Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul (4216 Views)

Dasuki: GEJ Ordered Me To Share N10Billion To PDP Delegates - Saharareporters / How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post / Profile Of The New Amnest Cordinator. Gen. Paul Boroh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by dulaman: 7:58am On Feb 16, 2015
Former Commandant of the Nigeria Defence Academy (NDA), General Paul Tarfa has said that the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has never been a religious bigot, but a man committed to discipline.

He added that it is foolish for anyone to say that Buhari does not have school certificate.

Tarfa said in Abuja that most Nigerians who joined the army during the Nigerianisation of the Nigerian Army in the 1960s obtained their school certificates after becoming officers.

“I had the same Principal with General Buhari in person of Mr. West,” he said

Tarfa, who has lived a quiet life since he retired from the army, said: “I stand up here to say a few words about General Buhari because I am one of those who know him most.

“We met in 1963 as cadets and we shared one thing- discipline, punctuality and purposefulness.

“Like him, I heard erroneously that I am a fanatical Christian. I don’t know if I am, but I am a Christian to the letter.

“I remember that Buhari used to say that following the tenets of Islam does not make one a fanatic.

“If I read my bible before I sleep, does it make me a fanatical Christian?

“In addition to what has been said, I want to say that in 1984 when he was the head of state, I was posted to the Nigerian Army Ordinance Corps in Lagos from the Command and Staff College in Jaji. The Nigeria Defence Academy was on its way to becoming a degree awarding institution. I was in Lagos for only three months and there was a reshufflement and I was asked to go back to Kaduna.

“I reported to him that I had just come here and so, let me stay here. He said no, in the first place, your posting to the Ordinance Corps is wrong. I want you to go to the Defence Academy because I want our future officers to take after your character. So, I took my wife and family and returned to Kaduna.

“On my first week in the academy, I blew what we called the tattoo. Tattoo means blowing horn at 12 midnight or after to make sure you catch those who are not in their dormitory.

“Before then, Gen. Buhari had heard that our cadets were sleeping in surrounding villages. Some were going to Zaria to come back early in the morning, looking sleepy and not concentrating.

“When we blew the tattoo, everybody had to come out, even if you were sick and you had to be carried to the parade ground. When we counted, there were about 48 cadets absent that night. They were in the villages with prostitutes.

“I was with Prof. Ukpabi, who was then the Academy Provost. I said the number was too much for me to dismiss even though they were supposed to be dismissed.

“Out of the 48 errant cadets, about 32 were from the North, and out of these 32, the majority were from the far North. In other words, they were Muslim cadets.

“I flew to Lagos and met General Buhari and told him, ‘this is what you said we should do, bug look at the number.’

“Even though majority of them were Muslims, he said,’ dismiss them all.’ I told him that the number was too much and that if I did that, our Muslim brothers in Kaduna would kill me. He said, ‘They won’t. If these people become officers, they will not be good for us. There was no such thing as this during our time. We will not have half-baked officers, whether they are Christians or Muslims. If they are not good, it does not matter. So, dismiss them all.’

“When I came back, Prof, Ukpabi and I decided to dismiss the very bad ones and keep the good ones. That was how we restored discipline in the academy.

“What I am trying to say is this. where is the fanaticism here. He didn’t say because they were Muslims, we should leave them.

“This has been the character of General Buhari. If it is right, it is right.

“I am not trying to praise him, but to bring out the qualities in this man. A vote for General Buhari is a vote for change.

“People are thinking whether it is a do or die. To him, it is Nigeria first and not Buhari first. So, I believe a vote for Buhari is a vote for change; change for good.”

On Buhari’s educational qualification, he said: “Buhari’s principal was my principal. From their school, the principal, Mr. West was sent to our school.

“In those days when Nigeria was Nigerianising its military, many of the officers that you see today did not even have their school certificates until long after.

“When we were invited to go to Kaduna, we were given qualifying examination in English, Mathematics and General Knowledge, even before we took the school certificate exam. Some did not even wait to take their school certificates because vacancies were already waiting for them.

“It was after that qualifying exam that we were recruited into the army. By the time some had their school certificates, they had become officers.

“For example, Gen. Babangida never saw his school certificate until when he was head of state. I got my school certificate long after I became an officer.

“But there was officer cadet qualifying examination. About 240 of us sat for that exam in Kaduna”.
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-ordered-dismiss-48-errant-cadets-nda-32-muslims-gen-paul-tarfa/

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by Redoil: 8:03am On Feb 16, 2015
I smell lies and more lies just to make buhari relevant in the eyes of nigeria.
APC Propagandas and propagandist should just shut up and and let nigerian chose/vote for gej in peace so as to continue the transformation agenda.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by midep: 8:06am On Feb 16, 2015
Leave them with their propaganda, Buhari we know is our Choice.

A Dictator is far better than a failed President.

#March4Buhari.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by Redoil: 8:11am On Feb 16, 2015
A
Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by whizpet: 8:12am On Feb 16, 2015
Definitely the man is right, I stil remember when sambo went to norh he said the APC are Chritstians that the vice president has more than 5000churces, the campaign Manager is a christian and so on.. But on getting to South he said Apc are Musllims party trying to convince people that tinubu, Buhari and so on are Muslims. Even everybody knows that he doesn't have a clue to what he saying. I will be surprise if any of still think Buhari will izlamise the country. #GMB all the way.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by EnigmAries(m): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2015
This has been the character of General Buhari. If it is right, it is right.
This is the President we want, not some ethnic and religious bigots like Jonathan.
“For example, Gen. Babangida never saw his school certificate until when he was head of state. I got my school certificate long after I became an officer.
Even Jonathan's "Father" didn't see his School cert until 1985. You see?grin

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by Faibuhari: 8:16am On Feb 16, 2015
One day APC will inite Idiagbon from the grave to testify about the character of GMB and how idiagbon was the tyrant while GMB was Nelson MandeLa

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by EnigmAries(m): 8:20am On Feb 16, 2015
Redoil:
APC Propagandas and propagandist should just shut up and and let nigerian chose/vote for gej in peace so as to continue the transformation agenda.
This shows he knows what he's saying
For example, Gen. Babangida never saw his school certificate until when he was head of state.
Let IBB come out and deny it first.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by chamboy(m): 8:21am On Feb 16, 2015
Redoil:
You Are A foool if u take the word of a politician over a General

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by Ab025(m): 8:27am On Feb 16, 2015
buhari is cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by Chanchit: 8:32am On Feb 16, 2015
Redoil:

Your brain needs a corrective surgery, cos it tells you right things are wrong and that wrong things are right. I'm still waiting for someone to cook up a story(testimony) like this for GEJ, I know ur brain would welcome that one, but sorry bro' its never gonna come.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by Shoutozone: 8:36am On Feb 16, 2015
That's someone people claim is an islamist. He has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is a just man. And takes necessary steps at the right times.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by freeDR(m): 8:36am On Feb 16, 2015
chamboy:
You are a bigger fool for thinking a General can not lie.
Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by babadee1(m): 8:41am On Feb 16, 2015
freeDR:

If the man has lied then point out the lie with your proof to back you up, otherwise you are impugning the character of a soldier who served his country with merit without seeking for political rewards.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by clubone0502: 8:42am On Feb 16, 2015
How the army didn't stand up for one of thier own baffles me...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by UrennaNkoli(f): 8:43am On Feb 16, 2015
Good and some f00lish ones still go around making noise about his religion or his certificate or his political history. You'll all continue to fail just as ur chief master GEJ is already a failure himself. Let he who can believe the truth believe the truth and if you can do nothing but spread lies, then just keep quiet.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by chamboy(m): 8:45am On Feb 16, 2015
freeDR:
no one said he can't, it's like two GENERAL nw that have testify for buhari n some ppl still shout PROPAGANDA

Naturally sef, Prolonging this certificate issue, we r just ridiculing our COUNTRY

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by Sunymoore(m): 8:51am On Feb 16, 2015
if Buhari wins, his first action is to sack all the military heads

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by nex(m): 9:26am On Feb 16, 2015
Only a Government which has absolutely failed to achieve anything will choose to focus it's entire campaign on smearing a contender. Even Mugabe hasn't stooped that low. A man who has been in office for about 6 years is still telling us what he intends to do, and how we have to download a software application in order to experience what he has done.

SHAME!!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by Adminisher: 9:42am On Feb 16, 2015
Redoil:

Anybody arguing against Nigeria's education in the sixties is just deceiving himself. The standards were better than today's graduates. The quality of behaviour Paul Tarfa just described, how many 40 year old Nigerians have the discipline, courage confidence to act with such principled maturity. Compare this against Jonathan who does nit know ZERO about leader ship. Follow follow president with out inner core.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by Francman(m): 9:54am On Feb 16, 2015
nex:
Only a Government which has absolutely failed to achieve anything will choose to focus it's entire campaign on smearing a contender. Even Mugabe hasn't stooped that low. A man who has been in office for about 6 years is still telling us what he intends to do, and how we have to download a software application in order to experience what he has done.

SHAME!!!
I swear this pple get shame-proof.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by Francman(m): 9:58am On Feb 16, 2015
Adminisher:

Anybody arguing against Nigeria's education in the sixties is just deceiving himself. The standards were better than today's graduates. The quality of behaviour Paul Tarfa just described, how many 40 year old Nigerians have the discipline, courage confidence to act with such principled maturity. Compare this against Jonathan who does nit know ZERO about leader ship. Follow follow president with out inner core.
He had no shoes...
He has no clues...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 16, 2015
midep:
Leave them with their propaganda, Buhari we know is our Choice.

A Dictator is far better than a failed President.

#March4Buhari.
all these pdp e-goats crying foul?how many elders will come out to tell u d truth about buhari until believe the man has nigerians at heart? Abi na till all d people wey follow am go school come ait or nta? This ur otueke saviour,no one has come out to talk or associate with him not to talk of clearing the air about his phd!! Our elders,you've all done well,leave them to their mad diseases..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by Toktee(m): 10:06am On Feb 16, 2015
chamboy:
THANK YOU.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 16, 2015
yes he did my dad was part of the cadets dismissed...but that doesnt mean i should hate him

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by johncreek: 10:22am On Feb 16, 2015
Hit like if Goodluck is the man for change.
Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by vision2022: 11:26am On Feb 16, 2015
The truth is bitter, irrespective of politics of hate. GMB is the Man we need now.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by dridowu: 11:37am On Feb 16, 2015
I careless about pdp talk about Buhari, if they like, pdp can say that Buhari kill everyone that die yesterday, i careless about their diarrhoeic mouth, all what i know is that my vote stand attention for #GMB

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by lacasa: 11:39am On Feb 16, 2015
dridowu:
I careless about pdp talk about Buhari, if they like, pdp can say that Buhari kill everyone that die yesterday, i careless about their diarrhoeic mouth, all what i know is that my vote stand attention for #GMB

Shikenan!

No need for long surutu

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by hazyfm1: 11:40am On Feb 16, 2015
AND SOMEONE WILL WAKE UP AND TELL ME GMB IS A RELIGIOUS BIGOT

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by ionsman: 11:43am On Feb 16, 2015
The biggest f.ools are those that say,"Buhari will islamize this country".Like seriously, I never knew some Nigerians could Fall for that.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 16, 2015
If dem like make dem say you go bomb Africa tomorrow, in APC i stand, still FATE do us apart.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Scores Another Point Against Jonathan, READ How / Is A Good Dictatorship Better Than A Corrupt Democracy? / Nnamdi Kanu Has A Son Out Of Wedlock - IBTIMES UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.