Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men (2794 Views)

How Do We Stop Him From Poopoing On His Body? / Baby Drinks Beer But Refuses Milk (Video) / How Can We Stop Him From Joining The Military? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by jimmayoy: 12:46am On Feb 18, 2015
Some men in the FCT on Tuesday said they preferred to stopover at drinking joints before going home to their families and loved ones to ease off tension. The men, who spoke to newsmen in Abuja said that apart from easing off tension, they also stopover at drinking joints to avoid unnecessary squabbles with their wives.
They said that the need to be with friends also contributed to their going to drinking joints, apart from trying to avoid disturbances from their children. Mr Samuel Olaedo, a business man at Wuse market said he preferred to stopover at beer parlor to drink and watch football to ease off tension before going home.
“I recall an incident that happened some time ago, my wife asked me to buy a separate television for her to avoid her disturbance during football match.“I told her I have no money for that now, since she comes back home before me she will start watching her soap operas; she will hide the remote control from me.
“When I return home and try to change the station from the decoder, we will start arguing which will result to insults,’’ he said. Olaedo said that he now preferred going straight to his bed to sleep even when he returned home late just to avoid the wife’s disturbance.
Mr Ferdinand Lucas, a welder who usually visited Cachez Garden, Wuse told pressmen that he stopped over at the garden to relax with a bottle of beer before going home to avoid arguments with his wife. “I recall when we newly got married, my wife used to be very humble and caring but now it is the opposite.
“My wife complains on every issue and sometimes I don’t even know how to handle or manage her. “In one of the occasions when I got home, she started complaining over the children’s school fees which I already promised to settle at the end of the month,’’ he said.
Lucas said that he wished he was still single to avoid the usual ranting from his wife, even when he came home late. A male boutique operator, who spoke on the condition anonymity, said the desire to take care of his girlfriend keeps him out in a garden every day. According to him, the wife who is very boring was incapable of making the home interesting for him.
“My girlfriend is a very interesting person and she makes me very happy; that is why I spend more time her than with my wife. “My wife doesn’t make the home interesting she is always busy chatting with her friends on phone and leaving me to myself but my girlfriend gives me attention and notices everything that bothers me,’’ he said. He further said that he might decide to be married to the girlfriend if the wife did not change.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/stop-beer-parlours-abuja-men/

1 Like

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by coogar: 1:17am On Feb 18, 2015
in other words, all these men have nagging & cantankerous wives who wouldn't allow the men a peaceful time at home?

A male boutique operator, who spoke on the condition anonymity, said the desire to take care of his girlfriend keeps him out in a garden every day. According to him, the wife who is very boring was incapable of making the home interesting for him.

“My girlfriend is a very interesting person and she makes me very happy; that is why I spend more time her than with my wife. “My wife doesn’t make the home interesting she is always busy chatting with her friends on phone and leaving me to myself but my girlfriend gives me attention and notices everything that bothers me,’’

[img]http://media./media/dZXOXsWBkoN3y/giphy.gif[/img]

He further said that he might decide to be married to the girlfriend if the wife did not change.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by siegfried99(m): 1:30am On Feb 18, 2015
Hian!
Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by Ewuro4: 3:06am On Feb 18, 2015
Talk about a Classic Variant of irresponsibility .. And these ones will also respond when you call up 'ABJ bigger boys'?? Aye ti baje

Our wives nag
Our kids are too loud
No TV to watch

Yen yen yen undecided

What's next , their blockoses need a wipe?
Overgrown babies looking for excuses to stray. Marriage is NOT by force guys and Stay single.
Na una una wives & kids I pity.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by mikkyjagga1(m): 5:12am On Feb 18, 2015
cheesy women nagging men since 1945....-ts better to live on the rooftop than to stay wit a nagging woman!
And I believe it's only s foolish woman that will nag and disturb his peace!
Treat that man like a king and watch him turn into ure baby!
Olodo women...mscheew

4 Likes

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by cococandy(f): 6:54am On Feb 18, 2015
The one complaining about TV has probably spent more than the TV money in a month buying drinks in a bar.

Use the money to buy the TV and have rest of mind he refused.

No common sense angry.

Or at least use the money to buy small sense he still won't grin
Ewuro4:
Talk about a Classic Variant of irresponsibility .. And these ones will also respond when you call up 'ABJ bigger boys'?? Aye ti baje

Our wives nag
Our kids are too loud
No TV to watch

Yen yen yen undecided

Overgrown babies looking for excuses to stray. Marriage is NOT by force guys and Stay single.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by stinggy(m): 7:03am On Feb 18, 2015
Nagging has always been a serious issue. I wonder when women will change.
Is a man not better in the company of alcohols while watching a football game than a nagging wife

1 Like

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by SAMBARRY: 7:09am On Feb 18, 2015
When a man nags it's called complaining when a woman complains it's called nagging. Awon association of alcoholics and drunkards giving excuses for addiction to alcohol. They will drink themselves to stupor, spend their month salary to enrich the owners of beer parlours at the expense of their children's school fees and other responsibilities yet you expect to meet a cheerful and warm wife with smiles all over her face. .even if she's naturally cheerful the cheerfulness will turn to hate and anger if you come back home stone drunk and spent all your money on bottles of alcohol
coogar:
in other words, all these men have nagging & cantankerous wives who wouldn't allow the men a peaceful time at home?

[img]http://media./media/dZXOXsWBkoN3y/giphy.gif[/img]

5 Likes

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by SAMBARRY: 7:22am On Feb 18, 2015
stinggy:
Nagging has always been a serious issue. I wonder when women will change.
Is a man not better in the company of alcohols while watching a football game than a nagging wife
let me give you a basic illustration so that you will see how irritating alcoholic men are
Assuming you married a woman who was never an alcoholic and along the line after work the next place is beer parlour. You're waiting for her at home while she's having a field day at the beer parlour at the expense of the family income and children's school fees. .she doesn't come back home all the time. She comes when she has finished spending all the money. If at all you see her, you see her dead drunk inside gutter or lying on the street and she has vomited all over her body. .tell me your love will not turn to hate and disgust. That's how drunk men/alcoholics look like

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 18, 2015
Women and their wahala!

This reminds me of our neighbor in Abuja then.
Mr Charles, always quarreling with his estranged wife every night until he took to alcohol. He would drink to stupor before coming home at night. And whenever he is back, he would be singing louder than the wife's nagging voice.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by SAMBARRY: 7:46am On Feb 18, 2015
Jidegirl haf ves oDgringringrin You go fear abuja big boys grin
Ewuro4 ;Dpost=30834731:

Our wives nag
Our kids are too loud
No TV to watch

Yen yen yen undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by pickabeau1: 7:51am On Feb 18, 2015
Here to read comments
Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by SAMBARRY: 7:54am On Feb 18, 2015
grin grin
cococandy:
The one complaining about TV has probably spent more than the TV money in a month buying drinks in a bar.

Use the money to buy the TV and have rest of mind he refused.

No common sense angry.

Or at least use the money to buy small sense he still won't grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by SAMBARRY: 7:56am On Feb 18, 2015
Where's KanwuliaJara when I need her. Nne biko bia o cheesy

dalu cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by YourCoffin: 8:03am On Feb 18, 2015
Yeye excuse. Instead of them to divorce the nagging wives they chose to destroy their health.

Married couples never cease to amaze me with their lack of common sense.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by irunoko(m): 8:14am On Feb 18, 2015
YourCoffin:
Yeye excuse. Instead of them to divorce the nagging wives they chose to destroy their health.

Married couples never cease to amaze me with their lack of common sense.
you have a point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by ichidodo: 8:27am On Feb 18, 2015
That is what you get when you marry for the fun of it....the fire burns out....the drudgery begins....We prefer Champions league games with the boys than that kind of hell.
Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by bennyrazz: 10:09am On Feb 18, 2015
seriously I don't know why women watch all these soap operas by telemundo, televisa etc when we all know the story line which is "Love". It's either a rich man is oppressing a poor man who is in love with a girl who is in love with the poor man etc but you can never predict the outcome of a football match.

1 Like

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by Arsenate(m): 10:14am On Feb 18, 2015
ichidodo:
That is what you get when you marry for the fun of it....the fire burns out....the drudgery begins....We prefer Champions league games with the boys than that kind of hell.
I tell ya.
football is a savior to most men out there. a respite and the only source of joy.
god bless the uefa champions league. God bless the EPL
god bless football

2 Likes

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by YourCoffin: 10:14am On Feb 18, 2015
irunoko:
you have a point

I don't most times. You sure you're not unliving too? D;
Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by KanwuliaJara: 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Where's KanwuliaJara when I need her. Nne biko bia o cheesy

dalu cheesy

Mu he he he he he he he he

Why you think say I dey live for one state and work for another? grin
Just pack the kids jeje go put for 'safe harbor'! Amen. kiss
Squabbles for marriage na sure banker ke ESPECIALLY WITH AWA DEAR AFRICAN MEN.
Only a responsible man would have the CONFIDENCE of going home to his wife and kid/s at the end of each day..
As for Nigerian men? . . . . hmmmmmm!

He who runs from a fight lives to fight another day!
Na one thing to claim 'head of the household', na another tin to h-answerrrrrrrrrrrahn!
Well. . . Oga don go work, make I go chop the food wey im cook.

Welcome to Nigerian CHRISLAMIC MARRIAGES!!!! grin
Na dem go f'O'rst shout say 'DIASPORA' marriage na ye ye!
This na the ones wey get small money for pocket o. . . .you can imagine what the 'LIGs' are doing in Ijesah and Iyana not to mention ABAKILIKI or OKADA! grin

A male boutique operator, who spoke on the condition anonymity, said the desire to take care of his girlfriend keeps him out in a garden every day. According to him, the wife who is very boring was incapable of making the home interesting for him.

Na today?

GIRLFRIENDS ARE INTERESTING WHEN THEY ARE NOT WIVES. . . .LIKEWISE HUSBANDS! grin

I love my 'OPEN MARRIAGE'. . . . (awon jolosi. . . nor quench o!) tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by coogar: 2:07pm On Feb 18, 2015
SAMBARRY:
When a man nags it's called complaining when a woman complains it's called nagging. Awon association of alcoholics and drunkards giving excuses for addiction to alcohol. They will drink themselves to stupor, spend their month salary to enrich the owners of beer parlours at the expense of their children's school fees and other responsibilities yet you expect to meet a cheerful and warm wife with smiles all over her face. .even if she's naturally cheerful the cheerfulness will turn to hate and anger if you come back home stone drunk and spent all your money on bottles of alcohol

Proverbs 21:9
It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.

Proverbs 27:15
A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike.

Proverbs 21:19
It is better to dwell in the desert than with a contentious and an angry woman.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by SAMBARRY: 9:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
Mr man when did you become a preacher. So you know how to quote bible shocked grin

I didn't even know you were a Christian to start with. Errmm mr pastor you no read your Bible reach alcohol is made for fools and the misguided grin
coogar:

It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by SAMBARRY: 9:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
grin no one could have said it any better. You don talk am finish. I didn't even see the girlfriend part sef until you brought my attention to it. Interesting excuse grin
KanwuliaJara:

Mu he he he he he he he he

Why you think say I dey live for one state and work for another? grin
Just pack the kids jeje go put for 'safe harbor'! Amen. kiss
Squabbles for marriage na sure banker ke ESPECIALLY WITH AWA DEAR AFRICAN MEN.
Only a responsible man would have the CONFIDENCE of going home to his wife and kid/s at the end of each day..
As for Nigerian men? . . . . hmmmmmm!

He who runs from a fight lives to fight another day!
Na one thing to claim 'head of the household', na another tin to h-answerrrrrrrrrrrahn!
Well. . . Oga don go work, make I go chop the food wey im cook.

Welcome to Nigerian CHRISLAMIC MARRIAGES!!!! grin
Na dem go f'O'rst shout say 'DIASPORA' marriage na ye ye!
This na the ones wey get small money for pocket o. . . .you can imagine what the 'LIGs' are doing in Ijesah and Iyana not to mention ABAKILIKI or OKADA! grin

Na today?

GIRLFRIENDS ARE INTERESTING WHEN THEY ARE NOT WIVES. . . .LIKEWISE HUSBANDS! grin

I love my 'OPEN MARRIAGE'. . . . (awon jolosi. . . nor quench o!) tongue

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by SAMBARRY: 9:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
And also Candace cane. This lady said and I quote her"a man that cannot control his penee-s cannot control his life. So those alcoholics that are using nagging wives as excuse to patronize beer parlour prostitutes will always have a pathetic life because once the money is gone the beer parlour w-ho'res to are gone
coogar:

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by SAMBARRY: 9:50pm On Feb 18, 2015
Coogar the Bible also said that a man without self control is like a city without walls. Abi some chapters in your Bible don tear commot Mr over night pastor grin

how yo committee members grin

Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by coogar: 10:02pm On Feb 18, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Mr man when did you become a preacher. So you know how to quote bible shocked grin

i am now a deacon in my church!

I didn't even know you were a Christian to start with. Errmm mr pastor you no read your Bible reach alcohol is made for fools and the misguided grin

alcohol itself isn't the problem.
the abuse of alcohol is the crux of the matter. just like any other thing in life, too much of everything is harmful.

the first miracle christ performed was turning water to wine for guests in a party. if alcohol is really made for fools, why would christ encourage what would make people foolish?

sambarry, you need to pull your finger out. grin
Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by crackhaus: 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2015
Can't blame these dudes...

Sometimes being in the company of a few bottles of alcohol and other men, can make the world a little more interesting at that moment.
Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by coogar: 10:20pm On Feb 18, 2015
crackhaus:
Can't blame these dudes...

Sometimes, being in the company of a few bottles of alcohol and other men can make the world a little more interesting at that moment.

it's always advised to leave the house when the madam is spitting fire. who can blame these men? the only way to avoid wahala with these divas is to spend some time with alcohol @ the pub - go home & sleep(peacefully). grin
Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by crackhaus: 10:43pm On Feb 18, 2015
coogar:

it's always advised to leave the house when the madam is spitting fire. who can blame these men? the only way to avoid wahala with these divas is to spend some time with alcohol @ the pub - go home & sleep(peacefully). grin
I tell you.

Some of the bars I frequent are half populated by married dudes, only few actually leave with random chics on their way out.
Most of them don't really hang out to chase skirt, it's just a means to cool off with other men after a day's job and escape the fire burning at home.
Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by coogar: 10:46pm On Feb 18, 2015
crackhaus:

I tell you.
Some of the bars I frequent are half populated by married dudes, only few actually leave with random chics on their way out.
Most of them don't really hang out to chase skirt, it's just a means to cool off with other men after a day's job and escape the fire burning at home.

what's the atmosphere like?
are the chics ardent football fans or they are just there to link up with the married men? the last time i saw football in public in lagos was at cubes & most of the men came with their chics.

i will like to see how it's like in other places. which bars do you frequent & what's the menu like?
Re: Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men by crackhaus: 10:56pm On Feb 18, 2015
coogar:

what's the atmosphere like?
are the chics ardent football fans or they are just there to link up with the married men? the last time i saw football in public in lagos was at cubes & most of the men came with their chics.

i will like to see how it's like in other places. which bars do you frequent & what's the menu like?
I'm based in PH for the most part of the year.

Not all the chics are out to link up with men, some come out in groups just to hang out like everyone else.
As for being ardent football fans, well some will pretend to like the sport and even get personalized Jerseys just to make themselves appear cool and Interesting... grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice / How To Get Married When You Have A Low Paying Job. / Shock As Man Sees His Dead Wife In Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.