Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? (82971 Views)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Construction Pictures Of A 5 Bedroom Bungalow With A Pent House / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by ipain: 11:28am On Feb 15, 2015
Hello, please how much will it cost to build a 5 bedroom bungalow on a dry land of 100 x 50.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by ejikeme(m): 11:57am On Feb 15, 2015
it depends on the location. in Enugu according to the design you have up here, I'll day plus or minus #5mil
and 50 by 100 will leave little space after the house is constructed.

location??

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by eghosajohnny: 12:05pm On Feb 15, 2015
ipain:
Hello, please how much will it cost to build a 5 bedroom bungalow on a dry land of 100 x 50.

First of all for that building and 5bdrm 50x100 is small and if you want it as it is shown on the 3d depends on the location it will take about 8m to achieve it,what I want to know is the location so I can give you a quote here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by ipain: 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2015
eghosajohnny:

First of all for that building and 5bdrm 50x100 is small and if you want it as it is shown on the 3d depends on the location it will take about 8m to achieve it,what I want to know is the location so I can give you a quote here
Benin city is the place. Thanks. It seems you are Benin but don't know if you are based in Benin. The land is somewhere behind evobtubu, okokugbo... Don't know if I spelt that right... Cos I am not a typical Benin

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by ipain: 12:29pm On Feb 15, 2015
ejikeme:
it depends on the location. in Enugu according to the design you have up here, I'll day plus or minus #5mil
and 50 by 100 will leave little space after the house is constructed.

location??
Benin
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by ejikeme(m): 12:37pm On Feb 15, 2015
ipain:
Benin

***update***
i do work in Enugu and FCT. also did a lil bit of attachment with a firm in Nassarawa.
depending on the finishing expected of the work, I'll say #9mil will do it.
and it will help more if the plan can be made available for apraisal. not all five bedroom bungalows are the same.
you can send the scanned copy to the contact options of my signature.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
50X100 just doesn't favor bungalows.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by ipain: 1:09pm On Feb 15, 2015
CityNG:
50X100 just doesn't favor bungalows.
I can't afford a duplex

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by tushbobo(m): 1:20pm On Feb 15, 2015
It all depends on the finishing you want to achieve, high or medium( I know it can't be low from the 3d you posted)
Also, to get an accurate rough estimate you need to give an idea of the gross floor area... or better still the site showing the building footprint. This will enable a close to accurate parametric estimate to be done.
Based on the plot size, i estimate the building area to be 270sq.m hence u should budget about 10 million naira especially considering your finishing and roof style.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by adebaxton(m): 1:39pm On Feb 15, 2015
The Building Carcass which includes its completion to roofing and plastering will be in the region of 5.5 to 6million NGN.

Is there a prepared building plan for the proposed project ? Dimension of all parts of the proposed features will be needed to ascertain the actual amount needed which may not be up to the projected 5.5m to 6m indicated above.

Bldr. Adebayo A.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by ipain: 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2015
Thanks to everyone who has commented so far. I was actually informed by the architect that the building would require a 100 by 100 plot. But I feel it can be done... I also appreciate the offer estimates. eghosajohnny, I will like to hear your words
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by ipain: 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2015
adebaxton:
The Building Carcass which includes its completion to roofing and plastering will be in the region of 5.5 to 6million NGN.

Is there a prepared building plan for the proposed project ? Dimension of all parts of the proposed features will be needed to ascertain the actual amount needed which may not be up to the projected 5.5m to 6m indicated above.

Bldr. Adebayo A.

thanks...
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by eghosajohnny: 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2015
ipain:
Thanks to everyone who has commented so far. I was actually informed by the architect that the building would require a 100 by 100 plot. But I feel it can be done... I also appreciate the offer estimates. eghosajohnny, I will like to hear your words

I was around that area today,I went to check a plot with a nairalander and to be straight that design you posted will be too big for 50x100 trust me if possible you can call me and let's meet but I will advice if you make the plot a 100x100 it will be but either way maybe you check for other design and get something similar but I don't advice 50x100 for that bungalow

You can call me on 07014709098
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by eghosajohnny: 7:19pm On Feb 15, 2015
[quote author=eghosajohnny post=30761641]

I was around that area today,I went to check a plot with a nairalander and to be straight that design you posted will be too big for 50x100 trust me if possible you can call me and let's meet but I will advice if you make the plot a 100x100 it will be but either way maybe you check for other design and get something similar but I don't advice 50x100 for that bungalow

You can call me on 07014709098 and caculative 8m or a little less will take the job cos I am doing something similar for the client I meet with today in the same location
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by eghosajohnny: 11:26pm On Feb 15, 2015
[quote author=eghosajohnny post=30761781][/quote]

I will be expecting your call.

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by ipain: 10:27am On Feb 16, 2015
eghosajohnny:

You can call me on 07014709098
thanks... I think I will look for a 4bedroom design. I just love something aesthetic and eye-appealing.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by eghosajohnny: 10:37am On Feb 16, 2015
ipain:
thanks... I think I will look for a 4bedroom design. I just love something aesthetic and eye-appealing.

That's ok but if you need the 5bdrm you can add it as a penthouse
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by mufutau55(m): 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2015
ipain:

Ipain, the way it's been done is that since you already have the land and you know the size and there is nothing you can do about that, get the survey plan for the land and send it to an Architect and tell them how many rooms you want, and the Archie will design to fit your land for you.
A 5 Bedroom will surely fit into a 50x100ft, but it will be design for that size... so looking at a 3D drawing is not going to help you. Tell the Archie you want the house to look like the one you posted and it will be adjusted a little to accommodate your design. I hope you understand what I mean.

You also fail to give full detail specifications for the 3D you posted.. may be there are some unnecessary things/space that may be cut out of that design to make it fit perfectly in your already owned land.. You cannot amend your land, but you can amend the building plan.
How can people here say they don't advice a 50x100ft land for a bungalow when people are using half a plot for a bungalow.

Hajji M.

35 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by ipain: 9:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
mufutau55:

Ipain, the way it's been done is that since you already have the land and you know the size and there is nothing you can do about that, get the survey plan for the land and send it to an Architect and tell them how many rooms you want, and the Archie will design to fit your land for you.
A 5 Bedroom will surely fit into a 50x100ft, but it will be design for that size... so looking at a 3D drawing is not going to help you. Tell the Archie you want the house to look like the one you posted and it will be adjusted a little to accommodate your design. I hope you understand what I mean.

You also fail to give full detail specifications for the 3D you posted.. may be there are some unnecessary things/space that may be cut out of that design to make it fit perfectly in your already owned land.. You cannot amend your land, but you can amend the building plan.
How can people here say they don't advice a 50x100ft land for a bungalow when people are using half a plot for a bungalow.

Hajji M.
thank you very much sir. I will do as you have said.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

well said sir.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by adebaxton(m): 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
You spoke my mind @ Hajji Mufutau

mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by ipain: 12:14pm On Feb 25, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
i have got a surveyor to do the survey. thanks for the advice. once its done,i will get the design
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by mufutau55(m): 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2015
ipain:
i have got a surveyor to do the survey. thanks for the advice. once its done,i will get the design

That is good. Yes, that is the first thing, the survey. Then the Architect will use the survey to design the house of your choice.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by Arnoldfish(m): 2:19am On Feb 26, 2015
ipain:
if you need an architect to work on you drawing, i can provide one for you. contact us on 08177657745
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by ipain: 7:21am On Mar 01, 2015
Arnoldfish:

if you need an architect to work on you drawing, i can provide one for you. contact us on 08177657745
can you produce something as aesthetic as the one on this thread or in the bracket of Skimanski? smiley Let me know. I don't want a plane drawing but something unique.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by century106: 10:30am On Mar 01, 2015
This may have been said already; but 50x100 will leave little or no space after the 3D image I'm seeing is built on it. I'm equally building a 5 bedroom bungalow and so far I'm close to 2Mil mark excluding cost of land and I just reached roofing level shocked (currently considering parapet feature & it's high cost)... I'm envisaging spending another 1.5Mil or so for parapet and longspan step tiles roofing and maybe another 1.5 - 2Mil to do an average standard finish - it's a village country home after all. So my brother for this 3D I dey see so, set your mind on 5Mil and above depending on taste, materials and labour cost in Benin

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by century106: 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Well said sir!, but for the 'bolded' part; it depends largely on the size of the bungalow sir and the parking/free space requirements. What I think many of us is saying is that if the 3D he posted is actually the building, the space left on either side of the building on 50x100 plot will be small. My similar project is about 68x50 seating on a 100x100 plot.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by mufutau55(m): 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
century106:
Well said sir!, but for the 'bolded' part; it depends largely on the size of the bungalow sir and the parking/free space requirements. What I think many of us is saying is that if the 3D he posted is actually the building, the space left on either side of the building on 50x100 plot will be small. My similar project is about 68x50 seating on a 100x100 plot.

You are definite right... but all I am saying is that he should present that 3D design with his land survey to the Architect and it can be modified to look exactly like the 3D design except smaller (not as wide as the 3D design). Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by topsy23: 5:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
For your Electrical, plumbing design drawing and installation. Contact us

For further info call 08033643191 or 08051750560
Whatsapp : 08033643191
Email; atope23@live.co.uk or topselg.engineering@gmail.com
Pin: 24ED26C9

You can visit our thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1804476/complete-package-design-drawing-electrical

https://www.nairaland.com/1233943/contact-us-electrical-mechanical-plumbing/9
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by ipain: 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
century106:
This may have been said already; but 50x100 will leave little or no space after the 3D image I'm seeing is built on it. I'm equally building a 5 bedroom bungalow and so far I'm close to 2Mil mark excluding cost of land and I just reached roofing level shocked (currently considering parapet feature & it's high cost)... I'm envisaging spending another 1.5Mil or so for parapet and longspan step tiles roofing and maybe another 1.5 - 2Mil to do an average standard finish - it's a village country home after all. So my brother for this 3D I dey see so, set your mind on 5Mil and above depending on taste, materials and labour cost in Benin
thanks for the info. I have settled for a 4 bedroom. Please the envisioned 1.5 Million, is it for parapet+roofing? What is the average cost of parapet alone and what is the average cost of roofing alone and when we add the 2 together what should one be expecting? I am asking this cos some folks make it seem like parapet will cost around 800k excluding roofing. So, your answer is highly needed and appreciate in anticipation.

Thanks.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by century106: 9:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
ipain:
thanks for the info. I have settled for a 4 bedroom. Please the envisioned 1.5 Million, is it for parapet+roofing? What is the average cost of parapet alone and what is the average cost of roofing alone and when we add the 2 together what should one be expecting? I am asking this cos some folks make it seem like parapet will cost around 800k excluding roofing. So, your answer is highly needed and appreciate in anticipation.

Thanks.
I did say '1.5M or so' so it may run into 2M, I have an open mind about that but it won't pass that Mark. And yes it's parapet + roofing. Truly parapet is a money gobbler but if you want it, you can get it. I have studied the process and what to expect and for my project I will be spending not more than 400 - 500K for the parapet. I have been actively involved in my project and so I have learnt a bit of the trade and was able to even make estimate myself and compared it to estimates I got. The only thing that may raise my projected budget for parapet+roofing will be the choice roofing sheets and not the parapet. If you know the parameters of your building, I can guide you to make estimate for the parapet so you know if you should include it as it is necessary to know most of the features the house will have even before setting out the foundation.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? by century106: 9:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
mufutau55:

You are definite right... but all I am saying is that he should present that 3D design with his land survey to the Architect and it can be modified to look exactly like the 3D design except smaller (not as wide as the 3D design). Thank you.

Hajji M.
You are right sir and that's the best solution.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Your Increte (decorative Stamped Concrete Floor design in Ngeria) Pictures / The Real Developers Of Lagos: Top 30 Real Estate Developers / Average Number Of Blocks For A 4 Bedroom Bungalow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.