Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” (70102 Views)

Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) / Amaechi Is Visibly Worried In Picture With Obasanjo...what Could It Be About? / Pic Of What CNN Just Tweet About Boko Haram Using Apc Campaign Bill Board. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by lalasticlala(m): 6:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
Obasanjo: “What I found out about Boko Haram”

Former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, has revealed new facts about Boko Haram, its founder and the insurgents. Obasanjo spoke to eNCA’s Raphael Ambasu in Kenya last week when he launched his memoir, My Watch. When asked why his efforts fell short despite being part of the negotiating team, Obasanjo said, ” I wasn’t negotiating on behalf of anybody. I decided to find out facts on my own. After the Boko Haram attacked the UN house in Abuja, I thought it was getting too far, I wanted to know if there is an organization, and if there is an organization, what is its objective? Are they organized? Do they have leaders? What are their grievances? Are they ready to talk and all that, which I took up on my own.

“I spoke to the president and said “look can I do this on my own?”, he said “look you can go and do it” and I thank him and I went. In fact he said he will give me a plane to go around. I said “look I don’t want a plane to go around because if I take a government plane to go around, I become a government agent and that would be suspect. No I don’t want the government to give it, so I did it on my own. The find, Yes, there is an organization, they have leaders, they have objectives, Sharia is their objective and Sharia law is not a problem, it is part of our constitution; they have grievances which nobody seems to be attending to, the development situation in their area.

“You see how they came about Boko Haram, that’s not the name they give themselves but their leader before he was killed in cold blood by the police. Mohammed Yusuf called in graduates that were with him and said “look bring your certificates, one who has first class, one who has second class, upper second class, lower and all that and one who has masters, so okay with your certificates can you use them to feed yourself? if you cannot use it to feed yourself, of what use is it?” So that’s where they got that appellation Boko Haram. Do they want to talk? At that time they wanted to talk, they even said they will talk not in Africa and I said to their proxy but look this is an African problem, it will be solved on African soil. Do they have leaders? yes they have leaders. So all things that I found out are reported faithfully to the authority.”

http://citypeoplegroup.org/i/obasanjo-what-i-found-out-about-boko-haram/

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by jayhem24: 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ebora owu, always on point, ride on BABA

173 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by SOLMICHAEL(m): 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2015
Well done Baba!!!!

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Clerverly: 6:34pm On Feb 16, 2015
This man has really destroyed jonathan! I pity jonathan and his wife! A very Useless family!!

267 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 16, 2015
Brb...

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:37pm On Feb 16, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
old fool

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
Clerverly:
This man has really destroyed jonathan! I pity jonathan and his wife! A very Useless family!!

The old fool has resorted to slander.

209 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 16, 2015
Obj just tell us who is behind boko haram and quit beating around the bush. Goddamn it

156 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by andy82: 6:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
[quote author=lalasticlala post=30791121][/quote]

Scrap

15 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by dayo23(f): 6:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
Buhari till Jonathan stop sponsoring Boko haram!
We are not fools, that man that usually stand infront of those military trucks claiming he is fighting for Allah we know were his loyalty lies.

153 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by hazvat(f): 6:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
Irumole owu talks with fact. More still to come

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
Jonathan destroyed Jonathan.

Thief Obasanjo really destroyed Nigeria.
Clerverly:

22 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by clevvermind(m): 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
Obasanjo is turning a talkative this days. is he smoking weeds?

152 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
Obasanjo, you brought this on us, thank God you're living to regret it.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by clevvermind(m): 6:44pm On Feb 16, 2015
Clerverly:

so you think your family is useful abi? is your family even known?

150 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by luvinhubby(m): 6:44pm On Feb 16, 2015
A man that sank $15 billion without generating 1 megawatts of electricity cannot have our interest at heart.
OBJ is a disgrace.

317 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by sammyj: 6:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
Why will this corrupt administration want BH to stop when they are seriously benefiting from the menace they created through lack of job creation and poverty in the country. They budgeted large amount of fund (security vote) to combat BH without procuring any arm for our gallant well respected army. Rather than fighting corruption within the army and his administration the clueless one resorted in defending his in competencies by saying stealing is not corruption. OBJ is right on point here and his words should not be overlooked when our incoming president the peoples general assume office come May 2015.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by chaberry(m): 6:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
I no longer read any news or article credited to this SHAMELESS OLD MAN cos i know they are always GIBBERISH and filled with SELFISH and HATRED comments against the CHOSEN ONE(GEJ), He has already turn himself into a radio without battery

106 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Makamuanwuo(m): 6:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
Clerverly:

jonathan family far beta than 30 generations of ur family...idiot

181 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by dre11(m): 6:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
So is baba saying that unemployment caused the formation of boko haram........

What has government done to allow youth to be employed even baba himself..... What did he do to arrest unemployment during his tenure.... Which is getting worse as the year runs out

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by clevvermind(m): 6:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
Makamuanwuo:
jonathan family far beta than 30 generations of ur family...idiot
i join you talk am. grin that guy is sick to the brain.

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
Baba please tell us more. We are enjoying your revelations about the clueless one.

grin grin

19 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by falconey(m): 6:55pm On Feb 16, 2015
the truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Dahjhi: 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
''OBJ, LOOK WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS NO LONGER OF USE...""'
*adjusts glasses cool

17 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by xandy84: 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
Do you have to be insultive to make your point? I find it difficult to comprehend why is so difficult for people to make a point without insult or abuse... nl is going to the dogs..

qquote author=Clerverly post=30791403]This man has really destroyed jonathan! I pity jonathan and his wife! A very Useless family!!

[/quote]

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
they have objectives, Sharia is their objective and Sharia law is not a problem, it is part of our constitution; they have grievances which nobody seems to be attending to, the development situation in their area.

Obasanjo is now toeing the muslim apologist line that Obama has fed him.

The bolded is total nonsense as this is the same line that bastard Obama is toeing.

Obasanjo you are a traitor!

WombRaiders:
The Obama administration wants the rest of the world to believe that wide spread poverty and systematic corruption are behind the Boko Haram insurgency. This off course is all hog wash rubbish from that muslim apologist bastard in the white house who has come out severally in defense of Islam more so than Muslims themselves.

Obama seems more bothered in defending Islam than condemning the acts of Muslims these days and he has gone a step futher to blame the west for the actions of Islamic terrorists group on them. This is akin to blaming the victim and turning the villan to the victim.

The current US ambassador ( that CIA bastard) has come out to even blame Christian communities for instigating attacks by muslims on them! Can you beat that crap?

Off course we all know what this rubish by the Obama administration is all geared towards ensuring that their preferred candidate from the north emerges back into power. The power dynamics of this will see a halt in further Nigerian Russian ad Chinnese cooperation that America feels left out.

The topic of debate here is to see exactly what is fueling radical Islam in the north and specifically the main inspirations behind the original core founders of the boko haram group.

28 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by mekaboy(m): 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
i remember i asked in one thread why nobody is blaming obj for bokoharam. Why would he allow sharia in our constitution?

I also said that buharis solution to bokoharam is the full implementation of sharia in all northern states , sacrificing the freedom of non muslims.

Where christian women in the north will be forced to wear hijab. A man and woman cant hold hands in public. Where people cant drink or smoke.

where peoples hands will be cut for stealing. People will be stoned to death for fornication.

Finally the bokoharam members will be paid and called sharia police to enforce these laws.

I pity the christians in the north if buharia gets there. But i am convinced he wont rule this nation.

114 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 16, 2015
berem:
Baba please tell us more. We are enjoying your revelations about the clueless one.

grin grin

fool.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by phlemzy: 6:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
Baba has decided to fire from all exhausts. Had Jona known.......

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by PointB: 7:01pm On Feb 16, 2015
I guess those boko haram members are the only ones with certificates yet without job!

Useless find!

35 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by hazyfm1: 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
INTERESTING

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

El-Rufai Absent At His Son, Bello’s Wedding (Photos) / EndSARS: Protesters Force Odumosu, Lagos Police Commissioner To Trek 10km / Security Operatives At Fela Shrine As Emmanuel Macron Visits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.