Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment (2155 Views)

APC Youths Blast Bisi Akande Over Comment On Buhari's Health / Mark Zuckerberg: FFK And Reno Omokri Spar On Facebook Over Comment About Hausa / Akpabio Refuses To Apologise To Goje In The Senate Over Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by UrennaNkoli(f): 1:41am On Feb 15, 2015
Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has criticised the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone 2, Joseph Mbu, for urging the police to kill 20 civilians for a policeman that is killed before, during and after the general elections.
Mbu, on Thursday in Abeokuta, Ogun State, had also ordered his men during his official visit to the Eleweran Command headquarters, to arrest even the governor of the state if they find him to be violating the law on election day.
“If one of my men is killed, I shall kill twenty of them but don’t shoot first. If they shoot you, shoot back in self-defence. Anybody who fires you, fire him back in self-defence. Our actions and activities will go a long way to decide this election, so, I have come to tell you that we must remain impartial in ensuring free, fair, peaceful and violent-free polls.
“As far as the law is concerned, we are not going to respect anybody and whoever is coming to the booth should vote and leave peacefully. Anyone who comes there to campaign, even if it is the chief executive of the state, a constable at that polling booth would stop him,” Mbu said.
In a letter made available to our correspondent on Saturday, Soyinka described Mbu as a “political jobber” ready to be used by the Peoples Democratic Party-led Federal Government.
“Goliath Mbu is the latest kid in town, fresh from his triumph in ‘taming’ governors all over the nation, and reveling in his new elevation for jobs well done. A political jobber by instinct though a clamberer through the police profession, he has wasted no time instructing his men to return violence for violence, fire for fire.
“He has been displaying his new attire and pips all over the place, demanding to be noticed – as if his facial snarl is not already plastered over the pages of media annals of police infamy, reminiscent of the good old days of one Inspector-General (Sunday) Adewusi, who would appear on television dripping with gas-canisters and grenades, with a detachment of Kill-and-Go,” the Nobel laureate stated.
According to Soyinka, Mbu’s actions and words are similar to that of Adewusi.
He said, “Is history about to repeat itself in microcosm? Adewusi was sacked by the Buhari coup and vanished from the police political rostrum.”
Soyinka also expressed his regrets and anger over the failure of governments to punish persons like Adewusi for his impunity rather he said, those who have acted with impunity were usually accorded state recognition.
“This warped apportionment of deserving it must be that drives such officials to treasonable conduct under democracies. If the trend changes and even the police are made to account for abuses of office, abuses of the collective rights of citizens, then perhaps we might see the end of arrogant partisanship in the performance of police duties,” he added.
In a related development, the All Progressives Congress in a statement issued on Saturday, described Mbu as a “lawless and barbaric” policeman who should urgently be called to order by the police authorities.
“Since his posting to the Zone 2 Command, this contumacious policeman has exhibited an egregious act of lawlessness by barging through the Lekki Toll Plaza without paying toll and then ordering the arrest of policemen and workers at the Plaza. Is it not an irony that a man who is trained to enforce the law is the same who is breaking the law?” Said the APC publicity secretary, Mr. Lai Mohammed.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/soyinka-flays-mbu-over-comment/
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by ascaris(m): 1:46am On Feb 15, 2015
This man talks on virtually everything.
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by UrennaNkoli(f): 1:49am On Feb 15, 2015
ascaris:
This man talks on virtually everything.
What do you mean by he talks on everything ? Isn't he correct ? How can mbu come and threaten us with death if one policeman is killed ? Mbu himself is a thug. Let him enjoy his post while it lasts.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by shakol91(m): 1:51am On Feb 15, 2015
I don't know if this thread will get to front page,but I'm taking this space to
RANT
and express my displeasure over all the nonsense threads that have been making front page for the past 24hrs when my own career thread www.nairaland.com/2147555/thread-professional-trained-insurance-brokers is in need of urgent help and neither seun nor his mods are ready to help. Enough of cleavage this,cleavage that threads, psquare and don jazzi this and that. Pre valentine,during valentine and after valentine this and that. I think NL deserves reasonable topics on homepage
?
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by sammynash11(m): 1:52am On Feb 15, 2015
cool
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by saaedlee: 1:53am On Feb 15, 2015
"Goliath Mbu" the new kid in town!
May he not end up like Sunday Adewusi, Amen!
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by UrennaNkoli(f): 1:54am On Feb 15, 2015
shakol91:
I don't know if this thread will get to front page,but I'm taking this space to
RANT
and express my displeasure over all the nonsense threads that have been making front page for the past 24hrs when my own career thread www.nairaland.com/2147555/thread-professional-trained-insurance-brokers is in need of urgent help and neither seun nor his mods are ready to help. Enough of cleavage this,cleavage that threads, psquare and don jazzi this and that. Pre valentine,during valentine and after valentine this and that. I think NL deserves reasonable topics on homepage
?
Calm down na.. Express your grievance directly to the mods..you can mail them. I understand ur pain sha.
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by Nobody: 1:54am On Feb 15, 2015
chief,professor,native doctor wole soyinka always confused hope u are making plans to swap to APGA wen buhari fails, cos we d PDP's dnt need ashawo politician.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by UrennaNkoli(f): 1:55am On Feb 15, 2015
saaedlee:
Let him continue to form superman.
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by sammieguze(m): 1:57am On Feb 15, 2015
That mbu no get sense at all.

Let them try it sha. I trust lagos people.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by ascaris(m): 1:58am On Feb 15, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

What do you mean by he talks on everything ? Isn't he correct ? How can mbu come and threaten us with death if one policeman is killed ? Mbu himself is a thug. Let him enjoy his post while it lasts.
This is my point.
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by elbinmanny(m): 2:42am On Feb 15, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

are u one of those who were commissioned to kill the police A clear mind fears no threats and accussatioons cheesy
By the way...I wont take a man who can not keep a woman yet calls another man's wife shepopotamus undecided

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by elbinmanny(m): 2:48am On Feb 15, 2015
sammieguze:

empty threats from the slaves of arabic slaves cheesy a typical lagosian will first of all remove his shirt then trouser...opens his big mouth and starts ranting...taking a boxers pose....runs around shouting kilo shele...ahhhh....ahhhh...emi? Picks up a log of wood and attacks condemned cars by the road and later scampers away... abi no be yorubas again grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by kestolove95(m): 2:53am On Feb 15, 2015
Mbu shud b posted to yobe or maiduguri let him go nd shw his madnesss. Dia
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by madridguy(m): 2:56am On Feb 15, 2015
Let him do as he like soonest when his Otuoke boss tenure expire he will be charge for his act in Rivers State.
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by elbinmanny(m): 3:03am On Feb 15, 2015
kestolove95:
Mbu shud b posted to yobe or maiduguri let him go nd shw his madnesss. Dia
anothee pvc cloner undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by waternogetemeny: 3:10am On Feb 15, 2015
Wole Soyinka the APC spokes person, Amaechi defender and Buhari confidante.

Mbu is doing his job. Political Thugs and Militants have been warned against cop killing or 20 shall fall that day.

All their man, shall fall dat day.
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by menix(m): 3:12am On Feb 15, 2015
Ow I wish GEJ wuld mk MBU Efcc chairman, dat man has got ballz..

Most of dis pple angry wiv Mbu ve dey got planz to kill d police.
Well nah as I come lagos I kno say yoruba man fit use rant rob barrack.....
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by KHAYGOLD(m): 4:58am On Feb 15, 2015
Make I just sit down carry stool dey watch. Fidgeting my leg and shaking my head for Mbu.
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by tit(f): 5:08am On Feb 15, 2015
i know soyinka is a cultist,
but does he support killing police and soldiers?
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by udemzyudex(m): 6:11am On Feb 15, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

why youself wan kill police man? If you don't have any hidden agender,i see no reason why you should be bothered,cos he said don't shoot first,shoot them in self defence.. Now,why will a reasonable person shoot a police officer that is trying to maintain law and order in a community?
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by udemzyudex(m): 6:14am On Feb 15, 2015
sammieguze:

lol...wetin dem wan do? When he arrest that LCC staff and remove the security men there what did lagosian do? Abeg no dey form rambo for here jare... BTW i'm also a lagosian. Anybody wey do anyhow go see anyhow,una go only shout ni...
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by omenka(m): 7:07am On Feb 15, 2015

“He has been displaying his new attire and pips
all over the place, demanding to be noticed – as
if his facial snarl is not already plastered over
the pages of media annals of police infamy,
reminiscent of the good old days of one
Inspector-General (Sunday) Adewusi, who would
appear on television dripping with gas-canisters
and grenades, with a detachment of Kill-and-Go.”
Vintage Soyinka!!
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by phlemzy: 7:35am On Feb 15, 2015
menix:
Ow I wish GEJ wuld mk MBU Efcc chairman, dat man has got ballz..

Most of dis pple angry wiv Mbu ve dey got planz to kill d police.
Well nah as I come lagos I kno say yoruba man fit use rant rob barrack.....
I think his bravery is needed most in Sambisa forest. He should be made to head a team of selected mopol that will join JTF to fight those BH fighters in the NE.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by ba7man(m): 7:36am On Feb 15, 2015
Mbu will certainly be demoted once GEJ is kicked out.

Buhari knows a lot about jailing people so I won't be suprised if some tanoids are hunted down and jailed too.
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by Akshow: 7:48am On Feb 15, 2015
elbinmanny:
empty threats from the slaves of arabic slaves cheesy a typical lagosian will first of all remove his shirt then trouser...opens his big mouth and starts ranting...taking a boxers pose....runs around shouting kilo shele...ahhhh....ahhhh...emi? Picks up a log of wood and attacks condemned cars by the road and later scampers away... abi no be yorubas again grin

says a cowardly flat head that the hero of their entire tribe ran cowardly with his tail between his legs in a woman's bra pant and dress to ivory coast. grin Suegbe. Tell gej that mbu too small. u think Yorubas are foolish like u people that ur leaders play u around like ball.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by alaoeri: 7:54am On Feb 15, 2015
saaedlee:
Unfortunately ppl like him end up that way & the funniest thing is that those he is working for now may turn against him tomorrow.
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by jorlons(m): 7:56am On Feb 15, 2015
ok
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by PassingShot(m): 8:00am On Feb 15, 2015
PDP must be dislodged from the center for there to be any traces of sanity within our armed forces.

As it is, we do not have a C-in-C but a comedian in Chief in the person of Mr. JonaTAN, the Clueless One.
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by Freelancer00(m): 8:56am On Feb 15, 2015
elbinmanny:
You have no sense sir. And an Igbo man would face the barrel of a gun and die like a fowl abi?
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by UrennaNkoli(f): 9:37am On Feb 15, 2015
PassingShot:
PDP must be dislodged from the center for there to be any traces of sanity within our armed forces.

As it is, we do not have a C-in-C but a comedian in Chief in the person of Mr. JonaTAN, the Clueless One.
Re: Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment by elbinmanny(m): 10:40am On Feb 15, 2015
Freelancer00:
You have no sense sir. And an Igbo man would face the barrel of a gun and die like a fowl abi?
use your head.. im neither ibo, yoruba or hausa cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

LIVE: March4buhari Walk From Area 1 To Old Parade Groind Abuja / Revealed: Reasons Buhari Went To Germany / Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.