Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:13 PM

Which Would You Go For As A Parent?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Would You Go For As A Parent?? (806 Views)

How Can A Parent Tame A Delinquent Child? / A Parent's Level Of Patience Is Eternal... (hillarious Pic) / Photos Of The Day! As A Parent, What Will Be Ur Reaction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Would You Go For As A Parent?? by yemicoal(m): 2:37pm On Feb 15, 2015
Reprimanding a child, which is more effective. Using a cane or just scolding ??
Re: Which Would You Go For As A Parent?? by ArchEnemy(m): 2:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
Use anyone as appropriate
Re: Which Would You Go For As A Parent?? by yemicoal(m): 2:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
ArchEnemy:
Use anyone as appropriate
hmm... So u have no preference?
Re: Which Would You Go For As A Parent?? by ArchEnemy(m): 2:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
yemicoal:
hmm... So u have no preference?
I wont like to cane always though
Re: Which Would You Go For As A Parent?? by 1miccza: 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
Both as the case demands
Re: Which Would You Go For As A Parent?? by Dyt(f): 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
Wet palm on his wet bum

Lol, when my lil man knows he's done smth wrong and I call him or sees me coming, he starts holding his bum shouting soyiiiiiii or waving or putting two hands together and bowing.
grin grin
Re: Which Would You Go For As A Parent?? by Ewuro4: 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2015
Dyt:
Wet palm on his wet bum

Lol, when my lil man knows he's done smth wrong and I call him or sees me coming, he starts holding his bum shouting soyiiiiiii or waving or putting two hands together and bowing.
grin grin

grin grin

He's already terrified of you Dyt.. E rora oh
Re: Which Would You Go For As A Parent?? by Dyt(f): 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2015
Ewuro4:

grin grin

He's already terrified of you Dyt.. E rora oh

Ma, that boy is just 2.4mnths but his troubles are out of this world. No one can correct him, he will open that his small mouth to say I shlap u.

Akanbi buru lomo grin grin
Re: Which Would You Go For As A Parent?? by mutter(f): 8:02pm On Feb 15, 2015
Neither of the above.
In most cases when you do something wrong. I call you privately talk to you, preach and advice you.
My children hate this because I can repeat myself over and over again for a long time and you have to listen to it grin

Scolding is something you get when you are loud, don`t tidy your room, do`t do your homework properly.

Spanking on the fingers by little kid`s - like don`t touch the cooker.

You see i am this very mild understanding woman.

BUT THE DAY YOU TRY TO BE RUDE TO ME OR DISOBEY ME- God help you that day oh!

Remember once my first daughter was trying to get cheeky on me- had too many white friends.

I warned her! I am warning you -1, I am warning you -2 and then she tried it a third time -grumbled when I asked her to open my hair..

I chased her into her room- "since we are now mates you will strip and I will strip and we will look at each others unclothedness!". She cried and call my husband begging for help. My husband had to hold me I would have carried out my treat.
Needless to say that was the last day she ever tried it.
My husband told me he never knew he married a typical village woman grin grin
Or once my son dd not go to school but came back home to watch TV. I kicked his ass all the way back to school. You can imagine on the streets of Germany, me running behind him and kicking him grin grin

Yes my children think I am a little bit crazy and can disgrace them anywhere so they are cautious, with obeying the rules.

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For As A Parent?? by Ewuro4: 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2015
Dyt:

Ma, that boy is just 2.4mnths but his troubles are out of this world. No one can correct him, he will open that his small mouth to say I shlap u.

Akanbi bury lomo grin grin

Agba wa bura grin .. I'm sure you did more than him. Infact e sho ara yin ninu Ile yen and stop spanking that boy or gbadogbado a gbowo agbado lowo gbogbo yin angry
Re: Which Would You Go For As A Parent?? by Dyt(f): 8:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
Ewuro4:

Agba wa bura grin .. I'm sure you did more than him. Infact e sho ara yin ninu Ile yen and stop spanking that boy or gbadogbado a gbowo agbado lowo gbogbo yin angry

Motigbo ma
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For As A Parent?? by Ewuro4: 8:28pm On Feb 15, 2015
Dyt:

Motigbo ma
cheesy grin

Good. grin

(((hugs))) (for him not mummy tongue)
Re: Which Would You Go For As A Parent?? by Nolablack85: 5:07am On Feb 16, 2015
It really depends on the age, the child, and the offense. When children are smaller, they tend to need more spankings because they don't have a filter and tend to do more dangerous things. It's about saving their lives. Spankings are more effective because they don't have reasoning skills. As they get older, you can do more scolding because they understand reason, but when they do something outrageous, they still need spankings. It also depends on the child. Some children are completely unreasonable and need many spankings, especially when they have committed the same offense more than once. Finally, it depends on how serious what they did is. Lying and/or stealing automatically warrant a spanking. Things like not putting away toys or not finishing their homework usually require a scolding. We also like to take things away in our house. Last week, our second son did not finish and turn in his homework. His dad took away all screens (no tv/game/tablet) for more than a week. This hurt our son immensely. If he does it again, he will get a spanking, lose screens for a month, and get a daily scolding. Our oldest gets A LOT of spankings, though he's almost a teenager, because he's always doing something ridiculous and never seems to think it is his fault. We always follow up spankings with scoldings. Children must understand why they are getting spankings and that it is a corrective action for their benefit.

It also depends on the parent. I used to be a really, really strict, spanking parent. As my children got older, I scolded more. Their father is the same. Just tonight, while I was at the store, he spanked our youngest, who is 7, for deliberately spraying water from the shower sprayer onto their bathroom floor after I meticulously cleaned the boys' bathroom. When I got home, I scolded him. I asked him "Are you a stupid boy?" He responded "No". I said "You are right. You are not a stupid boy, so you must make good decisions. That was not a good decision". Then I told him how to clean it up properly, which he did. I think he needed both, in this situation, because we have only ever scolded about them wetting up the floor. Anyway, yes, it depends on a lot of things. Only you know your child.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Of A Parent Can You Be: Cute Photos / Most Beautiful Picture / Familylanders: Share Your Throwback Photos!!! (fun Time!!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.