Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Jesus Was A Black Man - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was A Black Man (93075 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) / This Verses In The Bible Shows Jesus Was Not Crucified / If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Nobody: 1:17am On Feb 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by GatJokez(f): 2:13am On Feb 21, 2015
kobonaire:

I will not deny that Nigerians are academically well qualified compared to many other nationalities and races. Let us be factual, what has this "high value of education" done for us in our governance? Why do we have the most corrupt government system, public/private system and why are we accepting of it as a people? The only think holding a black man back is the black man himself. Let me not even get started on tribalism. If we somehow are able to mitigate corruption and tribalism then Nigeria surely has the ability to be a first world country. That was the essence of my original post that you quoted.

Unification equals strength because the more division happens the weaker all the particles become. The craziness happening with all the fighting is sad to say the least. Mankind are supposed to be intelligent beings but so far we are not applying our intelligence correctly. Humans seem to still be stuck in animal-like territorialism undecided.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by uboma(m): 2:17am On Feb 21, 2015
slimmy05:
I didn't call you out. I only called out your ignorance.

Sorry if that hurts.

Between you and I, you are the most ignorant on this issue and others in the past. You think by quoting me out of context, you can score some cheap points, kiddo, you are absolutely wrong. You can't help but keep exposing your level of illiteracy. Lol

And like I've always advised you in the past, GROW UP.
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Nobody: 2:48am On Feb 21, 2015
uboma:

Between you and I, you are the most ignorant on this issue and others in the past. You think by quoting me out of context, you can score some cheap points, kiddo, you are absolutely wrong. You can't help but keep exposing your level of illiteracy. Lol

And like I've always advised you in the past, GROW UP.
Sorry you're vexed. I see you're on your period tongue

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by uboma(m): 2:52am On Feb 21, 2015
slimmy05:
Sorry you're vexed. I see you're on your period tongue

Lol it is your sister and mum who are experiencing their monthly cycle.
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Nobody: 3:09am On Feb 21, 2015
uboma:

Lol it is my sister and mum who are experiencing their monthly cycle.
Rightly placed tongue
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by tevinsolt: 3:23am On Feb 21, 2015
Fulaman198:

You are speaking bull crap. Those who speak Afro-Asiatic languages were always at first black. Whether it was Hausa, Somali, Amharic, Arabic, Berber languages, Oromo, Tangale, etc. etc.

They didn't start off as white. Whites inherited the culture of the black Arabs, not the other way around. You speak utter nonsense.

Again stop spewing rubbish provide the historical evidence with credible sources.
And what cave do you live in to not know that the term white means European not Arab
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by kobonaire(m): 3:27am On Feb 21, 2015
GatJokez:

Unification equals strength because the more division happens the weaker all the particles become. The craziness happening with all the fighting is sad to say the least. Mankind are supposed to be intelligent beings but so far we are not applying our intelligence correctly. Humans seem to still be stuck in animal-like territorialism undecided.
100% on point .... You said it very eloquently!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Nobody: 3:43am On Feb 21, 2015
LewisO:

U are a sick as$ nigga.
Is your job devoted for spreading ignorance, huh? undecided

No your job is devoted to spreading ignorance. You believe in black/white Jesus,how lame!

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Nobody: 3:48am On Feb 21, 2015
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by GatJokez(f): 4:05am On Feb 21, 2015
kobonaire:

100% on point .... You said it very eloquently!

Haha, thank you!!

The more I see how divided we are becoming as society the more I wish I was a big activist to try and unite the world. I'm no Mandela though undecided ..... lol

All the holy books in human history still haven't succeeded in making us realize that we are stronger as one collective rather than busted up into competing cells.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Nobody: 4:12am On Feb 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by tevinsolt: 5:33am On Feb 21, 2015
Wallie:

I'm not commenting on the veracity of what you wrote but the allusion that "history classes" correctly convey historical facts. In your own lifetime, haven’t you seen history being distorted? What makes you think that those in power did not re-write the history in the textbooks used to teach us?

History classes do their best in informing the young about past human events and civilizations, it is a valid and valuable branch of knowledge people pay considerable amount to study. if something new is found, it is corrected. History can't be rewritten except there are no eye witness accounts.
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Fulaman198(m): 5:46am On Feb 21, 2015
tevinsolt:

Again stop spewing rubbish provide the historical evidence with credible sources.
And what cave do you live in to not know that the term white means European not Arab

You do realise that in the Western world Arabs are referred to as "white" right?

With that said, there are many Arab groups that are indeed black...Yet you continue to speak rubbish

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by birdman(m): 7:03am On Feb 21, 2015
Ibime:

Leave the one sided perspective boss.

A true Arab is a Berber. If you picture Muamar Gadaffi, you should know what kind of skin colour the Jews of Jesus day would have.

The OP based his claim on Jesus hair looking like wool. Do you know any black woman that can wash your feet with her hair like Mary Magdalene did to Jesus? African hair cannot do that.

The Jews of those days were olive skinned and would not look out of place in Greece or the Mediterranean. Hence in all of Pauls travels through the Greek towns of Corinth, Thessalonia and Ephesus, no mention was made of his skin colour. If Paul was black, it would have been noted in Greece that he was a nubian. The Greeks have always identified Nubians as Nubians in all their writings long before Jesus was born.

Remember, there was no institutionalized racism, so it is very unlikely that much attention was paid to skin color. People probably identified based on culture and lineage much more than color. Color would only be mentioned in passing, in relation to something else.

Even biblical stories show that that the Israelites, and the nations surrounding them were a mix. Solomon's 'wife' in songs of solomon is black. She makes that very clear. David was probably a light skinned black man. We know this because Goliath disdained David's "fair countenance". For David to stand out in this way to Goliath, most people in Israel had to be of a darker shade. As would have been Goliath and his people.

And then there is genetics. We know that dark skin couples can produce lighter skin offspring, but not the other way round. So it would make sense that most of the folk in biblical history would be darker shades, if not outright black. The odds of Jesus being a darker shade is very likely. Even the early paintings representing Jesus bear this out.

My 2 cents, the skin color issue is a manifestation of the spirit of division, with the main aim of wiping out the human family. It ought not be a big deal, but it is. And the fault lies squarely with a carnal church. I dont think most of the Christian church (black and white) is mature enough to embrace a black Jesus. It is what it is undecided
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by holyokoto(m): 7:50am On Feb 21, 2015
[quote author=emmatok post=30929731]The Irony of this debating, is that Jesus being black or white doesn't make him African by Race.
But we are Africans and most accept who we are
That is the the basic fact, their kind of Black is not of African race
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by holyokoto(m): 8:01am On Feb 21, 2015
Fulaman198:

I mean no offence man, but does the average Fulani man look like the average Yoruba man grin grin grin grin? I love Yoruba people though, but there is no such thing as the "typical Nigerian black"

I have had Nigerians (not talking about Fulani Nigerians here) tell me I don't look Nigerian, so I'm sorry it's a regional thing.

Fulanis are more of the Futa jalon races of Ancient Nubia, Now you got the joke. The black race we are emphasising, middle east type of Black
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by holyokoto(m): 8:03am On Feb 21, 2015
segxi1960:

The existence of Jesus has never been in doubt, his divinity is what has been questioned.

So when you say he's a fraud, are you trying to imply that Jesus of Nazareth never existed at all ?.

The first century Jewish historian, Flavius Josephus Said Jesus exists. Jewish antiquities 18
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Deiok(m): 8:34am On Feb 21, 2015
The white are full of deciets and claiming what is not theirs. if not for the civilization of the world and advent of technology that is now been used to documents facts, most great black men from different profession would have been changed to being a white in years to come. men like m. Ali, m. Jackson and lot more.
i think the human race were black from inception.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by emmatok(m): 9:41am On Feb 21, 2015
birdman:

Remember, there was no institutionalized racism, so it is very unlikely that much attention was paid to skin color. People probably identified based on culture and lineage much more than color. Color would only be mentioned in passing, in relation to something else.

Even biblical stories show that that the Israelites, and the nations surrounding them were a mix. Solomon's 'wife' in songs of solomon is black. She makes that very clear. David was probably a light skinned black man. We know this because Goliath disdained David's "fair countenance". For David to stand out in this way to Goliath, most people in Israel had to be of a darker shade. As would have been Goliath and his people.

And then there is genetics. We know that dark skin couples can produce lighter skin offspring, but not the other way round. So it would make sense that most of the folk in biblical history would be darker shades, if not outright black. The odds of Jesus being a darker shade is very likely. Even the early paintings representing Jesus bear this out.

My 2 cents, the skin color issue is a manifestation of the spirit of division, with the main aim of wiping out the human family. It ought not be a big deal, but it is. And the fault lies squarely with a carnal church. I dont think most of the Christian church (black and white) is mature enough to embrace a black Jesus. It is what it is undecided

Its a historical fact that blacks skinned humans are used for slavery by the Arabs, Jew and Romans.
So Racism has always been institutional from ages.

And why are Africans trying to get a black Jesus when we know that Jesus Christ is of the Jewish/Hebrew race.
This is part of the Inferiority complex disturbing Black African.
We always want to embrace the cultures of other Race, just to get acceptance.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by queensmith: 9:43am On Feb 21, 2015
As black as the congregation of Jews in the synagogue down my street. Black indeed. Dunno how many blacks you find jordan

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by segxi1960: 9:47am On Feb 21, 2015
holyokoto:

The first century Jewish historian, Flavius Josephus Said Jesus exists. Jewish antiquities 18

Of course, Jesus of Nazareth existed!.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by ThaProphet(m): 9:55am On Feb 21, 2015
uboma:
@ op, are you a racist?

Is the skin colour of Jesus Christ any important? If it really was, I am sure it would have been clearly penned down in the Bible.

I read somewhere that not all the activities of Jesus Christ was penned in the Bible. Imagine writing down everything Jesus Christ did during his brief stay on earth. Even a duplex would not contain all the write-ups. So whatever is recorded in the Bible are things that are NECESSARY for salvation.

So @op, invest more of your energies and time into carrying out the commands in the Bible as they are written and stop engaging in frivolous and mundane things like the skin colour of Jesus Christ.

If the skin colour is not important, why were there obvious concerted efforts to whitewash history and paint him white? Obviously, the skin colour of Christ is important to white folks.

If the God you worship does not look like you, then you are in bondage. Spiritual prisoners of other people.

Back to topic...

The early paintings of Christ actually depicts a black Jesus. The famous picture of the Last supper: Da vinci was told to use his own family as a model for that picture after he complained that there is no way to find a model family that truly depicts the image of Christ and his disciples.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by LewisO: 10:11am On Feb 21, 2015
ifeness:

No your job is devoted to spreading ignorance. You believe in black/white Jesus,how lame!
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by LewisO: 10:12am On Feb 21, 2015
ifeness:

I have gone through some of your posts, i sees you as a responsible guy, so am not here to indulge i all kinds of gavage with you. But that your post looks aberrant like an unbeliever in Christ Jesus at the first place, that was the reason i quoted u.
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 21, 2015
LewisO:

I have gone through some of your posts, i sees you as a responsible guy, so am not here to indulge i all kinds of gavage with you. But that your post looks aberrant like an unbeliever in Christ Jesus at the first place, that was the reason i quoted u.

At least we can reach a common ground on that. It is my civil right not to believe in Jesus. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Horus(m): 10:32am On Feb 21, 2015
Fulaman198:

I think you are confusing yourself

Explain by using more detail or revealing relevant facts
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by vicadex07(m): 11:26am On Feb 21, 2015
uboma:
Again I will ask the op and his followers, is knowing the skin colour of Jesus Christ a requisite for salvation? Does it REALLY matter if Jesus Christ was (while on earth as a man) Black, Asian or White? Should this be of paramount concern to Christians? If your answers are *NO*, then don't engage me any further because I wouldn't oblige you.

Why are u so bothered. The truth no matter how trivial is still the truth.

I have a feeling you're catholic

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by uboma(m): 11:41am On Feb 21, 2015
ThaProphet:

If the skin colour is not important, why were there obvious concerted efforts to whitewash history and paint him white? Obviously, the skin colour of Christ is important to white folks.

If the God you worship does not look like you, then you are in bondage. Spiritual prisoners of other people.

Back to topic...

The early paintings of Christ actually depicts a black Jesus. The famous picture of the Last supper: Da vinci was told to use his own family as a model for that picture after he complained that there is no way to find a model family that truly depicts the image of Christ and his disciples.

So you have seen the god you worship? And your god looks like you? Wow! That's very odd and doesn't make sense one bit.

For me, I haven't seen my God because even the Bible says that no man can see Him and yet live.
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Dragonking: 11:44am On Feb 21, 2015
mirexxx:
Mary was black too??

Yes..Google black madonna and you will be amazed by what you see. the whites have hidden the truth frm u guys all this while.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by johnydon22(m): 11:52am On Feb 21, 2015
uboma:

So you have seen the god you worship? And your god looks like you? Wow! That's very odd and doesn't make sense one bit.

For me, I haven't seen my God because even the Bible says that no man can see Him and yet live.

You guys dont even read this bible you so much revere...
They saw yahweh
exodus 24:9 to 11
9Then Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abiu, and seventy of the ancients of Israel went up:
10 And they saw the God of Israel: and under his feet as it were a work of sapphire stone, and as the heaven, when clear.
11 Neither did he lay his hand upon those of the children of Israel, that retired afar off, and they saw God, and they did eat and drink

Clearly the white sold you the Yahweh crap, so you better accept any colour they say it is or dont believe at all and stick with amadioha and sango you know are black... grin

#WeFuckingLoveAtheism

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Dragonking: 12:00pm On Feb 21, 2015
scrotum1:
the black madonna in no way signifies that mary was black . now contrast the images below . the sub saharan black madonna looks almost demonic and not sacred or holy at all. the second madonna looks tanned but clearly middles eastern or latin.
the monks dress in black and live in dark monasteries . there's a certain aspect of darkness which is also sacred ,holy and mystical .

Stop being deceived..that first picture is fake..you didnt even bother to ask were the cigarette came from. The original is Black Madonna of Częstochowa..google it and see for urself.

stop believing that everything black is a demon although thats what dey want u to believe though

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Girl Gives Birth To Baby Boy In Oyo After Having Sex With Snake (photo) / Pastor Dr. JS Yusuf Anoints Pant/Bra With A Print Of His Face To Attract Men / Stephanie Otobo's BBM Sex Chats With Apostle Suleman Released By Her (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.