Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,861 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:02 AM

Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" (15331 Views)

Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun / Happy 78th Birthday To Chief Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR (Baba Iyabo) / Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 3:56am On Feb 17, 2015
It is said that whoever is to come to equity must come with clean hands. The APC as a party has been going around with brooms and chanting Change. The same APC found a Change Navigator in the person of Olusegun Obasanjo. Let us take a flash back on the Change Obasanjo offered in when he was in power for 8 years. These are some of them, may God spare our lives to reveal more to us.

1. He Supervised The 2007 Flawed Election
Chief Tom Ikimi, The AC(ACN) agent of the 2007 Presidential Election has this to say after result released
"In the states like Edo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Imo, Akwa-Ibom, etc we know that elections did not start even as late as 5 pm. Results being collated here, 80 per cent to 93 per cent voter turnout ready, and over 90 per cent of those votes being cast for the PDP are totally flawed. In most of the states collation, only the Resident Electoral Commissioner and the PDP agent signed the result sheet.
"We have been here since yesterday to observe this collation. We only collated 11 states and the Chairman Professor Maurice Iwu has been so much in a hurry to reveal to the world election results that they have cooked up, which they believe if they don’t release in good time, it will be difficult to release. Those figures are flawed. Election did not take place in most of Nigeria. We of the ANPP and the Action Congress reject the result and we are going to take this matter legally in court."

The ANPP agent at the collation centre, Admiral Lanre Amusu (rtd), confirmed the position of the AC agents, saying:
"We were getting results from the Resident Electoral Commissioners from the various states and collating them. We got to the 12th or 13th state when the chairman of INEC rushed out of the room to announce the result to the whole world.

The "acclaimed" winner Musa Yaradua also admited that the election was flawed.
“The April elections had flaws and shortcomings but it is significant that for the first time in our history, we had a civilian to civilian transfer of power. But our resolve is to be able to conduct elections that meet international standard. That is important for the sustenance of our democracy

Of the Seven Supreme Court Justices that heard the case, 3 ruled that it be annulled but 4 ruled that it be upheld to "protect our democracy"

The Appeal court later upturned the said election in the following States Edo (Oshiomole/ACN), Ondo (Mimiko/LP), Ekiti (Fayemi/AC) and Osun(Aregbesola/AC). It also upturned some National Assembly results.
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/archive2/tblnews_Detail.php?id=17165

2. OBASANJO SUPERVISED ILLEGAL IMPEACHMENT

PETER OBI 2006 was bullied out of office
Peter Obi was denied his mandate by INEC in 2003, an impostor PDP candidate Chris Nwabweze Ngige was inaugurated in tandem with the dictate of Chris Uba. Peter Obi was installed by the court in 2006 after three years of seeking Justice. But he was to be impeached within 7months by pro-Obasanjo PDP led House of Assmbly amid illegality. To get their way the state assembly's speaker said some of the 23 members who had apparently voted to impeach Mr Obi later denied being present when the vote took place. However, the Obasanjo Government upheld the Impeachment. Chief Bayo Ojo who was the Attorney General maintained that “Peter Obi has been impeached”

http://saharareporters.com/2006/11/02/breaking-news-peter-obi-anambra-state-impeached-0

Obi went to court and got a High Court judgment on 28 December 2006 reinstating him but President Obasanjo refused to obey court order by reinstating him.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6215057.stm

The ruling of the Appeal Court on 2 February 2007 became his saving grace and was sworn in
https://secure.saharareporters.com/2007/02/08/peter-obi-wins-he-takes-over

RASHEED LADOJA was impeached by less than 2/3 Members
Then Oyo Governor was Illegally Impeached by 18 Member of Oyo House rather than 22 members of the house. He had fell out with the late strongman of Ibadan politics in 2006 Chief Lam Adedibu. Adedibu a nonpolitical office holder and ally of Obasanjo vowed to sack Rasheed Ladoja like he(Ladoja) was some appointee of his. Oyo State House have 32 Members, rather than 22 Members to sign impeachment, Chief Obasanjo as President deployed soldiers to a hotel and only 18 Members signed the Impeachment of Ladoja rather than the 2/3 members which is 22 members. They never sat in the House but in an hotel at that. Obasanjo allowed it to stand. The Appeal court came to the rescue when it upturned the kangaroo impeachment and installed Ladoja after 11 months on 1 November 2006.
The Court has this to say…
The decision of the Court of Appeal in Ibadan on 1st of November 2006 nullifying the charade that took place in Ibadan and reinstating the Governor, Senator Ladoja is a victory for democracy, constitutionalism, morality, decency and the rule of law. It also marks the end of judicial myopia and timidity. I feel extremely vindicated by the decision for it has confirmed my position that the Constitution does not oust the jurisdiction of our courts or tie their hands in dealing with cases that manifestly show breaches of the constitution, our grundnorm
http://saharareporters.com/2006/11/01/breaking-news-appeal-court-overturn-ladojas-impeachment-oyo-state

Governor Joshua Dariye of Plateau State impeached by 5 out of 24 Members of Plateau State House of Assembly in 2006
Pleateu State House of Assembly has 24 Members, because President Obasanjo wanted Joshua Dariye to be booted by all means, he used the Security Force to mobilise 5 members to”impeach” Dariye amid tight security. 5 members out of 24 members impeaching a Governor.
But the Court of Appeal upturned the Nonsense on April 2007
http://saharareporters.com/2007/03/07/breaking-newscourt-appeal-reinstate-joshua-dariye-plateau-statedsp-alamieyeseigha-loses

3. Obasanjo Disobeyed The Supreme Court
In March 2004 Obasanjo seized funds meant for Local Government in Lagos State. Then Governor Bola Tinubu went to court to get the monies so as to pay civil servants salaries and run LGAs administration. The Supreme Court ruled in LASG favor in December 2004 but the same President Obasanjo vehemently refused to obey court order. He kept to his stand till he handed over to Yaradua. For 3 years LGAs in Lagos were starved of their statutory funds. Then AD Nat Publicity Secretary said this in 2005
" In choosing to hold on to the funds by claiming that the Lagos State Government must revert to the 20 local government structure, the president has thereby constituted himself into an appellate court over and above the Supreme Court"
http://www.nigerianmuse.com/important_documents/?u=SupremeCourt_on_LG_funds.htm
http://www.nigerianmuse.com/important_documents/?u=Obasanjo_lawless_unconstitutional_over_LG_funds.htm

6. President Obasanjo Refused To Sign The FOI Into Law
What is democracy without freedom to access information of government? Through the FOI, we can access what is spent and what is not spent by Government Officials as well as to demand any document. Every Nigerian Citizen have that right. The NASS had passed the FOI Bill in March 2007 and sent to Obasanjo to sign into law. Obasanjo refused. He said in April 2007 the Bill should have been called the
“Right to Information Bill” and that he had told members of the National Assembly this, but they refused to change the title and, instead, chose to retain the “Freedom of Information Bill”.
http://www.foicoalition.org/news/2007/obasanjorefuses.htm

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by azpekuliar: 4:04am On Feb 17, 2015
This man have you decamped to PDP? Abi na the sleep wey still dey my eye...

14 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by kayzat: 4:05am On Feb 17, 2015
Can't believe you have to wake at the middle of the night to start dismantling what you help in building @ Bacarnista.

I still you luck sha .

And FYI, Obasanjo is not YET a member of APC as a party .

14 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by OAUTemitayo: 4:05am On Feb 17, 2015
Hogwash.
I am not voting Obj.
Am voting Buhari.
Junks from a bought soul.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 4:08am On Feb 17, 2015
azpekuliar:
This man have you decamped to PDP? Abi na the sleep wey still dey my eye...
Well, let this thread not be about me. Just concentrate on the content. It is Nigeria FIRST, isn't it?

44 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by aresa: 4:09am On Feb 17, 2015
This is all you people know how to do, sadly, this endless attack and assassination of character is doing more damage than good and Jonascam is the dumb beneficiary of your rubbish...

Abeg keep up the good work...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by temitemi1(m): 4:09am On Feb 17, 2015
Obj is a pig! GEJ till 2019!!!

35 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 4:12am On Feb 17, 2015
I will deliberately ignore any personal attack for now, I will only respond to whatever that relates to content of this thread. God sparing our lives we shall look into the antecedents of other "Change" Agents.

For the umpteenth time, I am a card carrying member of no party but I cant't be gagged of my view.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by dunkem21(m): 4:12am On Feb 17, 2015
azpekuliar:
This man have you decamped to PDP? Abi na the sleep wey still dey my eye..

So, he won't say the truth again?

Obasanjo cross carpeting to APC gave Goodluck the ticket on a platter.

If a masquerade stays so long in the village square, small small children will pour him sand sand.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Truth234(m): 4:18am On Feb 17, 2015
I don't know why some people enjoy attacking barcanista, he seems to me as the most objective progressive supporter before this whole thing took a turn. He has every right to attack his party and query their political stance at any point, I have seen him open a thread requesting APC to let GMB debate or is that a bad thing.

If APC want blind supporters then they are not good for Nigeria and democracy at large.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 4:18am On Feb 17, 2015
dunkem21:

So, he won't say the truth again?

Obasanjo cross carpeting to APC gave Goodluck the ticket on a platter.

If a masquerade stays so long in the village square, small small children will pour him sand sand.

At least no one will have the moral right to say "PDP has wrecked Nigeria For 15years" because the Man that spent 8years, his Vice Atiku, His House of Reps Speaker Aminu Mansari and Majority of the Governors as at then are happily in APC. I feel bad for Buhari though, but life must go on. They say Goodluck practice 16>19, but under Obasanjo the APC Navigator there was 5>19. #Insincerity

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by knightsTempler: 4:25am On Feb 17, 2015
Change can never come from the same failed people.

Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress - Napoleon

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by OAUTemitayo: 4:27am On Feb 17, 2015
Speak with facts and common sense.
When did OBJ became an APC member?
I have always suspected you as the Beaf of 2011.
Go and spend your Ghana must go bag bribe with peace.
barcanista:
At least no one will have the moral right to say "PDP has wrecked Nigeria For 15years" because the Man that spent 8years, his Vice Atiku, His House of Reps Speaker Aminu Mansari and Majority of the Governors as at then are happily in APC. I feel bad for Buhari though, but life must go on. They say Goodluck practice 16>19, but under Obasanjo the APC Navigator there was 5>19. #Insincerity

35 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Change2015(m): 4:28am On Feb 17, 2015
kayzat:
Can't believe you have to wake at the middle of the night to start dismantling what you help in building @ Bacarnista.

I still you luck sha .

And FYI, Obasanjo is not YET a member of APC as a party .

Nor will he ever be! Even according to Obasanjo. Yet he will always be able to generate headlines, which is why the APC has been engaging with him. As far as I know he makes no contribution to APC policy formulation or strategy but we must give him his due, he has wounded the pdp in a manner that is sure to benefit us. And that is enough.

#change
#GMB
#APC

15 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 4:33am On Feb 17, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
Barcanista has lost it completely. I just cant believe a man is playing to emotion. For the record, he has become his own worse enemy just because he cannot identify who really is or stand for.

Did Obasanjo claim anywhere to be member of APC?

How does stopping from been member of PDP makes one APC member automatically?

Mr you can dig and write all you can. We stood and will vote in GMB/PYO. You can go fucccck yourself with character assasination job you found yourself in.

Forget this lane of attacking barcanista, it only shows your hypocrisy and lack of sincerity. The APC appealed to baba to navigate the APC Ship, I did not ascribe it to him. If bringing peoples' antecedents is termed character assassination, then you need to get a dictionary. Posterity will always judge us

`Be APC navigator’
In his remarks, Tinubu begged Obasanjo to be the navigator for the APC.
“You have come out of tribulation and held the highest position in this country. We are here because of your courage and salient points. Nobody can say he has information more than you,”the APC leader said.
“You have surmounted a number of crises. Nigeria is divided more than before. To realise a stable Nigeria, we want to encourage you to continue to speak the truth. We have resolved and determined to rescue Nigeria. We want you to be our navigator” .
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/apc-mobilises-jonathan-visits-obasanjo/#sthash.SARLnBI1.dpuf

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by trillville(m): 4:36am On Feb 17, 2015
barcanista:
Well, let this thread not be about me. Just concentrate on the content. It is Nigeria FIRST, isn't it?
Bros, I believe you are a very smart guy and I also believe u have nigeria's best interest at heart.

Things are really getting hot in that country and if ever nigeria was on the brink of collapse, it seems like we are in the middle of a perfect storm.

Both parties are the same, the have good people and bad people. What is good about this situation is that we have two parties seriously competing and we hope this will bring out the best in whoever gets elected.

Please u have a followership on NL so u have a responsibility to guide people who look up to you the right way. This is not the time to pettiness over little disagreements. Think of nigeria first and not ur ego.

Voting in APC will tell whoever becomes president that he cannot take Nigerians for granted and will truly usher us into a true democracy.

Abeg make peace with ur fellow progressives.

11 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by bokohalal(m): 4:37am On Feb 17, 2015
OP is reaching conclusion from a faulty premise.

3 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by raumdeuter: 4:39am On Feb 17, 2015
The APC visited Obasanjo the same way PDP visited him and begged him to come lead their party

At no point did he have an APC membership card and its on record he had a PDP membership card till 24hrs ago

So anyone who tries to attach OBJ to APC is simply mischievious

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by yerimastyle(m): 4:40am On Feb 17, 2015
OBJ is now a progressives ......in baba osho voice Go and die,PDP is now cleaned

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 4:45am On Feb 17, 2015
trillville:

Bros, I believe you are a very smart guy and I also believe u have nigeria's best interest at heart.

Things are really getting hot in that country and if ever nigeria was on the brink of collapse, it seems like we are in the middle of a perfect storm.

Both parties are the same, the have good people and bad people. What is good about this situation is that we have two parties seriously competing and we hope this will bring out the best in whoever gets elected.

Please u have a followership on NL so u have a responsibility to guide people who look up to you the right way. This is not the time to pettiness over little disagreements. Think of nigeria first and not ur ego.

Voting in APC will tell whoever becomes president that he cannot take Nigerians for granted and will truly usher us into a true democracy.

Abeg make peace with ur fellow progressives.
I hold nothing against anyone and I never attacked anyone on this thread because of the past. I vigorously campaigned for Buhari here only to realise that the Change we seek seem far and look like a desperate attempt when looking at the people leading the charge. I actually never expected it and in my usual manner i voiced some of my discontent which some other people interpret the way they want to. Anyway, I won't want to go into all that, I will continue to post accurate and factual information from both sides, let people be the judge themselves. I will no longer do a one-way thing. I hope those looking up to me understand

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Change2015(m): 4:46am On Feb 17, 2015
barcanista:

You make these things too personal. It is not about liking a person irrationally, but about appreciating what they believe, what they do and the effectiveness with which they do what they do, and their steadfastness of character, purpose etc. It cannot be that 5 minutes ago, you thought APC policy proposals were the solution to Nigeria's ills, and now, a sudden epiphany! How does that work? When Jonathan says MEND did not bomb Eagle square and then reverses himself and accuses them of trying to kill him, are we not entitled to be wary of such newfound 'insight'?

Atikus loss in the primaries shows the fact that he is not quite a leading light of the APC, especially with his state still being pdp run. The APC is at its core an alliance of West and North East, with Tinubu and Buhari as the driving forces. Didn't Obasanjo at one time strip Atiku of all his responsibilities and stop payment of all his staff? Our vice presidents like deputy governors have little power and are often at the mercy of their immediate boss, so blaming them for the actions of the government while technically correct is still futile.

It would be interesting to examine exactly what your core political beliefs are, because sudden reversals such as yours are rarely attributed to positive motivations. My two cents.

#change
#GMB
#APC

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Baawaa(m): 4:46am On Feb 17, 2015
GEJ is doing worst things than OBJ,that is why-----------
PDP Fall Apart!

3 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 4:48am On Feb 17, 2015
raumdeuter:
The APC visited Obasanjo the same way PDP visited him and begged him to come lead their party

At no point did he have an APC membership card and its on record he had a PDP membership card till 24hrs ago

So anyone who tries to attach OBJ to APC is simply mischievious

Well I am not mischievous. I never put words into the mouth of your Party Leader Tinubu, neither did I fabricate it.
`Be APC navigator’
In his remarks, Tinubu begged Obasanjo to be the navigator for the APC.
“You have come out of tribulation and held the highest position in this country. We are here because of your courage and salient points. Nobody can say he has information more than you,”the APC leader said.
“You have surmounted a number of crises. Nigeria is divided more than before. To realise a stable Nigeria, we want to encourage you to continue to speak the truth. We have resolved and determined to rescue Nigeria. We want you to be our navigator” .
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/apc-mobilises-jonathan-visits-obasanjo/#sthash.SARLnBI1.dpuf

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by luvmijeje(f): 4:52am On Feb 17, 2015
It is said that whoever is to come to equity must come with clean hand

This is misapplication of quote. Applying this quote means we should all keep quiet........ We shouldn't bother criticising Jonathan. Majority of those who criticise Obasanjo during his government are the Yorubas.

Obasanjo is doing his job, it's left for Jonathan to listen to him or not.

8 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by raumdeuter: 4:53am On Feb 17, 2015
barcanista:

Well I am not mischievous. I never put words into the mouth of your Party Leader Tinubu, neither did I fabricate it.

Speaking yesterday at Wadata Plaza, PDP National Secretariat, Abuja, when he received the former governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel back to the family of PDP, [size=16pt]Muazu admitted that mistakes were made in the past and Obasanjo should come and lead the party, adding that the leader of the party, President Goodluck Jonathan was also waiting eagerly for him to come back to the party[/size]. - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/muazu-pdp-mark-daniel-beg-obasanjo-forgiveness/#sthash.dDAMRQo9.dpuf

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria Has Over N 2.7Trn In Treasury Single Account ( TSA ) – AGF / Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority / Obasanjo Should Explain Why He Failed To Attend May 29, June 12 Events – Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.