Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? (1555 Views)

What Rating Do You Think President Buhari Deserves Among Other Ex Presidents? / Do You Think President Buhari Will Win The Second Term In Office / Do You Think President Buhari Will Ban Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by saharachic(f): 1:43pm On Feb 16, 2015
i was asking some of my pdp friends this question
and i almost got a black eye for it
so i am asking here to gauge public opinions?
you who say jonathan is corrupt, why do you say so?
please keep your comments matured and clean.
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by SeverusSnape(m): 1:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
saharachic:
I know buhari is more corrupt than Him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by WisdomFlakes: 1:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
Well, didn't he say stealing is not corruption? How can such a character tackle corruption. Heck! He doesn't even think it's one of the major problems facing this country. At best, he looks the other way while his cronies loot the country dry. At worst, he's just as corrupt as Abacha was, if not more so.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by dulux07(m): 2:04pm On Feb 16, 2015
He z corrupt bcomes he supports corruption. simple. because itz difficult for a corrupt leader to tackle corruptn among itz followers.check out his allowances, pardoned alamesigha, 30bn dollars missin, immigratn over 500m, cctv abuja scam under his cabinet.non of this pple were probed.Wen d head is rotten, what happens to the rest of the body
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by saharachic(f): 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:

I know buhari is more corrupt than Him.

you are not wanted here if you think jonathan is a saint

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
Simple, because he said STEALING is NOT CORRUPTION
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by vincencior(m): 3:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
Under Jona so much water have passed under the bridge e.g pardoning of convicted criminals.

Oga blue pls ignore dat guy we dey copy ur story. We all knw u are d original writer. U knw wat i mean.
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by rusher14: 3:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
Because yam and goat...
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by vincencior(m): 3:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
Bluestarry:
Simple, because he said STEALING is NOT CORRUPTION

Under Jona so much water have passed under the bridge e.g pardoning of convicted criminals.

Oga blue pls ignore dat guy we dey copy ur story. We all knw u are d original writer. U knw wat i mean

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by saharachic(f): 3:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
vincencior:

this is a valid point

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by myproperty(m): 3:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
saharachic:

So he is not wanted here because he has a contrary opinion to yours? He never said Jonathan is a saint.

Is there any Nigerian president or head of state that is not corrupt? If you know one that is not corrupt mention is name and I would tell you how corrupt he is.

When mentioning the person's name, please also help by giving us your own definition of corruption.

All former and present Apex leaders of Nigeria are corrupt as at when they were in office, the difference between them are the level of corruption and performance in office. some are corrupt and still have one or two things to show, some are corrupt and when they leave office you cant attribute any physical achievement to them.

Transparency International (TI) has ranked Nigeria the 136th most corrupt country in the world and the 3rd most corrupt country in West Africa after Guinea and Guinea Bissau.

In its 2014 Transparency International Corruption Perception Index released, the group said it ranked 174 countries it surveyed based on how corrupt their public sector is presumed to be.

The measurement is based on a scale of 0 to 100 with a score of 0 perceived as “highly corrupt” and 100 “very clean”. Nigeria was ranked 136th with an index score of 27.

This record is Nigeria best ranking on Transparency International’s corruption perception index (CPI) under President Goodluck Jonathan.

Nigeria was ranked 144th in 2013, 139th in 2012 and 143rd in 2011 with the 2014 position bettering that of 2013 by eight places......http://leadership.ng/news/392876/nigeria-ranks-136th-corrupt-country-latest-global-corruption-index

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by saharachic(f): 3:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
myproperty:

So he is not wanted here because he has a contrary opinion to yours? He never said Jonathan is a saint.

Is there any Nigerian president or head of state that is not corrupt? If you know one that is not corrupt mention is name and I would tell you how corrupt he is.

When mentioning the person's name, please also help by giving us your own definition of corruption.

All former and present Apex leaders of Nigeria are corrupt as at when they were in office, the difference between them are the level of corruption and performance in office. some are corrupt and still have one or two things to show, some are corrupt and when they leave office you cant attribute any physical achievement to them.

that is the point of this thread. i know jonathan is corrupt, i am not debating it
so if you think gej is corrupt, then say why

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by myproperty(m): 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2015
saharachic:

that is the point of this thread. i know jonathan is corrupt, i am not debating it
so if you think gej is corrupt, then say why

Yes he is like every other past leaders. There is so much corruption in the oil sector ( I am not referring to Sanusi's accusation because he could not prove it and he kept mentioning different amount .), there is corruption in every sphere including the family. Most of the allegation, you and I can not prove it.
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by genpriest(m): 4:57pm On Feb 16, 2015
saharachic:

. This is corruption....not wanting someone else to share their opinion
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by Dewze(m): 5:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
@op; you opened this thread for your fellow APC allies to come tell you GEJ is corrupt. Ok, you have been told he is corrupt, you can sleep well tonight now.
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by babadee1(m): 6:27pm On Feb 16, 2015
myproperty:

Transparency International (TI) has ranked Nigeria the 136th most corrupt country in the world and the 3rd most corrupt country in West Africa after Guinea and Guinea Bissau.

In its 2014 Transparency International Corruption Perception Index released, the group said it ranked 174 countries it surveyed based on how corrupt their public sector is presumed to be.

The measurement is based on a scale of 0 to 100 with a score of 0 perceived as “highly corrupt” and 100 “very clean”. Nigeria was ranked 136th with an index score of 27.

This record is Nigeria best ranking on Transparency International’s corruption perception index (CPI) under President Goodluck Jonathan.

Nigeria was ranked 144th in 2013, 139th in 2012 and 143rd in 2011 with the 2014 position bettering that of 2013 by eight places......http://leadership.ng/news/392876/nigeria-ranks-136th-corrupt-country-latest-global-corruption-index

So some countries are perceived to have become more corrupt than Nigeria. It doesn't mean that Nigeria has become less corrupt under Jonathan.
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 16, 2015
vincencior:

Oga blue pls ignore dat guy we dey copy ur story. We all knw u are d original writer. U knw wat i mean
ya i understand. Thanks for the words.
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by jdilight(m): 7:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
saharachic:

I read the entire first page of this thread, l couldn't see any corruption charge against the President.

I began to think, something is wrong.

We have been sold a lie without fact.

The funny thing about this lie is we can't say this is the person that sold us this lie.

They made us believe we created these lies by ourselves. This means no one is responsible for the aftermath but us.

There are smart. We are our own enemies.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by myproperty(m): 11:40pm On Feb 16, 2015
babadee1:

So some countries are perceived to have become more corrupt than Nigeria. It doesn't mean that Nigeria has become less corrupt under Jonathan.

I am not comparing Nigeria to other countries. Now compare corruption perception index of Nigeria from OBJ's government.

In 2000- most corrupt nation in the world
In 2001, 2002 and 2003 second most corrupt nation in the world behind Bangladesh
In 2004- Third most corrupt nation in the world behind Bangladesh and Haiti
In 2005- 154th most corrupt nation from 159 nations
In 2006-142nd most corrupt nation with 9 others with the same position
in 2007- 147th most corrupt
In 2008-121st most corrupt nation
In 2009- 130th most corrupt
In 2010- 134th
In 2011-143rd
In 2012-139th
In 2013-144th
In 2014-136th
Was it worse than OBj's government? No OBJ government was worse in corruption
http://www.transparency.org/research/cpi/cpi_2001 and http://leadership.ng/news/392876/nigeria-ranks-136th-corrupt-country-latest-global-corruption-index
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by babadee1(m): 1:14am On Feb 17, 2015
myproperty:

I am not comparing Nigeria to other countries. Now compare corruption perception index of Nigeria from OBJ's government.

In 2000- most corrupt nation in the world
In 2001, 2002 and 2003 second most corrupt nation in the world behind Bangladesh
In 2004- Third most corrupt nation in the world behind Bangladesh and Haiti
In 2005- 154th most corrupt nation from 159 nations
In 2006-142nd most corrupt nation with 9 others with the same position
in 2007- 147th most corrupt
In 2008-121st most corrupt nation
In 2009- 130th most corrupt
In 2010- 134th
In 2011-143rd
In 2012-139th
In 2013-144th
In 2014-136th
Was it worse than OBj's government? No OBJ government was worse in corruption
http://www.transparency.org/research/cpi/cpi_2001 and http://leadership.ng/news/392876/nigeria-ranks-136th-corrupt-country-latest-global-corruption-index

This is from the Transparency International website; "What does a number mean to you? Each year we score countries on how corrupt their public sectors are seen to be." Their global corruption index measures perception not reality, meaning that there is no way their data can be used to objectively determine whether OBJ or GEJ had a more corrupt government than the other.
The most we can say is that GEJ has done a better job of image laundering as far as the idea of Nigeria and corruption is perceived in the international community.
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by chamboy(m): 1:25am On Feb 17, 2015
he embezzled funds during his tenure as acting governor of bayelsa
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by aresa: 1:29am On Feb 17, 2015
Is this a trick question because the fact that he's corrupt is no secrete to the rest of the world..
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by onagoodday1: 4:33am On Feb 17, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
Well, didn't he say stealing is not corruption? How can such a character tackle corruption. Heck! He doesn't even think it's one of the major problems facing this country. At best, he looks the other way while his cronies loot the country dry. At worst, he's just as corrupt as Abacha was, if not more so.
people like would be very obstinate to learn or b taught....no insults intended
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by bokohalal(m): 4:45am On Feb 17, 2015
babadee1:

Thank you!
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by myproperty(m): 7:10am On Feb 17, 2015
babadee1:

This is from the Transparency International website; "What does a number mean to you? Each year we score countries on how corrupt their public sectors are seen to be." Their global corruption index measures perception not reality, meaning that there is no way their data can be used to objectively determine whether OBJ or GEJ had a more corrupt government than the other.
The most we can say is that GEJ has done a better job of image laundering as far as the idea of Nigeria and corruption is perceived in the international community.

Hmmm really, I dont think any president in Nigeria has done much image laundering to the international world like OBJ. This is a neutral body.
I agree with you that it is perception, but I also do remember that it was that same period that the corruption perception index was very high that money was flying every where in "Ghana must go" bags within the corridors of power and the national assembly, it was no more hidden. In the streets of Abuja money where being carried about in boots of vehicles by politicians and they buy properties worth millions and pay from the booths of their vehicle.

I am not exonerating any politician because all of them are corrupt. But this same Corruption perception Index have been in used before this regime and had always been the best yard stick worldwide used in measuring a country's corruption perception index.But the facts remains during the era of some you see corruption walking on the streets of Nigeria.
Corruption runs through every where in Nigeria, in the local government, state government and federal government.

May God help us
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 27, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin is this a question grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do You Think President Jonathan Is Corrupt? by Largeese(m): 10:36pm On Mar 27, 2015
S.I unit of corruption does not need a definition

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram’s Jihad Is False- Escapee ( Channels TV ) / Jonathan Deserves Praise For Giving OPC Contract –gani Adams / Aisha Buhari Now On Facebook.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.