Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Gospel Piano - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Gospel Piano (600 Views)

Please I Want To Learn How To Play Piano Very Well / My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement / Piano Tutorial Links On Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gospel Piano by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 16, 2015
Hey there everyone.
Well i noticed on this forum there isn't any gathering like this in this area so i intend to create one. I'm going to start from like the basics and as indicated in the thread title, this thread is for gospel pianists/keyboardists particularly and is about the piano and our playing it in church. Other keyboardists and instrumentalists are welcome as we're all going to learn.
Okay so on fb i posted in a group called 'The Instrumentalist', basically emphasizing the need to know how to play in all keys. Here's what i posted:

"Worship and Praises in the key of F. Offering and tithe, Eb. Choir ministration, C. Pastor sings, falls in the key of B
Welcome song, G... All without the transpose button ...phew!!.
Actually, its nothing but its something when you only know sol ti reh and are restricted only to the key of C, or F# or F, and there isn't the transpose button. What do you guys think?"

There wasn't really many comments on the post as they didn't really understand what i was saying..... Its what i think.
So you may read the post now and tell me what you think, fellow Pianists/Keyboardists..?
Re: Gospel Piano by kilokeys(m): 1:18pm On Feb 16, 2015
pheeew.. transpose don spoil boys. all keys and their different flavours sha.
but really. i tot i couldn't . i have started.. hopefully i should be proficient enough with more time..

#acoustic guitarist too
Re: Gospel Piano by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
kilokeys:
pheeew.. transpose don spoil boys. all keys and their different flavours sha.
but really. i tot i couldn't . i have started.. hopefully i should be proficient enough with more time..

#acoustic guitarist too
Really nice as you have started. Once you understand and can play well in all keys, you'd understand the instrument quite better. I play the box too.
Re: Gospel Piano by nke001: 1:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
Following!
Re: Gospel Piano by kilokeys(m): 2:18pm On Feb 16, 2015
miclez:

Really nice as you have started. Once you understand and can play well in all keys, you'd understand the instrument quite better. I play the box too.

i still need help with d piano though.. jazz standards and d likes.. nothing beats d piano
Re: Gospel Piano by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
kilokeys:

i still need help with d piano though.. jazz standards and d likes.. nothing beats d piano
What would you want to know about jazz?

(1) (Reply)

Music: Blastique – Olosho |@barnablastique #blastiqueolosho / Djey James Blog || Download Mp3:: Djey James-9ja Groove Mix.mp3 / A Social Network For Your Music Career. Free Upload Of Music, Videos, Sales Ads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.