Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime (30666 Views)

Apply Now For Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Job Vacancy For Chief Imam / Vacancy At The Olusegun Obasanjo Foundation / New Regime: Hope For Last Regime Unfinished Job Replacement Into NIS Or NSCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Sammiejokes(m): 10:05pm On Feb 16, 2015
Fellow nairaland I have been thinking lately over all this employment FG is saying they are creating, but when I look back @ OBJ regime, I must say graduates around me even though I was just in secondary school were getting jobs, Telecoms,Banking,oil and Gas industry, public sector(FCSC, IFRS) really developed which. Created Jobs for guyz then, most of them are big boyz now that am now a graduate. It is now a tragedy that even private sector now experience all sort of bribe to get a job because of few good jobs around. Please which sector has developed and creating jobs for common Nigerians now under GEJ?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Sammiejokes(m): 10:08pm On Feb 16, 2015
Moderator if you know how much am pained you will make this thred go to front page, I really want to hear guyz thoughts about this, am pained

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by victorVIC1(m): 10:19pm On Feb 16, 2015
Sammiejokes:
Fellow nairaland I have been thinking lately over all this employment FG is saying they are creating, but when I look back @ OBJ regime, I must say graduates around me even though I was just in secondary school were getting jobs, Telecoms,Banking,oil and Gas industry, public sector(FCSC, IFRS) really developed which. Created Jobs for guyz then, most of them are big boyz now that am now a graduate. It is now a tragedy that even private sector now experience all sort of bribe to get a job because of few good jobs around. Please which sector has developed and creating jobs for common Nigerians now under GEJ?
Railway Sector grin
In my opinion dey are both mediocre.

12 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by chamboy(m): 10:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
Waoh
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by theM16: 10:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
victorVIC1:

Railway Sector grin
In my opinion dey are both mediocre.

Yes o. Both failed leaders. But I dnt tnk naija has eva bn dis bad except mayb durin military regime. Rit now there is notin improving. Al we c is scam. Scam data everywia. 2million jobs by okonjo's stat...mayb in her room...crazy woman ruining our country.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Sammiejokes(m): 10:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
Back then guyz were getting good jobz In banks, but banking which. Is the highest employer in. The private sector is now a slave master, playing with. Our graduates with 50-70k and there. Is still struggle for such jobz. And the bankz keep making billionz of Naira as profit. Please go through financials of this big. Banks you just see how much they are milking the labour force.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by timawoku(m): 10:33pm On Feb 16, 2015
OP obj's regime was poor in employment but the little that was, was real and there was confidence that if there was a federal govt job opening, it was real and people were recruited accordingly.

Unlike GEJ

*Immigration recruitment resulted to death of candidates, thousands paid 1k and no job

*federal task force recruitment, thousands applied with varied sums of money and yet no job

*SURE P program that no one is yet to benefit from

*customs recruitment with huge allocation to the south south (especially okrika)

Etc.

With GEJ it should not be called unemployment again, it should be called 'insult to unemployed',

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Gherrokid(m): 10:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
Hmmmmmm..... Diaris gwodu oh embarassed

1 Like

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Sammiejokes(m): 10:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
timawoku:
OP obj's regime was poor in employment but the little that was, was real and there was confidence that if there was a federal govt job opening, it was real and people were recruited accordingly.

Unlike GEJ

*Immigration recruitment resulted to death of candidates, thousands paid 1k and no job

*federal task force recruitment, thousands applied with varied sums of money and yet no job

*customs recruitment with huge allocation to the south south (especially okrika)

Etc.

With GEJ it should not be called unemployment again, it should be called 'insult to unemployed',

I could remember my neighbor who got a job through OBJ recruitment of 1000 Fresh graduates, their offer letters into. FCSC was signed by OBJ himself, this guy no sabi nobody. The only thing. Waz he had the minimum requirement which waz a 2:1 economics daaz all.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by prelinctus: 11:01pm On Feb 16, 2015
There's no basis for comparison between both of them. OBJ was a former head of state so he knew what was on ground before becoming president. GEJ, on the other hand, luckily got to the top. Experience matters a lot, bro. Later, you'll start complaining when companies request for years of experience for graduate trainee roles. Next time when companies do that, just remember OBJ and GEJ. tongue

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Sammiejokes(m): 5:47am On Feb 17, 2015
prelinctus:
There's no basis for comparison between both of them. OBJ was a former head of state so he knew what was on ground before becoming president. GEJ, on the other hand, luckily got to the top. Experience matters a lot, bro. Later, you'll start complaining when companies request for years of experience for graduate trainee roles. Next time when companies do that, just remember OBJ and GEJ. tongue
Whats the purpose of GT sef this dayz, even GT are given responsibilties in coys as if they are middle level managers.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by blesseenE: 5:53am On Feb 17, 2015
I think GEJ's regime is better. You have to consider the number of graduates available for employment at the time (both regimes).

16 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by adamubk(m): 7:21am On Feb 17, 2015
GEJ administration in terms of employment is the worst, but I don't really blame him, he's the no.4 citizen in Nigeria not 1st

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Kingspin(m): 7:31am On Feb 17, 2015
Which past leader has perform more better then Jonathan. Jona all the way joor.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Teetomania: 7:42am On Feb 17, 2015
Jona ko Jargons ni. OBJ's era was far far better u can just imagine the numbers of employment created through telecommunication alone (Network providers and phones) but GEJ has nothing to his name in job creation, wat wud have added to him was the cassava bread which was not well presented to the populace just imagine the boom Nigeria wud have being enjoying making his own bread fro cassava. embarassed

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by labiola: 8:50am On Feb 17, 2015
With all sincerity, obasanjo's regime is rated high than GEJ in term of employment. Let start with the telecomunication industry alone, that industry is the highest employer of Labour both direct and indirect jobs. Let look at Pension industry, am telling you PFA and custodian are also employer of labour. Look at the reform in FIRS, a lot of people were employed without knowing anyone it was purely on merit.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Maczeelly(m): 9:48am On Feb 17, 2015
There were a lot of jobz during obj regime dan diz present administration!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gej synonymous to unemployment/underemployment since 2011

12 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by polite2(m): 10:12am On Feb 17, 2015
GEJ is scam himself

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by lakefist(m): 10:27am On Feb 17, 2015
Unemployment rate is more during clueless GEJ....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by huptin(m): 10:37am On Feb 17, 2015
I am a beneficiary of the banking sector reforms of OBJ.... entry level then was 190k with good allowances and profit sharing largesse. now nko? for where? Lets not even go there. terrible is the word. You get horrible targets to meet, salary has not been increased, no more profit sharing, no more bonuses etc. And some one is here shouting transformation.... transformation ko, deformation ni.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Urine: 11:50am On Feb 17, 2015
huptin:
i am a beneficiary of the banking sector reforms of OBJ.... entry level then was 190k with good allowances and profit sharing largesse. now nko? for where lets not even go there. terrible is the word. You get terrible targets to meet salary has not been increased, no more profit sharing, no more bonuses etc. And some one is here shouting transformation.... transformation ko, deformation ni.

This is sooo true, banking and telecoms were two major industries employing graduates with very cool pay, most fresh grads were paid a minimum of 130k per month.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by listenersky: 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
Obasanjo's regime was better in terms of employment than Jonathan's regime.

8 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by kloride(m): 1:23pm On Feb 17, 2015
Did you guys consider economy melt down during this regime? Base your benchmark on this factor alone then you'll understand who have done more. My 10 kobo opinion though

11 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by macklef(m): 3:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
blesseenE:
I think GEJ's regime is better. You have to consider the number of graduates available for employment at the time (both regimes).
Lol. I dont have facts, but i dont agree with ur logic.

If in objs time we had 5000graduates and 1000 was employed
And in GeJs time we had 50000 and 1000 is also employed.

The amt of graduates dont mean shii here. The percentage is what counts and am sure Gejs time is far worse my sister. YouWin SureP those shii are jokes, its just like dashing money to a few people.

Best jobs is developing an industry or sector and making sure it explodes. Do u know how many pipu, mtn,glo,zain employed as a result of developing/privatizing the telecoms sector?

Tho presently, the banking sector is greedy, those ediots make cash n give out cowries to new entrants
If all this is regulated, am telling u that bank branch in ur area can employ 20 more people.

Goto banks n see only 2 tellers with massive queue init, dont u think dey need more hands?
This administation has only given ego to the rich to exploit the poor as much as dey like.

Its a shame

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Dyt(f): 5:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
Swallws spit
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by realbomax: 8:09pm On Feb 17, 2015
timawoku:

Unlike GEJ

Etc.

get ur fact right b4 castigating someone. everything might nt be right with job searching but surep GIS has been fair in selection for d past 12 months eventhough it is nt permanent job but it's mission is still on course. GEJ has nt done well in stamping out corruptn finally but many pple who castigate him are as bad as he is. my experience is with state civil service job which fed govt is nt handling,can someone tell us how fairly has recruitment been conducted in his state without nepotism recently be it pdp or apc state?

4 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by dorofine(f): 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2015
I prefer obasanjo regime

6 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by obinna2nv(m): 12:30am On Feb 18, 2015
One thing I approved of Obasanjo's regime was that he was passionate about the economy, he was very interested in what was happening there and was conscious about making the economy grow, there was always a weekly national economic council meeting with him the chairman. This gave rise to so many reforms, our external debt was reduced, external foreign reserve was grown from almost zero to 40 billion dollars, banking recapitalization reforms, public sector reforms, agricultural reforms, telecommunication reforms, privatization policies etc. What about GEJ? Unemployment is at an all time high according to the National Bureau of Statistics. He has virtually outsourced his responsibility to others, we even have a committee on unemployment!! I mean what the actual Bleep!? GEJ is taking us nowhere fast!! The economic situation in the country now is far worse than it was under OBJ. Its only favouring the rich and that's why they're all contributing billions for him to rerun. Smh.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by yomight4sample(m): 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2015
Hummmmm it is well let's just keep praying for our Jerusalem Nigeria. For I no one day unemployment will be a thing of the past.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by MentorForWealth(m): 5:58pm On Feb 18, 2015
Unemployment rate will keep declining.

1 Like

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by fm7070: 8:38am On Feb 23, 2015
There is employment opportunity for those who care to embrace it.
AGRICULTURE! AGRICULTURE!! AGRICULTURE!!!
There is no perfect government anywhere in the world that can provide adequate employment for her citizen
Let's have a paradigm shift from looking for a job to creating jobs.

6 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by 9jatriot(m): 11:18am On Feb 23, 2015
fm7070:
There is employment opportunity for those who care to embrace it.
AGRICULTURE! AGRICULTURE!! AGRICULTURE!!!
There is no perfect government anywhere in the world that can provide adequate employment for her citizen
Let's have a paradigm shift from looking for a job to creating jobs.

Even Obj did better with agriculture. Not TV film trick development in agric but real development. Then you heard of cassava initiative, local rice production, agro allied, fish farms etc.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FAAN Recruitment: Urgent Notice! / Is GNLD/NEOLIFE Officially A Scam? / What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.