Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

The Etymological Dimension Of Love!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Etymological Dimension Of Love!!! (450 Views)

What Is Your Best Way Of Falling Out Of Love / Is It Possible To Fall Out Of Love? / Tears Of Love... A Magical Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Etymological Dimension Of Love!!! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
Hello dulls, I have remained anonymous on this section for quite a while.. I have seldomly contribute d on salient topics raised on this section..
This is more of an educational thread.. With my little knowledge of Greek, I will be leaving with you guys the foundations of the 4 dimensions of Love..
Here we go..
The word "love" is from a Greek word which is "philo".. The word love is divided into 4 and here is the dichotomy..
1.Agape Love :this love exclusively belongs to God which he shed abroad to men. He alone has the prerequisite to bestow his love freely to whoever he seems dim fit.. In his own words, Jacob, have I loved and Esau have i hated.. John 3:16 is a codification of God's Love..
2..Storge Love:it is also known as family love. The love bestowed upon the children by their parents.. A case study is that of a mother hen that took flight to rescue it's chick from the claws of a hawk. The mother hen ended up killing the hawk.. I read of a mother bird that covered up it's chick from being burnt from a furnace that caught the forest.. It perished with her young in the fire..
Women who abandoned their babies in the gutters, dust bin, etc are mothers without the Storge love.. So many women or men have erred being good parents to their kids..
Re: The Etymological Dimension Of Love!!! by stan241(m): 7:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
Well sadly the only "love" young folks know these days is "sex love" you know that one you prophesy when you want to get in a young lady's pants....nice write up
Re: The Etymological Dimension Of Love!!! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 16, 2015
stan241:
Well sadly the only "love" young folks know these days is "sex love" you know that one you prophesy when you want to get in a young lady's pants....nice write up
I will get to that.. Romance love will be the last I will handle.. Thanks. I appreciate you bro..
Re: The Etymological Dimension Of Love!!! by Movesz(m): 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
Love is a boring topic
Re: The Etymological Dimension Of Love!!! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 16, 2015
soooo true.

but you forgot

Nigerians love. grin
Re: The Etymological Dimension Of Love!!! by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 16, 2015
Continuation.. ..
Typing...
Re: The Etymological Dimension Of Love!!! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
Phyllia /phillio: this exist mainly between besties.. The fondness and likeness between friends fall under this.. A friend that sticketh closer than a brother falls under this category.
King David attested to the fact that Prince Jonathan love towards him was better and sweeter than that of a woman..
When you see 2 people that cannot be separated, they fall under this group of lover.
You have all heard of the saying that they are twin sisters from different mothers.. it could also exist between a boy and a girl..
I know of a couple whose romantic love graduated from this level..
Guys don't rule out the possibilities of you getting married to that lady that is your friend..
Come to think you should get married to your friend not enemy.. The key to a relationship is communication.. In a marriage you need to talk.. The more reason, you should consider marrying your friend..
Re: The Etymological Dimension Of Love!!! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
EROS LOVE:SEXUAL /ROMANCE LOVE
Re: The Etymological Dimension Of Love!!! by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
Continuation..
Typing...

(1) (Reply)

African Proverbs / #you Think Heartbreak Hurt?? Try Being Broke, You Will Hate Your Existence! / Can I Ever Love Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.