Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures (61599 Views)

See And Buy Now: Tractors And Mechanised Implements Available For Sale !!! / Mechanised Garri Business Is Booming And Lucrative(with Pictures) / Mechanised Farmland and Construction Site Clearing - Bulldozer Hire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 8:06pm On Feb 24, 2015
securi:
Bros,
I learnt that you visited yesterday. Unfortunately the people that were packing the trees stopped.We are seriously working towards clearing them and hopefully we will be ready by Fri. We can start on that fri.

it's OK sir. We will come when the land is fully cleared
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 8:11pm On Feb 24, 2015
meemeee:
Following oo. @hotmas911, you are an inspiration
thank you
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 8:16pm On Feb 24, 2015
Empiree:
@hotmas911, are you saying the use of bulldozer to clear farmland is detrimental to the soil...? I dont quiet understand that. How?
yes and no. It all depends on the operator. The most important thing is not to rake the top soil away.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by Empiree: 8:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
hotmas911:
yes and no. It all depends on the operator. The most important thing is not to rake the top soil away.
hum. ok... learning. So if "top soil" is raked. what happens?
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 9:09pm On Feb 24, 2015
It was fun rubbing minds with Jasper7 and another nairalander on the farm today.

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 9:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
When the whole operation is completed I will post the details of the expenses

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by nairo: 6:36am On Feb 25, 2015
very impressive! thanks for d prompt reply

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by zimoni(f): 12:19pm On Feb 25, 2015
hotmas911:

Thanks Bawse.

God Bless.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by Topmost2015(m): 4:36pm On Feb 25, 2015
What's the capacity of your buldozer? is it strong enough to clear sambissa forest so that boko haram people will not have hiding place again?

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by melifew213(m): 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
just want to clarify one or two things. What do u want to plant on that piece of land? from want i am envisaging it is capital intensive considering the fact u will still need a tractor (ridge and plough) and other miscellaneous. How will dis ur project be profitable? thanks

hotmas911:

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by tit(f): 4:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
world1:

Welldone boss.
Am really happy for you.
My brother you need to adore that bulldozer operator for delivering 23 acres in 24 hours or maybe you should re-measure the land.
Because if you dont want to lose your top soil an average bulldozer can't do more than 3 acres per day even when it's build line bound on the farm.
It's an earth moving machine with minimum speed level.

i have some pics of a shredder clearing trees/plants from a parcel of land.
This way 99% of the top soil is undisturbed.
I hope i can find the pic.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 25, 2015
hotmas911:
you are right bro, its challenging but fun at the same time.
Any animals hunted so far? This is usually my stress relief on projects like this.

Btw what are you farming on the land?
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 25, 2015
hotmas911:
the machine cost is 60k per day (8 hours)

6k petrol and 5naira matches would do d job!

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by binie: 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2015
hotmas911:
Cost and expenses so far:
Bulldozer hire for 10 days 600k
680 litres of diesle at #135 per litre 91,800
Cost of low bed trailer to and fro 100k
Operator 5k for 8 hours
Transportation of Diesle to farm 6500

Those are the ones I have on record for now. Will update when I'm back from farm today.

Cost of photographer(s) please
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2015
Marc9:

6k petrol and 5naira matches would do d job!

grin grin and you start planting afterwards?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by tit(f): 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2015
Empiree:
@hotmas911, are you saying the use of bulldozer to clear farmland is detrimental to the soil...? I dont quiet understand that. How?

the top soil contains a lot of plant nutrients.
If you blade away the top soil, grass cannot grow and next thing soil erosion starts.

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by benzion72(m): 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
This is a big business. Though I read Agriculture but my experience in Agriculture is both tough and bitter. There are so many uncontrollable factors like Rainfall, Pest and Disease. ROI on investment on paper may be very good, but to bring in the sheaves is a tough work. I wish you success in your endeavor keep the thread going with your experience.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by omomummy13: 5:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
What do you intend to do with the land?

Please, keep us updated.

God Bless Your Effort

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by GoldHorse(m): 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
tit:

i have some pics of a shredder clearing trees/plants from a parcel of land.
This way 99% of the top soil is undisturbed.
I hope i can find the pic.

Do we have any shredder in the country for rent?
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by Empiree: 6:05pm On Feb 25, 2015
tit:

the top soil contains a lot of plant nutrients.
If you blade away the top soil, grass cannot grow and next thing soil erosion starts.
Thanks a lot. Is there alternatives to bulldozer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

This High-rise Tower In China Isn't A Housing Block, It's A Pig Farm / Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? / The Joystick Shape Of This Cassava Tuber Will Shock You- Ladies Beware.. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.