Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,855 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey (31874 Views)

What Do You Think About Fifty Shades Of Grey / See What Was Found In Lagos Cinema After 50 Shades Of Grey Movie ..lol / Fifty Shades Of Grey Banned In Nigeria Cinemas Due To Sexual Content (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by safarigirl(f): 7:55am On Feb 19, 2015
So people acttually went to see the movie? LOL...the book was enough for many

Still, @OP....some people actually enjoy masochism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by freecocoa(f): 7:57am On Feb 19, 2015
Yea, it's a movie alright but some people buy into all they see on TV anyways.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by GoodBoi1(m): 7:58am On Feb 19, 2015
Dem no curse me to watch every movie. That your 18+ doesn't mean you should watch every garbage.

3 Likes

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 19, 2015
Women are a confused bunch. The book this movie was adapted from has sold over 100 million copies worldwide and has been translated into over 50 languages. The book was mostly bought by women, about 90% grin.

The OP does not speak for women worldwide. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to condemn it. Stop the hypocrisy.

3 Likes

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by 1boylikevhis(m): 8:00am On Feb 19, 2015
Why the Hate Dear Long Epistle Writer? ,This Movies is A Kid's thing compared to its Book na

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by terrifik19(m): 8:01am On Feb 19, 2015
oga ooo

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 19, 2015
lionshare:
That movie is nothing short of nonsense and to think it's making waves across the cinemas, the was jam packed!

Aside from the ugly and inhumane messages of controlling others to do your bidding, I find it very boring to say the least!

I was thinking if it were to be a Nigerian movie, it would have gotten so much backlash but I guess the whites can't go wrong ....pure bull shit!
You think women will come online and tell you they like it rough? Dey deia dey jonze. There's a reason cinemas worldwide are jammed full with women. Aren't the book and movie supposed to be misogynistic? How come women are getting all tingly at the premise and screenplay.

Think about that for a minute. wink

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by GBTYO: 8:03am On Feb 19, 2015
In a world where p0rn is the most googled word.

In a world where Internet p0rn accounts for half of readily availlable and downloaded Internet content.

Why most a movie with a strict PG rating elicit so much concern?

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by queensmith: 8:08am On Feb 19, 2015
Everyone sees it for what it is, doesn't stop us from enjoying it! Ana the slowpoke Chris the freak. Still a good book

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 19, 2015
@ OP Pls keep ur opinons to urself, if ur not into BD&SM doesnt rly mean everybody ain't into it. Some persons see it as a lifestyle.
Its simple,, if u don't like it den watch or read it!!! grin
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by TrishaP(f): 8:10am On Feb 19, 2015
I won't be surprised if the movie gets banned in nigeria too. That movie is an epitome of corruption for our upcoming youths.
IMO,...I think it's preferable to read the book and save thoughts than watching the movie and doing practical.
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:10am On Feb 19, 2015
Thank You for promoting the movie atleast alot of us will be anxious to know what you wrote about be it good or bad
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by SomebodyLovesMe: 8:11am On Feb 19, 2015
Timbuktou:
Women are a confused bunch. The book this movie was adapted from has sold over 100 million copies worldwide and has been translated into over 50 languages. The book was mostly bought by women, about 90% grin.

The OP does not speak for women worldwide. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to condemn it. Stop the hypocrisy.

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by KAYNINI(m): 8:12am On Feb 19, 2015
.................not a cool movie and comes with alot of misconception - it takes pleasure and companionship away from sex

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by ronnyfam(f): 8:14am On Feb 19, 2015
candygosh:
Lovely write up...It depicts sickening things that people do all in d name of sexual fantasies. But it's just a movie

It's not just a movie,things like that happen in the real
World.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by freecocoa(f): 8:15am On Feb 19, 2015
Timbuktou:
You think women will come online and tell you they like it rough? Dey deia dey jonze. There's a reason cinemas worldwide are jammed full with women. Aren't the book and movie supposed to be misogynistic? How come women are getting all tingly at the premise and screenplay.

Think about that for a minute. wink
Some women may like it rough, they don't speak for all women please.

If there's going to be any hitting and pushing, I should be the one hitting him, ain't nobody gon hit me in the name of $ex.

6 Likes

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Dipobond: 8:16am On Feb 19, 2015
Nice movie though. I loved the movie. Waiting for the sequel.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by UjSizzle(f): 8:17am On Feb 19, 2015
I found the books deeply disturbing and couldn't even complete them. If what Christian Grey did to Ana is love, then I suggest men kept their emotions to themselves.

It's weird the kind of things we glorify in this age. Lack of respect. SM (?). Bad behavior accompanied by excuses.
Or the date a bad guy and try taming him hogwash. That's nonsense.
And to imagine the books sold over a 100 million copies with a very unattractive plotline and bad storytelling. The world is crazy undecided

Anyway, I applaud the writer of this piece. Violence is not love. Irrespective of 'sexy' fantasies, no man should have to manipulate and disregard a woman like Mr Grey did, and no woman should have to listen to useless excuses like he gave, nor let him talk her into believing she's really in charge undecided (But of course she enjoyed it up to the point he used an actual whip on her shocked)

Already made up my mind not to see the movie. Can't imagine how disturbed I'll be if I have to put a face to the disturbing images from the books.

P.S Women are strange creatures sha. They'll say no man should call them 'properties', yet get all tingly when a man treats an imaginary character as such.
Dark fantasies everywhere cheesy

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 19, 2015
i dont like reading novels bit i was kinda jobless so i got the softcopy from a friend. geez, i stopped at 82, i'm an adult but this book still hunts my imagination sometimes.it beats me how someone can watch such a disturbing movie.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by ayodayg(m): 8:18am On Feb 19, 2015
Wonderful write-up!
Popular things ds dayz are nt jst right...it is getting to a point where rape, S&M and assault are creeping into our minds quite unconsciously thru movies/songs/social media...soon, all ds once bad/negative/criminal/jailable/capital-punishable offences are going 2b seen as normal stuff...chastity has gone 2d dogs

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Dipobond: 8:20am On Feb 19, 2015
Couldn't watch the movie on February 14 because the tickets were all sold out.
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by CoCoLav(f): 8:21am On Feb 19, 2015
Now I feel like I need to see this movie shocked undecided
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 19, 2015
freecocoa:
Some women may like it rough, they don't speak for all women please.

If there's going to be any hitting and pushing, I should be the one hitting him, ain't nobody gon hit me in the name of $ex.
Fair enough. Everybody should speak for themselves and not try to dictate the taste of others, overtly or covertly.

If anybody wants to hit their partner during sexx, they should prepare to get hit. Period.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by oleary(m): 8:26am On Feb 19, 2015
Read the book before the movie was released and I said to myself, this is down to earth creepy.
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Votukpa(m): 8:26am On Feb 19, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Thanks Grandma for your advice as usual, like you rightly said peer pressure pushed you to watch it and after seeing it, you gave your verdict,

I promise not to let peer pressure force me to see this movie, I will willingly determine to go and see it, then after i will come here and give my verdict.

Realize that your comment was intentionally cynical and unfriendly....and directed towards one with positive and good intentions.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 19, 2015
CoCoLav:
Now I feel like I need to see this movie shocked undecided
Not worth it. Get a torrent download if you have to, even then, you'd likely be pissed off at the data and time you wasted.
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by prodiG(m): 8:27am On Feb 19, 2015
Its theme is that of sado-masochism
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by IAMBREEZY: 8:28am On Feb 19, 2015
i just wasted $100 going to the cinema to watch that crap.
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by sweetrace(f): 8:28am On Feb 19, 2015
The Move is based on the first part of a triology. I read all and enjoyed every single one. I'm not going to watch the movie because I'm sure it can never do justice to the book, and I don't want to watch real live naked bodies. The author of the letter should get real. Fifty shades does not pretend to be something it isn't.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by CoCoLav(f): 8:29am On Feb 19, 2015
Timbuktou:
Not worth it. Get a torrent download if you have to, even then, you'd likely be pissed off at the data and time you wasted.

Nahh...I would rather download Annie then although I don't know how the torrent download works.
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by freecocoa(f): 8:30am On Feb 19, 2015
Timbuktou:

Fair enough. Everybody should speak for themselves and not try to dictate the taste of others, overtly or covertly.

If anybody wants to hit their partner during sexx, they should prepare to get hit. Period.
Fair enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Experience With Dstv October Double Upgrade Promo / 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies / BBNaija: Gedoni 'Ponzi Scheme, MMM Wrecked Me At A Point In My Life'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.