from those in my immediate family.

I have an ex who is half-Ijebu(dad) from Ijebu Ode and half-delta Igbo. Had a short fling in Uni with a next chic whose parents are from Ijebu Ode...she was in Aston Uni back then. And some chic that got away late last year cos I didn't know a next girl I had a one-night stand with talks to her. Ol'girl snitched on me and we haven't been cool since then. That is like one of the most beautiful chics I have ever seen - a proper wifey. Her dad is Ijebu but it seems her mum is from Osun.

Apart from those three, I don't really know much, tbh.

@dollyparton1

Lol. Don't worry, keep shooting. I'm enjoying the posts and you are entitled to ya opinions.

Haaaahaa lets just say i observe more and I try to exchange ideas with people that are ready to see beyond their opinion. Some folks cant handle a discourse without hate words/subtle insults /direct insults and the likes especially when they feel the discussion is not going in their favor. I am sort of allergic to hate words/insults, Most times i may just keep quiet even when I have a contrary opinion and like someone I know said 'you can never quote silence:.

Average Ijebu girl hmm just normal like other girls i think. I have not really met much apart from my family members and they are great but then I cant generalize

3rd paragraph hmm no comment.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by yetseyi(f): 8:14pm On Mar 03, 2015
ermm dollyparton

Cant really quote your last post

At least you agree that we manage resources loool. contrary to what you think we also do help people in genuine need.

The most important part of the post for me was the last paragraph where you said its about dealing with the individual first. That's just it.

Ermm sirshymexx happy holidays, are electronic devices prohibited at the Belly of the beast (where exactly is that dolly?)

And sorry to both of you for replying late.
Re: Happy Valentine From Me To All by SirShymexx: 11:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
DollyParton1:
By the way Sirshymexx, you going to the belly of the beast for holidays? tongue tongue tongue tongue

Belly of the Beast is London Town - the financial and political capital of the Anglo-American axis and the world.

Out of town.

Enjoy this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZXeCNUb75U

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Engagement List / Men Who Suffer In Silence / I Used Charm To Marry My Husband!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.