Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops (4190 Views)

Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari / Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari / Hillary Clinton Blasts President Jonathan. Claims He's Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by ajetunde: 4:16pm On Feb 17, 2015
“Are they not fighting ISIS? Why can’t they come to Nigeria?” Mr. Jonathan said, in his first interview with Western media this year. “Look, they are our friends. If Nigeria has a problem, then I expect the U.S. to come and assist us.” – WSJ

As usual, Dr. Good Lock made several utterances that made a joke of Nigeria in yet another western interview. His position on the ?#?ekitigate? saga is a new addition to his long manifestation of dull-witted and inscrutable ideologue. Even in spite of Fayose and Adesiyan's confessions, Mr Jonathan still argues that the tape is fake. “It’s all fabrications,” he said of the audio. “Why should I investigate things that are not real?” Very nice! I bet that was not so surprising, we weren't expecting him to lift a finger. But what I found riveting were the comments of western readers to his request for US troops. Take a read.

Jeff Simon:
1. Stop stealing your countries oil revenue.
2. Use the money to equip, pay, train and educate an army.
3. WAKE UP....WE ARE NOT COMING
PS: Please do not take any of this personally, we already have more corrupt oil soaked dictators than we can handle.

Stephanie Galonska:
The West has given and given and given to the third worlds and nothing has ever come from it save for more starving people, more violence and more demands for Our Money and Our Blood. But this is what happens when you "help" people whose culture is opposite of your own without expecting nothing in return. They take and take and keep taking 'til nothing's left and at the end, they're still doing all the same things that caused their problems in the first place.

Micheal Ohara:
I have a son in the US Army. He swore to serve and protect the US. Not a Nigerian politician.

Cap Morgan:
"If Nigeria has a problem, then I expect the U.S. to come and assist us."
Not with my tax dollars. Not for this buffoon.

Douglas Cudney:
I just remember the wonderful reception American oil workers received when working in Nigeria..........(very sarcastically meant)......and they want help? Yes, I agree -- send Al Sharpton over there!

Jeffery Tierney:
I cannot tell what is more messed up, Iraq or Nigeria. Oh wait a minute, don't forget, Somalia, Libya and the list goes on. I'll give Obama credit on this one. He is keeping us from getting involved with another loser. Sometimes the Demodunces or the Repubidiots will surprise you, but not often.

Joan Newcomb:
Goodluck Jonathan..he has good luck, alright...where does 10% of Nigeria's oil production go? For how many years has 10% of production been stolen? Now they want American politicians to take the earnings of the U.S. populace and funnel it to a seated mafia? I'm not surprised, though, because the US throws the earnings of its citizens at many countries, many which hate each other and the U.S. What an outrage. At least if it is thrown away on ObamaCare or so called stimulus that is a means to transfer wealth to unions, it stays mostly in the U.S.

Ted Childers:
Might I suggest to President Johnathan that hanging one general officer a week for corruption (stealing the troop's pay, etc.) might do wonders for the military effectiveness of his army and solve his problem post haste.

Carter Newton:
Clearly the majority on this thread recognizes that Nigeria is emblematic of a totally failed African country, led by kleptocrats since independence. This is truly a "no hoper" disaster of a country....sorry Jonathan, and good luck, loser.

Michael Markovitch:
No. Nigeria's army would be able to do the job, if it were not for corruption. Hopefully Nigeria will get a new President in the next election. Having "Goodluck" around certainly hasn't been good luck for Nigeria.

Nate Smith:
Do they not have thousands of military age youth underemployed? Why Yes they do Goodluck. So at the most we should send military advisors with decent weapons and some vehicles to spread around to them and we can liaison command these guys and promote the ones with talent. Let them do the fighting and bleeding.

Kevin Finch:
As our "friend", what exactly does he do? Sorry, Toughluck Jonathan. If your able-bodied young men aren't willing to take up arms to fight this small rag tag group, I see no reason why kids from Iowa and Texas should die instead. At least the Kurds and some Iraqis are willing to try to take the lead on their ground fighting, and ISIS appears far more formidable and well armed than Boko Haram.

Friends, albeit these are not necessarily representative of the US government's position, I can't but share the sentiments of the commentators. The world does not owe us anything. As a nation, we would either stand up to defend ourselves or perish together. If the sound of picking up arms to fight Boko Haram is terrifying (which certainly is), picking up your voter's card to vote out a government that is demilitarizing Nigeria would likely have the same effect at much less cost.

When the time comes, don't just cast your vote, do it with good judgment. But if the time never comes, be prepared to get on the streets in peaceful demand for an end to this kleptocracy. An onlooker in the face of tyranny is either a traitor or a coward.

>>> http://liveofofo.com/67986/americans-blasts-president-goodluck-jonathan-for-requesting-for-us-troops/

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by stecman: 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
Please, brethren, read what OMAR BANGURA from Sierra Leone has to tell Nigerians:

"I don't think you guys know what you are playing with. You can call each other names and laugh about it now but when you end up inciting hate here as I read through your posts here and a real civil war starts in your country you will regret what you are doing now. Your religious and political leaders are trying to divide you between religious lines and you are helping them do that rather than s...tanding up and saying we are all Nigerians never mind our tribe, region or religion. That's the only stand that will save your blessed nation. The foreign powers pushing the government to take certain decisions now will abandon you when you start killing one another and prevent you from running to their countries so be careful. Our 11- year war in Sierra Leone was not even based on religious or tribal differences and see what we did to our country. The worst conflicts are those based on tribal and religious differences. See Central Africa, Bosnia and Rwanda. To have a better knowledge of this, please watch the documentary/movie called "Hotel Rwanda" or "Sometime in April". My heart bleeds when I read what you guys are saying because I know what this will lead to. You will be the losers all of you whether Christian, Muslim, Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa. Stand as one and save your nation together because you have only one Nigeria that has the potential to lead Africa."
PLEASE HELP SAVE NIGERIA AND SHARE THIS TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.
Kindly forward to your contacts until it gets to every Nigerian. God bless you. Amen

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by kodded(m): 4:18pm On Feb 17, 2015
NA WA O undecided

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by SSSlytherin2(m): 4:23pm On Feb 17, 2015
Americans have killed us. angry grin

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by Bekwarra(m): 4:25pm On Feb 17, 2015
A sensible person will know this is not an insult to the president but to Nigerians as a whole. Go to an average American site and you'll see the level of insult they hurl at third world countries even the black Americans. But do I blame them?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by Miami11: 4:33pm On Feb 17, 2015
Jonathan ashaming Nigeria since 1897.
Always begging Chai

5 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by obergath: 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
that what you get when you elect a moroon as your president.

14 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 17, 2015
Americans Are Politically Inclined. Gej And His People Are The Major Problem. Gej Has Nothing To Offer Nigerians Honestly.

9 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by dubylhover(m): 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
Why isn't this on fp na

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
Goodluck is more dangerous than badluck.

Badluck teaches valuable lessons about Patience, Timing, and the need to be prepared for the worst.

Goodluck deludes you into the opposite lesson, making you think your brilliance will carry you through.

Such a shame but we have decided!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by Sola42: 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
Look at the insult and embarrassments our Leader is subjecting us to, must we seek for help from America. Do you think they will help you without something in exchange as an interest, Now even Benin Republic is feeling stronger than our great nation, our military is been ridiculed by Niger Defence Minister. The glory of this great nation must be restored and that is why we need to look beyond ethnic or religious boundaries when making our decision during election. God bless Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by caselessogbuagu: 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
I cant help , but cry at the thought that a feeb and a clueless man is the one leading my country. He has virtually destroyed our image before the whole world. How did we get here with this thief?
I cant wait for gej to go down.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by farem: 5:24pm On Feb 17, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
ajetunde:
“Are they not fighting ISIS? Why can’t they come to Nigeria?” Mr. Jonathan said, in his first interview with Western media this year. “Look, they are our friends. If Nigeria has a problem, then I expect the U.S. to come and assist us.” – WSJ

As usual, Dr. Good Lock made several utterances that made a joke of Nigeria in yet another western interview. His position on the ?#?ekitigate? saga is a new addition to his long manifestation of dull-witted and inscrutable ideologue. Even in spite of Fayose and Adesiyan's confessions, Mr Jonathan still argues that the tape is fake. “It’s all fabrications,” he said of the audio. “Why should I investigate things that are not real?” Very nice! I bet that was not so surprising, we weren't expecting him to lift a finger. But what I found riveting were the comments of western readers to his request for US troops. Take a read.

Jeff Simon:
1. Stop stealing your countries oil revenue.
2. Use the money to equip, pay, train and educate an army.
3. WAKE UP....WE ARE NOT COMING
PS: Please do not take any of this personally, we already have more corrupt oil soaked dictators than we can handle.

Stephanie Galonska:
The West has given and given and given to the third worlds and nothing has ever come from it save for more starving people, more violence and more demands for Our Money and Our Blood. But this is what happens when you "help" people whose culture is opposite of your own without expecting nothing in return. They take and take and keep taking 'til nothing's left and at the end, they're still doing all the same things that caused their problems in the first place.

Micheal Ohara:
I have a son in the US Army. He swore to serve and protect the US. Not a Nigerian politician.

Cap Morgan:
"If Nigeria has a problem, then I expect the U.S. to come and assist us."
Not with my tax dollars. Not for this buffoon.

Douglas Cudney:
I just remember the wonderful reception American oil workers received when working in Nigeria..........(very sarcastically meant)......and they want help? Yes, I agree -- send Al Sharpton over there!

Jeffery Tierney:
I cannot tell what is more messed up, Iraq or Nigeria. Oh wait a minute, don't forget, Somalia, Libya and the list goes on. I'll give Obama credit on this one. He is keeping us from getting involved with another loser. Sometimes the Demodunces or the Repubidiots will surprise you, but not often.

Joan Newcomb:
Goodluck Jonathan..he has good luck, alright...where does 10% of Nigeria's oil production go? For how many years has 10% of production been stolen? Now they want American politicians to take the earnings of the U.S. populace and funnel it to a seated mafia? I'm not surprised, though, because the US throws the earnings of its citizens at many countries, many which hate each other and the U.S. What an outrage. At least if it is thrown away on ObamaCare or so called stimulus that is a means to transfer wealth to unions, it stays mostly in the U.S.

Ted Childers:
Might I suggest to President Johnathan that hanging one general officer a week for corruption (stealing the troop's pay, etc.) might do wonders for the military effectiveness of his army and solve his problem post haste.

Carter Newton:
Clearly the majority on this thread recognizes that Nigeria is emblematic of a totally failed African country, led by kleptocrats since independence. This is truly a "no hoper" disaster of a country....sorry Jonathan, and good luck, loser.

Michael Markovitch:
No. Nigeria's army would be able to do the job, if it were not for corruption. Hopefully Nigeria will get a new President in the next election. Having "Goodluck" around certainly hasn't been good luck for Nigeria.

Nate Smith:
Do they not have thousands of military age youth underemployed? Why Yes they do Goodluck. So at the most we should send military advisors with decent weapons and some vehicles to spread around to them and we can liaison command these guys and promote the ones with talent. Let them do the fighting and bleeding.

Kevin Finch:
As our "friend", what exactly does he do? Sorry, Toughluck Jonathan. If your able-bodied young men aren't willing to take up arms to fight this small rag tag group, I see no reason why kids from Iowa and Texas should die instead. At least the Kurds and some Iraqis are willing to try to take the lead on their ground fighting, and ISIS appears far more formidable and well armed than Boko Haram.

Friends, albeit these are not necessarily representative of the US government's position, I can't but share the sentiments of the commentators. The world does not owe us anything. As a nation, we would either stand up to defend ourselves or perish together. If the sound of picking up arms to fight Boko Haram is terrifying (which certainly is), picking up your voter's card to vote out a government that is demilitarizing Nigeria would likely have the same effect at much less cost.

When the time comes, don't just cast your vote, do it with good judgment. But if the time never comes, be prepared to get on the streets in peaceful demand for an end to this kleptocracy. An onlooker in the face of tyranny is either a traitor or a coward.

>>> http://liveofofo.com/67986/americans-blasts-president-goodluck-jonathan-for-requesting-for-us-troops/

ALL these are APC Members! Don't mind them {Thinking aloud for Doy.. Oku..

7 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by AyeeIdris(f): 5:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
choi! hiding my head in shame

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by obailala(m): 5:53pm On Feb 17, 2015
farem:
[color=#000099][/color]
This is what the morons in Nigeria have continuously said since 2011 thereby sinking the almighty Nigeria to an all time low.

Even if GEJ wanted to solicit American help, his choice of words in the interview were most unrefined for a leader and embarrassing to any sensible Nigerian. GEJ has made me truly understand the importance of having a person with a sound mind at the helm of affairs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by Vision4God: 6:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
Bacarnista:
The Americans do not want to help because their interest is to see Nigeria divide

U've said it all.

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 17, 2015
Is very unfortunate. This is were the clueless one has taken us to. May God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by andresia(m): 6:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
farem:
[color=#000099][/color]

U must be a very silly dolt to quote the whole post just to type such dry joke.
Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by crownprince102: 6:05pm On Feb 17, 2015
Chai!!! Americans, Dia riz Godu oooo
Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by obailala(m): 6:05pm On Feb 17, 2015
Bacarnista:
The American do not want to help because their interest is to see Nigeria divide
The Americans and all other nations are not helping us because our problem is self inflicted and also because the situation isn't yet irredeemable if only Nigerians decide to do the right thing (kicking the present incompetent leader out and demanding accountability from our public officers).

In any society, not everyone is meant to be a leader. Some people perform better at being loyalists and this doesn't in anyway undermine their importance or value in the scheme of things. GEJ isn't just cut out to be a leader especially in a complex and polarised country like ours; leadership goes far beyond building roads or airports but many Nigerians obviously do not know this.

The world is closely watching what Nigerians will do in the elections. In the eyes of the world, the joke is presently on Jonathan but the result of the polls will determine if the joke will still remain on GEJ or if it extends to all Nigerians.

9 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by obergath: 6:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
Bacarnista:
The Americans do not want to help because their interest is to see Nigeria divide

and dumbness can't go further than this. like most of the American commentators said up there, they are not the onces squandering monies meant to train and equip the military. then why the f*ck will y'all want the tax payers monies(sweat) for your government ineptitude, kleptomaniac, clueless and brain dead strategies.

5 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by allanphash7(m): 6:09pm On Feb 17, 2015
why wont they blast d clueless one?

Jonathan is just synonymous to blasting nowadays

o ma se o
Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:12pm On Feb 17, 2015
Bekwarra:
A sensible person will know this is not an insult to the president but to Nigerians as a whole. Go to an average American site and you'll see the level of insult they hurl at third world countries even the black Americans. But do I blame them?
We don't insult you, we just tell you the bitter truth.
Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by atlwireles: 6:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
You people don't understand the politics of publicly asking for troops. The french are in Niger and Chad working with the Nigerian army. Some People are not happy, so you publicly call for their support. They will now leave you alone to go about your business as you please.
Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by crownprince102: 6:18pm On Feb 17, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
We don't insult you, we just tell you the bitter truth.
Are you calling urself an american? undecided

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by saharachic(f): 6:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
Dr Good LOCK ! grin grin grin grin
Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by crownprince102: 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
Just look at clean and sincere comment from developed minds. Unlike the one we make on NL, call ourselves dubious one, amala eaters and cow rearers.

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:23pm On Feb 17, 2015
caselessogbuagu:
I cant help , but cry at the thought that a feeb and a clueless man is the one leading my country. He has virtually destroyed our image before the whole world. How did we get here with this thief?
I cant wait for gej to go down.
How did you get here? Oh, let me remind you real quick although I know a few of you will take umbrage because you hate the truth.

When Boko Haram started instead of tackling it head on, a lot of you falsely claimed it was targeted at Igbos--- and the Government ran with this false notion as a way of distracting the populace from their bleeding of the Treasury. Today, which Region is still overwhelmingly supporting this failed criminal Government?

Yeah, that's how you got here.

3 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Americans Blasts President Jonathan For Requesting For US Troops by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:25pm On Feb 17, 2015
crownprince102:

Are you calling urself an american? undecided
Are you Nigerian?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Angry Youths Threaten To Burn Down The Palace Of Oba Of Lagos If Agbaje Wins / Muhammadubuhari’s HOT Son Yusuf Has Became The Most Eligible Bachelor In Nigeria / MUST READ! Senator David Mark, Ekweremadu All In Fresh Financial Scandal Worth B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.