Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,889 members, 7,798,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. (17135 Views)

Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians / Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. / Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by lepasharon(f): 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
malvisguy212:
you made this comment on the wrong house, place this comment
On the Christian home (the Christian chat box). Have you ever made a post in the Christian home ?

Erm nope..I beleive im n the right thread. I dont want to be re-brainwashed. What are you doing here anyway tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Liekiller(f): 2:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
lepasharon:

Erm nope..I beleive im n the right thread. I dont want to be re-brainwashed. What are you doing here anyway tongue

I think you are in the right thread too smiley

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by anssy(f): 4:27pm On Feb 23, 2015
joseph1832:
"Everyone cheats" that's a fallacy! And please don't generalize, you don't know the mind set of everyone do you? Neither can you read minds can you?

If you have no problem with your husband cheating on you, its no business of mine, have a lovely life.

Mr trouble maker,
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by malvisguy212: 5:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
lepasharon:

when you say "brainwash"what did you mean? Or when you are a christian,have your pastor ever preach word contrary to God word? no pastor will ever advice his follower to do bad things unless he is fake,that's what they called brainwashed,if not for the Christian home you came out from and your mum did not raised you in a godly way, do you realy think you will be chatting with me? I know this place before they form it.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
Being agnostic seems to be the best thing to ever happen to me. I uncovered the truth in my third year at the university. Few people knew about my stand.. Still can't tell my parents though but I really go to church just for the sake of satisfying them.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by simplex2: 8:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
chigoville:
Being agnostic seems to be the best thing to ever happen to me. I uncovered the truth in my third year at the university. Few people knew about my stand.. Still can't tell my parents though but I really go to church just for the sake of satisfying them.

I hope you shout Ammmeeeeennnn on top of your voice when the pastor says 'this week is your week!'

Same thing they shouted amen for last week and will shout amen for in the upcoming weeks!

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by onetrack(m): 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
chigoville:

Agnosticism certainly puts you on the side of reason in an argument! Just keep demanding absolute proof from religious people and watch them go crazy!

5 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Darkly(m): 6:42am On Mar 10, 2015
hey guys you've got a new member!!!!

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 10, 2015
Agnostic here...although I'm leaning towards full fledged atheism by the day. I ask one question from the bible and the christians go dumb grin

Over the years my parents have noticed the changes in me and the disregard for church things and prayers, more so because I was VERY religious during my pre teen and teen years.

Now 24 and it's a totally different story. I'm still closet about it though to most people, making it two things I'm closet about...The second being that I'm gay.

It's a good thing I'm showing my parents the real side of me now..just so it wouldn't be a total blow to them. To save myself the stress of emotional breakdown in the event, i've worked hard at being totally independent from whomever it is out there.

Nothing like being free from religion and knowing you're responsible for every action you take in life.

6 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 10, 2015
Darkly:

Since when did you turn atheist? tongue
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by johnydon22(m): 7:11am On Mar 10, 2015
Darkly:

You are welcome
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 10, 2015
Am a liberal who still identifies as a christian fot reasons just greater than me.l

I have a belief to accord respect to all humans cause everyone is wired differently.

I say with boldness that an impressed every time I read conclusions and opinions of atheists,deist,agnostic on religion or existence of a Supreme Being.

Religion has failed in answering many questions I have about life today and I don't see reason in how some people are fanatics about it.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Darkly(m): 7:16am On Mar 10, 2015
masonkz:

Since when did you turn atheist? tongue
lol didn't say what category I belonged to. I'm agnostic bro
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by colored(m): 8:00am On Mar 10, 2015
Darkly:
welcome to the family man
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 10, 2015
But why do do you'll got to be whatever the hell you'll are.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by s3nn2x(m): 8:48am On Mar 10, 2015
colored:
welcome to the family man
Sir, as a free thinker, what is your stand on homosexuality? I am asking you specifically because you created this thread.

@all, Since you guys are not inhibited by religion, I am curious as to what you feel about same sex relationship?
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by johnydon22(m): 9:02am On Mar 10, 2015
s3nn2x:

Sir, as a free thinker, what is your stand on homosexuality? I am asking you specifically because you created this thread.

@all, Since you guys are not inhibited by religion, I am curious as to what you feel about same sex relationship?

Let me reply a bit.

First i am homophobic (Hate homosexuality) and am an atheist.

Homosexuality is just another sexual orientation (people are born that way) just like heterosexual.

And two adults consenting and doing what they want is not my business just like me and my girl friend bleeping is nobody's business.

So as long as someone doesn't his or her homosexuality to me and it doesn't affect me in anyway, then it your business not mine..

It's your life, live it the best you can and i live mine the best i can.

Don't think gays should be stigmatized or discriminated against..they should be treated equally with love and respect because no matter what they are still human..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Let me reply a bit.

Homosexuality is just another sexual orientation (people are born that way) just like heterosexual.

And two adults consenting and doing what they want is not my business just like me and my girl friend bleeping is nobody's business.

So as long as someone doesn't his or her homosexuality to me and it doesn't affect me in anyway, then it your business not mine..

Don't think gays should be stigmatized or discriminated against..they should be treated equally with love and respect because no matter what they are still human..
S3nn2x you forget he is Nigerian,and he's dishee out his Nigerian side.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Let me reply a bit.

Lol...those aren't the words of someone homophobic. Homophobia implies having prejudice towards gay people and from what your said, you clearly don't. You're just straight like most of us.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by johnydon22(m): 9:34am On Mar 10, 2015
DProDG:

Lol...those aren't the words of someone homophobic.. Homophobia implies having prejudice towards gay people and from what your said, you clearly don't. You're just straight like most of us.

Homophobia is fear/hate of homosexuality....i hate homesexuality but not homosexuals (they are humans) I actually do not have a problem with them but i hate it when they bring it to me you understand.

They are to be loved and respected and not discriminated against in the society.

Guess i am not that homophobic after all.. to me everyhuman deserves love and acceptance.

But that doesn't mean i won't punch any of them that tells me he wants to have sex with me... i have beat up like 2 of them up for telling me that..

It irritates me as a heterosexual that i am.. when a fellow man is lusting after me.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Homophobia is fear/hate of homosexuality....i hate homesexuality but not homosexuals (they are humans) I actually do not have a problem with them but i hate it when they bring it to me you understand.

They are to be loved and respected and not discriminated against in the society.

Guess i am not that homophobic after all.. to me everyhuman deserves love and acceptance.

But that doesn't mean i won't punch any of them that tells me he wants to have sex with me... i have beat up like 2 of them up for telling me that..

It irritates me as a heterosexual that i am.. when a fellow man is lusting after me.

Homophobia is generally defined with the words 'irrational fear or hate'. Your reaction is by no means irrational. I think every straight guy will feel the same if approached by a fellow guy.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by johnydon22(m): 9:52am On Mar 10, 2015
DProDG:

Homophobia is generally defined with the words 'irrational fear or hate'. Your reaction is by no means irrational. I think every straight guy will feel the same if approached by a fellow guy.
yeah bro..

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by s3nn2x(m): 10:27am On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Let me reply a bit.

I think you contradict yourself.
If you don't think gays should be stigmatized or discriminated against, then what makes you homophobic? I am confused.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by colored(m): 10:47am On Mar 10, 2015
s3nn2x:

while I may be homophobic, homosexuals should be allowed to live their lives as long as they do not force it on non-homosexuals
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by s3nn2x(m): 10:53am On Mar 10, 2015
colored:
while I may be homophobic, homosexuals should be allowed to live their lives as long as they do not force it on non-homosexuals
Can you tell me why you are homophobic?

After going through most arguments against Homosexuality, I can tell you that 98 percent of people that are against it, speak from a religious point of view. I asked because, since you doing believe in a God or any mythical creature, that means you don't believe in culture and tradition...so, what makes you homophobic? You cannot tell me that because one is homosexual, that means the guy would chase after every guy he means, if that is the case, then it is a faulty generalization, because, if you don't chase every girl you see, what makes you think a gay guy would chase every guy he sees....
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by johnydon22(m): 11:16am On Mar 10, 2015
s3nn2x:

Can you tell me why you are homophobic?

After going through most arguments against Homosexuality, I can tell you that 98 percent of people that are against it, speak from a religious point of view. I asked because, since you doing believe in a God or any mythical creature, that means you don't believe in culture and tradition...so, what makes you homophobic? You cannot tell me that because one is homosexual, that means the guy would chase after every guy he means, if that is the case, then it is a faulty generalization, because, if you don't chase every girl you see, what makes you think a gay guy would chase every guy he sees....

He is heterosexual and thats what makes him homophobic... every heterosexual guy finds homosexuality irritating just like most homosexuals find heterosexuality irritating.. it has nothing to do with any mythical entity..

This is just something you are born with..

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by s3nn2x(m): 11:40am On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:

He is heterosexual and thats what makes him homophobic... every heterosexual guy finds homosexuality irritating just like most homosexuals find heterosexuality irritating.. it has nothing to do with any mythical entity..

This is just something you are born with..
I understand what you are trying to say, but I don't think the word here is "Homophobia"

I rest my case...

You guys can continue your "fellowship"

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by johnydon22(m): 11:59am On Mar 10, 2015
s3nn2x:

I understand what you are trying to say, but I don't think the word here is "Homophobia"

I rest my case...

You guys can continue your "fellowship"

cool whatever...
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:

lolzz are we supposed to start preaching to you or what

Naaah atheism is just a name given to unbelief in gods so this is not a religion or a group.

And it is a personal journey that involves asking questions and seeking answers by yourself, employing you reason uninfluenced by anything...
finally!, so updates on the Agnostic journey so far.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Nobody preaches to anybody. . . . I dont think you are confused, it might be reason trying to break free so let the questions play out.

nice, so am guessing Agnosticism is born out of unanswered or in logical questions or answers right.?.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
nana228:
Present.

Closet atheist, still pray with my family and go to church which is so annoying. It'll kill my parents if they find out so i intend to keep it to myself.

I intend to save my kids from religious scars- more like godless mom

that's just so sad, what happened to you or was done to you?. Cause of us scars and doubts your gonna denial up generation the experience of God, just cause you couldn't connect with him. Just sad.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:

I think if we get married it would be better realized... grin

People around me know i don't give a hoo haa about no religion and they like talking with me which have made many of my friends almost agnostic lolzzz..
I only pretend when it comes to my parents shaa... they are the only Gods that i worship and actually the only Gods that i know are real... smiley
no, men are nothing without there believe in God. Your parents r junior gods if in believe in them, then u could believe in the bigger version.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Differences Between Demonic Initiation And Christian Spiritual Awakening / If Your Bride Price Is Not Paid You Can Never See God- Female Preacher(video) / The Coming Back Of Jesus: How To Be Prepared As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.