Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Got Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Got Arrested (20964 Views)

Chidiogo Akunyili Meets Olusegun Obasanjo / Funy!! Man Who Posted RIP On PMB Twitter Feed Got Arrested; See What Happen Next / THE N 500 Million Bounty:how Nnamdi Kanu Got Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Got Arrested by kingogundana: 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
I just got dis now!BREAKING NEWS: OLUSEGUN OBASANJO ARRESTED

HOW ARE THE MIGHTY FALLEN
OBJ OBJ THE WORLD WARNED YOU

BUT YOUR PRIDE, ARROGANCE AND WICKEDNESS
HAS PUSHED YOU TO THE GROUND

Word coming out of Otta, Ogun State indicates that former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, was in the early hours of this morning, whisked away from his Otta Farm by Men of the Nigerian Police Force led by the infamous CP Mbu…

His arrest may be connected to his recent disparaging comments directed to President Goodluck Jonathan.

Eye Witness accounts say as early as 5:00 AM this morning, a combined force of Nigerian Army Officers and Policemen led by CP Mbu, stormed the Otta Farm residence of the former President, on “orders from above”, and after a brief scuffle (during which Chief Obasanjo kicked 5 officers in the balls and punched CP Mbu in the throat), he was eventually subdued and whisked into a waiting Armored Personnel Carrier.

While nothing has been heard from Chief Obasanjo since, he released a scathing statement via his spokesperson directed once again to President Jonathan:

“You think you can hold me down? You must be joking. I will continue to stand for proper democracy. I will not be silenced! Somebody tell Moji to bring food for me as soon as possible”.

The President meanwhile, has refused to comment on the recent development. However, his Aide, Mr Reuben Abati has been recorded saying “There is no problem. Just a random security check. Baba is fine and will be released soon”.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Got Arrested by otokx(m): 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
No source
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Got Arrested by mymadam(m): 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
cry Mod, push to JOKES SECTION please. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Got Arrested by dealslip(f): 8:25pm On Feb 17, 2015
Having successfully destroying PDP. OBJ must be enjoying all the political affection and attention he is getting at the moment. I am just worried that OBJ and Tinubu who couldn't see eye to eye a few years ago are now best of pals singing the same song and somehow Atiku and OBJ, two sworn enemies are in the same camp endorsing a man they jointly defeated in the 2003 polls. I am confused about this kind of change where corrupt ex presidents and VP implicated in the Haliburton scam are also shouting corruption. The same Haliburton scandal that fetched a US congressman jail time. I can still stomach Buhari but the presence of these guys back in the presidency makes me jittery: Atiku, OBJ and Tinubu all in one group. Beware of this sophisticated pimps. I believe they joined the change train to protect their investments and interest. Nigerians shine your eyes, this isn't change, this is continuation. This is the reason we must be careful about politician, they become united when they smell power and money. Our participation is all they need not our contribution.
Buhari though disciplined to an extent cannot do it alone at that age. Nigeria is a lot more volatile and complex than what it used to be in the early 80s. These are the guys to advice him and place people into positions that matter. May we eventually get the change we actually wished for. Before you join them in heating up the polity ensure you get a guarantee from them that they, their children, wives, friends who have benefited from them would be the first line of defence while we follow from a distance. If they are so passionate about this democracy and want to show their full commitment then they must lead by example starting from the battle field. Since they love us so much then they must show it first by leading any protest that may occur as a result of any anomalies from the forthcoming election. Jonathan might join APC tomorrow and he would be welcomed with pomp and pageantry. Do not lose sleep or your life over them, they are only doing their jobs. Remember 3 million people died in the Civil war, there are no monuments to even recognise or appreciate the blood they sacrificed for Nigeria which unfortunately is still a country not a nation. The seams joining us are bursting at the hems due to the magnanimity and genourosity of our politician preaching division and hate. Please protect your life. Do not promote or encourage violence, Nigerians will suffer most.

9 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Got Arrested by delugadou(m): 8:26pm On Feb 17, 2015
The gateman at Yaba Left has forgotten to lock the gate again. smh

2 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Got Arrested by musicwriter(m): 10:22pm On Feb 17, 2015
dealslip:
OBJ must be enjoying all the political affection and attention he is getting at the moment. I am just worried that OBJ and Tinubu who couldn't see eye to eye a few years ago are now best of pals singing the same song and somehow Atiku and OBJ, two sworn enemies are in the same camp endorsing a man they jointly defeated in the 2003 polls. I am confused about this kind of change where corrupt ex presidents and VP implicated in the Haliburton scam are also shouting corruption. The same Haliburton scandal that fetched a US congressman jail time. I can still stomach Buhari but the presence of these guys back in the presidency makes me jittery: Atiku, OBJ and Tinubu all in one group. Beware of this sophisticated pimps. I believe they joined the change train to protect their investments and interest. Nigerians shine your eyes, this isn't change, this is continuation. This is the reason we must be careful about politician, they become united when they smell power and money. Our participation is all they need not our contribution.
Buhari though disciplined to an extent cannot do it alone at that age. Nigeria is a lot more volatile and complex than what it used to be in the early 80s. These are the guys to advice him and place people into positions that matter. May we eventually get the change we actually wished for. Before you join them in heating up the polity ensure you get a guarantee from them that they, their children, wives, friends who have benefited from them would be the first line of defence while we follow from a distance. If they are so passionate about this democracy and want to show their full commitment then they must lead by example starting from the battle field. Since they love us so much then they must show it first by leading any protest that may occur as a result of any anomalies from the forthcoming election. Jonathan might join APC tomorrow and he would be welcomed with pomp and pageantry. Do not lose sleep or your life over them, they are only doing their jobs. Remember 3 million people died in the Civil war, there are no monuments to even recognise or appreciate the blood they sacrificed for Nigeria which unfortunately is still a country not a nation. The seams joining us are bursting at the hems due to the magnanimity and genourosity of our politician preaching division and hate. Please protect your life. Do not promote or encourage violence, Nigerians will suffer most.

Thank you!.

This's exactly the message I've been preaching. I even made it a song.

Let me warn them again.

Fellow Nigerians!. Do not risk your life for any Nigerian politician. None of them is worth it!.
Today they're enemies, tomorrow they're best friends. Using the Nigerian people as a pawn in a game they play every 4 years.

Na Dem Dem!.

Listen to ''Na Dem Dem'' on youtube.

Enjoy your electricity and good roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rebwLLyzrr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNLDFmJ9K0w
Find on iTunes.

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Got Arrested by Obaiyski(m): 11:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
What's source of this news op..
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Got Arrested by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
not funny
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Got Arrested by redsun(m): 1:28am On Feb 18, 2015
There must really be some serious skeletons in gej's cupboard for him not to have something to pin that rampaging and crooked chimp on. Or does he forget he is the commander in chief? Doesn't he have grand plans?

(1) (Reply)

Why Sponsors Of Igbo Quit Notice Were Not Arrested – AGF / Omoyele Sowore Takes Presidential Campaign To Ondo River (Photos) / NBA Wants Live Telecast Of Election Tribunal Proceedings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.