Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,137 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee (76071 Views)

Post Of Engineer Trainee Globalcom / Application For Graduate Trainee At Notore Chemicals Now Open / Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by Jagabanthelion: 10:47am On Apr 30, 2015
obinna2nv:

Today Thursday by 1pm..

Beta carry photocopies of your CV and credentials and go. Costs u nothing. Better u take it there but u don't use it than its demanded and u don't have it. Success.
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by fidel9871: 11:46am On Apr 30, 2015
reflexionz:
hello guys, the interview went well like @kingsleychidosky said its a 6-7 man panel, about 15-30mins or more depending on what the indian man with the turban asks, cos the man just dey drill me on all fields most especially my present industry in electricity distribution and further we went to mechanical engineering and a whole lot of other stuffs.....went well though. just prepare your mind questions will come from your cv too

did they say anything after the interview?? my fear is dat i'm still a serving corper (wud pass out july though) so i dunno if that would be an issue....
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by habicab: 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
fidel9871:

did they say anything after the interview?? my fear is dat i'm still a serving corper (wud pass out july though) so i dunno if that would be an issue....

After the interview, they just said they will get back to you which I believe it would be after the whole interview process. And as a serving Corper, I don't think there should be anything to b scared about especially since you are passing out in July. All you need is to be yourself, be composed, confident and be able to defend what you have on your CV. May God help us all. See you guys @ Notore God's willing...

1 Like

Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by fidel9871: 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
habicab:

After the interview, they just said they will get back to you which I believe it would be after the whole interview process. And as a serving Corper, I don't think there should be anything to b scared about especially since you are passing out in July. All you need is to be yourself, be composed, confident and be able to defend what you have on your CV. May God help us all. See you guys @ Notore God's willing...

tanx alot for ur response, pls could you mail me your contact so i have some follow up questions to ask....tanx again
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by ossy4rill: 2:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
I just interviewed so let me write down my experience if it could help someone.

They are about 6-7 in number, one very knowledgeable Indian and one very knowledgeable Nigerian.

Me-- Good morning sirs

THEM- Good morning sit down.

Me- Thank you

THEM - May we meet you

Me - As you already know, my name is ... I studied __ in __ university and graduated with a __(Upper/Lower). I am currently doing a training in Instrumentation at --- (cuts me short)

1 of Dem- Wonderful !! instrumentation so what is instrumentation all about, please lecture us

Me - instrumentation is blah blaa (cuts me short again)

THEM- You haven't said the word that we are looking for .Ok forget it. How many types of loops do we have in instrumentation.

Me - I only know one , Closed loop

THEM- Seriously ? how can you know about closed loop without knowing about open loop.

Me - The people who taught me only mentioned closed loop i don't even know if open loop is a thing that exists in instrumentation

THEM(WhiteMan) - If you studied Electrical/ Electronics for 5 years in school you should know about open and closed loop but that by the way. When we say closed loop , one thing comes to mind, what is it?

ME- Feedback

THEM - Correct. Have you heard about deadweight testers and what is it used for.

Me - Calibration

Them(White man) - Describe its principle of operation

Me- (i began to look at their faces like blue film is there) I am still in learning process sir, i haven't finished my training.

Them(White man)- How does an electric motor work?

ME - An electric motor comprises of a stator and rotor. the basic principle of operation is electromagnetic induction. It blah blah blah which then causes the rotor to rotate.

Them(White man)- I meant what principle does it use

ME- In my mind (which one con me principle again kaa!!!) out loud Sir i don't understand (Everybody then lambasted me and questioned my 5 years in school again then the white man said FARADAY )

Them(White man)- Faraday, you should have just said Faraday, Thats it we are through with you

One of them- What is an orifice

Me - An orifice is a flat ... inserted into the pipe to measure pressure, differential pressure btw the upstream and downstream.

THEM- I see that you are quite knowledgeable

ME- Smiling sheepishly .. Yes sire

The HR person TOok OVER he asked questions like , where do you see yourself in 5 years, what do you describe as success. What is your Salary expectations THEN one of the guys lambasting me who was now writing something on his paper stopped and said

D MAN - How good are you when it comes to minor calculations.

Me - I am an engineer , i am very good sire

THem - Okay we would get back to you, thank you

As i prepared to walk out i heard a voice saying MY Friend, i turned and said SIR. 8 times 12 give me the answer in 5 seconds. As you would guess 5 seconds expired and i said nothing because i was in shock. in the 9th second i said 94, they all shouted. I was still trying to re-calculate when one said bye.

ME- i am smarter than this, its because i am tensed, Another guy started laughing and said bye , no problem we will get back to you.

Them(White man)- i think he is tensed because he displayed a level of intelligence (they all started discussing with some agreeing with the white man and others saying simple 8 times 12)

I left the room leaving all to GOD.

Just no talk pass your mouth , anything you are saying make sure that you really know it. When i came out and discussed with someone who just interviewed his questions were entirely different?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by udylah(m): 4:13pm On Apr 30, 2015
ossy4rill:

They are about 6-7 in number, one very knowledgeable Indian and one very knowledgeable Nigerian.

Me-- Good morning sirs

Me- Thank you

THEM - May we meet you

Me - As you already know, my name is ... I studied __ in __ university and graduated with a __(Upper/Lower). I am currently doing a training in Instrumentation at --- (cuts me short)

1 of Dem- Wonderful !! instrumentation so what is instrumentation all about, please lecture us

THEM- You haven't said the word that we are looking for .Ok forget it. How many types of loops do we have in instrumentation.

THEM- Seriously ? how can you know about closed loop without knowing about open loop.

Me - The people who taught me only mentioned closed loop i don't even know if open loop is a thing that exists in instrumentation

THEM(WhiteMan) - If you studied Electrical/ Electronics for 5 years in school you should know about open and closed loop but that by the way. When we say closed loop , one thing comes to mind, what is it?

ME- Feedback

THEM - Correct. Have you heard about deadweight testers and what is it used for.

Me - Calibration

Me- (i began to look at their faces like blue film is there) I am still in learning process sir, i haven't finished my training.

ME - An electric motor comprises of a stator and rotor. the basic principle of operation is electromagnetic induction. It blah blah blah which then causes the rotor to rotate.

ME- In my mind (which one con me principle again kaa!!!) out loud Sir i don't understand (Everybody then lambasted me and questioned my 5 years in school again then the white man said FARADAY )

Them(White man)- Faraday, you should have just said Faraday, Thats it we are through with you

Me - An orifice is a flat ... inserted into the pipe to measure pressure, differential pressure btw the upstream and downstream.

The HR person TOok OVER he asked questions like , where do you see yourself in 5 years, what do you describe as success. What is your Salary expectations THEN one of the guys lambasting me who was now writing something on his paper stopped and said

As i prepared to walk out i heard a voice saying MY Friend, i turned and said SIR. 8 times 12 give me the answer in 5 seconds. As you would guess 5 seconds expired and i said nothing because i was in shock. in the 9th second i said 94, they all shouted. I was still trying to re-calculate when one said bye.

ME- i am smarter than this, its because i am tensed, Another guy started laughing and said bye , no problem we will get back to you.

Them(White man)- i think he is tensed because he displayed a level of intelligence (they all started discussing with some agreeing with the white man and others saying simple 8 times 12)

Just no talk pass your mouth , anything you are saying make sure that you really know it. When i came out and discussed with someone who just interviewed his questions were entirely different?

Lol...u rilli got me laffing...u did well bro...i have been on dat seat so i understand exactly what you mean...

That White man's trap-ish questions + his sometimes un-clear accent no dey help....anyway wishing us all GOODLUCK
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by faith2ogesco(m): 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
ossy4rill:

Me-- Good morning sirs

Me- Thank you

THEM - May we meet you

ME- Feedback

Me - Calibration

kudos bro..wish u d best
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by obinna2nv(m): 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2015
Make I no lie, the interview was tough!! But I am optimistic!! That Indian man na hard man o!! Well share na #Godwin

1 Like

Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by engrlarex(m): 10:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
obinna2nv:
Make I no lie, the interview was tough!! But I am optimistic!! That Indian man na hard man o!! Well share na #Godwin

obinna u dey here sef, we sat together in d exam hall na...baba make we dey look God face oo
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by obinna2nv(m): 11:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
engrlarex:

obinna u dey here sef, we sat together in d exam hall na...baba make we dey look God face oo

Yes o!! My man. Let's keep hope alive.

1 Like

Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by kachnov(m): 9:08am On May 04, 2015
Finally grin invite for tomorrow.
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by udylah(m): 3:02pm On May 04, 2015
kachnov:
Finally grin invite for tomorrow.
success bro..may u overcome Mr Indiana (Jaspal Singh)
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by Jagabanthelion: 6:03pm On May 04, 2015
Invite finally o o o,2moro one pm. Thank u Jesus.
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by obinna2nv(m): 7:03pm On May 04, 2015
congrats guys, don't forget to tell us how it goes.. all the best.
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by kachnov(m): 7:16pm On May 04, 2015
udylah:

Thanks,Insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by Yeahreen(m): 9:32pm On May 04, 2015
Omo men..dat dai wasn't funny obinna. The White man Na Slow Poison with his Funni accent. All d best men
obinna2nv:
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by obinna2nv(m): 9:18pm On May 05, 2015
udylah:

How did you know his name?
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by habicab: 11:42pm On May 05, 2015
obinna2nv:

How did you know his name?

His name is on their website. He's the plant manager as designated there.
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by obinna2nv(m): 9:45am On May 06, 2015
habicab:

His name is on their website. He's the plant manager as designated there.

OK.
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by fidel9871: 12:26pm On May 08, 2015
mine is on tuesday next week o.....seems like am d last to be interviewed......
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by faith2ogesco(m): 7:05pm On May 08, 2015
fidel9871:
mine is on tuesday next week o.....seems like am d last to be interviewed......
no ur not
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by obinna2nv(m): 9:17pm On May 08, 2015
Haba they never finish interviews!? This is taking too long!!
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by udylah(m): 9:32pm On May 08, 2015
obinna2nv:
Haba they never finish interviews!? This is taking too long!!

bros pple go still do by 13th...we are abt 70 for graduate engineer....den remember say Graduate Technicians also took dia own test which dey've marked...so likely dia own interviews will commence after ours...
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by okyodic: 10:09pm On May 08, 2015
Can someone give me the test format. ....have a test wit Notore tomorrow by 10am....pls I need little ur help
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by obinna2nv(m): 10:23pm On May 08, 2015
udylah:

bros pple go still do by 13th...we are abt 70 for graduate engineer....den remember say Graduate Technicians also took dia own test which dey've marked...so likely dia own interviews will commence after ours...

Wow!! In fact make we just dey look na, how did you arrive at that figure (70)?
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by obinna2nv(m): 10:24pm On May 08, 2015
okyodic:
Can someone give me the test format. ....have a test wit Notore tomorrow by 10am....pls I need little ur help
Bros which exam are you writing now, graduate, technician or experience?
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by prelinctus: 11:27pm On May 08, 2015
Is it an Indian that all of you here are calling white man shocked shocked shocked
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by udylah(m): 12:18am On May 09, 2015
prelinctus:
Is it an Indian that all of you here are calling white man shocked shocked shocked

Na oyibo him be naa
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by okyodic: 1:16am On May 09, 2015
Trainee technician
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by fidel9871: 3:27am On May 09, 2015
okyodic:
Trainee technician

didn't see this early enough, buh jus study ur GMAT N GRE PQ, it might help......
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by fidel9871: 3:28am On May 09, 2015
udylah:

how did you know we're 70 graduate engineers selected for the interview?
Re: Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee by faith2ogesco(m): 5:06am On May 09, 2015
prelinctus:
u dey here kwa oga... shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee 2014: Aptitude Test / Uduak-Frank Akpan Killed Iniobong Umoren And Buried Her - Confession To Police / From Bangladesh, The Man With The Worst Job In The World(photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.