Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Nnpc Recruitment Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nnpc Recruitment Interview (208301 Views)

WFP (United Nations - UN) recruitment/Interview / Nigerian AirForce 2016 Recruitment Interview Result / What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by jimngam(m): 11:23am On Feb 19, 2015
anataala:
Good Morning
is it for EH

Not EH, it is for GT.
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by SisiNini(f): 11:30am On Feb 19, 2015
If you've not received the NNPC interview invite, take a chill pill... I saw a notice on PCL website now stating that invites would be sent in batches from February 18 - February 24, 2015... So, let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best... God is alive...

5 Likes

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by 100Cents: 11:32am On Feb 19, 2015
okyky:
Got d msg too dis evening.
Thank God for this gud news.
God who has brought us thus far is MORE THAN ABLE to perfect our employmnt into NNPC.

Interview tips r highly welcome.

Gud speed y'all IJN

You guys want Oil money ?
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by jimngam(m): 11:45am On Feb 19, 2015
SisiNini:
If you've not received the NNPC interview invite, take a chill pill... I saw a notice on PCL website now stating that invites would be sent in batches from February 18 - February 24, 2015... So, let's keeps our fingers crossed and hope for the best... God is alive...

That's splendid news!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by princecherish: 12:19pm On Feb 19, 2015
Has anybody got this sms that wrote the test in abuja or from kogi state please?
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by Sundaydare1: 12:49pm On Feb 19, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]How can someone apply? Is the application free? What are the site to fill the application form? Can someone help with this? Cos someone was asking me[color=#990000][/color] to pay to one account number before proceeding for registration and the filling of the form.
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 19, 2015
jimngam:
I attended the 2011 interview, below was my record of what transpired (I didn't remember all these now, am not Mike Ross from Suits.... lol. I posted it in one of the threads back then);

"I had mine yesterday, I'm an economist, the interview was cooI, here is a summary: a panel of 7 people, headed by a chairman, they asked me to introduce (sell) myself, wen I did and mentioned that I'm currently workin wiwith a bank, I was asked to comment on the Nigerian bankin industry, as I was commenting I mentioned the global financial meltdown, and was askd whether I think the world was out of the woods yet, after responding, they asked a discipline related question, that what are the major components of microecons, I said Demand and Supply, was asked to define them, then I wad asked wHat elasticity of Demand is, I told them and gave an example of a unitary elasticity of demand (insulin), was askd if elasticity of demand can be -ve, I told them it can be -ve, +ve or unitary, was asked wen it is -ve (cudnt remember immidiately), told them I can'treally rememba and dont want to mix them up, then I was asked the corebusiness of NNPC, I said exploration and refining, was asked what subsidiaries carry out each, I said NPDC (explexploration ) and KRPC (refining). Then I was asked some products of KRPC I said PMS, diesel, LPG, and Kero(domestic and aviation) I was asked my gross annual and net monthly salaries, den lastly how long notice do I need to give my employers, I said a month, I was given d opportunity to ask a question, I askd what the next stage was, they said rankin and selection of successful candidates then induction."

Wen introducing yourself, chip in where you are working(if are you are), if you don't want to be asked too many discipline related questions, if you noticed(from above) the interview takes the path of your responses, so u you are in control.

Meanwhile, things might have changed, just felt this will give an idea of how the experience was, back in 2011. Best of luck to us all

Nice one bro but was the entry opened for all graduates e.g. irrespective of whatever field one graduated from? And secondly, did you get the job at last? Sorry though for asking too much.
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by paulooma(m): 12:59pm On Feb 19, 2015
I have recieved the message and am from Ondo State but i wrote the test in Lagos
sunkanm:
To those of us that has received, i congratulate you all and i pray that the lord that has taken you so far will stand to be with you all through.
pls who has received from Ondo State?

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by dekins: 1:06pm On Feb 19, 2015
jimngam:
Below is the post by @ Syenite in 2011

"Congrats to those that have received invitations. Over 4,000 candidates(can't remember the exact figure now) made it to the interview stage.

Firstly NNPC recruitment in based on quota system. Almost equal number of applicants will be taken from all the states and FCT. This implies that you are competing against people from your state.And this will in turn go down to LGA by LGA.So if you have a family member or a cousin in the race it means u are virtually fighting for one slot.
Under this system situations arises where a Candidate from State A with 50% score in the interview will be employed while a candidate from State B with 80% score might not be employed. So those of you from educationally developed states should brace up for the challenge.I am sure you know those states

What to equip yourself with:
When NNPC was established and under what decree
NNPC's Core Businesses
NNPC Subsidiaries and their operational functions
The Refineries and their various Refining capacities
Which of the NNPC subsidiaries u'll like to work with and why?
Why do you want to work with the NNPC.
Why do you want to work in the Oil industry
Why do you want to leave your former place of work(if you are already working)
Where do you hope to be in 10years time?
Understand your discipline and how you can apply it in the oil industry
Know the name of the current and immediate past GMD
Expect that you’ll be asked atleast one basic question about your discipline
Know where the head quarters of each of the Subsidiaries are located say Benin, Warri, Lagos etc.
Research the operations of the Subsidiaries so you’ll know which one you can fit in.(I am currently working with the subsidiary I mentioned during my interview so take your time to research,though it does not totally follow)

Look smart and composed. It’s usually a friendly interview and note that your line of discussion will mostly go in line with your responses so be sure of what to say. But please don’t be too confident else you’ll sound arrogant.

I’m speaking from experience. The above where questions asked me and some of my colleagues who I am working with now. So expect most of the questions to come from them.
Know that NNPC will not take everybody.
Best of God. I hope to meet you as colleagues soon."

Thanks for sharing
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by henryobyn(m): 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2015
Please has anyone received the invite SMS?
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by paulooma(m): 1:13pm On Feb 19, 2015
Am from Ondo and have receive an invite, Please indicate if you are from Ondo and have receive an invite. Thanks
amicdan:
Same here sis....from ondo state no invite yet too....
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by raybeck: 1:14pm On Feb 19, 2015
pls i want to confirm hw i will get d email to be sent to me as the email i use to apply as been block by my email client.pls any good information abt ds as i dont want to miss ds offer.
thanks
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by emecheboy2(m): 1:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
congrats to those that made it, meanwhile olodo set of graduates will keep complaining that there is no job when they are not intelligent to pass common test and have not acquired any skill.

1 Like

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by vinas(m): 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2015
emecheboy2:
congrats to those that made it, meanwhile olodo set of graduates will keep complaining that there is no job when they are not intelligent to pass common test and have not acquired any skill.

Hello bro, one thing u should know is dat its never
by our power ....... The fact dat some of us passed and some didnt, doesnt mean they are "olodo".... I think u should learn the essence of humility... Thanx

17 Likes

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by raybeck: 1:33pm On Feb 19, 2015
Dont mind d guy he tnk by his power he was invited for d interview.ungrateful animal
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by cutebola: 1:40pm On Feb 19, 2015
jimngam:
I attended the 2011 interview, below was my record of what transpired (I didn't remember all these now, am not Mike Ross from Suits.... lol. I posted it in one of the threads back then);

"I had mine yesterday, I'm an economist, the interview was cooI, here is a summary: a panel of 7 people, headed by a chairman, they asked me to introduce (sell) myself, wen I did and mentioned that I'm currently workin wiwith a bank, I was asked to comment on the Nigerian bankin industry, as I was commenting I mentioned the global financial meltdown, and was askd whether I think the world was out of the woods yet, after responding, they asked a discipline related question, that what are the major components of microecons, I said Demand and Supply, was asked to define them, then I wad asked wHat elasticity of Demand is, I told them and gave an example of a unitary elasticity of demand (insulin), was askd if elasticity of demand can be -ve, I told them it can be -ve, +ve or unitary, was asked wen it is -ve (cudnt remember immidiately), told them I can'treally rememba and dont want to mix them up, then I was asked the corebusiness of NNPC, I said exploration and refining, was asked what subsidiaries carry out each, I said NPDC (explexploration ) and KRPC (refining). Then I was asked some products of KRPC I said PMS, diesel, LPG, and Kero(domestic and aviation) I was asked my gross annual and net monthly salaries, den lastly how long notice do I need to give my employers, I said a month, I was given d opportunity to ask a question, I askd what the next stage was, they said rankin and selection of successful candidates then induction."

Wen introducing yourself, chip in where you are working(if are you are), if you don't want to be asked too many discipline related questions, if you noticed(from above) the interview takes the path of your responses, so u you are in control.

Meanwhile, things might have changed, just felt this will give an idea of how the experience was, back in 2011. Best of luck to us all

Am sorry to ask dix sir;Are u with NNPC OR its SUB NOW?
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by vinas(m): 1:50pm On Feb 19, 2015
raybeck:
Dont mind d guy he tnk by his power he was invited for d interview.ungrateful animal

Two wrongs dont make a right......... Pls no insults... Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by ify4king(m): 2:21pm On Feb 19, 2015
princecherish:
Has anybody got this sms that wrote the test in abuja or from kogi state please?
I got it, I wrote in wuse2
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by ify4king(m): 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2015
Sundaydare1:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]How can someone apply? Is the application free? What are the site to fill the application form? Can someone help with this? Cos someone was asking me[color=#990000][/color] to pay to one account number before proceeding for registration and the filling of the form.
application is closed long ago, this is d last stage of d recruitment process, don't pay money to anyone

2 Likes

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by almasterpiece(m): 2:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
DID ANYBODY RECEIVE ANY SUCCESS TEXT TODAY THAT WROTE IN BAYELSA?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by Profmaojo: 2:41pm On Feb 19, 2015
Can maths edu graduate apply for nnpc recruitment
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by Edunwa302(m): 3:08pm On Feb 19, 2015
jimngam:
Below is the post by @ Syenite in 2011

"Congrats to those that have received invitations. Over 4,000 candidates(can't remember the exact figure now) made it to the interview stage.

Firstly NNPC recruitment in based on quota system. Almost equal number of applicants will be taken from all the states and FCT. This implies that you are competing against people from your state.And this will in turn go down to LGA by LGA.So if you have a family member or a cousin in the race it means u are virtually fighting for one slot.
Under this system situations arises where a Candidate from State A with 50% score in the interview will be employed while a candidate from State B with 80% score might not be employed. So those of you from educationally developed states should brace up for the challenge.I am sure you know those states

What to equip yourself with:
When NNPC was established and under what decree
NNPC's Core Businesses
NNPC Subsidiaries and their operational functions
The Refineries and their various Refining capacities
Which of the NNPC subsidiaries u'll like to work with and why?
Why do you want to work with the NNPC.
Why do you want to work in the Oil industry
Why do you want to leave your former place of work(if you are already working)
Where do you hope to be in 10years time?
Understand your discipline and how you can apply it in the oil industry
Know the name of the current and immediate past GMD
Expect that you’ll be asked atleast one basic question about your discipline
Know where the head quarters of each of the Subsidiaries are located say Benin, Warri, Lagos etc.
Research the operations of the Subsidiaries so you’ll know which one you can fit in.(I am currently working with the subsidiary I mentioned during my interview so take your time to research,though it does not totally follow)

Look smart and composed. It’s usually a friendly interview and note that your line of discussion will mostly go in line with your responses so be sure of what to say. But please don’t be too confident else you’ll sound arrogant.

I’m speaking from experience. The above where questions asked me and some of my colleagues who I am working with now. So expect most of the questions to come from them.
Know that NNPC will not take everybody.
Best of God. I hope to meet you as colleagues soon."
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by jimngam(m): 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
cutebola:

Am sorry to ask dix sir;Are u with NNPC OR its SUB NOW?

I wasn't called the last time, this is my 2nd time, I believe and hope that this time I will be lucky. grin

1 Like

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by dublaino(m): 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
Likely interview quesions pls
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by jimngam(m): 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2015
RedBenson:

Nice one bro but was the entry opened for all graduates e.g. irrespective of whatever field one graduated from? And secondly, did you get the job at last? Sorry though for asking too much.

Yes it was open for all, 2:1 minimum. And no, I didn't get the job, this my 2nd time trying....
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by GentleFrank(m): 4:12pm On Feb 19, 2015
Wow, congratulations to the successful candidates who were invited for the interview. Goodluck all the way !

If you do not have a job yet, do not stay idle. Find something doing as you wait for your dream job. Start a small scale business and make some money for yourself. Check out lucrative business you can start easily at www.BusinessParrot..com !!!

1 Like

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by GentleFrank(m): 4:12pm On Feb 19, 2015
Wow, congratulations to the successful candidates who were invited for the interview. Goodluck all the way !

If you do not have a job yet, do not stay idle. Find something doing as you wait for your dream job. Start a small scale business and make some money for yourself. Check out lucrative businesses you can start easily at www.BusinessParrot..com !!!
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by daben1(m): 4:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
What's the grade of qualification for the interview?
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by Ifynoble100(m): 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2015
Would the NNPC carter for the transportation fare.
pls answer needed.
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by bimolowo(f): 5:42pm On Feb 19, 2015
I am from ondo state. I ve not received any text too.
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by charlsecy(m): 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2015
Yes, I got it. It's a happy notification from Phillips Consulting. It's a follow-up of the exam we had December, 2014. The application was done in 2012.

In other news:

http://www.mobiletechbits.com/ {Get updates on release of Android gadgets, prices, specs, and services of mobile networks}

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Check This List, If Your Name Is Here, Then Get Ready / Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 / Push CV Elite Employee Quest 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.