Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,511 members, 7,801,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix (64338 Views)

Just Got Bitten By A Rodent / Bitten By Any Of These Beefore? See Photo. / What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by maestroz: 10:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
What is hippopotamus
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by Amadaz(m): 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
That leg 'll never remain the same
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by tsdarkside(m): 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
condralbede:
Hope they killed d hippopotamus..... that's a better meat.

So the big hippocampus just did this wicked bite and flee,this Cameroonian ppl self,my 9ja ppl will make sure they killed d beast no matter wat it takes.

you can not finish boko haram,,but the poor hippo must die,because it is defending its territory.....

ahhh..now i understand...because the hippo dont have bombs and guns and............

am sorry for the guy sha,,, sad
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
Lagusta:

This man is very lucky.....

If the hippo likes you, he would bite off an arm or a leg.....

If it hates you, it will bite off your HEAD!!!

Speedy recovery to the fisherman

But is this in borno state? Where??
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by frainc(m): 11:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
chillian:
Please I'm new here and I want to post as topic for discussion and I don't know how to go about it so pls my fellow nairalanders can some one help me out with the procedures. thanks
Go to the frontpage (home page)
Click on the section that goes with the topic you want write on
After the section must have open, click on (create new topic)
Then start your topic

I hope this help
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by ichidodo: 11:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
passionate88:
They are not predators
Hippos eat meat right? So what are they?...
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by Aydesmond(m): 11:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
like if you wish dis man quick recovery
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by HopeAtHand: 11:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
Aydesmond:
like if you want dis man quick recovery

Beggar....bad habit.
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by Terry68: 11:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
Sorry my brother.
Wishing you quick recovery

Very soon those APC vallons will say "PDP are the cause.
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by condralbede(m): 11:05pm On Feb 17, 2015
tsdarkside:

you can not finish boko haram,,but the poor hippo must die,because it is defending its territory.....

am sorry for the guy sha,,,
What's the relationship between BH and Hippo on this story pls....is BH a bush meatMan am a hunter not an army officer neither I am a civilian JTF,am speaking based on my field. cos d victim is a fisher man. tongue
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:07pm On Feb 17, 2015
cronus:

Hippo bites are deadly because of the excessive amount of bacteria they harbour in their mouths, bacteria from the bite can kill you quickly by leading to a serious infection that affects more than just the bite area.
I know...many animals habour bacteria in their mouth infact, virtually all animals but the kind and volume of bacteria they habour vary like the komodo dragon or burmese python. But the OP said it as if hippos contain venom. Their bite is not as deadly as that of most snakes tho like the king cobras, black mamba and taipan in terms of toxicity but if ur talking deadliness from the aspect of the ferociousness of the bite and blood loss, then u can bring hippos into the game.

3 Likes

Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by tsdarkside(m): 11:07pm On Feb 17, 2015
condralbede:
What's the relationship between BH and Hippo on this story pls....is BH a bush meatMan am a hunter not an army officer ;P

bros.. i am a hunter too...grin grin grin
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by condralbede(m): 11:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
tsdarkside:

ahhh..now i understand...because the hippo dont have bombs and guns and............

am sorry for the guy sha,,, sad
yes my man....hippo don't hv bombs and guns.thanks for d understanding.
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by internetpo(m): 11:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
Haba. This hippo dangerous o . quick recovery sir
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by madgoat(m): 11:16pm On Feb 17, 2015
mormoni:
I tot the same thing my dear. I was shocked hearing 4rm d man, that he was biten by a Hippo. All my thought was that "Hippos are extinct" but they aint.

There is a hippo in Maiduguri's zoo, but not a big one though.

Dumb thing to say or think.. How could you think hippos are extinct?

1 Like

Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by Segadem(m): 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
Divineluv14:
I didn't know hippos still exist
what of the one wey dey for aso rock
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by tsdarkside(m): 11:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
hey,the fisherman must be strong man ohhhh....that he even survived the hippo and fought so long with it...WOW shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by MadCow1: 11:23pm On Feb 17, 2015
mormoni:
These are wounds from the leg of a fisherman brought to our clinic after engaging in a fight with a very big hippo. According to our patient, the hippo attacked and destroyed their boat. He engaged in a fight with the hippo for over 30 minutes b4 finally escaping.
I will upload pix of the wounds b4 and after surgery. The surgical procedure is called debridement (surgical removal of dead tissues and foreign bodies).

According to my chief consultant, a bite from a hippo is more poisonous than a snake's bite.

So what happened to the Hippo? undecided

What is the name of your consultant? how can he say a Hippo invite is more poisonous than a Snake when Hippos are not even venomous nor poisonous? Are you sure your Consultant is not a quack? Please tell the man to go to a proper hospital for treatment before this your consultant would either complicate his already difficult case or worse kill him or make him lose his arm.

Poisonous Hippo? Like seriously?
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by myouri(f): 11:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
Jeeezz!! So glad he made it, those ugly things are really deadly.

Quickest recvry iPray grin.
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by Divineluv14(f): 11:29pm On Feb 17, 2015
Segadem:
what of the one wey dey for aso rock

Really? Tell me about am
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by cutebobo(m): 11:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
the man try sef to be able to fight the hippo despite the injury. anyway na God save ham

1 Like

Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by MadCow1: 11:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
cronus:

Hippo bites are deadly because of the excessive amount of bacteria they harbour in their mouths, bacteria from the bite can kill you quickly by leading to a serious infection that affects more than just the bite area.

What Bacteria?

You don start o!

What bacteria do you speak of?

Hippos are herbivores that don't eat meat so what bacteria do they have in their mouth and for what purpose?
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by Stylaay(m): 11:34pm On Feb 17, 2015
Dayuum thank God I didn't study merecine seeing stuff lyk dis na faint oo

1 Like

Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by tsdarkside(m): 11:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
MadCow1:

So what happened to the Hippo? undecided

What is the name of your consultant? how can he say a Hippo invite is more poisonous than a Snake when Hippos are not even venomous nor poisonous? Are you sure your Consultant is not a quack? Please tell the man to go to a proper hospital for treatment before this your consultant would either complicate his already difficult case or worse kill him or make him lose his arm.

Poisonous Hippo? Like seriously?

Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by tsdarkside(m): 11:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
[quote author=tsdarkside post=30832731][/quote]

true, i had the feeling ,by looking at the photos that the wounds are not been treated well...
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by Nickymezor(f): 11:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
My God! Wat a bad bite shocked..well thank God he made . A quick recovery to him . Hmmm, it's well .
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by Ilekeh(f): 11:43pm On Feb 17, 2015
ewwww. Once they taste human flesh, those animals will keep coming for more.
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by chidyke77(m): 11:43pm On Feb 17, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

I know...many animals habour bacteria in their mouth infact, virtually all animals but the kind and volume of bacteria they habour vary like the komodo dragon or burmese python. But the OP said it as if hippos contain venom. Their bite is not as deadly as that of most snakes tho like the king cobras, black mamba and taipan in terms of toxicity but if ur talking deadliness from the aspect of the ferociousness of the bite and blood loss, then u can bring hippos into the game.
U are definitely a fan of Nat Geo wild,on point.

1 Like

Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
I hope you sought your patient's consent before taking the pictures and writing about him/her. Cheers.
mormoni:
These are wounds from the leg of a fisherman brought to our clinic after engaging in a fight with a very big hippo. According to our patient, the hippo attacked and destroyed their boat. He engaged in a fight with the hippo for over 30 minutes b4 finally escaping.
I will upload pix of the wounds b4 and after surgery. The surgical procedure is called debridement (surgical removal of dead tissues and foreign bodies).

According to my chief consultant, a bite from a hippo is more poisonous than a snake's bite.
Re: A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
Very true! Hippopotami abound in benue and the hunters are brave. I hear the meat is a delicacy.
LordMecuzy:
Benue Fishermen for catch dat hippo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice / I Have This Skin Problem And I Am About To Get Married (Graphic Photo) / Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.