Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) (32395 Views)

Man Burnt To Death In Akwa Ibom After "Attempting To Snatch" A Motorcycle Photos / Armed Robbers Attack Policemen, Snatch Three AK47 Rifles (pictured) / Armed Robbers Snatch Mohammed Babangida's Wife's Car In Kaduna. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by msmon(m): 7:46am On Feb 18, 2015
Three university graduates, who are among suspected armed robbers arrested by the Lagos State Police Command, have said they robbed and snatched expensive vehicles in different parts of the country.

The graduate suspects are 31-year-old Titus Johana, Jacob Ali, 28, and Richard Augustine, 30.

Other suspected robbers are Manven Bali, 40; Cheikube Emeka, 32, and Ejike Chukwuemeka, 37, who also confessed to have snatched a CRV belonging to an employee of Channels Television, Mrs. Adeola Adediran, stolen on January 17, in the Isheri area of Ogun State.

The police also arrested one Nura Mohammed, 33, said to be an alleged receiver of stolen vehicles.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspects were apprehended by operatives of the state Special Anti-Robbery Squad on February 2, while two locally-made double-barrel guns, four live cartridges and four stolen cars were also recovered from them.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, Johana, who said he finished from a university in Nasarawa State in 2012, explained that his gang had snatched two vehicles and sold them to Mohammed who gave them N120,000 for the deals.

He said, “I studied Political Science in the institution. I am married with a child. I graduated in 2012, and also had my National Youth Service Corps programme in Kwara State.

“While searching for jobs, I met a man who said if I could be bringing stolen cars to him, there were ready buyers who would help dispose them. The man introduced me to Alhaji Nura.

“We used to deliver the stolen vehicles to the man. I had given him two vehicles ─ a Toyota Camry and a Corolla. He gave us N120, 000 to share in the first deal, but he has yet to pay for the second. My wife does not know that I rob. She thinks I am still a job seeker.”

Also, Ali, who said he was a graduate of English Language from the same institution, added that he joined the gang because he needed money to meet his domestic needs.

He said, “Titus introduced me to robbery. I finished from the university in November 2014, and I am still single. The first operation I went for was in 2015, they gave me N30, 000. I was looking for money to pay my house rents.”

The alleged receiver, Mohammed, said he had received six stolen vehicles since he met the gang, and usually took the cars to Niger and Chad to dispose.

He said, “It is true that they brought the vehicle stolen from the Channels TV employee to me. But we have not even bargained the price before the police arrested me. The gang has brought vehicles to me on two occasions.

“I bought the first for N800,000 and sold it for N950,000.

“The second one was bought for N700,000 and it was sold for N800,000. In all, I have been given about six stolen vehicles.

“I was a cow dealer. I kill and sold cows. It was just last year that the gang started giving me stolen vehicles. I sold the vehicles to Chad, Niger where I have car dealers. I make about N200, 000 per deal. The dealers too know that I bring stolen cars.”

The Commissioner of Police, Cornelius Aderanti, who paraded the gang, said the police were making further investigations on the matter.

He said, “When information was recieved about their activities, I directed the SARS commander, Abba Kyari, to go after the suspects.

“The arrest of the alleged receiver in Kano led to the arrest of the three armed robbers who are all graduates. Further investigations are ongoing on the matter.”

www.punchng.com/metro-plus/graduates-others-rob-snatch-vehicles/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by msmon(m): 7:50am On Feb 18, 2015
This is what happens when job isn't readily available for university graduate while government officials are busy siphoning trillions of Naira.

Yet, som1 will come out and tell me stealing isn't corruption.

Seun, lalasticlala, maclatunji, obinoscopy, pls kindly take note:

Nigeria Immigration Service Intercept Lorry Load Of Foreigners In Abia
www.nairaland.com/2153215/nigeria-immigration-service-intercept-lorry

N10bn Jet Story Against Me Mere Fabrication— Alison-Madueke
www.nairaland.com/2153205/n10bn-jet-story-against-me

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by theM16: 8:22am On Feb 18, 2015
msmon:
This is what happens when job isn't readily available for university graduate while government officials are busy siphoning trillions of Naira.

Yet, som1 will come out and tell me stealing isn't corruption.

So sad. only okonjo dey see 2million jobs she created in her room. Nonsense

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by Ojestas(m): 9:12am On Feb 18, 2015
The Frustrated Ones. .God help our nation!!

7 Likes

Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by j4sure(m): 9:13am On Feb 18, 2015
Ahhh

Quite unfortunate after several years on campus

2 Likes

Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by ayoa123: 9:13am On Feb 18, 2015
Stealing is not an options please.

20 Likes

Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by endy4oxide(m): 9:13am On Feb 18, 2015
an idle mind is the devil's workshop

7 Likes

Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by EddyNumerouno(m): 9:13am On Feb 18, 2015
In this case, stealing isn't corruption, but the stealing is a direct product of corruption

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 18, 2015
K
Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 18, 2015
Children of the Dutch Diseased economy.
Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by mastercee(m): 9:13am On Feb 18, 2015
Madness of Today

All in the name of N200,000 gain?

2 Likes

Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by MZdamola(f): 9:14am On Feb 18, 2015
Ojestas:
All these dot writers sha.... give space for relevant comments nah, angry
Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 18, 2015
theM16:

So sad. only okonjo dey see 2million jobs she created in her room. Nonsense

While is somewhat agree with your sentiment....even if the unemployment rate in Nigeria was well below 1%....some folks will still steal and steal.

After all....most of the Failed bank execs who were caught stealing from their banks had well paid jobs, and good pension plans....yet they stole.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by ayokellany: 9:14am On Feb 18, 2015
HOW DO ONE EXPECT GEJ TO FIGHT CORRUPTION WHEN ALL IS ASSOCIATES ARE CRIMINALS ?

Have we all forgotten GEJ Godfather is convicted disgraced criminal Alameisigha ? Sick PDP supporters be like Jonathan is beta than Obasanjo n Buhari & I ask is that in stealing ?

No wonder drug baron Kashamu, convicted Bode George, are some if his best friends. Nigeria Jonathan Ebele is no transformer he is a TIF. Buhari till Jonathan Ebele believe that stealing public fund / government money is corruption.

14 Likes

Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by Oceemo(m): 9:14am On Feb 18, 2015
No excuse for stealing

2 Likes

Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by clefstone(m): 9:14am On Feb 18, 2015
Why d emphasis on "graduates"? This is not d 1990s, graduates r now everywhr and that they committed a crime doesn't make it special news.

5 Likes

Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by j4sure(m): 9:14am On Feb 18, 2015
K
Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by TonYzeallY(m): 9:14am On Feb 18, 2015
Ei Pee See Bois...hehehehehe...lookng for shange by 4c
Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by countsparrow: 9:14am On Feb 18, 2015
Una sure say dis ones be graduate...

See dem yam legs so...
Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by Bobbo(m): 9:14am On Feb 18, 2015
It's sad. If graduates will go this far, what are we to expect from people that did not even go to school. You see why CHANGE is inevitable.

Vote change
Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 18, 2015
see what allah has coursed

Renounce your faith, allah is a bastard
Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by PAnaceA7(m): 9:15am On Feb 18, 2015
Change is near
Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by zimoni(f): 9:15am On Feb 18, 2015
Saw the idiots on Channels TV few minutes ago.

God punish them all.
Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by Regiblinkz(m): 9:15am On Feb 18, 2015
So they decided to steal because they haven't found jobs yet.. Smh
Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by otunbashonny(m): 9:15am On Feb 18, 2015
Everyday for the thief and one day for the owner.
Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by fatdon2(m): 9:15am On Feb 18, 2015
They should be haged
Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by canalily(m): 9:16am On Feb 18, 2015
Do you blame themundecided where is work and they have to surviveangry

1 Like

Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by follygabby: 9:17am On Feb 18, 2015
THAT'S WHY WE NEED CHANGE
Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by espn(m): 9:17am On Feb 18, 2015
I will not be tempted to tribalise this thread. Just d names lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:17am On Feb 18, 2015
Adverse effects of of laziness .
Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by okoviv2sure(m): 9:17am On Feb 18, 2015
Must you rob cause you're unemployed?
Re: Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture) by ibkgab001: 9:18am On Feb 18, 2015
Hennessy Moët for everybody..... angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How SSS Tortured Man To Death; Then Paid Family N15m To Keep Mum - Premium T / Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) / "We Were To Kill Apostle Suleman During The Attack"- Suspect Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.