Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault (47275 Views)

Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets / Nigerian Doctor Suspended In Canada Over Sexual Comment (Photo) / Video Of Man Having Sex With Snake Seen On Nigerian Doctor's Phone In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 17, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:

Oh! Thank you sir for that information. I really appreciate it.
You're welcome
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Rhozabeth(m): 8:27am On Feb 17, 2015
The guy is a quack doctor simple! And him thinlk say na Nigeria him dey!
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Weah96: 8:45am On Feb 17, 2015
The threat is greater than it's execution. This man is finished. Better send his application to Wal-Mart for their cashier position. Or start a new church called Wetter Days Ministry.

The board will yank his license even if he doesn't go to the slammer. A doctor without a license in this country is like a military sniper without a firearm.
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by okoviv2sure(m): 8:52am On Feb 17, 2015
fuzzywuzzy:
Look at his ugly face. Senseless hegoat. I wonder how many male doctors are still engaging in this rubbish as we speak. I bet they're very many. Especially in a country like Nigeria where there is no law and order and where victims of molest are shamed and accused of lying.
I know one in a private hospital in ogijo Ogun state, they call him "doctor press did press dat". He must massage d bossom of his patient. So pathetic.

1 Like

Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Royver(m): 8:53am On Feb 17, 2015
cococandy:
Lesson for all I guess smiley

CCTV and a female assistant all the time in cases of female patients.

I was at the doctor's last month and the guy was taking his precious time going over every minute detail of what he ever he wanted to do.

Doctor: I'm going to place my right hand on your right breasstt now to feel for any physical abnormality.
Assistant: is that ok? Do you consent?(while taking notes)
Me: yes

Doctor:I'm going to place my right hand on your left breassst now to feel.....
Assistant: do you consent?
Me:yes

Doctor: I'm going to insert.....bla bla

And so on and so forth for every single procedure.
It was repetitive mehn but I understood he was only protecting himself jare grin

How does one differentiate between randy doctors and mischievous profit-seeking patients?

Lol
The guy no wan hear tori.

Such things aren't possible in the Nigerian setting. The doctor:patient ratio is crazy high and most of our govt hospitals are filled with overworked doctors trying to tend to marketloads of patients. Nobody has time to be asking "pls I want to examine your right breaaasst, do I have permission, pls i want to examine your left toe, do i have permission?" Its time wasting and clumsy and the doc won't be able to see the hundreds of patients waiting outside the hospital doors. And even if he tries to do it that way it is the same patients that will beat down the door and scream that he is going too slow.

Most doctors even start dodging to do physical examinations unless it is absolutely necessary in a bid to attend to as many patients as possible. We practice jungle medicine here. And with the epileptic underpayment, most docs cant wait to check out of the country. Unfortunately some folk carry over the Nigerian habit to the U.S and U.K, not knowing it is an entirely different culture. White folk are always asking why. Why are you giving me this drug, why did you smile like that, why is there a needle in your table. A naija doc has to be careful and undergo reorientation.

Then there is the issue of racism. Some white folk just cant stomach a black doctor's hands on them. You see them visibly cringe when you want to examine them. You explain the procedure and even call a chaperon but they are still uncomfortable. If you mistakenly think of something funny and smile while examining a 50yrs old white woman's breast, even if there are 100 chaperons in that room, you could get into a whole lot of trouble.

Its crazy.

4 Likes

Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by freecocoa(f): 8:54am On Feb 17, 2015
I swear down, some of these doctors are just something else.

That's how one useless one wanted to touch me inappropriately, he even wanted to use something, I later found out to be cream for love making on me, I just jumped up from the bed I was lying on and took to my heels.

Serves the useless pervert right, nonsense.
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Princeyoungd2: 8:54am On Feb 17, 2015
fuzzywuzzy:
Look at his ugly face. Senseless hegoat. I wonder how many male doctors are still engaging in this rubbish as we speak. I bet they're very many. Especially in a country like Nigeria where there is no law and order and where victims of molest are shamed and accused of lying.

i feel so much pity for your ignorance and level of accusation, in as much as this has not been concluded and he found guilty please do give hime some slack.

i live in the US and i know the extent this women can go to tarnish a doctors image especially when you are black.

Trust me soon facts will start jumping out about previous incident between this women and the doctor, this man has practiced for almost 22 years in the US.

look at his medical history there was no issue of wrong administration but medical judgement which is test proven except the second diagnose only stated otherwise.

Please Nigerians we clamor for better health care but see one of our best been dented and we are hhere blowing him away, a serious pity for 22 years no case of harassment or criminal record think please

1 Like

Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Princeyoungd2: 9:00am On Feb 17, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Another example of a useless Nigerian misbehaving abroad.

They'll prosecute, convict, and strip him of his medical license. Then he'll have a stint in jail and when he does come out, his name would be added to the sex offenders register.

Inshort, that guy is finished. Serves him right.

seriuosly do you read through before you comment or only the headlines drives you to comment. Thank God there is a good judiciary system in the USA unlike Nigeria.

we Nigerians already judged him even before our slave master does, we are simply pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 17, 2015
Weah96:
The threat is greater than it's execution. This man is finished. Better send his application to Wal-Mart for their cashier position. Or start a new church called Wetter Days Ministry.

The board will yank his license even if he doesn't go to the slammer. A doctor without a license in this country is like a military sniper without a firearm.
Let's wait for the conclusion of the judicial process before crucifying him. If he is exonerated by the courts, there are high odds of his license being restored.
Nevertheless, the NC medical board could follow in the footsteps of their counterparts in Arizona, that refused to restore the license of a doctor in the same predicament, in spite of not-guilty verdict by a jury. Hopefully, any judgment exonerating the doctor should include an explicit order to restore his license.

1 Like

Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Royver(m): 9:02am On Feb 17, 2015
freecocoa:

That's how one useless one wanted to touch me inappropriately, he even wanted to use something, I later found out to be cream for love making on me, I just jumped up from the bed I was lying on and took to my heels.

What was your complaint?

1 Like

Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Chartey(m): 9:03am On Feb 17, 2015
freecocoa:

Haba! Someone like you should know better now. I think what you're describing is normal procedure.

1 Like

Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Princeyoungd2: 9:03am On Feb 17, 2015
vikyno:
I smell hate and racism.

please abeg, i carry God beg you help me tell this fools here yarning trash. you never know what it means to be a professional in the state as a black.
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by delishpot: 9:07am On Feb 17, 2015
He was brought up the Nigerian way. Men are generaly not trained to behave well when sex is involved. To many naija guys, "konji na bastard" and that is enough to get him out of trouble here.

1 Like

Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Princeyoungd2: 9:07am On Feb 17, 2015
okoviv2sure:
I know one in a private hospital in ogijo Ogun state, they call him "doctor press did press dat". He must massage d bossom of his patient. So pathetic.

another dumb comment like the later, the international community read all this trash you write and this is how we are perceived out here.
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by freecocoa(f): 9:07am On Feb 17, 2015
cococandy:

Besides I thought it was standard worldwide practice to have a female doctor's assistant in the exam room during any medical examination where the patient is a woman and vice versa for a man.

I've never had any exam with a make doc where the female assistant wasn't there holding my hands and asking me if I felt comfortable with what the doctor was doing.

Wise docs insist on this too to avoid being smeared maliciously by a mischievous patient that's out to make money from suing him/her.
Not in all hospitals, especially in this nigeria.

Many Naija doctors/nurses are just too unprofessional and annoying, I remember one time I was to take an injection(had this excruciating pain in my stomach), the nurse got set and I asked her what drug she was about to put in me, you need to see the lady's face, as if to say I just did something unspeakable, her reply was further more shocking "why are you asking" I was like wtf? That was how I left the fake hospital with all that pain, I just had to call a pharmacist friend of mine to prescribe something for the pain.

I have had many experiences with these doctors/nurses that has left me shocked.

2 Likes

Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by freecocoa(f): 9:11am On Feb 17, 2015
Chartey:
Haba! Someone like you should know better now. I think what you're describing is normal procedure.
I thought it was normal procedure, till I felt some fingers on my clit, this is after he put the cream on his hand o.
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by freecocoa(f): 9:12am On Feb 17, 2015
Royver:

What was your complaint?
Delayed period, that came with his pain on my lower back.
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Weah96: 9:13am On Feb 17, 2015
CFCfan:

Let's wait for the conclusion of the judicial process before crucifying him. If he is exonerated by the courts, there are high odds of his license being restored.
Nevertheless, the NC medical board could follow in the footsteps of their counterparts in Arizona, that refused to restore the license of a doctor in the same predicament, in spite of not-guilty verdict by a jury. Hopefully, any judgment exonerating the doctor should include an explicit order to restore his license.

Health insurance companies won't fck with him anymore. Cash paying patients that do a Google search of his name will see this story.

I wish him the best. He needs it. There is a thin line between a medical exam and pre-intimacy. Maybe he's an OB Gyn.
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Marotzke(m): 9:21am On Feb 17, 2015
freecocoa:

What is the name of the cream used for love making? Does the cream make the love making sweeter or bitter? How come you concluded it was an inappropriate touch? when you go to a doctor complaining of v. aginal sores and discharges , won't he give you a v.aginal examination? is that what you call inappropriate touch? With all these cold desolate and deserted V. Aginas every where , every sensible doctor will wear double surgical gloves, with a generous application of KY jelly , before performing a V.E.
Maybe, you are confused about location, because you lye on an examination couch for examination. Beds are for hospital wards, bedroom s, motels and hotels. .

3 Likes

Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Royver(m): 9:24am On Feb 17, 2015
freecocoa:
Delayed period, that came with his pain on my lower back.
This probably means he wanted to perform a vag1nal examination on you. This involves him telling you to lie on your back while he wears gloves and examines your vagina. And yes it can involve insertion of the fingers or other instruments and there is no way the fingers won't at least brush the clit as it enters.

It is best practice to lubricate the fingers before examining so as not to cause discomfort to the patient. The 'cream' used is called K-Y jelly. Some use xylocaine gel and in crude environments olive oil is used.

But I'm sure the doctor didn't explain all this to you. Probably said 'miss, lie down!" and that is where the problem arose.

A lot of issues with doctors have to do with poor communication skills between doctor and patient.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Royver(m): 9:26am On Feb 17, 2015
Marotzke:
What is the name of the cream used for love making? Does the cream make the love making sweeter or bitter? How come you concluded it was an inappropriate touch? when you go to a doctor complaining of v. aginal sores and discharges , won't he give you a v.aginal examination? is that what you call inappropriate touch? With all these cold desolate and deserted V. Aginas every where , every sensible doctor will wear double surgical gloves, with a generous application of KY jelly , before performing a V.E.
Maybe, you are confused about location, because you lye on an examination couch for examination. Beds are for hospital wards, bedroom s, motels and hotels. .
And you don't have to be rude.

4 Likes

Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 17, 2015
Weah96:

Health insurance companies won't fck with him anymore. Cash paying patients that do a Google search of his name will see this story.

I wish him the best. He needs it. There is a thin line between a medical exam and pre-intimacy. Maybe he's an OB Gyn.
Yeah, his reputation would be tainted, regardless of the final outcome of the judicial process. And the fact that he is Black and an immigrant compounds his woes.
He'd have to hope that most of his prospective clients consider his possible exoneration, before making a decision on whether to seek his services.
As for the insurance companies, they may charge his office higher malpractice insurance fees because he failed to follow SOP with regard to the examination of a patient of the opposite sex.
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Weah96: 9:30am On Feb 17, 2015
Marotzke:

You're right, the cream is used to lubricate the spatula which holds the alien mouth open.

I've never had the uncomfortable pleasure of watching one performed, but I was responsible for setting up the trays. My employer back then got pis)sed when I didn't put his lotion, abi, cream, on that tray.
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 17, 2015
wow.... sad
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by freecocoa(f): 9:39am On Feb 17, 2015
Marotzke:
Excuse me mister, at my age and level, I should know an inappropriate touch when I feel one.

Where did you read me saying I complained of vagin*l sore? Since when is rubbing the clit a procedure? Moreso without the patient's consent? If you want to have a discussion you best be civil about it, don't ask me nonsense questions please and it was a small bed in his office, the cream is not K.Y jelly, I can't honestly remember the name right now but it was in a tube like container very small, pinkish and has a shape of heart drawn on it, plus the name has the word 'love' added to it. I had to stop at a pharmacy on my way home to ask about the cream and what it was for, that was where I was told what it's for, and I also googled it when I got home.

2 Likes

Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Ezehim(m): 9:40am On Feb 17, 2015
fuzzywuzzy:
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Ezehim(m): 9:41am On Feb 17, 2015
fuzzywuzzy:

Did you bother to know if the accusation was true? What about if this man is innocent? Are you aware that there is such thing as false accusation?
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Weah96: 9:41am On Feb 17, 2015
CFCfan:

Yeah, his reputation would be tainted, regardless of the final outcome of the judicial process. And the fact that he is Black and an immigrant compounds his woes.
He'd have to hope that most of his prospective clients consider his possible exoneration, before making a decision on whether to seek his services.
As for the insurance companies, they may charge his office higher malpractice insurance fees because he failed to follow SOP with regard to the examination of a patient of the opposite sex.

Not malpractice insurance, but health insurance companies won't mess with him. But you're right. His malpractice insurance will be another wahala. They will jack his rate through the roof if he manages to become operational again.

90% of patients use health insurance cards to pay for services though. Those health insurance companies like AETNA and Blue Cross for example, are the ones that will remove him from their listing. There's no point in being a doctor if health insurance companies won't mess with you.
Which kyn doctor is out of network for all the insurance companies? Even Medicaid and Medicare.
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by lovely17(m): 9:46am On Feb 17, 2015
pushed his erected joystick into the patients hand #issorite
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by ElPhoche(m): 9:51am On Feb 17, 2015
freecocoa:

You are funny and maybe paranoid too. If you can tell me d examination he wanted to do, I can help you on that. But I think he was using a KY jelly, Which is essentially a water-based lubricant. It can be used too during sex, yes. But d doctor is not wrong in using d lub. In the clinic, we do digital rectal exams too, on males, when you want you check for an enlarged prostate. I would not be suprised one day if someone starts calling a poor doctor a gay.
The moral of d story is use a chaperone, of the same sex as your patient and also explain and explain to your patient whatever you want to do, no matter how clumsy it might be. It can save your ass one day.

3 Likes

Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by freecocoa(f): 9:53am On Feb 17, 2015
Royver:

This probably means he wanted to perform a vag1nal examination on you. This involves him telling you to lie on your back while he wears gloves and examines your vagina. And yes it can involve insertion of the fingers or other instruments and there is no way the fingers won't at least brush the clit as it enters.

It is best practice to lubricate the fingers before examining so as not to cause discomfort to the patient. The 'cream' used is called K-Y jelly. Some use xylocaine gel and in crude environments olive oil is used.

But I'm sure the doctor didn't explain all this to you. Probably said 'miss, lie down!" and that is where the problem arose.

A lot of issues with doctors have to do with poor communication skills between doctor and patient.
Thank you but I knew that, he actually told me to lie down and strip to my undies which wasn't a problem as that wasn't my first visit to the doctor's(I've had my vagin* examined couple of times).

Don't you think I can tell the difference from brushing and actually rubbing the clit? This did not even happen on my first visit to him, the first day I went, everything was fine and I had tests done, this incident happened when I came back for the test results.
Re: 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 17, 2015
Weah96:

Not malpractice insurance, but health insurance companies won't mess with him. But you're right. His malpractice insurance will be another wahala. They will jack his rate through the roof if he manages to become operational again.

90% of patients use health insurance cards to pay for services though. Those health insurance companies like AETNA and Blue Cross for example, are the ones that will remove him from their listing. There's no point in being a doctor if health insurance companies won't mess with you.
Which kyn doctor is out of network for all the insurance companies? Even Medicaid and Medicare.
Nawa oh. If your scenario is actualized, his best bet would be to relocate to Nigeria; or he could apply to be a concierge practitioner. But rich folks here in the US also use google.

I'm truly sorry for this man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Reasons Coronavirus Is Way Worse Than You’ve Been Led To Believe / Pregnant Lady Dies In Her Sleep After Using The Toilet (Photos) / How Much Do They Sell Face Mask And Hand Sanitizer In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.