Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,576 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers (8997 Views)

Join Other Programmers / Programming Jargons Other Programmers Don't Know / How Many Other Programmers Do You Personally Know? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 7:00pm On Mar 16, 2015
What about a reverse Nairaland app/website. On Nairaland, people make post/threads depending on their knowledge or articles they read from the internet and Nairaland's bot bans some and claims that some threads are spam. What about if instead of the people making post/threads, Nairaland's Artificial Intelligence Bots made post/threads and humans banned what they like or didn't like and from there let the bots comment and talk to each other.
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
Im yet to find this. A website where I can schedule a danfo or bus trip from Lagos to Abuja. The price, how long it will take and the distance.
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 7:08pm On Mar 16, 2015
When I listen to radio stations, I here da Wizkid, Davidos, etc. U know the popular ones and those who made it. I respect them but what about a radio station app for the upcoming artists? The ones who dont have enough money to have their song on a big radio station? The ones who are not yet popular. The local ones, regardless of tribe? We should make a radio station app to play only songs from upcoming artists.
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 7:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
For the 100th Post what about a weather app that can tell us when it will rain, be dry, be very hot or be very cold and let us know how it will affect the country agriculturally and economically. If possible, we can tell the app to stop the rain. (Just Kidding). This can help increase our exports of goods and products and decrease our imports of them.

1 Like

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by PenSoftCorp(m): 7:57pm On Mar 16, 2015
what i would want to celebrate the 100th post is for the "mod to do the needful by bringing this to front page", so that those who are not programming oriented, but have a lot of ideas can make it come to pass.

1 Like

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by PenSoftCorp(m): 8:02pm On Mar 16, 2015
JackOfAllTrades:
^^ Ok let's vote then.
BTW @every one bitbucket repo has been created for NigeriaAppStore.
Please if you're participating show your interest, and the skills you're contributing, so you will be invited to the repo.

We need someone good in UI(css3, html5, JavaScript/Jquery), and some one good in UX(Provide quality images, beautiful responsive layouts, icons, provide cool color combo, fonts ) = 2 frontend guys.

we need backend guys too, (PHP Strictly OOP)

JackOfAllTrades -> contributing (php)
Suggestions are highly welcome, like what framework to use maybe dhtml.extreme framework etc

This project is expected to span for at most three weeks.

PS, we would need a host with ssh access.
i am very interested, i think i will take care of buying the domain name and hosting.
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 8:44pm On Mar 16, 2015
As you all know election is coming up. What if we had an app/website that could compare President GEJ and Buhari as well as Senators, Governors, and etc. We could look at their past deeds, accomplishments and etc.

1 Like

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 17, 2015
^^^Na badoo omo-mushin go come kill you for your house.

1 Like

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by ballantyne: 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2015
toshodei:
As you all know election is coming up. What if we had an app/website that could compare President GEJ and Buhari as well as Senators, Governors, and etc. We could look at their past deeds, accomplishments and etc.
What exactly should an app like that accomplish? Where will the data come from?
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by thewebcraft(m): 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2015
JackOfAllTrades:
^^ Ok let's vote then.
Please if you're participating show your interest, and the skills you're contributing, so you will be invited to the repo.

We need someone good in UI(css3, html5, JavaScript/Jquery), and some one good in UX(Provide quality images, beautiful responsive layouts, icons, provide cool color combo, fonts ) = 2 frontend guys.

Suggestions are highly welcome, like what framework to use maybe dhtml.extreme framework etc

Really love this idea I'm very good in php, javascript [JQuery, Angular], html5, css3, ui/ux design
send me a mail
lucky@chroniclesoft.com

1 Like

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by PenSoftCorp(m): 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2015
JackOfAllTrades:
^^ Ok let's vote then.

i think b4 we start, lets have the team complete here with everyone's commitment and they knowing their responsibilities, and then we start brainstorming and planning here, also we need to appoint a reliable person as the team head
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by PenSoftCorp(m): 7:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
my mail incase anyone wish to talk to me
pensoftcorp@gmail.com
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by JackOfAllTrades: 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
PenSoftCorp:

i think b4 we start, lets have the team complete here with everyone's commitment and they knowing their responsibilities, and then we start brainstorming and planning here, also we need to appoint a reliable person as the team head
yeah, so far it's been 3 of us now, so you will provide the hosting, and you're good in php I think, so we have two backend guys and one frontend. I think we will be cloning Google playstore design, and functionality. I have sent you an invite to the repo
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by PenSoftCorp(m): 9:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
JackOfAllTrades:
yeah, so far it's been 3 of us now, so you will provide the hosting, and you're good in php I think, so we have two backend guys and one frontend. I think we will be cloning Google playstore design, and functionality. I have sent you an invite to the repo
I am not a web developer, i deal with windows and android apps only
also why do we need to clone, why cant we just come up with our own unique original design, we cant grow by trying to be something else we are not
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by JackOfAllTrades: 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2015
PenSoftCorp:

I am not a web developer, i deal with windows and android apps only
also why do we need to clone, why cant we just come up with our own unique original design, we cant grow by trying to be something else we are not
I agree, with creating our own unique design, my point is we need to make it appealing, not totally cloning playstore, but at least something of that standard.
More GUI guys are needed here please
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by PenSoftCorp(m): 12:46am On Mar 19, 2015
JackOfAllTrades:
ok
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by mondbest(m): 12:01am On Mar 25, 2015
davidsmith8900:

I think its nice. So Whatsapp only limits you to calling n texting your friends, but you are thinking of doing to those who are not our friends on Whatsapp. I think its great idea. We just have to understand Whatsapp architecture and develop or make it better from there. We might be able to start from here ~> http://www.quora.com/Instant-Messaging/What-is-WhatsApps-architecture-1
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by mondbest(m): 12:06am On Mar 25, 2015
davidsmith8900:

I think its nice. So Whatsapp only limits you to calling n texting your friends, but you are thinking of doing to those who are not our friends on Whatsapp. I think its great idea. We just have to understand Whatsapp architecture and develop or make it better from there. We might be able to start from here ~> http://www.quora.com/Instant-Messaging/What-is-WhatsApps-architecture-1
i am really interested and i think we can make it more unique than whatsapp by adding video calling function, location searching function like gps were people can easily search for the nearest street, hotels and all that stuff. and we definately need more people on this.
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by Nmeri17: 5:14am On Mar 25, 2015
functionality is not the only reason why whatsapp is at the top of the instant messaging ladder. they have a brand name that is so strong, Facebook had to buy it coz any competition against that name is an exercise in futility

there are other niches we can venture into but IM?? nah homie! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by incredible6(m): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
cyrielo:

I'm not trying to bring you down or be negative, but I think it's nearly impossible. The internet rely on radio waves to transmit data from remote locations, your device constantly have access to this wave and thus have the ability to browse the internet unlimited forever, but your network service provider needs to make $$ so they capped it and charge you based on the amount of data you transfer. so you see creating an app that transfer data to remote locations is like reinventing your own internet except that you're making it free. which is nearly impossible except if you're a multi-billionaire. $$$

it is very possible it can use bluetooth maybe connect to another person device nerby and the other person device would be doing all the data transfer.
it is possible but really not a needed technology as the internet would soon be everywhere and used by everyone....
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by incredible6(m): 4:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
toshodei:
When I listen to radio stations, I here da Wizkid, Davidos, etc. U know the popular ones and those who made it. I respect them but what about a radio station app for the upcoming artists? The ones who dont have enough money to have their song on a big radio station? The ones who are not yet popular. The local ones, regardless of tribe? We should make a radio station app to play only songs from upcoming artists.

there would be so much crappy songs of crappy upcoming artist that no one would wanna listen to the station... the essence of radio is the audience right?
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by incredible6(m): 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2015
ballantyne:

What exactly should an app like that accomplish? Where will the data come from?

the wiki (wikipedia) style can be used where people would signup to eidt the information with refernces ... there would be like other admin that who be monitiroing the news making sure it aint fake...
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by incredible6(m): 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
toshodei:
An app that can predict when NEPA will take light depending on past data or information.

go and buy a gen bro...thats the best app

1 Like

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by incredible6(m): 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
53cur3m0d3:

I know of OLX, I could be wrong though...
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by mikeczay: 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
pls i will like to know what it takes to be a programmer. how long to learn? can i use a mini laptop? how lucrative are apps? etc

1 Like

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2015
mikeczay:
pls i will like to know what it takes to be a programmer. how long to learn? can i use a mini laptop? how lucrative are apps? etc

It takes hardwork, patience and time to be a programmer.
Learning programming is a forever thing, because as days go by more programming languages are introduced in the game, just how phones keep evolving yearly.
As long your mini laptop can access website or can download & install software, you should be able too.
Please remember that there are Web Apps, Desktop Apps & Mobile Apps, so lets do our best not 2 join them 2getha. Apps are lucrative but there is so much competition that many app developers/programmers don't make enough money to live off of.
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by mikeczay: 6:27pm On Mar 26, 2015
toshodei:

It takes hardwork, patience and time to be a programmer.
Learning programming is a forever thing, because as days go by more programming languages are introduced in the game, just how phones keep evolving yearly.
As long your mini laptop can access website or can download & install software, you should be able too.
Please remember that there are Web Apps, Desktop Apps & Mobile Apps, so lets do our best not 2 join them 2getha. Apps are lucrative but there is so much competition that many app developers/programmers don't make enough money to live off of.
tanx. how hard is it to learn and how long will it take to start doin tinz

1 Like

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 7:00pm On Mar 26, 2015
mikeczay:
tanx. how hard is it to learn and how long will it take to start doin tinz

Not that hard and it wont take long. Like u can write a 'Hello World' program in about 2-3 minutes. However, if u want something more detailed and functional, that will take a while.
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by xtremeinv(m): 3:14pm On May 02, 2015
PenSoftCorp:

I can fit in as team head - manage & coordinate in every ramification.

programming/coding ability - zero

ogbeborchristopher01@gmail
com
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by koyla: 11:01am On May 04, 2015
53cur3m0d3:

You just want to create anything. You no go like create Adam & Eve?
lol lol funny as i saw Adam and eve,,,,I guess heaven and earth first
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by 53cur3m0d3(m): 7:10pm On May 27, 2015
And this thread wants to die ni sha! lailai! *puts on thinking cap* Errrm.... Errrm... Who is proficient in developing mobile (Android & IOS) apps? It's not important that you have both skillsets, but I'm giving much preference to the Android part. Being proficient in both would be lovely. The IOS person can come in later. I just need someone who would like to work on something cool together....
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by Nobody: 4:00am On May 29, 2015
toshodei:
What if there was an app that could trade in data for food? Like 10 MB for a fish tail or 100 MB for a bowl of jollof rice?
Dis dude is a freaking clown!! Couldnt help but laugh out loud.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is This What Big IT Firms Do? Please Help Me Out Nairaland Programmers / Dare Obasanjo (OBJ Junior): Microsoft IT Developer / Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.