Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) (2061 Views)

9 Amazing Facts About Land Rover Defender / A Review Of Range Rover Vogue: Wike's Official Car (Photos) / Land Rover Is Rebuilding 1970s Range Rovers For The Wealthy (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by globalresource: 3:14pm On Feb 16, 2015
I want to buy a land rover freelander 2002. Auto transmission. Naija used. Pls I would love experienced nairalanders to advice me. I don't know much about the vehicle. Tell me about the good and bad. So I can make my choice. Thanks
Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by AutosBay(m): 4:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
Has lots of issues, with high cost of maintenance, would suggest you go for the 2003 version.
Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by Raymie(m): 7:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
RUN Bruh, FLEEEEEEEEEE!

7 Likes

Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by FlyboyZee: 11:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
Run! Run!! Run!!! very far and fast as if the car itself is chasing you.

That car is a bucket of troubles. If you don't believe me then google should be your neighbour. Thank me later, I'm used to saving lives lately...

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by globalresource: 11:30am On Feb 17, 2015
Thanks guys. I woke up today on my way to the office and I found the exact model overheating and smoking from bonnet. (Serious warning to me). A more experience guy ask me to flee
Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by chucky234(m): 12:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
Certainly the worst SUV ever assembled, don't even wish it for your enemy.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by Raymie(m): 1:47pm On Feb 17, 2015
chucky234:
Certainly the worst SUV ever assembled, don't even wish it for your enemy.
Why won't I wish such a car on my enemy? At least the car will keep him/her too occupied (and broke) to scheme evil.

5 Likes

Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by chucky234(m): 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
Raymie:
Why won't I wish such a car on my enemy? At least the car will keep him/her too occupied (and broke) to scheme evil.
LWKMD try dey pity your enemy ooo

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by viazi: 10:38am On Feb 18, 2015
Fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by BTT(m): 11:05am On Feb 18, 2015
Just run.

Google is your friend.
Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by romityl: 8:49am On Feb 19, 2015
Bro the only way u can njoy that car is when it has bin converted to a camry engin els ur in a dip mess I own a landrover freelander ..aftr conversion n all adjustment made nw my machanic begs me to cum to wrkshop cos de moto no gre giv wahala nting nting de man de regret why I convert the car I can giv u pix if u wnt 08037584787
Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by Jybz: 12:33pm On Feb 20, 2015
romityl:
Bro the only way u can njoy that car is when it has bin converted to a camry engin els ur in a dip mess I own a landrover freelander ..aftr conversion n all adjustment made nw my machanic begs me to cum to wrkshop cos de moto no gre giv wahala nting nting de man de regret why I convert the car I can giv u pix if u wnt 08037584787

Pls ehen.. Which model of camry engine entered the engine bay?
And I bilv its the camrys gear box u are using?
Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by globalresource: 12:58am On Mar 20, 2015
The advice here is fleeeeeee...lol. Thanks
Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 20, 2015
romityl:

Sounds good. Could you post pictures of the engine bay on this thread, so potential buyers of the Landrover Freelander can see and learn?

Seeing as that is what this thread is all about.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by oktawian(m): 9:45am On Mar 20, 2015
I guess half of this bad reputation is cos a poor quality of conversion from RHD to LHD.

1.8 petrol engine in freelander has an issue with headgasket but after fitting a naw set of head bolts and new metal version of headgasket everything is just fine.
Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 20, 2015
oktawian:
I guess half of this bad reputation is cos a poor quality of conversion from RHD to LHD.

1.8 petrol engine in freelander has an issue with headgasket but after fitting a naw set of head bolts and new metal version of headgasket everything is just fine.

I'm afraid it goes way beyond fitting a metal laminate cylinder head gasket, and a new set of stretch bolts.

The very design of the Rover K-Series engine was poor, flawed from the very onset of production. The cylinder head castings were poor, the steel liners in the aluminium block were badly supported, and they recessed, leaving the tops with inadequate sealing pressure from the gasket.

Many a K-Series block has passed through my shop.

The Freelander was one of British Leyland / Rover's worst models, poor design all through. The reasons not to buy one far outweigh any reasons to buy.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by oktawian(m): 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
In Europe they using them with 2.0 diesel engine that originally came from bmw .
Cos to be honest, 1.8 even if it has no headgasket issue it's simply to weak for this car ...
Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by globalresource: 9:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
On my way to office today, i saw a freelander overheating seriously and bringing out smoke. Early in the morning o
Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
oktawian:
In Europe they using them with 2.0 diesel engine that originally came from bmw .
Cos to be honest, 1.8 even if it has no headgasket issue it's simply to weak for this car ...

The BMW common-rail turbo diesel was only fitted from September 2003 till end of series 1 production.

Prior to this time, the 2.0 diesel fitted from 1996-2003 was a Rover design. Heavy, under-powered and extremely noisy. More clattery than an old generator.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by pestrolus2002(m): 8:19am On Apr 27, 2015
globalresource:
The advice here is fleeeeeee...lol. Thanks
bible said flee...Pls aviod the freelander.. it has a load of issues.. a close friend that has it knows all the best mechanics in town n he was entually advice to change to honda engine..

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On 2002 Freelander(land Rover) by globalresource: 12:16am On Apr 28, 2015
pestrolus2002:
bible said flee...Pls aviod the freelander.. it has a load of issues.. a close friend that has it knows all the best mechanics in town n he was entually advice to change to honda engine..

thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

Engine Shut Down When In Motion. / 2002 Toyota Camry Issue: Nairaland AutoMechanics, Come In / Toyota Corolla Sport 2007 Model Up For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.