Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria (34820 Views)

Man Forges Wife’s Landed Documents, Sells Her 2-storey Building In Lagos / Nigerian Lady Dies During Childbirth, Leaving Her White Hubby & Son Behind / DOUBLE TRAGEDY: 2 Kids Corpses Found In Deep Freezer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by coogar: 11:24pm On Feb 15, 2015
Ewuro4:

grin grin coogar eh.

irresponsible woman, she doesn't deserve those kids.

i mean - who goes to a wedding for 3 weeks? so she has no family or friend she could have left the kids with before flying to nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by damiso(f): 11:27pm On Feb 15, 2015
So there was no responsible adult that she could leave them with to be a guardian No friends, church members, relatives?

And for 3 weeks?

Some people get mind o...

She probably felt the 13 yr old could take care of the 10 yr old like he/she probably does when she goes to work or parties. Na wa.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by Ewuro4: 11:33pm On Feb 15, 2015
coogar:

i mean - who goes to a wedding for 3 weeks? so she has no family or friend she could have left the kids with before flying to nigeria?

Maybe she didnt want them to know her plans... witch things grin

You can't even leave your pets alone unattended for 12hrs not to talk of days. Those kids are best with their father , else foster home here they come sad

You know cases like these sometimes makes me question God , why favor irresponsible peep with children when the good ones are often denied?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by coogar: 11:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
Ewuro4:

Maybe she didnt want them to know her plans... witch things grin

You can't even leave your pets alone unattended for 12hrs not to talk of days. Those kids are best with their father , else foster home here they come sad

You know cases like these sometimes makes me question God , why favor irresponsible peep with children when the good ones are often denied?

that's the irony of life.
irresponsible wretched people don't need IVF or epidurals to birth a child. having children is as easy as swallowing a slice of cake for them.

7 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by cococandy(f): 11:49pm On Feb 15, 2015
Na wa.

Is that woman mentally ok?
No babysitter,food or heat in this freezing times.
Jeez!

4 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by ladygogo: 12:28am On Feb 16, 2015
Owambe addiction. grin She didn't even bat an eyelid until she was told the she was being investigated.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by OnyeEgo1(m): 12:46am On Feb 16, 2015
All i can c is one sided judgements of a one sided story

1 Like

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01am On Feb 16, 2015
ladygogo:
Owambe addiction. grin She didn't even bat an eyelid until she was told the she was being investigated.

LMAO!

My parents could leave me at home at age 13, and I would have been able to handle the house efficiently. Most kids born in Nigeria are already in SS1 at that age anyway.

It makes no sense. Why don't they have heater? Didn't she pay the electricity bill?? What bout their father? Is a maid, aunt or uncle suppose to check on them regularly? How come they had no food? Didn't she give them a Nigerian phone number that they could easily reach her on?

This story would make much sense if her motive was to abandon those kids but for an owanbe party, something is not adding up for me.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:04am On Feb 16, 2015
I'm honestly still in shock that this actually happened.

Completely gobsmacked.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by ladygogo: 1:25am On Feb 16, 2015
Shollypopzz:

LMAO!

My parents could leave me at home at age 13, and I would have been able to handle the house efficiently. Most kids born in Nigeria are already in SS1 at that age anyway.

It makes no sense. Why don't they have heater? Didn't she pay the electricity bill?? What bout their father? Is a maid, aunt or uncle suppose to check on them regularly? How come they had no food? Didn't she give them a Nigerian phone number that they could easily reach her on?

This story would make much sense if her motive was to abandon those kids but for an owanbe party, something is not adding up for me.

lol. Maybe the addiction took over and she couldnt think straight. She was probably only thinking about the aso-ebi and 18k gold she was going to rock and the jollof rice she was going to devour at the wedding. grin

Jokes apart, the lady did wrong and its definitely a case of misplaced priorities. Some people will rather shop and show off than heat up their damn homes.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by Beetle: 1:33am On Feb 16, 2015
No, isn't the same story that was in Evening Standard earlier this year about the mum leaving the kids with the uncle but uncle refused to come over and was checking them now and then again. The said uncle later got arrested for neglect and the woman was stuck cos she getting her papers sorted out. Can't be a coincidence sha! I hope.

1 Like

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by kr0ne(m): 9:11am On Feb 16, 2015
If God no give her pikin now she go begin curse her village people. Yeye woman!

1 Like

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by j4sure(m): 9:13am On Feb 16, 2015
UK STUFFF

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 9:16am On Feb 16, 2015
tdayof:
smh we really need the e-slap button. angry

Seun, oya the balls are in your backyard. Add eslap button option to offered choices ( not just like,modify, follow,share, quote or report).

1 Like

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by AKPOSbaba: 9:16am On Feb 16, 2015
If dem press the deportation button now
She go begin catch winch.

1 Like

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by zubby29(m): 9:17am On Feb 16, 2015
wen u go get sense,y are so tribalistic? wat has yoruba got to do wit dis?
simplemach:
I smell yoruba woman arround. Dem too like wedding. Imagine leaving these kids all by their selves because she want attend gbedu.

1 Like

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by ttmacoy: 9:20am On Feb 16, 2015
Putting aside the obvious irresponsibility of leaving the kids like that, what type of wedding lasts 3 weeks?
Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by LewisO: 9:20am On Feb 16, 2015
simplemach:
I smell yoruba woman arround. Dem too like wedding. Imagine leaving these kids all by their selves because she want attend gbedu.
Make sure u have sense small, don't be a stark illiterate.

If you are twice as smarter as u are now u did be absolutely silly! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by queenbesha(f): 9:24am On Feb 16, 2015
Quite unfortunate!!!

But wait ooo....maybe she came for souvenier gringrincheesy

SMH for the poor kids who actually think they have a mother not knowing she is just one of those wicked nannies!!! cry

Bu let's not judge her sha..since no one knows the full story.
Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by utelebaba: 9:24am On Feb 16, 2015
I quite unfortunate to her.
Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by hectorswag(m): 9:27am On Feb 16, 2015
Iamsynord:
Every one condemning the woman ..Nobody gave the Consideration that she might have gone to Nigeria for the wedding as it will provide money for her that she will use to come back and take care of the same children .
Maybe her Old billionaire friend called her to sign a contract, maybe her Mum wanted to see her ...
True. That might happen, but there ought to have been arrangements for the kids.

They could be going to school alright but there should have been a nanny or relative that would stay with them.

What if they experimented in the kitchen, and got the house on fire, what do you think would have happened? These days we can't afford to leave nothing to chance, anything can happen when you least expect.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by eldnix: 9:27am On Feb 16, 2015
Hmmm nija don d tink lik whites...y una d judge d. Woman wen una no knw d whole story?...nw person wey d 10 n 13yrs old still b pikin?...dem no sabi sweep n tidy up tins?...no b. Dia fault na abroad cos am...spoilt children..no nigerian or even african culture in dem...mtcheew..next page abeg!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 9:27am On Feb 16, 2015
Iamsynord:
Every one condemning the woman ..Nobody gave the Consideration that she might have gone to Nigeria for the wedding as it will provide money for her that she will use to come back and take care of the same children .
Maybe her Old billionaire friend called her to sign a contract, maybe her Mum wanted to see her ...
Maybe you don't live in the West. Leaving minors alone at home for only a few hours is a no-no. Let alone weeks. It is inexcusable. A typical 9ja lady would have friends from church or Mosque or social club and so on. Those kids could have lived with family friends.

No need spending three weeks in 9ja for a wedding. About 10 days will do if you're leaving kids behind.
Nothing is worth losing your kids to the state for.

It is very likely that she has been doing that before to go work or even travel.

And more reason why kids need a dad & a mum. Some women use Western laws to kick husband out (not saying it's the case here) and then struggle looking after their kids alone.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 16, 2015
i blame the kids.....13 and 10 years old??....

u mean these kids couldnt keep the house clean and get the house heated??...@13??...realy??....if am not mistaken the years...those kids must be dumb....

cos i know the mother must have left food in the fridge or store some foods for them to survive on..for the next two weeks....

a true Nigerian kid...at age 13....can even do more than expected from any kid of this age around the world....

those Yankee trained Nigeria kids are just too dumb for my liking....

come naija...u see seven years old setting the gas cooker...putting food on the fire....and can even cook indomie.....

trust me.....

6 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by Pangea: 9:29am On Feb 16, 2015
Na craze be this o!

Some people can die for owambe sha
Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 16, 2015
3 weeks for a wedding
The couple are already back from honeymoon sef

And how didnt she leave food or heating for them?
No friends?
No family member?
No Church members?
Must she attend the wedding?
If she can afford a ticket, how come she couldnt afford childcare?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by r33d(m): 9:29am On Feb 16, 2015
What a bad mother! Where is the father? Such troubling question that define this situation. In just a few more years, these duo will become adults. Is this life? If you cannot give your all to make your seed better than you, do not bring forth that seed. sad sad sad
Re: Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria by fandango: 9:32am On Feb 16, 2015
I tripped for the nija bôbö wey wynd am comot for house,cross boaorder for 3weeks kerewawa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Couple Who Wedded 3 Days After Meeting Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary (photo / Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck / His Friend And His Wife Are Having An Affair!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.